Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! (3527 Views)

Please Help, I'm At A Cross Road / Hello, Please A Brother Needs Ur Advice / Nairalanders Pls Help!: At A Cross Road! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by olaak1(m): 11:13pm On Feb 10, 2012
A friend 4 sometimes nw has been on a quest 4 a life partner; the pressure 4rm both his paren n cronies is not giving him a breathing gap; this my guy is very intelligent n hard working n it doesn't take him much efforts to get into some relationship with some ladies; there's these tw ladies he loves them so much n they both proof to love him too n they are ready to marry him; I personally adviced him against polygamy ; nw D point is; he doesn't know who to chose n how to drop the other perso; pls ur advice is crucial n urgent!
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by TroyJay(m): 11:47pm On Feb 10, 2012
Let him use the "Elimination Method". cheesy Let him:
~Leave his house in a mess anytime he wants to invite each one over. A caring lady will notice the state of his house and do something about it.
~Always suggest eating out. A caring lady will care less about eating out, and would be more concerned about his thriftiness.
~Make up spurious gossips against his very close friends or family members. A st[i]u[/i]pid lady will take his side, instead of trying to calm him down.
~Pretend he is broke. If he has a car, let him park it somewhere and lie that it's been sold.
~Arrange for friends to always harass him over a spurious debt. To be continued. . .

These are things some of my married friends did before they finally chose a wife, and it worked for them. If she's not concerned about your personal affairs when you are contemplating marriage, she probably will not when you finally marry her. When it comes to the issue of choosing a wife, all hands must be on deck else you make a mistake of a lifetime. There are a lot of "ladies" but "wives" are a microscopical few.

May the best lady win! cheesy
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by Oluwa4Sure: 12:07am On Feb 11, 2012
Nice one^
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by InkedNerd(f): 12:25am On Feb 11, 2012
TroyJay:

~Leave his house in a mess anytime he wants to invite each one over. A caring lady will notice the state of his house and do something about it.
~Always suggest eating out. A caring lady will care less about eating out, and would be more concerned about his thriftiness.
~Make up spurious gossips against his very close friends or family members. A st[i]u[/i]pid lady will take his side, instead of trying to calm him down.
~Pretend he is broke. If he has a car, let him park it somewhere and lie that it's been sold.
~Arrange for friends to always harass him over a spurious debt. To be continued. . .

These are things some of my married friends did before they finally chose a wife, and it worked for them. If she's not concerned about your personal affairs when you are contemplating marriage, she probably will not when you finally marry her. When it comes to the issue of choosing a wife, all hands must be on deck else you make a mistake of a lifetime. There are a lot of "ladies" but "wives" are a microscopical few.

Biko, tell me how you came up with this lame brain method. A woman cleaning your house, following nonsense gossip, pretending to be broke, will not prove that a woman loves you. It's foolish trickery like that that can lead to mistrust and breakups. How about you go back to the drawing board and come up with a more intelligent manner to solve this guy's friend's dilemma.
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by TroyJay(m): 12:31am On Feb 11, 2012
^^Firsthand experience from a couple of married ones around me! They were in a similar situation with the OP. Hey, he doesnt need to follow it! wink
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by InkedNerd(f): 12:36am On Feb 11, 2012
TroyJay:

^^Firsthand experience from a couple of married ones around me! They were in a similar situation with the OP. Hey, he doesnt need to follow it! wink

Well that's quite sad to hear that such things were used as a means of choosing a spouse. You're right, he doesn't have to and he shouldn't! Had such "advice" been reversed and a woman tried the exact same thing here, she'd get nothing but insults for setting up a test to see if a guy would clean up after her.
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by TroyJay(m): 12:40am On Feb 11, 2012
^^There are roles of a husband, and there are roles of a wife. I see nothing wrong if a woman is tested with the roles of a wife. It would be a shame if any woman tests a man with the roles of a woman, rather than that of a man!
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by chibaby5(f): 12:41am On Feb 11, 2012
Never knew one can love two people equally and at the same time  undecided
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by InkedNerd(f): 12:49am On Feb 11, 2012
TroyJay:

^^There are roles of a husband, and there are roles of a wife. I see nothing wrong if a woman is tested with the roles of a wife. It would be a shame if any woman tests a man with the roles of a woman, rather that that of a man!

