Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,616 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Euro 2012 All-Action Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Euro 2012 All-Action Thread (18767 Views)

Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Spain (2 - 4) On Penalties On 27th June 2012 / Euro 2012: Denmark Vs Portugal (2 - 3) Group B Match: On 13th June 2012 / Euro 2012: Czech Republic Vs Poland (1 - 0) On 16th June 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 4:03am On Jun 11, 2012
I think Italy will have a good tournament, surprising everybody.
I'm still stunned about the Oranje. Going out is now a strong possibility for them.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by RuuDie(m): 5:00am On Jun 11, 2012
Truely, Spain got out of jail on this one. . .I knew this Italians could spring a surprise but I never though they could play this good. The passing was just impressive, even when Spain tried to press 'em high up they didn't budge!
Pirlo was imperious, De Rossi absolutely bossed his defence-line like a seasoned vet, Marqissio impressed immensely from midfield too. Di Natalie, Cassano, Geovinco and Super-mario all had decent games and really worked hard. . .I am going to be keeping an eye out for this Azzurri side, they have the potential to do wonders - little wonder Prandelli had said with so much confidence that he could sleep very peacefully because they've prepared well; and it seems they really have!
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by ritchboy(m): 6:22am On Jun 11, 2012
alonso and busquets must start...this is tournament football.
spain would use the double pivot....holland had de jong and van bommel....
germany had schweini and khedira even though they coulda played any of
kroos and goetze instead of khedira. in tournament football, 2 holders must sit!
spain would certainly play alonso and busquets

Mr Mumu, if you consider Swiny part of the "pivot" then you must be completely mad to suggest Xavi can't do the same.

as predicted, busi, alonso, xavi, iniesta all started.

Hehehe "as predicted", even the lice in your nether region knew they would start so what exactly did you "predict"? cheesy

Your "prediction" was Cesc would only start the final group game, one of his aforementioned clones must have scored then!

I'm sure i also told you few years ago the perks of playing for Barca/Real.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 8:12am On Jun 11, 2012
Alvaro Arbeloa was just missing at right-back. Maybe Del Bosque should consider pairing Albiol with Pique, or starting Juanfran Torres at rightback.
I mean, an old and weak-hearted Cassano was all over that left wing, and ArbeloA was nowhere in sight.

In fact, if Italy had started with a smarter forward than Balotelli, they should have wrapped up that game. But their shape throughout surprised me. They left Spain with no space in the middle.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 11, 2012
Really impressed by Italy.

Balotelli should be watched, that guy is a disaster waiting to happen.
Cassano was really impressive yesterday even after that heart problem wahala.

I tip Spain to go through. I see Croatia as a threat to the Italians qualifying.
That team shouldn't be underrated.

AZZURIS ALL THE WAY. cool
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by coogar: 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2012
ritchboy:

Mr Mumu, if you consider Swiny part of the "pivot" then you must be completely mad to suggest Xavi can't do the same.

schweini is a pivot pairing with khedira to form a double pivot.
they link the defence with the 4 forward players. xavi cannot play in there!
you were the one saying one of busquets or alonso should be dropped...i told
you they won't be dropped.

Hehehe "as predicted", even the lice in your nether region knew they would start so what exactly did you "predict"? cheesy

nah...the lice in your nether region was too stubborn to admit this is tournament football
and not a friendly match against vanuatu. spain play 4-2-3-1 in tournaments. defensive
stability is a priority.

Your "prediction" was Cesc would only start the final group game, one of his aforementioned clones must have scored then!

cos i never knew cesc would start ahead of his strikers....but i said
cesc can't be trusted to play in the midfield ahead of the quartet of xavi, iniesta, busi
and alonso. i said cesc can only play a forward role where his funky passes wouldn't hurt
his team as much.

I'm sure i also told you few years ago the perks of playing for Barca/Real.

which yeye perks.....what has this gotta do with our argument that cesc can't be trusted
in the midfield? del bosque played him as a striker for a reason and if he could trust cesc,
he coulda moved him back to the midfield and sub one of alonso/busi for a striker....but it
was cesc that got subbed.

your idiotic assumption that cesc is also better than iniesta was finally put to bed last night.
iniesta murdered cesc with his almost messi-like performance. dribbling players at will,
providing the passes, linking the play, etc. ritchboy, it's time you start paying attention
to football in the advanced level and stop your douchebaggery watery analysis.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2012
Next up: England vs France.

