Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? (8431 Views)

Oya Come Toast That Babe or Guy wey You Like For PIDGIN!!! / Just Propose To Any Nairaland Babe Or Guy Here / Worst And Funny Lies You Ever Heard From A Lady Or Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by cynthiafred67(f): 10:46pm On Feb 12, 2012
Maybe, just maybe
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by mojounited(m): 1:23am On Feb 13, 2012
Probably, save for the 'Romance' section though -- not sure. I have visited other NL sections like Autos, Health, Travel, etc. and realized that there are reasonable people you can make out with. . . I keep all channels open, as one can't rule out the possibility of such happenstance. wink
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Killz3(m): 1:34am On Feb 13, 2012
mojounited:

Probably, save for the 'Romance' section though -- not sure. I have visited other NL sections like Autos, Health, Travel, etc. and realized that there are reasonable people you can make out with. . . I keep all channels open, as one can't rule out the possibility of such happenstance. wink
It's cos of senseless comments like this i'd rather be in the Romance section! Fccking hypocrite. There are no reasonable people in the romance section, but you still visit? Does that make you a FOOL? Yes, of course it does! wink
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:34am On Feb 13, 2012
Hmm. . .Tricky One.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by mojounited(m): 3:16am On Feb 13, 2012
~Killz~:

It's cos of senseless comments like this i'd rather be in the Romance section! Fccking hypocrite. There are no reasonable people in the romance section, but you still visit? Does that make you a FOOL? Yes, of course it does! wink
Hush! You sound like you haven't w@nked off today, ode. OP asked if I'd fancy "marrying" someone off of NL not 'reason(s) to visit'? Wow! I don't know about you punk but I visit NL (as a whole) to learn and have fun, (not just the romance section) to get married -- I guess you've revealed the reason your bald-face normally comes on here to puke your usually unreasonable and incoherent balderdash. And I thought you were intelligent all this while. . . Well, you can spout your trash and keep deluding yourself while my opinion stands with respect to the OP's qq. Law of homogenous species, suggest that your type will only be attracted to a worthless superficial goon like you. wink
I keep all channels open, as one can't rule out the possibility of such happenstance.
Not surprised you were too dumb not to have noticed this part.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by MrResource(m): 3:40am On Feb 13, 2012
Maybe undecided
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by mamalola19: 4:34am On Feb 13, 2012
mojounited:

Hush! You sound like you haven't w@nked off today, ode. OP asked if I'd fancy "marrying" someone off of NL not 'reason(s) to visit'? Wow! I don't know about you punk but I visit NL (as a whole) to learn and have fun, (not just the romance section) to get married -- I guess you've revealed the reason your bald-face normally comes on here to puke your usually unreasonable and incoherent balderdash. And I thought you were intelligent all this while. . . Well, you can spout your trash and keep deluding yourself while my opinion stands with respect to the OP's qq. Law of homogenous species, suggest that your type will only be attracted to a worthless superficial goon like you. winkNot surprised you were too dumb not to have noticed this part.

shocked shocked grin grin
na wa o,
killz when would you change
you are really reloaded
chei ur problem is beyond me
just 1 day and you are causing this
smh
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Cuddlemii: 5:12am On Feb 13, 2012
What if there was no Nairaland or internet, how would people have married? The op's question is a tough one but I will just write what is on my mind at the moment.

My pastor preached to us to meet, date and marry the normal way, no matchmaking, no hook ups. It was also advised in church to allow the brothers make the move as that is how its meant to be. My pastor also said he met his wife on the road, walked up to her, she refused/shunned him but he later got her number from their maid and their friendship started before it escalated and they have been married for 20 years. I am sure you are wondering what has all these stories got to do with nairaland?

There are a lots of divorce and failed marriages out there so whatever you are doing, do it the way its meant to be, at the right time, at the right place and with the right set of people. The Ideal way is to meet your hubby/wife in reality, he/she met you in real life, liked what he/she saw(you are his/her specs and desired qualities), went after it and discovered the character was on point and decided to put a ring on it. I take pride in that notion and also respect it.