A woman's "role" or purpose in life isn't to be your personal maid or personal cook. Your the sort that would have the audacity to open your mouth and complain if a woman decided to test a man on his finances. There is more to women than just cooking and cleaning, and if you choose to limit your thinking to just that then I feel sorry for the woman who may some day become a permanent fixture in your life.
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by chibaby5(f): 12:52am On Feb 11, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

A woman's "role" or purpose in life isn't to be your personal maid or personal cook. Your the sort that would have the audacity to open your mouth and complain if a woman decided to test a man on his finances. There more to women than just cooking and cleaning and if you choose to limit your thinking to just that then I feel sorry for the woman who may some day become a permanent fixture in your life.

Makes sense smiley
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by TroyJay(m): 12:58am On Feb 11, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

A woman's "role" or purpose in life is not to be your personal maid or personal cook. Your the sort that would have the audacity to open your mouth and complain if a woman decided to test a man on his finances. There more to women than just cooking and cleaning and if you choose to limit your thinking that just that then I feel sorry for the woman who may some day become a permanent fixture in your life.
Whoever said women are all about cooking and cleaning? This is someone you are about coming into his life. What makes you different from the other lady? He's at crossroads, confused. He values both women equally. They are not jobless ladies. Cooking and cleaning is part of her roles as a wife, although not restricted to her alone, a wife CANNOT skip that responsibility in all totality. If that is the "only" test that would help him differentiate from the two ladies, then what tha heck? He's NOT basing the test as a prerequisite for finding a wife, for he has found "two" already. . . Just Differentiation!
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by InkedNerd(f): 1:31am On Feb 11, 2012
TroyJay:

Whoever said women are all about cooking and cleaning? This is someone you are about coming into his life. What makes you different from the other lady? He's at crossroads, confused. He values both women equally. They are not jobless ladies. Cooking and cleaning is part of her roles as a wife, although not restricted to her alone, a wife CANNOT skip that responsibility in all totality. If that is the "only" test that would help him differentiate from the two ladies, then what tha heck? He's NOT basing the test as a prerequisite for finding a wife, for he has found "two" already. . . Just Differentiation!

I'm replying based on how you worded your response so stop acting as though I just presented you with new information. With that being said, you said "Leave his house in a mess anytime he wants to invite each one over. A caring lady will notice the state of his house and do something about it.", "Always suggest eating out. . . " which lead to my comment about cooking and cleaning. You used those lines as though such tests are the only ways to determine if someone can or will make a good wife--these are YOUR words, not mine. Being at a crossroad is no reason to employ lame brain ideas. No woman's duty is too cook and clean. Just because YOU choose to assert these indoctrinated gender roles doesn't make it true. Like I said before, had the script been flipped and a woman came here talking about testing a man financially, you and your likes would be getting up in arms and proclaiming that there is more to a man than his money. Everything which I have mentioned about cooking and cleaning are in relation to the implied comments which YOU made. All I simply did was decipher it. You laid the foundation to this implication, not I.
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by iice(f): 4:38am On Feb 11, 2012
If you know you have problems with decision making, don't two time. Simple.
The species does not seem to be evolving at all angry
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by TroyJay(m): 6:10am On Feb 11, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

I'm replying based on how you worded your response so stop acting as though I just presented you with new information. With that being said, you said "Leave his house in a mess anytime he wants to invite each one over. A caring lady will notice the state of his house and do something about it.", "Always suggest eating out. . . " which lead to my comment about cooking and cleaning. You used those lines as though such tests are the only ways to determine if someone can or will make a good wife--these are YOUR words, not mine. Being at a crossroad is no reason to employ lame brain ideas. No woman's duty is too cook and clean. Just because YOU choose to assert these indoctrinated gender roles doesn't make it true. Like I said before, had the script been flipped and a woman came here talking about testing a man financially, you and your likes would be getting up in arms and proclaiming that there is more to a man than his money. Everything which I have mentioned about cooking and cleaning are in relation to the implied comments which YOU made. All I simply did was decipher it. You laid the foundation to this implication, not I.
Let's just say you are missing the point. This aint about gender compartmentalization! This is about using the minute details to differentiate btw 2 women he's finding hard to make a choice from!! wink
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by LaParisienne(f): 6:44am On Feb 11, 2012
TroyJay:

[b]May the best lady win! :[/b]D

Sexkillz with a new moniker? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by Chnges(m): 7:10am On Feb 11, 2012
It seems like ladies are against the trick, i'm against it as well.