Why am I getting this feeling that tomorrow's headline will read 'French Fried' or something along those lines? undecided
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by ritchboy(m): 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2012
coogar:

schweini is a pivot pairing with khedira to form a double pivot.
they link the defence with the 4 forward players. xavi cannot play in there!
you were the one saying one of busquets or alonso should be dropped...i told
you they won't be dropped.

nah...the lice in your nether region was too stubborn to admit this is tournament football
and not a friendly match against vanuatu. spain play 4-2-3-1 in tournaments. defensive
stability is a priority.

cos i never knew cesc would start ahead of his strikers....but i said
cesc can't be trusted to play in the midfield ahead of the quartet of xavi, iniesta, busi
and alonso. i said cesc can only play a forward role where his funky passes wouldn't hurt
his team as much.

which yeye perks.....what has this gotta do with our argument that cesc can't be trusted
in the midfield? del bosque played him as a striker for a reason and if he could trust cesc,
he coulda moved him back to the midfield and sub one of alonso/busi for a striker....but it
was cesc that got subbed.

your idiotic assumption that cesc is also better than iniesta was finally put to bed last night.
iniesta murdered cesc with his almost messi-like performance. dribbling players at will,
providing the passes, linking the play, etc. ritchboy, it's time you start paying attention
to football in the advanced level and stop your douchebaggery watery analysis.

I don't have time to be yarning long thing with you, but to sum up, you think:

A. Xavi cannot play alongside a primary DM(something he's already done a billion times including Euro 2008), but Schweinsteiger can.

B. Fabregas cannot retain possession.

C. To win a tournament, you MUST play with two "pivots".

Coogar, you are a disgrace! grin grin
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
AjanleKoko: Next up: England vs France.

Why am I getting this feeling that tomorrow's headline will read 'French Fried' or something along those lines? undecided

LOL. . .i seriously doubt that.
Not with the mediocre players England has.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Emperoh(m): 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2012

With no flair and an average team i can't see England nicking this one
but this is footie. But my expectations are a draw at best.

The real deal for me really will be England and Sweden and then France Sweden as well
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 11, 2012

On second thoughts, England might nick it. grin

A "psychic" raccoon at a British zoo has predicted that England will beat France in their opening match Monday, his keepers said.

Rocky the raccoon is the latest in a string of animals hailed for their so-called clairvoyant powers.

The animal, kept at Bristol Zoo Gardens, southwest England, follows in the footsteps of Paul the "psychic" octopus, who shot to stardom during the 2010 World Cup.

When offered two pots with equal amounts of food marked with the shirts of the opposing teams, Rocky the raccoon was quick to plump for England.

"This is the first time Rocky has demonstrated psychic abilities and he's chosen the underdogs to win," said his keeper Mat Richards.

"So we are all keeping our fingers crossed that he is right and we have a win from England."
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by coogar: 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2012
ritchboy:
I don't have time to be yarning long thing with you, but to sum up, you think:

because you have nothing to say....

Xavi cannot play alongside a primary DM(something he's already done a billion times including Euro 2008), but Schweinsteiger can.

things have changed since then....firstly, it was under a different manager(aragones)
since 2010, the whole continent has moved to playing 4-2-3-1 from their traditional
formation.....then there's now the emergence of busquets and xabi alonso has redefined
himself. so of what essence would it be to sacrifice xavi as a pivot when cesc cannot
even retain possession as much as xavi? you are very daft!

B. Fabregas cannot retain possession.

i know you would put a spin in this.
all i said was cesc is more likely to give the ball away trying
hollywood passes than xavi, iniesta and busquets. the stats
proved so, why are you still moaning like a bitch?
your rebuttal to that was comparing joe allen to maradona. grin

C. To win a tournament, you MUST play with two "pivots".
Coogar, you are a disgrace! grin grin

yes, you must play with 2 pivots.

in the last world cup....

spain - alonso + busquets
holland - de jong + van bommel
germany - schweini + khedira

football managers have now learnt to be more cautious
and reactive than going gung-ho and getting thrashed.

ritchboy, you are a disgrace to football punditry!
rest one of busquets or alonso? in 2012? your brains should
be quarantined. grin
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 5:32pm On Jun 11, 2012
Hope y'all are seeing this England game.
Told ya. Ze French are getting fried grin
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chic2pimp(m): 5:40pm On Jun 11, 2012
Not anymore son...... grin
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 5:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
chic2pimp: Not anymore son...... grin

Apparently so oh embarassed
Still time. The French are trying - and failing- to play like Barcelona.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chic2pimp(m): 7:03pm On Jun 11, 2012
England Are Crap
England are Useless
England can't Defend
England can't score goals
England would get absolutely mauled by the French

...............So much for all those inane comments.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by dayokanu(m): 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2012
Among the pre tournament favourite only the Germans won their first game
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chic2pimp(m): 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
And how does that affect the price of fish in the market?

Didn't y'all think England would get well beaten by the french?....England were apparently "No Hopers" but still got a result against the much fancied French.

