Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,659 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Euro 2012 All-Action Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Euro 2012 All-Action Thread (18746 Views)

Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Spain (2 - 4) On Penalties On 27th June 2012 / Euro 2012: Denmark Vs Portugal (2 - 3) Group B Match: On 13th June 2012 / Euro 2012: Czech Republic Vs Poland (1 - 0) On 16th June 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Odunharry(m): 3:33pm On May 16, 2012
Azzurri noni....
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by djcmeon39(m): 3:42pm On May 16, 2012
Pls,Where can we watch these competition on free to air?
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by yusufbaba(m): 3:48pm On May 16, 2012
I believe in d italian national team...in most tournamts we came as undrdogs, but dont ever undrate d azzuris, we ar d best footballn team in europe 4 donkey years....we always have 1 or 2 suprises undr our kitty
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 3:51pm On May 16, 2012
yusuf baba: I believe in d italian national team...in most tournamts we came as undrdogs, but dont ever undrate d azzuris, we ar d best footballn team in europe 4 donkey years....we always have 1 or 2 suprises undr our kitty

Erm . . . this one is not club footie o. What's with the 'we' stuff? Or you be Italian?
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by mbulela: 3:52pm On May 16, 2012
AjanleKoko: "Hodgson is impressed by how Oxlade-Chamberlain played against 'Pirlo and Ambrosini' of Milan, at the Emirates."

Chai. See GBAGAUN grin tongue embarassed grin cheesy
He was probably misquoted. Guess something was lost in translation grin
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 3:57pm On May 16, 2012
^^
It's on ESPN Soccernet.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by mbaemeka(m): 3:59pm On May 16, 2012
MY take

- Spain- only a fool would write off such a team full of world class players capable of rescuing many teams in dire need. Arteta's great form in arsenal couldnt gurantee him a place in the team. Torress too is unsure. The tiki-taka going to be employed hasnt really been deciphered and no single game is over two legs so any team playing them is going to have to score first should they decide to park any vehicle. The spain switzerland game of 2010 keeps coming to mind. But theyre serious contenders for the honours.

-Germany- after having watched them decimate teams during the qualifiers and trounce the much celebrated holland they would have to be my close second. Not much to say- Ozil creating, Schweinsteigger behind him, Lahm right, Gomes forward (who can forget Goetze) kiss kiss etc. In every angle and every department they have a significant representative and with Jachim loew at the helms only a few things could go wrong. I envisage them getting to the final.

-Netherlands- with RVP and Klas han coming from such a succesful season (as individuals) i can already imagine the confidence they would be brimming with. They have world class creative players around them but i still sense the air of perenial under achievers lurk around them and ofcourse( how selfish Robben would be) a strong determinant as to how far they would go. They would obviously crush the likes of Italy, France and that erratic Portugal. The only challenge they would have would be the two teams above them.

ANY OTHER TEAN TO ME IS SHYT- THE HOSTS cry Sweden- no chance Denmark, france, italy etc. Some how Portugal may have an outside chance but i still beg to differ.

I carefully ignored England as i dont expect tradition to change. If they get to play Germany, they would lose- either during the game (were they may stand a chance) or during a penalty shoot out were in that case they would definately lose! Beating Spain and Netherlands would be as difficult.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by mbulela: 4:05pm On May 16, 2012
AjanleKoko: ^^
It's on ESPN Soccernet.
Soccernet no be bible now wink.
Anyway, i heard it earlier.i think the man has lost his marbles.
Pirlo has been in Turin for the last 1 yr and i think Ambrosini was suspended on that night.
For Ox to have played against Pirlo,he must have covered a lot of distance that night.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by dayokanu(m): 5:57pm On May 16, 2012
@toba,

You see what I posted on the Bayern thread? Even Jogi Loew now agrees with me.
Do you now see that I am a master tactician

Low: Reus can play as Germany's central striker
The trainer has asserted that the attacker is capable of playing as a lone No.9, and opined that while his team's playing style resembles Dortmund's, he has developed his own plans

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2012/05/16/3106813/low-reus-can-play-as-germanys-central-striker#
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by dadicvila(m): 7:15pm On May 16, 2012
A-40:
They are relying on guys like Balotelli and Cassano. Not a good look
and whats wrong with relying on those two guys??
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by donkarly(m): 7:20pm On May 16, 2012
when is the competition starting?
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by dadicvila(m): 8:08pm On May 16, 2012
Forza Azzuri!!!,if anybody thinks we are push overs he better have a rethink....we will come silently just like in 2006 and win silently,i trust my boiz
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by richjohn1(m): 9:11pm On May 16, 2012
Put Germany in the group of death or group of the dead they'd come out of the group, just scared of our recent time semi-final jinx! Podolski for life GERMANY for life!
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 8:43am On May 17, 2012
dadicvila: and whats wrong with relying on those two guys??

Cassano is off the pace, and Balotelli . . . well, no need to dissect that further.
I don't see Italy doing much in the competition, to be honest. They'll be sent out at some point, in the knockout round, if they are unfortunate to meet Die Mannschaft or the Oranje. Or maybe even Ukraine.

