Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,444 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Euro 2012 All-Action Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Euro 2012 All-Action Thread (18743 Views)

Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Spain (2 - 4) On Penalties On 27th June 2012 / Euro 2012: Denmark Vs Portugal (2 - 3) Group B Match: On 13th June 2012 / Euro 2012: Czech Republic Vs Poland (1 - 0) On 16th June 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Nobody: 10:44am On May 09, 2012
Breaking news

DIe Mannschaft starting line up on June 9 at Euro 2012

Manuel Neuer

Jerome Boateng Metersacker, Hummels lahm
Schweinsteiger kroos

Muller Podolski
Ozil

MIROSLAV KLOSE
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by dayokanu(m): 6:35pm On May 09, 2012
Mertersacker and klose have not kicked a ball in 2-3months yet you think they would start at Euros?
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 09, 2012
dayokanu: Mertersacker and klose have not kicked a ball in 2-3months yet you think they would start at Euros?
Are u living on planet doom? Klose returned last sunday for LAZIO and was part of the team that won away.

Klose's gonna start for sure ahead of Gomez who would be a second half sub
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by dayokanu(m): 9:01pm On May 09, 2012
toba: Are u living on planet doom? Klose returned last sunday for LAZIO and was part of the team that won away.

Klose's gonna start for sure ahead of Gomez who would be a second half sub

While Gomez is playing the CL final with his team Kloser and his mediocre club are not even sure of playing the CL next season
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 09, 2012
dayokanu:

While Gomez is playing the CL final with his team Kloser and his mediocre club are not even sure of playing the CL next season
U want to start abi?

whats responsible for the misses Gomez had against madrid? how can we rely on him at euro 2012
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by dayokanu(m): 9:40pm On May 09, 2012
toba: U want to start abi?

whats responsible for the misses Gomez had against madrid? how can we rely on him at euro 2012

The same thing that is responsible for his 12 goals in the CL second behind Leo Messi. Gomez scored against every team we played in the CL

What is responsible for Kloser being woeful at a big club?
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 09, 2012
dayokanu:

The same thing that is responsible for his 12 goals in the CL second behind Leo Messi. Gomez scored against every team we played in the CL

What is responsible for Kloser being woeful at a big club?
why do u like derailing threads?

This thread is about Euro 2012 and not UCL. Gomez didnt do too well in Euro 2008, why should we trust him in Euro 2012?
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 9:48pm On May 09, 2012
Oya, Dayo and Toba, don't derail the thread oh. angry
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 09, 2012
AjanleKoko: Oya, Dayo and Toba, don't derail the thread oh. angry

what do u mean. are we not talking about Euro 2012.

Mr dog pursuing Wolf. what do make of my argument for Miro klose?
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 9:56pm On May 09, 2012
toba: what do u meana. are we not talking about Euro 2012.

Mr dog pursuing Wolf. what do make of my argument for Miro klose?

Leave that for the Bayern thread. Let's talk about all the Euro 2012 teams here. Germany and Spain are not the only teams na, haba. Where are the Three Lions supporters? Les Bleus? Azzuris, etc? There are 16 teams in this competition, abi?
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 09, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Leave that for the Bayern thread. Let's talk about all the Euro 2012 teams here. Germany and Spain are not the only teams na, haba. Where are the Three Lions supporters? Les Bleus? Azzuris, etc? There are 16 teams in this competition, abi?
The truth is only Germany and Spain are real contenders. whether na 36 lions of Lagos or Orange boiz r le bleus, all are jokers.

With Bayern defeating real madrid in the UcL, Spain is already out. no puyol and Villa. 'torres' is torn grin
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 10:17pm On May 09, 2012
^^
Real Madrid is more Portuguese than Spanish. grin
I can only think of three players in Madrid that can start for Spain. Iker, Ramos, and Alonso. However, FC Barcelona did beat Leverkusen 10-2 on aggregate. That might infer something quite different . . . grin
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by dayokanu(m): 10:27pm On May 09, 2012
toba: why do u like derailing threads?

This thread is about Euro 2012 and not UCL. Gomez didnt do too well in Euro 2008, why should we trust him in Euro 2012?