@1st advicer, remember at first, he wasn't using those tricks and if he suddenly initiate them, the ladies will feel nothing but disappointed and you know what that means. What i'm saying is that it's too late to apply those trick, he could apply them at the begining of the relationship.

So, we need our ladies here to suggest a better way.
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by InkedNerd(f): 7:53am On Feb 11, 2012
TroyJay:

Let's just say you are missing the point. This aint about gender compartmentalization! This is about using the minute details to differentiate btw 2 women he's finding hard to make a choice from!! wink

No my lame brained friend, you're the one missing the point--not I. You and this dimwitted idea on how to "differentiate" between the two women is nothing more than an age old practice of using a gender based notion of measuring a woman's worth. Having gone used this foolish method does not in any way determine who is better or worse.

Ch@nges:

It seems like ladies are against the trick, i'm against it as well.

@1st advicer, remember at first, he wasn't using those tricks and if he suddenly initiate them, the ladies will feel nothing but disappointed and you know what that means. What i'm saying is that it's too late to apply those trick, he could apply them at the begining of the relationship.

So, we need our ladies here to suggest a better way.

Of course I'm against it! How would you as a man feel if you found out that a woman was testing or judging your based solely on your finances? Trickery is no way to build the foundation to ones future.
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by Chnges(m): 7:58am On Feb 11, 2012
^ true
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by drnoel: 11:24am On Feb 11, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

Biko, tell me how you came up with this lame brain method. A woman cleaning your house, following nonsense gossip, pretending to be broke, will not prove that a woman loves you. It's foolish trickery like that that can lead to mistrust and breakups. How about you go back to the drawing board and come up with a more intelligent manner to solve this guy's friend's dilemma.

as silly as u think what he said is, most guys would agree with him. If that mean that must guys are lame brain like u say then so be it. But we guys do eliminate girls in just about similar methods as he wrote down. Sorry ladies but that is just one of the ways u where chosen or kicked out by ur guy.
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by InkedNerd(f): 11:33am On Feb 11, 2012
drnoel:

as silly as u think what he said is, most guys would agree with him. If that mean that must guys are lame brain like u say then so be it. But we guys do eliminate girls in just about similar methods as he wrote down. Sorry ladies but that is just one of the ways u where chosen or kicked out by ur guy.

I didn't say that it makes most guys are lame brain--I said that the idea/method is a lame brain one. No problem though, I stay away from African men like that anyway. It's quite sad that that is how some of you value your women. I used to feel sorry for men who'd end up with women who sized them up by using them as ATM's but with such ideas, I can't say that I feel bad for then anymore nor do I think some guys should ever be complaining when such women take them for a ride.
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by drnoel: 11:41am On Feb 11, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

I didn't say that it makes most guys are lame brain--I said that the idea/method is a lame brain one. No problem though, I stay away from African men like that anyway. It's quite sad that that is how some of you value your women. I used to feel sorry for men who'd end up with women who sized them up by using them as ATM's but with such ideas, I can't say that I feel bad for then anymore nor do I think some guys should ever be complaining when such women take them for a ride.

Well I wont disagree with u but u should understand that what he gave was just an example. The methods and principle of elimination or choosing are just the same, but the actual method a guy would use to eliminate or choose a partner is what may differ. Girls taking guys 4 a ride is another issue (a lot of factors influence that), but that will be digressing from the topic of discussion.
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by InkedNerd(f): 11:49am On Feb 11, 2012
drnoel:

Well I wont disagree with u but u should understand that what he gave was just an example. The methods and principle of elimination or choosing are just the same, but the actual method a guy would use to eliminate or choose a partner is what may differ. Girls taking guys 4 a ride is another issue (a lot of factors influence that), but that will be digressing from the topic of discussion.

How is that any different? Some men see woman as an asset who can cook and clean and while some women see men as ATM machines who are only good for dispensing money to them undecided
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by Mynd44: 11:53am On Feb 11, 2012
The guy should visit the neighbourhood Babalawo for advice
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 11, 2012
The guy should keep them both or follow his heart
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by combatmedic: 3:03pm On Feb 11, 2012
TroyJay:

@OP: Just ignore this drivel. It will be by far better for your friend to go back in time and take advice from cave men, than it will be if he does what this poster says.
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by doeeyed: 3:53pm On Feb 11, 2012
OP needs to pray.
Decide using a checklist who fits his criteria best, particularly on the long-term.
This would exclude superficial, superfluous issues like physical attributes.