Sometimes people are forced to accept online characters for a relationship because they feel they have wasted their time so much online that they manage them and end up marrying them even when deep down those online xters are not their spec or desires but they go along with it just to fulfil all righteousness, then start complaining or loose interest fast or use it as reference through out the marriage whenever there is a fight or something.

The greatest joy is for a guy to spot a lady in real life wherever, walk up to her and toast her, or ask her friends to please call her or beg her brother or neighbours to talk to her or develops cold feet to express himself and starts by asking for a book/bible/directions from her or fall into the gutter while asking her out(probably he was fretting) or even chases her all over the place, stalks her etc. Those minute exercise even if it few, gives u pride & confidence.

That doesn't mean you can't marry from Nairaland but why have you ruled out reality? Its too early not to explore real life, why do you want to live your life in the walls of nairaland or meet your spouse here. Its better to try and hang out, visit places, make friends and all before you result to online, never limit yourself. An ugly man that proposes to a lady in real life can be better than online because it was done the right way so challenge yourself. You don't need the perfect guy to experience the perfect love so even if in real you meet an average guy, that to me is better than hoping for a Nairalander to settle down with. But person no see in reality, you fit opt for better handle here. A lot of nice admirable brothers and sisters that are marriage materials on Nairaland.

So you would notice I didn't say Yes or No but if you read my post well, you would get the message smiley.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by born2boink(m): 5:36am On Feb 13, 2012
The only person i cannot marry on nairaland is onila, i can marry the rest of them
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by agiboma(f): 6:02am On Feb 13, 2012
@ OP yes its ok to marry on nairaland
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Goldieluks: 6:18am On Feb 13, 2012
mojounited:

Hush! You sound like you haven't w@nked off today, ode. OP asked if I'd fancy "marrying" someone off of NL not 'reason(s) to visit'? Wow! I don't know about you punk but I visit NL (as a whole) to learn and have fun, (not just the romance section) to get married -- I guess you've revealed the reason your bald-face normally comes on here to puke your usually unreasonable and incoherent balderdash. And I thought you were intelligent all this while. . . Well, you can spout your trash and keep deluding yourself while my opinion stands with respect to the OP's qq. Law of homogenous species, suggest that your type will only be attracted to a worthless superficial goon like you. winkNot surprised you were too dumb not to have noticed this part.

Wow me likey this dude. Lol@ worthless superficial goon like you. Very true bro, so very true. Have a free kiss.
kiss
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Killz3(m): 6:31am On Feb 13, 2012
mojounited:

Hush! You sound like you haven't w@nked off today, ode. [b]OP asked if I'd fancy "marrying" someone off of NL not 'reason(s) to visit'? [/b]Wow! I don't know about you punk but I visit NL (as a whole) to learn and have fun, (not just the romance section) to get married -- I guess you've revealed the reason your bald-face normally comes on here to puke your usually unreasonable and incoherent balderdash. And I thought you were intelligent all this while. . . Well, you can spout your trash and keep deluding yourself while my opinion stands with respect to the OP's qq. Law of homogenous species, suggest that your type will only be attracted to a worthless superficial goon like you. winkNot surprised you were too dumb not to have noticed this part.
Now let me tell you why you indeed are a fool! wink
Op asked if you'd fancy marrying anyone from nairaland, did he ask you where the reasonable peeps are? Fool? You brought the visiting in. Or was your brain on sabbatical leave when you said you've Visited other NL sections? Was he asking you the section you wanna marry from? Dunderhead, So where did i go wrong by asking you why you hypocritical Son of a bit[i]c[/i]h still visits the romance section, after realizing there are no reasonable peeps on there? That's because you are a what? A FOOL!
You keep all channels open, save the romance section right? So where was the "all" in your statement? Mojounited. You be real Mojo! ode oshi! Your head like frying pan!
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 13, 2012
@Odunnu, Things i have seen some ladies saying on nairaland made me ask this golden question which my opinion cant just fly out like that, so that is why am speechless at the moment
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Konnektions146(m): 10:03am On Feb 13, 2012
all options are very much open

believe in possibilities,
Cuddlemii:

My pastor preached to us to meet, date and marry the normal way, no matchmaking, no hook ups. It was also advised in church to allow the brothers make the move as that is how its meant to be.
smiley.
what do yu consider normal way? cos i ve seen ladies making the moves and it still works(though some guys dont appreciate it and as well ladies). men are expeted to do certain things but there come attimes wen u as a lady can assist. never knew this kinda mentality still exist, men should do everythin.
no offense, just my tot

Cuddlemii:

My pastor also said he met his wife on the road, walked up to her, she refused/shunned him but he later got her number from their maid and their friendship started before it escalated and they have been married for 20 years. I am sure you are wondering what has all these stories got to do with nairaland?
smiley.
is ur pastor in Nigeria? cos i am sure private telephony system is just abt a decade old, do de calculation with the phone number collection, and marryin for 20years.