I think they'll survive against Spain though. Italy knows how to play Spain.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by abdulsadiq25yahoocom(m): 10:50am On May 17, 2012
Wait do i need to tell u anytin abt la furia Roja (spain) ....
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chic2pimp(m): 8:55pm On May 18, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Cassano is off the pace, and Balotelli . . . well, no need to dissect that further.
I don't see Italy doing much in the competition, to be honest. They'll be sent out at some point, in the knockout round, if they are unfortunate to meet Die Mannschaft or the Oranje. Or maybe even Ukraine.

I think they'll survive against Spain though. Italy knows how to play Spain.

Well having the watched performance of Cassano since his comeback I can confidently state he would ready cum Euro 2012.
Balotelli if handled properly could be one of the stars of this championship.

It's good Italy are seen as the Underdogs because that's when they usually perform best. Not much hype just straight to business.
I've watched Holland several times and they still haven't been that impressed. A see a no of teams giving them a good run for their money.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by ayusco: 9:02am On May 19, 2012
My sentimental favourites r the oranje boys but just have this feeling the azzuri might pull it off germans look formidable as for the spainards though strong look jaded.
Outside bet france maybeish portugal everyone else no chance in ice block hell! As for the english oma se ooo! Tins r so bad that their is no crap worth being hyped by the english press.a squad that contains 5 potential players from a wankk team like liverpool this season plus john terry says it all
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by medjai(m): 10:09pm On May 22, 2012
David Villa ruled out. Big blow for Spain.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by dayokanu(m): 10:35pm On May 22, 2012
Villa and Puyol out
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by dayokanu(m): 10:36pm On May 22, 2012
In a friendly to resolve the Arjen Robben fight between Holland National team and bayern Munich

Bayern won 3-2
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chic2pimp(m): 10:37pm On May 22, 2012
Oh Man Very Unfortunate. Massive blow indeed.
Spain Might have other options but none as good as Villa IMO.
Great Individual striker(has been in Top 2-3 strikers in europe for a while now) in his own right whilst also complementing the side perfectly
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 11:25pm On May 22, 2012
chic2pimp: Oh Man Very Unfortunate. Massive blow indeed.
Spain Might have other options but none as good as Villa IMO.
Great Individual striker(has been in Top 2-3 strikers in europe for a while now) in his own right whilst also complementing the side perfectly

Without Villa, Spain may not make much of an impact. He's the first out-and-out striker, with aggression and pace, that Spain have produced in years.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chic2pimp(m): 12:34am On May 23, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Without Villa, Spain may not make much of an impact. He's the first out-and-out striker, with aggression and pace, that Spain have produced in years.
I doubt that. Spain are a still a great team with or without Villa but I do see where u are coming from.
He brings something different that no other Spanish Striker brings to the table. He is complete. None of the others can say that(Bar Torres in the Pomp).
Having said that, Llorente would do a good job if given a nod to start. His Height most especially would be a massive plus.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Nobody: 8:08am On May 23, 2012
Many reports from the Germany camp claim Gündogan has won Löw's favour. Lars Bender (Jogi thinks he can play RB too) also. Who will be cut?

Lahm is confirmed Left back. Howedes might pair Hummels and Boateng and badstuber benched
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by medjai(m): 12:35pm On May 23, 2012
chic2pimp:
I doubt that. Spain are a still a great team with or without Villa but I do see where u are coming from.
He brings something different that no other Spanish Striker brings to the table. He is complete. None of the others can say that(Bar Torres in the Pomp).
Having said that, Llorente would do a good job if given a nod to start. His Height most especially would be a massive plus.
I don't trust Llorente. He does not really fit Spain's style of play, albeit generally being a good striker. Villa's biggest asset for Spain was his flexibility. He could drift from central positions to the wings, drop deep, pass and participate in the build up play. Llorente is more of a target man who needs to get the ball delivered at his feet. Villa is creator-executor. Llorente is executor. Did you the first half of the friendly against Venezuela? With Llorente upfront the only plan was to feed him with long balls and hope for a header. That's okay as a plan B at some point but not as the plan A. It's similar to the Klose vs. Gomez situation. Klose still being prefered over Gomez, despite Gomez having the third highest goal ratio in Europe for 2 seasons now, after only Messi and Ronaldo. Klose is just the better overall player who links up better with his teammates. Gomez is a poacher who doesn't have more to his game.

