Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,725 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent (4761 Views)

NL Help Me In Prayer: A Meat Seller Wants To Marry My Banker Elder Sister / Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? / Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by vindoheney(m): 3:22pm On Oct 18, 2007
What can u say about this? You have a babe u want to marry but your Pastor said that she is not the one for u (that she will make u unhappy in future)and u love this girl so much up to the point thst u are willing to prove that he is wrong. Then you brought another name for your pastor and the one that you dont really have much feelings for, your pastor accepted as the one for u. the one God is saying that u should marry.

If u were in my shoe what will u do, considering that the said pastor has told u things that will happen in future and it came as he said. If u were in my shoes will u disobey the pastor to marry the one u love or will u obey him to marry the one u like but dont love.

Also how do u go about seperating urself from the one ur pastor refused u to marry.
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by adekennis(m): 3:31pm On Oct 18, 2007
Guy, what so urgent about this now
i just hate all this angry angry angry
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by Easybaby(f): 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2007
pls , obey your Pastor undecided
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by yimiton(f): 3:39pm On Oct 18, 2007
Tell your pastor to pray that the woman you love will give you joy and nothing but joy.
God can change anything and any situation.

But why did you have two names to give to the pastor, deos that mean you were double dating?
If you had only one name, there wouldn't have been any confusion.
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by ufobabe(f): 3:42pm On Oct 18, 2007
LOVE IS NOT A TWO - WAY AFFAIR; IT IS A TRIPARTITE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN A MAN, WOMAN AND GOD.

there are 3 p's 2 confirm ur choice- PARENTAL, PASTORAL AND PEACE(inner peace).

God had shown the pastor how ur marriage will be like if u marry that ur love.she may be pretending just 2 hook u first b4 she will show u what she is really like.or maybe something more than that may happen after marriage.

why don't u pray on ur own because marriage is a miraculous union which cannot be consummated without prior prayers. pray and tell her the outcome.

get seperated from her and get wedded 2 the other girl if u want peace in ur marriage.

be wise! marriage is all about maturity.
    goodluck
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by vindoheney(m): 3:44pm On Oct 18, 2007
thanx t means alot to me.
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by Bolarge(m): 3:56pm On Oct 18, 2007
Your on the fast lane to self-destruction my guy. Sorry I sound rather harsh.
Who made your so-called pastor the decision maker here?
Is he God? U no sabi pray? God no send u abi? U no sabi hear from God shey?
This is what makes so many folks easy prey to these so-called men of God.
Look my brother it is your life. You are the one who's going to live it.
Unfortunately you are the one who's going to face the consequences of any decision
made so you had better take full responsibility. This kindda stuff only happens when peeps
believe they need some nonsense intermediary between them and God. If u are a true christian,
Jesus Christ is the one & only intermediary. Pray to God thru Him and get ur life sorted out.
He'll hear u 'cs He loves u, and believe me He don't love/hear any so-called pastor any
more than He does you. Ya heard?

BTW, whazze point bringing up d name of some dame u don't have it for?
 Beats me hands down.
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by yimiton(f): 4:20pm On Oct 18, 2007
Bolarge:

Your on the fast lane to self-destruction my guy. Sorry I sound rather harsh.
Who made your so-called pastor the decision maker here?
Is he God? You no sabi pray? God no send u abi? You no sabi hear from God shey?
This is what makes so many folks easy prey to these so-called men of God.
Look my brother it is your life. You are the one who's going to live it.
Unfortunately you are the one who's going to face the consequences of any decision
made so you had better take full responsibility. This kindda stuff only happens when peeps
believe they need some nonsense intermediary between them and God. If u are a true christian,
Jesus Christ is the one & only intermediary. Pray to God through Him and get your life sorted out.
He'll hear u 'cs He loves u, and believe me He don't love/hear any so-called pastor any
more than He does you. Ya heard?

BTW, whazze point bringing up d name of some dame u don't have it for?
Beats me hands down.

Never a truer have I ever heard!
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by Gheorghe(m): 4:24pm On Oct 18, 2007
marriage is a life long affair-so no messing around with what people say, it never really

matters,. i see it dis way though;

first, the inner peace must be there that she is the one, if their is one atom of doubt in ur

mind, then u need more time and prayers.

u may believe in u're pastors revelations based on the past but i tell u from the little

bible tales i know and have read, there are so many times that God had threatened to

destroy a nation or punish them for their sins only to pardon them cos of just one man's

plea and prayers, so ur pastor may be right and i may require ur steadfast prayer to turn

things around. so my only advice is for u to be spiritually minded, pray,fast and listen up

until u get that inner feeling on whoever it will be-d one u love or d one u like
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by Pamperme: 4:45pm On Oct 18, 2007
@ Bolarge

word!!!!!!!