I've said it all along If England maintain their shape and discipline, they'll be hard to beat and will go a long way in this tournament.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by ritchboy(m): 9:42pm On Jun 11, 2012
coogar:

because you have nothing to say....

things have changed since then....firstly, it was under a different manager(aragones)
since 2010, the whole continent has moved to playing 4-2-3-1 from their traditional
formation.....then there's now the emergence of busquets and xabi alonso has redefined
himself. so of what essence would it be to sacrifice xavi as a pivot when cesc cannot
even retain possession as much as xavi? you are very daft!

i know you would put a spin in this.
all i said was cesc is more likely to give the ball away trying
hollywood passes than xavi, iniesta and busquets. the stats
proved so, why are you still moaning like a bitch?
your rebuttal to that was comparing joe allen to maradona. grin

yes, you must play with 2 pivots.

in the last world cup....

spain - alonso + busquets
holland - de jong + van bommel
germany - schweini + khedira

football managers have now learnt to be more cautious
and reactive than going gung-ho and getting thrashed.

ritchboy, you are a disgrace to football punditry!
rest one of busquets or alonso? in 2012? your brains should
be quarantined. grin

You still dey yarn? cheesy

Anyway before I sign out it's imperative I don't leave you believing this myth Cesc cannot retain possession as well as Keita and co by letting you know Cesc doesn't play furthest forward because he has the lowest pass completion percentage, he has the lowest pass completion percentage because he plays furthest forward.

Anyone with half-a-brain knows it's easier to keep the ball closer to your goal where (A) The opposition are happier to let you have it and there is less pressure, and (B) You're attempting far less risky passes(i.e through balls). That's why DMs/DLMs(incl. Denilson, Mikel, Keita etc) always have some of the highest pass completion rates.

Go and check Cesc's ratio when he played deeper and make sure you keep tissue on stand by! grin grin

P.S. According to your logic Joe Allen is the sixth best "shape keeper" in Europe, no? cheesy
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chic2pimp(m): 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2012
What else can I say about Shevchenko that has not already been said......................SHEVA you beauty!!!
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by medjai(m): 9:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
This night belongs to Sheva
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by dayokanu(m): 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
chic2pimp: And how does that affect the price of fish in the market?

Didn't y'all think England would get well beaten by the french?....England were apparently "No Hopers" but still got a result against the much fancied French.

I've said it all along If England maintain their shape and discipline, they'll be hard to beat and will go a long way in this tournament.

So England drawing the French is some form of trophy? Let them qualify from the group first and get past the Spainards or Italian before we can have a conversation
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chic2pimp(m): 11:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
dayokanu:

So England drawing the French is some form of trophy? Let them qualify from the group first and get past the Spainards or Italian before we can have a conversation

Where did I say England would definitely win it?

I said they would go a long way if they can maintain their current solidity and discipline.

And yes they do stand a chance of winning it. So far so good from what I have seen,England have nothing to fear
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by coogar: 12:11am On Jun 12, 2012
ritchboy:
You still dey yarn? cheesy
Anyway before I sign out it's imperative I don't leave you believing this myth Cesc cannot retain possession as well as Keita and co by letting you know Cesc doesn't play furthest forward because he has the lowest pass completion percentage, he has the lowest pass completion percentage because he plays furthest forward.

you are a glorified simpleton!
what has cesc's playing furthest forward gotta do with this?
welbeck was a forward tonight and he posted 92% pass completion....

cesc is a liability...telling us he plays furthest forward in a team
that has messi and alexi sanchez makes you a world class Arrow. one thing
is clear, cesc is inferior to the other barcelona midfielders.

Anyone with half-a-brain knows it's easier to keep the ball closer to your goal where (A) The opposition are happier to let you have it and there is less pressure, and (B) You're attempting far less risky passes(i.e through balls). That's why DMs/DLMs(incl. Denilson, Mikel, Keita etc) always have some of the highest pass completion rates.

so cesc plays further than pedro and cuenca?
cheiii, this boy is daft! ritchboy would tell me now
that pedro, cuenca and thiago are all defensive midfielders.

Go and check Cesc's ratio when he played deeper and make sure you keep tissue on stand by! grin grin

his ratio is horrible wherever he has played.....cesc is always attempting risky passes.
one of those led to arsenal being gang-raped @ nou camp...there have been others too.

P.S. According to your logic Joe Allen is the sixth best "shape keeper" in Europe, no? cheesy

what has this gotta do with the argument? your theory that xavi should be benched for cesc
makes you a bumbling oaf. that busquets should start from the bench for cesc makes you an
inscrutable leprechaun. when the masters of the midfield(xavi-busquets-iniesta) are talking,
cesc should cover his face with your sullied drawers.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by ritchboy(m): 12:39am On Jun 12, 2012
coogar:

you are a glorified simpleton!
what has cesc's playing furthest forward gotta do with this?
welbeck was a forward tonight and he posted 92% pass completion....