Cuddlemii:

The greatest joy is for a guy to spot a lady in real life wherever, walk up to her and toast her, or ask her friends to please call her or beg her brother or neighbours to talk to her or [b]develops cold feet to express himself and starts by asking for a book/bible/directions from her or fall into the gutter [/b]while asking her out(probably he was fretting) or even chases her all over the place, stalks her etc. Those minute exercise even if it few, gives u pride & confidence.

smiley.

lol, my dear , is dis where yur own joy, pride and confidence comes?
it doesnt happen again cos u can even see a 20 year old guy toastin a 28year old lady with so much impetus and confidence.
how yu re not as archaic as i am tempted to think.

re-programme your sense of reasoning sister.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by slimyem: 10:24am On Feb 13, 2012
chances are REALLY slim but i never say never!
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Acidosis(m): 10:36am On Feb 13, 2012
slimyem:

chances are REALLY slimyem but i never say never!

wink
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by koolkamzzy(m): 10:42am On Feb 13, 2012
If she meets my specification and if we are compatible, why not.

My pastor preached to us to meet, date and marry the normal way, no matchmaking, no hook ups. It was also advised in church to allow the brothers make the move as that is how its meant to be. My pastor also said he met his wife on the road, walked up to her, she refused/shunned him but he later got her number from their maid and their friendship started before it escalated and they have been married for 20 years. I am sure you are wondering what has all these stories got to do with nairaland?

What worked for your pastor might not work for you. IMO, the meeting point doesn’t determine the longevity of a relationship.

The greatest joy is for a guy to spot a lady in real life wherever, walk up to her and toast her, or ask her friends to please call her or beg her brother or neighbours to talk to her or develops cold feet to express himself and starts by asking for a book/bible/directions from her or fall into the gutter while asking her out(probably he was fretting) or even chases her all over the place,  stalks her etc. Those minute exercise even if it few, gives u pride & confidence.

LOL @ falling into gutter. Why worry yourself and waste precious time over one fish when there are thousands of such in the sea
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Konnektions146(m): 10:49am On Feb 13, 2012
^^^
please tell her
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by LaParisienne(f): 11:02am On Feb 13, 2012
Cuddlemii:

What if there was no Nairaland or internet, how would people have married? The op's question is a tough one but I will just write what is on my mind at the moment.

There are a lots of divorce and failed marriages out there so whatever you are doing, do it the way its meant to be, at the right time, at the right place and with the right set of people. The Ideal way is to meet your hubby/wife in reality, he/she met you in real life, liked what he/she saw(you are his/her specs and desired qualities), went after it and discovered the character was on point and decided to put a ring on it. I take pride in that notion and also respect it.

Sometimes people are forced to accept online characters for a relationship because they feel they have wasted their time so much online that they manage them and end up marrying them even when deep down those online xters are not their spec or desires but they go along with it just to fulfil all righteousness, then start complaining or loose interest fast or use it as reference through out the marriage whenever there is a fight or something.

The greatest joy is for a guy to spot a lady in real life wherever, walk up to her and toast her, or ask her friends to please call her or beg her brother or neighbours to talk to her or develops cold feet to express himself and starts by asking for a book/bible/directions from her or fall into the gutter while asking her out(probably he was fretting) or even chases her all over the place,  stalks her etc. Those minute exercise even if it few, gives u pride & confidence.