@ poster
Just pray to God through Jesus Christ, i don't believe it is wise for you to marry someone you don't really feel for because your Pastor said so i seriously don't like all these Pastors s**t angry
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by sammy6(m): 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2007
Probe further with your pastor
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by omega25red(m): 5:14pm On Oct 18, 2007
@ bolarge
true that you hit a home run with your comment

@ poster

What signs have you seen with this woman? because before you marry someone you have to know them do you in your heart of heart think that this is a person you would like to spend your life with ?? or you are just getting cold feet and need an excuse to escape

Keep this in mind- GOD and GOD alone knows tomorrow and the beauty of this life is that the only thing we all know is that one day we would die. I say this to say that let no man tell you what only the GOD you serve can tell you. yes you might marry the woman and have problems down the line but which marriage is perfect?? if you know tell me. The thing is, there's bound to be problems and its how you work out the problem that would make you stronger. You know what why dont you tell the woman what yor pastor said and see how she would react you could start from there.
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by Gmoney5(m): 9:09pm On Oct 18, 2007
Proverbs 4:7
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by kokoletz(m): 10:45pm On Oct 18, 2007
Sorry man, hope u remember dt God chose a woman 4 Adam but whn Bleep up came Adam blamed it on d woman God gave 2 him. Now as a pastor I am tellin u dt God has stop chosing woman 4 a man. So who evr findeth a wife findeth good thing, so go ahead & marry ya luv because marriage na 4 beta 4 worse.
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by ritchboy(m): 10:59pm On Oct 18, 2007
R human beigns dis foolish?
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by cblow(m): 11:07pm On Oct 18, 2007
ild rather say u follow ur heart. God is no author of confusion, morestill u can speak with another pastor and ask him to pray too. that is if you feel you cant pray to God directly and get answers to your prayers. the Bible says of the mouth of two witnesses, the truth is established, but in these issues of marriage, i think the onus lies on you to make your decision following your heart and the Holy Spirit speaking to your spirit man, remember as someone said earlier, u dont need anyone to tell you about ur future, u speak to God directly and you will be surprised at how much you can receive from him cool

a work is enough,
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by ginnie(f): 12:59am On Oct 19, 2007
@ POSTER

Please mind the way you take girls names to "pastors" because many things are happening these days.

If you want to take a wife, pray and ask God to show you whatz rite for you and he will.

The one you love may just be "acting" cos she wants to get married desperately.

Sojust keep your mind neutral and pray and God will give you answers.

about how to get rid of the other girl, you've been playing both of them, so just play your way out. Afterall you've been doing it so it's not a new thing. Good Luck.
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:37am On Oct 19, 2007
@Bolarge

word, you hit the nail on the head.
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by almondjoy(f): 4:21am On Oct 19, 2007
Gosh!  I love those Nigerian pastors! cheesy  They see all the visions in the world for others but themselves!  The pastor is probably sleeping with the babe! What a busy body!

Amazing!
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 5:52am On Oct 19, 2007
If you can honestly say that you've witnessed things come pass that your pastor has said to members ,,  and,,  if he is a verified prophet, I would not encourage u to go against his guidance.  Tho,,  please bear in mind that all Pastors are not filled with that all-knowing gift of ' prophecy'.   So in this instance and based on what you know of her character, you must follow your own inner widsom.  Tho, I question such wisdom, because you mentioned bringing another woman's name to the pastor for approval.  Thats hipocritical confusion in the face of love, as you clearly show signs of being a double minded man.  You have shown the pastor that you YOURSELF have doubts. Please read. James 1: 5-8, if you need confirmation of what I have just shared with you,   

When a man knows without a doubt of his true love, all of his energies should vested in one woman, and there would be no need to having a 'back-up' plan.   Its not about disobeying a pastor, its about praying faithfully to GOD for favour in turning aroung a situation for a positive outcome, and then obeying what God tell you to.  The choice to marry is yours, and God gives you free will to choose whomever u wish. If u love her, and you both work on your walk with God together, I don't see a reason why it may not work.