Except u r as ugly as sin and need good genes running thru ur line.  cheesy  cheesy

Pray to see their characters, not the charade paraded for your viewing pleasure.

See if ur family members, spiritual mentors n close friends like them and vice versa.

Praaaay,   cheesy  cheesy cheesy

Jump n choose

Good luck.

Ps: never did any good 2timing: unnecessary diversion of investment.
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 11, 2012
@OP
that friend of yours is NOT ready for marriage, so instead of forcing himself into bondage (which would surely end up in misery and unfaithfulness) why doesnt he face the facts and be real to HIMSELF and his family?
peer pressure from family/society should NEVER be a reason to decide to get married, N E V E R!

as for bro Killz Troyjay's advice, i would have to say that:"as much as that technique may be right for some, i would say that:

TroyJay:

~Leave his house in a mess anytime he wants to invite each one over. A caring lady will notice the state of his house and do something about it. a HONEST/STRONG MINDED woman would tell you that your house is a mess and that the least you could do is clean it up before she comes around.

~Always suggest eating out. A caring lady will care less about eating out, and would be more concerned about his thriftiness.a SMART lady will say OK and take you to inexpensive places to eat.

~Make up spurious gossips against his very close friends or family members. A st[i]u[/i]pid lady will take his side, instead of trying to calm him down. a WISE lady Knows that in such BS matter, the easiest thing to say is:" babe, whatever you decide, i'll be by your side".

~Pretend he is broke. If he has a car, let him park it somewhere and lie that it's been sold. i doubt this will make any difference to her, if she has her own ride.

~Arrange for friends to always harass him over a spurious debt. how is that suddenly any of your GF's problem?!

These are things some of my married friends did before they finally chose a wife, and it worked for them.

it worked for them, because this is ONLY what matters to them.

If she's not concerned about your personal affairs when you are contemplating marriage, she probably will not when you finally marry her.

people show concern in different ways, some voice it, while other simply stay quiet in the background and CAREFULLY STUDY how you will solve them out. no one wants to end up with a good for nothing partner who couldnt even solve his life out when he was single. lol!

When it comes to the issue of choosing a wife, all hands must be on deck else you make a mistake of a lifetime. There are a lot of "ladies" but "wives" are a microscopical few.

yet, instead of judging the lady on ALL FRONT, they only choose the cheap issues you posted, while leaving important one out such as finding if she LOVES YOU or if she is HONEST, INTELLIGENT, MATURE, THE RIGHT COMPANION, DRIVEN, HARDWORKING, FERTILE or "PURE" (for some thats the number one priority), etc
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by TroyJay(m): 6:02pm On Feb 11, 2012
SMH! OP, it's either you choose a practical advice, or you listen to feminists and analysts on this thread. . . All they did was to castigate the post i made but NONE of them gave you the way forward! wink
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by doeeyed: 6:04pm On Feb 11, 2012
@ MrbrownJay

Meaning of 'pure' pls??
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 11, 2012
^^^ PURE=VIRGIN

TroyJay:

SMH! OP, it's either you choose a practical advice, or you listen to feminists and analysts on this thread. . . All they did was to castigate the post i made but NONE of them gave you the way forward! wink

since you have missed my earlier post, i will post it again, JUST FOR YOU:

MRbrownJAY:

@OP
that friend of yours is NOT ready for marriage, so instead of forcing himself into bondage (which would surely end up in misery and unfaithfulness) why doesnt he face the facts and be real to HIMSELF and his family?
peer pressure from family/society should NEVER be a reason to decide to get married, N E V E R!
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by TroyJay(m): 7:30pm On Feb 11, 2012
^^^
I dont know how you think everyone out there is dumb and dont know what they want. A guy is ready for marriage, and he has two ladies that suits his requirements. He doesnt know how to drop one for the other ( Read Original post again) How does he make a choice?

And your answer to a crucial question is "He is not ready for Marriage?" Wonderful!
What i gave him is what i have experienced guys over here doing. Guys who are living happily in marriage. And you took your time to analyze every sentence i made, but all you said was "He is not ready for marriage?" I gave an advice, you made an assumption! What the OP needs is advice, not assumptions!
Re: On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 11, 2012
@poster, I totally agree that noboby should marry because of pressure put on them! And in regards to choosing, that just baffles me A person will know with all their heart who and when theyre ready to marry.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Go By These Rules In Dating? / Nigeria Has Shortage Of Real Men / Dating An Insecure Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.