That doesn't mean you can't marry from Nairaland but why have you ruled out reality? Its too early not to explore real life, why do you want to live your life in the walls of nairaland or meet your spouse here. Its better to try and hang out, visit places, make friends and all before you result to online, never limit yourself. An ugly man that proposes to a lady in real life can be better than online because it was done the right way so challenge yourself. You don't need the perfect guy to experience the perfect love so even if in real you meet an average guy, that to me is better than hoping for a Nairalander to settle down with. But person no see in reality, you fit opt for better handle here. A lot of nice admirable brothers and sisters that are marriage materials on Nairaland.

So you would notice I didn't say Yes or No but if you read my post well, you would get the message smiley.

Cuddle keep writing long essays while your mates are getting married and living happily ever after. There's no rule of thumb on how and where to meet a life partner.

Me thinks you are somewhat confused. Today you don't want to get married cos men are useless and you hate them so much, tomorrow you want to get married. Next tomorrow, you want to meet your hubby in a seminary! Make up your darn mind about what you really want.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Konnektions146(m): 11:32am On Feb 13, 2012
La Parisienne:

Cuddle keep writing long essays while your mates are getting married and living happily ever after. There's no rule of thumb on how and where to meet a life partner.

Me thinks you are somewhat confused. Today you don't want to get married cos men are useless and you hate them so much, tomorrow you want to get married. Next tomorrow, you want to meet your hubby in a seminary! Make up your darn mind about what you really want.

u re on point,
relationships-dating and marriage doesn`t have specific rules on how it works,

@cuddlehim,
please yu just have to wake up, clear yur head and decide which path yu wanna take cos with this kinda mentality, yu re really goin to find it real hard cos yu have some believe abt certain things work.

sorry if i may ask, how old are yu cudlehim?

just my tot!
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by MissyB3(f): 11:42am On Feb 13, 2012
La Parisienne:

Oh Lawd! cheesy
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Cuddlemii: 11:48am On Feb 13, 2012
Konnektions146:

all options are very much open

believe in possibilities, what do yu consider normal way? cos i ve seen ladies making the moves and it still works(though some guys dont appreciate it and as well ladies). men are expeted to do certain things but there come attimes wen u as a lady can assist. never knew this kinda mentality still exist, men should do everythin.
no offense, just my tot
is ur pastor in Nigeria? cos i am sure private telephony system is just abt a decade old, do de calculation with the phone number collection, and  marryin for 20years.

lol, my dear , is dis where yur own joy, pride and confidence comes?
it doesnt happen again cos u can even see a 20 year old guy toastin a 28year old lady with so much impetus and confidence.
how yu re not as archaic as i am tempted to think.

re-programme your sense of reasoning sister.

I didn't rule out anything. I only gave instances and examples. Whatever works for individuals should suffice. If you want to meet your spouse online, nothing wrong in that. If you also want to meet your spouse in real life then there is nothing in that as well as far as everything is done the right way, at the right time with the right person. Actually, I just programmed my reasoning from meeting people online to offline so no need to change as La parisienne said, I should be stable so I will stick to what I believe in now just like I can't force your own reasoning out of you. Everyone is peculiar in nature. Thanks for your constructive criticism.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Cuddlemii: 11:50am On Feb 13, 2012
La Parisienne:

Hahahahahaha Whatever that's your opinion. I always try to cover all areas of a topic so people either relate or disregard, its that simple. When people change their mindset and believes, certain circumstances triggers it so my stands have changed. Yes I used to be all romantic and all believing love can happen even on the moon but recent events has got me reasoning differently. Its my opinion and not your business. I don't think I have ever questioned your own decision right from your indecisive relationship thread you created recently.

If my essay irritates you, then you look pass it. Some of your post always sound bitchy, saucy, insulting and too forward but I overlook it as these are mere online encounters and no one owes anyone any explanation or no one would get richer by them. I suggest you also take the advise you gave me, obviously you should be above 21 whats keeping you? Is writing poetry and online love not too much of a distraction when your mates are getting hooked offline and living happily ever after. Its so easy to judge people on here, look for faults and put them to order but there is absolutely nothing wrong in doing the same to ourselves as well. Its called Self Evaluation!