Same goes for Soldado. He poached 3 goals from like 2 yards when Spain was basically passing it inside Venezuela's box most of the time. Won't happen against any half decent-team like Italy, Germany, Netherlands, France, Portugal etc. in the Euros.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 12:58pm On May 23, 2012
^^
Thank you bro.
Villa practically won the world cup for Spain. His attacking instinct is unlike any Spaniard's. His goals against Chile, Portugal, Paraguay, all made the difference in those games. I don't see Llorente or Soldado filling in the gap at all.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chic2pimp(m): 4:09pm On May 23, 2012
medjai: I don't trust Llorente. He does not really fit Spain's style of play, albeit generally being a good striker. Villa's biggest asset for Spain was his flexibility. He could drift from central positions to the wings, drop deep, pass and participate in the build up play. Llorente is more of a target man who needs to get the ball delivered at his feet. Villa is creator-executor. Llorente is executor. Did you the first half of the friendly against Venezuela? With Llorente upfront the only plan was to feed him with long balls and hope for a header. That's okay as a plan B at some point but not as the plan A. It's similar to the Klose vs. Gomez situation. Klose still being prefered over Gomez, despite Gomez having the third highest goal ratio in Europe for 2 seasons now, after only Messi and Ronaldo. Klose is just the better overall player who links up better with his teammates. Gomez is a poacher who doesn't have more to his game.

Same goes for Soldado. He poached 3 goals from like 2 yards when Spain was basically passing it inside Venezuela's box most of the time. Won't happen against any half decent-team like Italy, Germany, Netherlands, France, Portugal etc. in the Euros.

To be honest I don't think any other spanish striker fits perfectly into spain's Tiki Taka style of play. Possibly a case could be made for Torres in his pomp but he still wasn't as complete as Villa who I consider Spain's greatest ever striker was.
Frankly Del Bosque does not have that many options to choose from so he has to make do with what he's got. Ofcourse unless Torres suddenly hits top form.

Now whilst loosing Villa would undoubedtly be a massive blow, I think it is a bit hasty to say that without him they won't make much of an impact. If they Fail It would be because the other players underperformed not cuz of Villa. Tbh I don't see how any half decent would not score goals in this spanish set up however the problem as your highlighted might arise in those tightly contested battle when ingenuity is needed.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chic2pimp(m): 4:09pm On May 23, 2012
medjai: I don't trust Llorente. He does not really fit Spain's style of play, albeit generally being a good striker. Villa's biggest asset for Spain was his flexibility. He could drift from central positions to the wings, drop deep, pass and participate in the build up play. Llorente is more of a target man who needs to get the ball delivered at his feet. Villa is creator-executor. Llorente is executor. Did you the first half of the friendly against Venezuela? With Llorente upfront the only plan was to feed him with long balls and hope for a header. That's okay as a plan B at some point but not as the plan A. It's similar to the Klose vs. Gomez situation. Klose still being prefered over Gomez, despite Gomez having the third highest goal ratio in Europe for 2 seasons now, after only Messi and Ronaldo. Klose is just the better overall player who links up better with his teammates. Gomez is a poacher who doesn't have more to his game.

To be honest I don't think any other spanish striker fits perfectly into spain's Tiki Taka style of play. Possibly a case could be made for Torres in his pomp but he still wasn't as complete as Villa who I consider Spain's greatest ever striker was.

Also Frankly Del Bosque does not have that many options to choose from so he has to make do with what he's got. Ofcourse unless Torres suddenly hits top form.

Now whilst loosing Villa would undoubedtly be a massive blow, I think it is a bit hasty to say that without him they won't make much of an impact. If they Fail It would be because the other players underperformed not cuz of Villa. Tbh I don't see how any half decent striker would not score goals in this spanish set up however the problem as your highlighted might arise in those tightly contested battles when ingenuity is needed.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 23, 2012

WOW, u are one of us the brilliant fans that knows how to assess quality and quantity. We have passive and active strikers in Europe
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by A40(m): 8:50pm On May 23, 2012
dadicvila: and whats wrong with relying on those two guys??
Lol what a question!!

I am a bit worried about the Mannschaft i hope this would not be another yet so close but yet so far moment! Especially with this recent UCL loss

Anyway we know who should be leading the line and that wont be Mario Goal-miss
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by medjai(m): 1:12pm On May 27, 2012
Spain NT's final Euro list:

Goal Keepers: Casillas (Real Madrid), Valdés (Barcelona), Reina (Liverpool).

Defense: Juanfran (Atlético), Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Piqué (Barcelona), Javi Martínez (Athletic), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Jordi Alba (Valencia), Albiol (Real Madrid).

Midfield: Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Cesc (Barcelona), Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Xavi (Barcelona), Iniesta (Barcelona), Cazorla (Villarreal).

Forwards: Pedro (Barcelona), Mata (Chelsea), Jesús Navas (Sevilla), Silva (Manchester City), Llorente (Athletic), Torres (Chelsea), Negredo (Sevilla).
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 11:18pm On May 27, 2012
^^
Pedro squeezes in at the very last minute.
Adrian Lopez surprisingly dropped, after a goal and an assist against Serbia. Well, after that ridiculous dive for a penalty, I would drop him as well.

Juanfran also in. Surprising, I think he's rather mediocre.

The forward line is rather uninspiring. I see Pedro getting quite some game time. Torres is likely to lead the line in all the group games, until maybe Del Bosque loses patience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Sevilla Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 19th June 2020 / Vitoria de Guimaraes Vs Arsenal : Europa League (1 - 1) On 6th November 2019 / Aston Villa Vs Arsenal (1 - 0) On 9th December 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.