Ode, how is Welbeck posting 92% in a one-off game relevant? Does he post 92% every season?

cesc is a liability...telling us he plays furthest forward in a team
that has messi and alexi sanchez makes you a world class Arrow.

When did I say this? Were Sanchez and Messi included in the stats you provided? Is it my fault you cannot read? cheesy

his ratio is horrible wherever he has played.....cesc is always attempting risky passes.

Proof?

what has this gotta do with the argument? your theory that xavi should be benched for cesc
makes you a bumbling oaf.

When was this posited? Was Xavi not in the Spanish team i posted earlier?

Abeg, don't suck me into your imbecilic arguments again. . . I can do a lot of things but i cannot cure stupidity! grin grin grin
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by coogar: 1:05am On Jun 12, 2012
ritchboy:
Ode, how is Welbeck posting 92% in a one-off game relevant? Does he post 92% every season?

fabregas posted less in a one-off game yesterday in the same position. grin
your idiotic theory about being further forward falls flat in the face.

When did I say this? Were Sanchez and Messi included in the stats you provided? Is it my fault you cannot read? cheesy

this boy is daft.
you said fabregas plays further forward for barcelona which is the reason his stats
don't measure up with busi,xavi and iniesta. i then said fabregas does not play
further than iniesta,thiago, pedro and cuenca. how come these guys still manage
to complete more passes than fabregas in a season? grin cheesy grin

Proof?

the burden of proof is so heavy for you, you might
cop a stiff-neck after this debate.

When was this posited? Was Xavi not in the Spanish team i posted earlier?

he was, but you wanted him to play deep....whereas, stats show the highest
number of passes to a team-mate in the match was xavi passing to fabregas
18 times. that's why only a retarded numbskull like yourself would want
xavi anchoring the spanish team. he's too good offensively to be playing
dice with casillas and pique. grin

Abeg, don't suck me into your imbecilic arguments again. . . I can do a lot of things but i cannot cure stupidity! grin grin grin

see this mumu...you have been marked an imbecile since your rebirth as "bitchboy"
there's no solution to your ailment yet. hopefully, synagogue church might get lucky and sort you
out before you infect the populace with your stupidity.

humour me, where do you want cesc to play in spain's next game? as a sweeper? grin cheesy
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 9:05am On Jun 12, 2012
chic2pimp:

Nah. Quarters is what I give them. I was backing them to shock the French, but I think they will implode in good time.
Some teams, like France and Spain, they might just get past. But if they come up against Germany or even Russia, they will be well handled.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Nah. Quarters is what I give them. I was backing them to shock the French, but I think they will implode in good time.
Some teams, like France and Spain, they might just get past. But if they come up against Germany or even Russia, they will be well handled.
For some reasons this England side appears solid without the much-fancied players.
Just an observation although it was something of a change seeing England being tactically astute.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by coogar: 4:01pm On Jun 13, 2012
StarBoard:
For some reasons this England side appears solid without the much-fancied players.
Just an observation although it was something of a change seeing England being tactically astute.

england were lucky france were also shyte!
a competent team would have ripped that team apart.
let ozil catch the bumbling scott parker or let podolski
square up with glen johnson....

that england team lacked creativity...parker/gerrard
were dire. they only defended well, offensively,
they were very hopeless. welbeck and young were fed
with scraps.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chic2pimp(m): 5:12pm On Jun 13, 2012
StarBoard:

Exactly!!!
You are Honest enough to admit the truth about this current England side eventhough you are harsh critic of the English National Team generally.

coogar:

england were lucky france were also shyte!
a competent team would have ripped that team apart.
let ozil catch the bumbling scott parker or let podolski
square up with glen johnson....
England Lucky?...I think you must have watched a different game because I can hardly remember the French creating any meaningful oppertunity.
The French was not shyte. England simply denied them the time and space needed to shine.
Abeg which Poldoski?....If Ribery can be effeciently dealt with I doubt Poldoski would give the likes of Glen any sleepless nights.

coogar:
that england team lacked creativity...parker/gerrard
were dire. they only defended well, offensively,
they were very hopeless. welbeck and young were fed
with scraps.
They did need to be creative vs France. They were there to do a job and they did it well.
The Likes of Young,Oxlade Chamberlain and Rooney(when he gets back) would provide it for England over the duration of the Tournament.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chic2pimp(m): 5:12pm On Jun 13, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain / Manchester City Vs Atletico Madrid (1 - 0) On 5th April 2022 / Standard Liege Vs Arsenal : Europa League (2 - 2) On 12th December 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.