Thanks for your advice though, duly noted! I will pick the reasonable elements in them.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Chnges(m): 11:59am On Feb 13, 2012
*pees on pant*
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Konnektions146(m): 12:15pm On Feb 13, 2012
Cuddlemii:

I didn't rule out anything. I only gave instances and examples. Whatever works for individuals should suffice. If you want to meet your spouse online, nothing wrong in that. If you also want to meet your spouse in real life then there is nothing in that as well as far as everything is done the right way, at the right time with the right person. Actually, I just programmed my reasoning from meeting people online to offline so no need to change as La parisienne said, I should be stable so I will stick to what I believe in now just like I can't force your own reasoning out of you. Everyone is peculiar in nature. Thanks for your constructive criticism.

my dear,
yu have the right to believe in anythin, my little input to this is that yu should undastand that there is no definite or sure way certain things work,
Realistically, yu will undastand that at some point we need to adjust so as to get thing pass tru, just try and adjust wen yu get to that point

i wish yu de best
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by koolkamzzy(m): 12:18pm On Feb 13, 2012
La Parisienne:

Cuddlemii:

Hahahahahaha Whatever that's your opinion. I always try to cover all areas of a topic so people either relate or disregard, its that simple. When people change their mindset and believes, certain circumstances triggers it so my stands have changed. Yes I used to be all romantic and all believing love can happen even on the moon but recent events has got me reasoning differently. Its my opinion and not your business. I don't think I have ever questioned your own decision right from your indecisive relationship thread you created recently.

If my essay irritates you, then you look pass it. Some of your post always sound bitchy, saucy, insulting and too forward but I overlook it as these are mere online encounters and no one owes anyone any explanation or no one would get richer by them. I suggest you also take the advise you gave me, obviously you should be above 21 whats keeping you? Is writing poetry and online love not too much of a distraction when your mates are getting hooked offline and living happily ever after. Its so easy to judge people on here, look for faults and put them to other but there is absolutely nothing wrong in doing the same to ourselves as well. Its called Self Evaluation!

Thanks for your advice though, duly noted! I will pick the reasonable elements in them.

No Fighting on this thread, else moderator go ban two of you now  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by mojounited(m): 12:26pm On Feb 13, 2012
~Killz~:

Now let me tell you why you indeed are a fool! wink
Op asked if you'd fancy marrying anyone from nairaland, did he ask you where the reasonable peeps are? Fool? You brought the visiting in. Or was your brain on sabbatical leave when you said you've Visited other NL sections? Was he asking you the section you wanna marry from? Dunderhead, So where did i go wrong by asking you why you hypocritical Son of a bit[i]c[/i]h still visits the romance section, after realizing there are no reasonable peeps on there? That's because you are a what? A FOOL!
You keep all channels open, save the romance section right? So where was the "all" in your statement? Mojounited. You be real Mojo! ode oshi! Your head like frying pan!
[flash=380,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0[/flash]
Shut up cretin, you're really a dolt as you're making a nuisance of yourself with such foolery! Again, NL (which consists of romance and other sections) is not limited to a single purpose -- marriage -- however, addressing the OP's concern, I clearly highlighted I was "not sure" if the romance section would be my reference point as I found other sections (still NL) appealing, but couldn't rule out possibilities in such regard. . Now, an inconsequential swine of a pandemic mishap like you; an arrant misfortune to your generation, went yapping about 'why I still visit' the romance section? You're just a compound troll!!! wink

Goldieluks:

Wow me likey this dude. Lol@ worthless superficial goon like you. Very true bro, so very true. Have a free kiss.
kiss
Thanks Goldie, I see ya wink
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by jaybee3(m): 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2012
Yes I CAN
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Tosinville(m): 12:32pm On Feb 13, 2012
^Guy abeg never kill killz lol
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by koolkamzzy(m): 12:33pm On Feb 13, 2012
Now, an inconsequential swine of a pandemic mishap like you; an arrant misfortune to your generation, went yapping about 'why I still visit'? You're just a compound troll!!! wink

falls from 20 storey building

; grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Tosinville(m): 12:50pm On Feb 13, 2012
^thats too much lol, falling from cashew tree is ok.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Tosinville(m): 12:52pm On Feb 13, 2012
Killz is truely a troll on this section.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Strugles Only Skinny Girls Would Understand / The Most Beautiful Woman In Wwe(my Opinion) / Why We Dont Reply PMS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.