Only that Euro 2008 is 4yrs ago. Torres was one of the hottest strikers in Europe in 2008. Can you tell us where torres would rank in the comity of strikers now?
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by dayokanu(m): 10:28pm On May 09, 2012
AjanleKoko: ^^
Real Madrid is more Portuguese than Spanish. grin
I can only think of three players in Madrid that can start for Spain. Iker, Ramos, and Alonso. However, FC Barcelona did beat Leverkusen 10-2 on aggregate. That might infer something quite different . . . grin

Except that no Bayer leverlusen player would start for Germany. Infact only 2 made the 27man list
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 10:31pm On May 09, 2012
^^
There was this little matter of Barca beating Bayern in the Audi cup last August though . . . grin
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by dayokanu(m): 10:46pm On May 09, 2012
There was this little matter of Barca beating Bayern in the Audi cup last August though . . . grin

Hans-Jörg Butt
Diego Contento
Jerome Boateng
Holger Badstuber
Rafinha
David Alaba
Danijel Pranjic
0Luiz Gustavo Dias
Takashi Usami
Ivica Olic
Nils Petersen

Those are the players you faced at the Audi cup. How many of them do you think would be facing you in the Euros?
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 11:15pm On May 09, 2012
^^
Oya.
Enuf of Germany and Spain. embarassed
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by dayokanu(m): 11:20pm On May 09, 2012
Oya.
Enuf of Germany and Spain. embarassed

And talk about who?

The 3 rats of England? With Roy Hodgson as manager or with strikers like Crouch, Sturridge, Welbeck and Carroll?

With Joth Terry and Cahill etc defender

I laugh in Sangodeyi
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chic2pimp(m): 2:12am On May 10, 2012
Quietly confident about the azzuri's chances this summer. We would go into the tournament which as much fanfare as the likes of Germany and Spain(when have we ever had that anyways?) and I think that might just suit us down to tee. Although I still believe we are a tier below the likes of Spain and Germany.

Though I sickens me to admit this,I must say Mafiosio's Juve's scudetto triumph might actually have been a good thing for Italy considering the spine of the team ply their club trade in Turin. Buffon,Bonucci,Chiellini,Marchisio,Barzagli,Pirlo. With the latter 2 being particularly outstanding. Another bonus has been the form of Giovinco in recent weeks. He would be a great player to have and bring on substitute as I don't think he would start. Also Cassano's somewhat impressive form since returning from career and life threatning ailment says to me he has to start.

Lastly Prandelli should get someone to have a quiet word in the ears of Sandro. His performance for Milan when fit tells me he still has something to offer the Azzuris. I'll take a 70% fit Nesta over most defenders in the world today if I am to be honest. Plus a Nesta-Chiellini/Barzagli central pairing sounds more appealing than any other pairing we can conjure up at the moment.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by isalegan2: 8:07pm On May 14, 2012
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
England
France
Germany
Greece
Italy
Netherlands
Poland (co-hosts)
Portugal
Republic of Ireland
Russia
Spain (Defending champions)
Sweden
Ukraine (co-hosts, first appearance)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2012
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by mukina2: 12:39pm On May 16, 2012
will sticky this thread after the UCl final, will be one of the official euro 2012 threads.

thanks AJ smiley
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by mukina2: 12:51pm On May 16, 2012
i'll root for Les bleus cool and any other team with Arsenal Players.

i'll support any team that deals with the three ants grin grin

France Provisional squad
Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris (Olympique Lyon), Steve Mandanda (Olympique Marseille), Cedric Carrasso (Girondins Bordeaux).

Defenders: Gael Clichy (Manchester City), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal), Philippe Mexes (AC Milan), Adil Rami (Valencia), Mathieu Debuchy (Lille), Anthony Reveillere (Olympique Lyon), Mapou Yanga Mbiwa (Montpellier).

Midfielders: Yohan Cabaye (Newcastle United), Florent Malouda (Chelsea), Samir Nasri (Manchester City), Alou Diarra (Olympique Marseille), Yann Mvila (Stade Rennes), Yoann Gourcuff (Olympique Lyon), Marvin Martin (Sochaux), Blaise Matuidi (Paris St Germain).

