Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? (2170 Views)

This Is The Kind Of Man All Ladies Want ( Photo) / Photos: "Today I Married The Man I Met On Social Media. Don't Ignore All Your DM / The Kind Of Self Confidence That Attracts Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 12, 2012
kk
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by OgidiOlu3(m): 3:55pm On Feb 12, 2012
^^^@op. If dat's really u in ur profile picture, then the people saying u're ugly must be crazy.
The only way to show them how beautiful u are(cos u're already beautiful) is to have self-esteem. Stop looking desperately for a man, they will always come.
What if u're graduating? Wu says u cant find a guy(with eyes) during service?
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 12, 2012
Tnx. The emotional aspect of me is missin,
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by amuukwu1(m): 4:03pm On Feb 12, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:

^^^@op. If dat's really u in ur profile picture, then the people saying u're ugly must be crazy.
The only way to show them how beautiful u are(cos u're already beautiful) is to have self-esteem. Stop looking desperately for a man, they will always come.
What if u're graduating? Wu says u cant find a guy(with eyes) during service?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by MrsChima1(f): 4:03pm On Feb 12, 2012
If you are showing how desperate you are for a man, it will only attract a man that will only use you.  

Just be yourself and enjoy life.  A good man will come to appreciate you only if you are good to yourself in every way.   wink
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 12, 2012
Tnx mrs chima. Hav always try to b my self,
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by LaParisienne(f): 4:15pm On Feb 12, 2012
amu ukwu:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin

Badt guy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by OgidiOlu3(m): 4:23pm On Feb 12, 2012
La Parisienne:

Badt guy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Did i make a mistake?
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 12, 2012
undecided
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by WebSurfer(m): 6:49pm On Feb 12, 2012
Op, dont get urself a man in a hurry and end up in a mess, just take your time, he's gonna comeby soon
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 12, 2012
I pray he koms soon. Aint easy stayin in d hostel wen all gals tok abt deir bfs
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by Goldieluks: 7:22pm On Feb 12, 2012
Try focusing on some other activities,instead of worrying about not having a boy friend.

Lool@ogidi-olu
grin
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by TroyJay(m): 7:35pm On Feb 12, 2012
You are beautiful just the way you are. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise. If you want to be more beautiful, work on your "inner beauty". Your character, your speech,your expressions should radiate your inner beauty to the outside. Dont worry, most of the girls you are getting jealous over are actually being used. Dont get a boyfriend because you want to talk about him with fellow hostel mates. That notion is soo wrong! Moreover, most of those stories are either outrightly made up or sensationally exaggerated.
Your dressing should be modest and not flatulent. Dont dress to impress anyone. If you dress to impress, the guys who approach you will do so because of your dressing and NOT because they were attracted to your person. A person truly attracted to you will first be attracted to your modest and different way of dressing, and then on closer contact with you, he'll also be drawn to your "inner beauty". Dressing modestly doesnt mean out of fashion.
Remember that there is a time for every affair under the sun. Just take it that the time has not really come. Girl, you are just 20. Focus more on the more important things(education) and all others will be added. . . There's still time to re discover your self, and make yourself more attractive. I'll rather be attracted to a lady because of who she is than for her beauty. MOST "facially" beautiful girls are PLAIN DUMB! Facial beauty doesnt last, but inner beauty does. Look at your mirror and say to your self "I am beautiful". Be even more proud to say "I'm beautiful in every single way". Dont let your own words bring you down! smiley
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 12, 2012
^^tnx.I jus dnt want God's tym to take tym
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by honeric01(m): 7:43pm On Feb 12, 2012
@op, are you ugly?
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 12, 2012
Am nt ugly, das wat I knw, dnt y guys say I am?
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by TroyJay(m): 7:49pm On Feb 12, 2012
Idungjay:

^^tnx.I jus dnt want God's tym to take tym
How long is too long to you?
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 12, 2012
^^i jus want God to strt satisfying me early
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by tayotee(m): 7:59pm On Feb 12, 2012
Don't sell yourself short dear!!! The right dude will def show up, buh while waiting, engage urself in activities that can boost your SELF esteem, grin grin
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by TroyJay(m): 8:09pm On Feb 12, 2012
Idungjay:

^^i jus want God to strt satisfying me early
Hmm. A hint of desperation in your tone. If you want that from God, Ask!. . . Pray. And then wait for it to be answered. You DONT force anyone to satisfy you. And if you really believe that God's time is the best, then wait for his time. Even though his time[i] may seem[/i] to delay. . . It will NOT be late!
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by MrsChima1(f): 8:11pm On Feb 12, 2012
OP

I can lend you Chima for a week with a nominal fee of course. grin grin grin grin
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 12, 2012
Forget ur chima. I WANT MYN!!!
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by MrsChima1(f): 8:16pm On Feb 12, 2012
Idungjay:

Forget ur chima. I WANT MYN!!!

For a nominal fee, he will make you forget all of your problems and you will be very popular at your school.  wink

I would even throw in some outfits (Fashion expert) and a blackberry Pro.  wink
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 12, 2012
Hope u nt trying to insult meah. Wen I said if I'll eva get to meet d kind of man I nid, did u cee  nd outfits included?
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by MrsChima1(f): 8:20pm On Feb 12, 2012
Fine! I will take my offer to someone else! angry angry angry angry

(stomping off thread and farting profusely)
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 12, 2012
Anyways, tnx to all who contributed meaningfully nd reasonally, , NL is really a home.
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by pendo89(f): 8:22pm On Feb 12, 2012
There's something here ,I just can't seem to place my finger on it yet.

But look here,if indeed u r 20, go about doing you biz.You still got a long way to go and many men to meet in the course of ur life's journey.

So what if one or two guys call u ugly? you let that destroy ur self esteem? What are u desperate for when many guys out there don't give a damn about physical beauty?
There's always somebody for someone. Stop assuming you will find him in ur current circle of friends.
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by MrsChima1(f): 8:23pm On Feb 12, 2012
pendo89:

There's something here ,I just can't seem to place my finger on it yet.

But look here,if indeed u r 20, go about doing you biz.You still got a long way to go and many men to meet in the course of ur life's journey.

So what if one or two guys call u ugly? you let that destroy ur self esteem? What are u desperate for when many guys out there don't give a damn about physical beauty?
There's always somebody for someone. Stop assuming you will find him in ur current circle of friends.

Maybe she will listen to you.I have an offer that you won't refuse. Interested? grin grin
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by Goldieluks: 8:26pm On Feb 12, 2012
@ OP if you are not here for advice, why open a thread in the first place? You sound too desperate and sorry to say, but I percieve your rate of desperation as someone who would say YES to anything under trouser. If you can't wait for God's time, the quickest option is to stand by the road side at night! Haba!  No offence.
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by pendo89(f): 8:27pm On Feb 12, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Maybe she will listen to you.I have an offer that you won't refuse. Interested?  grin grin

lol that laugh is a warning!! no thanks. but wait! u dishing out outfits and blackberries? r u father valentine?
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by MrsChima1(f): 8:33pm On Feb 12, 2012
pendo89:

lol that laugh is a warning!! no thanks. but wait! u dishing out outfits and blackberries? r u father valentine?

Chei! Only for a nominal fee! grin grin grin I was only trying to put a smile on the sister's face but she took it the wrong way. Sighs.

If my husband EVER see the above comments, I will be in deep trouble! grin grin grin I can hear him now, "Why are you trying to sell me online"? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? by doeeyed: 9:08pm On Feb 12, 2012
@ op,

Still young,
As the above threads have advised:
1) don't be desperate
2) don't determine ur beauty by praise or hate comments:
3) increase ur inner beauty, develop your character
4) get a good job following ur service year, to make u financially independent
5) try mixing in social circles where u can avail urself of the opportunity of meeting pple/ guys of similar interest. Religious settings,work dos, cinemas, functions at local charities etc
NL on the off chance provides stimulating conversation sometimes.

Enjoy, start freaking if after all the above, u find no takers (,  me finks another 2-4 yrs)

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Come Out Of This Dilemma??? / TRUE LOVE !!! Picture Of Woman Reading To Her Blind Husband On The Bus / Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.