I promise u,  if u bring her to church with u, and she becomes active member,,  I can almost assure the pastor will give u both his blessings, as u will be moving onward and upward and increasing compatibility. As long as God is the foundation in the relationship, and is for you,,  then who can be against you?  Certainly not your pastor,

Be of sound mind &  judgement, Make firm decisions and stick to them. ,    These are admirable characteristics of a man of integrity,  Your woman will take notice of such traits.  Just let the 'other' babe know, that you have to sever all ties with her, as u are building yourself up spiritually with your future wife.  All your going to do is rob yourself of spiritual riches and delay your own progression in life,  if u allow urself to be consumed in unstable ways and indecisiveness. Stand up and be the man God created you to be, and live life according to your own choices, we create destiny, it doesn't come by chance, Remember that.  

Its simple for a wise man to see, but a foolsih man would think quite differently,  

Best Wishes, 

love & light,
Natalie
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by earthrealm(m): 6:13am On Oct 19, 2007
NEVER EVER EVER marry somebody u dont luv/have feelings 4,
the union is most certainly doomed.

as per what ur pastor said, its really a tough issue.
but one really has 2 have all the detaols b4 he can help u.u know this is a public form n all sorts of people are here, not all things are meant 4 public consumption, b4 some1 miscontrues what i want 2 say, ,< u know about the childrens fodd, >
u gotta find out 4rm the pastor why he rejected ur chic, n all meet well grounded christians.but above all, pray!!!
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by adconline(m): 7:56am On Oct 19, 2007
Woe to that man who puts his trust in a fellow man ( ie your pastor) . You must work out the way of your salvation
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 19, 2007
I find it so sad that grown and women will allow other mortals decide what goes on in their lives. Pray to God your self, why do you have to ask a pastor who you should marry
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by tammyy2k1(m): 11:06am On Oct 19, 2007
Thankx Kokoletz for an inspiring word .
U see ur pastor will not be there when the so called angel he wants u to marry will start show herself for who she is.
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by seablu(f): 10:28pm On Oct 20, 2007
na wa 4 pastor o!
u sef! na waya! where did u fish out the supplement babe from?
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by chaloo(m): 10:45pm On Oct 20, 2007
Poster

Why bother asking everyone for advice? Pastor or anyone else.
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by SweetT1: 11:16pm On Oct 20, 2007
@Poster

Tell your pastor where to go and give him the middle finger. If the woman pulls the strings of your heart and water the flowers in your heart, go for it. But if you allow the toxic like your pastor to get in the field of love, you will only kill the glow of flower she planted in your heart !!! Beware of pastors and parents when it comes to marriage, no one can play the role of God. Take their advice and weight it against your happiness and decide which one matters the most.
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by ehie007(m): 4:23pm On Oct 22, 2007
guy u better stop listening to pastors for matter of the heart.

U people that believe in pastors to be telling u jazz i pity una.

think twice.
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by 2dye4(m): 4:46pm On Oct 22, 2007
whats up with givin names to pastors? his he a necromancer?
the God that told him the girl won't make u happy in future would also give u a warning sign, don't u think? unless u aint on speaking terms with "HIM".

like a poster said ,which decision gives u that inner peace?
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by jdye(m): 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2007
Brother, remenber that your own destiny is in your hands, the most important thing is what you decide, your pastor will not be in that matrimonial home, however you will live with the consequences of your decisions for the rest of your life. my advice is that u take what he said as an input to the decision you will take, he can be right and can be wrong cos " we see in part and we prophesy in part" if you dont have that spiritual sensitivity to hear from God then i advice that you stand apart from the relationship and make a thorough assessment if u will really be happy in marriage or not with her. i believe you should know your babe enough to make such assessment. try to be objective pls. answer questions like; what is her most important asset to you?, Does she really listens most especially when you have different opinions abt issues(listen nt give in)? and so on. Take what he said serious in a sense may be you will see what he is saying bt the decision is your as i said and the most important thing, pray to God that he should give you direction cos He knows the end from the Beginning and You will be surprise what he will do. i believe you know that most times it takes pain to do the right things
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by adeboo(f): 9:23am On Oct 24, 2007
Ask yourslf how reliable has the Pastor been in the past?
If he really isnt reliable then you just need to do ur thing.

What were the reasons the Pasto gave?

I advice that you seek a second, third opinion.
Re: Dilema,my Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Love. Plz Help Its Urgent by chrisuch(m): 11:56pm On Oct 24, 2007
apes obey.moreover who made her your love?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Bromancing Equal Homosexuality / 2go- Promotes Homosexuality In Nigeria [fact].. Watch Your Kids Closely.. / Love Text Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.