Forwards: Hatem Ben Arfa (Newcastle United), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich), Olivier Giroud (Montpellier), Jeremy Menez (Paris St Germain), Loic Remy (Olympique Marseille), Mathieu Valbuena (Olympique Marseille).
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 16, 2012
mukina2: i'll root for Les bleus cool and any other team with Arsenal Players.

i'll support any team that deals with the three ants grin grin

France Provisional squad
Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris (Olympique Lyon), Steve Mandanda (Olympique Marseille), Cedric Carrasso (Girondins Bordeaux).

Defenders: Gael Clichy (Manchester City), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal), Philippe Mexes (AC Milan), Adil Rami (Valencia), Mathieu Debuchy (Lille), Anthony Reveillere (Olympique Lyon), Mapou Yanga Mbiwa (Montpellier).

Midfielders: Yohan Cabaye (Newcastle United), Florent Malouda (Chelsea), Samir Nasri (Manchester City), Alou Diarra (Olympique Marseille), Yann Mvila (Stade Rennes), Yoann Gourcuff (Olympique Lyon), Marvin Martin (Sochaux), Blaise Matuidi (Paris St Germain).

Forwards: Hatem Ben Arfa (Newcastle United), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich), Olivier Giroud (Montpellier), Jeremy Menez (Paris St Germain), Loic Remy (Olympique Marseille), Mathieu Valbuena (Olympique Marseille).
No wahala. Just come and play for them. In fact Germany will finish France kia kia maza maza.

Die Mannschaft cheesy cheesy wink wink smiley smiley cool cool cool
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Werehkpe: 1:45pm On May 16, 2012
See the final english Euro team list here

KEEPERS
Joe Hart, Robert Green, John Ruddy

DEFENDERS
Glen Johnson, Joleon Lescott, John Terry, Gary Cahill, Phil Jones, Ashley Cole, Leighton Baines

MIDFIELDERS
Theo Walcott, Stewart Downing, Gareth Barry, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Frank Lampard, Scott Parker, Steven Gerrard, Ashley Young, James Milner

FORWARDS
Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Andy Caroll, Jermain Defoe

http://www.soccerroomtoday.com/england/hodgson-releases-englands-euro-2012-squad/
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by blank(f): 1:55pm On May 16, 2012
Is there any fantasy football for this Euro 2012? grin
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 1:56pm On May 16, 2012
Traditionally, I support Spain. But this term, I am rooting for the Oranje.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Shola2009(m): 2:22pm On May 16, 2012
yea. Is there any fantasy football tournament ?
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by mukina2: 2:38pm On May 16, 2012
england's team is making me laugh grin grin grin

cant wait for them to find their way back home.

feel for my guns theo and ox sad
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by mukina2: 2:40pm On May 16, 2012
toba: No wahala. Just come and play for them. In fact Germany will finish France kia kia maza maza.

Die Mannschaft cheesy cheesy wink wink smiley smiley cool cool cool
pack well. do you think Les Bleus are like the three ants of England? angry grin

na dem be ur wives o.

our own loff affair is with the Italians grin
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chrisley024(m): 3:00pm On May 16, 2012
Wereh kpe: See the final english Euro team list here

KEEPERS

DEFENDERS
Glen Johnson, Joleon Lescott, John Terry, Gary Cahill, Phil Jones, Ashley Cole, Leighton Baines

MIDFIELDERS
Theo Walcott, Stewart Downing, Gareth Barry, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Frank Lampard, Scott Parker, Steven Gerrard, Ashley Young, James Milner

FORWARDS

http://www.soccerroomtoday.com/england/hodgson-releases-englands-euro-2012-squad/
Wereh kpe: See the final english Euro team list here

KEEPERS

DEFENDERS

MIDFIELDERS

FORWARDS

... Mehn, gud he didnt take Rio, bt he shld hv taken Walker, d guy is gud.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 16, 2012
Please does anyone have an idea of the timing? Cuz i wouldn't like to miss any of the match.. Hope it ain't gonna be a day tym or mid-nyt thingy?
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 3:23pm On May 16, 2012
"Hodgson is impressed by how Oxlade-Chamberlain played against 'Pirlo and Ambrosini' of Milan, at the Emirates."

Chai. See GBAGAUN grin tongue embarassed grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Sevilla Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 19th June 2020 / Vitoria de Guimaraes Vs Arsenal : Europa League (1 - 1) On 6th November 2019 / Aston Villa Vs Arsenal (1 - 0) On 9th December 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.