Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? (8442 Views)

Oya Come Toast That Babe or Guy wey You Like For PIDGIN!!! / Just Propose To Any Nairaland Babe Or Guy Here / Worst And Funny Lies You Ever Heard From A Lady Or Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 13, 2012
Cuddlemii:

What if there was no Nairaland or internet, how would people have married? The op's question is a tough one but I will just write what is on my mind at the moment.

My pastor preached to us to meet, date and marry the normal way, no matchmaking, no hook ups. It was also advised in church to allow the brothers make the move as that is how its meant to be. My pastor also said he met his wife on the road, walked up to her, she refused/shunned him but he later got her number from their maid and their friendship started before it escalated and they have been married for 20 years. I am sure you are wondering what has all these stories got to do with nairaland?

There are a lots of divorce and failed marriages out there so whatever you are doing, do it the way its meant to be, at the right time, at the right place and with the right set of people. The Ideal way is to meet your hubby/wife in reality, he/she met you in real life, liked what he/she saw(you are his/her specs and desired qualities), went after it and discovered the character was on point and decided to put a ring on it. I take pride in that notion and also respect it.

Sometimes people are forced to accept online characters for a relationship because they feel they have wasted their time so much online that they manage them and end up marrying them even when deep down those online xters are not their spec or desires but they go along with it just to fulfil all righteousness, then start complaining or loose interest fast or use it as reference through out the marriage whenever there is a fight or something.

The greatest joy is for a guy to spot a lady in real life wherever, walk up to her and toast her, or ask her friends to please call her or beg her brother or neighbours to talk to her or develops cold feet to express himself and starts by asking for a book/bible/directions from her or fall into the gutter while asking her out(probably he was fretting) or even chases her all over the place, stalks her etc. Those minute exercise even if it few, gives u pride & confidence.

That doesn't mean you can't marry from Nairaland but why have you ruled out reality? Its too early not to explore real life, why do you want to live your life in the walls of nairaland or meet your spouse here. Its better to try and hang out, visit places, make friends and all before you result to online, never limit yourself. An ugly man that proposes to a lady in real life can be better than online because it was done the right way so challenge yourself. You don't need the perfect guy to experience the perfect love so even if in real you meet an average guy, that to me is better than hoping for a Nairalander to settle down with. But person no see in reality, you fit opt for better handle here. A lot of nice admirable brothers and sisters that are marriage materials on Nairaland.

So you would notice I didn't say Yes or No but if you read my post well, you would get the message smiley.
preach on my sista! cheesy
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by LaParisienne(f): 1:48pm On Feb 13, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Hahahahahaha Whatever that's your opinion. I always try to cover all areas of a topic so people either relate or disregard, its that simple. When people change their mindset and believes, certain circumstances triggers it so my stands have changed. Yes I used to be all romantic and all believing love can happen even on the moon but recent events has got me reasoning differently. Its my opinion and not your business. I don't think I have ever questioned your own decision right from your indecisive relationship thread you created recently.

If my essay irritates you, then you look pass it. Some of your post always sound bitchy, saucy, insulting and too forward but I overlook it as these are mere online encounters and no one owes anyone any explanation or no one would get richer by them. I suggest you also take the advise you gave me, obviously you should be above 21 whats keeping you? Is writing poetry and online love not too much of a distraction when your mates are getting hooked offline and living happily ever after. Its so easy to judge people on here, look for faults and put them to order but there is absolutely nothing wrong in doing the same to ourselves as well. Its called Self Evaluation!

Thanks for your advice though, duly noted! I will pick the reasonable elements in them.

I can see you have too much time in your hands to write long claptraps, your business not mine. You keep changing your mind like a girl changes clothes,  it's a sign of frustration and confusion.

Suddenly you are against online relationships, after creating a thread that promotes just that https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-863443.0.html. Why the change of mind now? Why did you abandon the thread? Is it because Marc made me the center of attraction and you couldn't handle me being in the spotlight?

While you are busy  killing yourself with jealousy and confusion, my online love is miraculousy transforming into a true life story. I know you can't find a man anywhere; online or offline, but you don't need to show everyone how lonely and pathetic your life is.

As for making cheap shots at Marc and I, you are an epic fail. Online or offline, the chances of meeting a man like Marc is one in a million. And the possibilty of him having interest in someone like you is nonexistent. You can never have what I have, so suck it up.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Tosinville(m): 1:55pm On Feb 13, 2012
Cuddlemi, will you become a presenter on my upcoming TV station? talk to much.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:00pm On Feb 13, 2012
La Parisienne:

Cuddle keep writing long essays while your mates are getting married and living happily ever after. There's no rule of thumb on how and where to meet a life partner.

Me thinks you are somewhat confused. Today you don't want to get married cos men are useless and you hate them so much, tomorrow you want to get married. Next tomorrow, you want to meet your hubby in a seminary! Make up your darn mind about what you really want.

hahahhahahahahhahahahahaahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

La mamasita u are just exceptional, d iya apati is obviously day dreaming. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Konnektions146(m): 2:22pm On Feb 13, 2012
na so fight dey take start, love, jealousy, envy etc

i am out, i no fit shouting ooo
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by chelseabmw(m): 3:51pm On Feb 13, 2012
Hell No. . . . . .Not again. . . . . .This online relationship thing doesn't work at all. . . . . Is either the girl plays with u or gives u orders which is not good for a man. . . I met my first girlfriend through the internet but the relationship lasted just for one year,no thanks to her ex boyfriend buying a toyota camry as at then. . .Omo see this yahoo boy just come carry my love comot from my eye because say i dey use bike/okada go school. . . .I learned my lesson. . .u wudn't believe the guys just slept with her and left her again for me. . .this time i made sure she suffers it, i was just playing with her like table tennis. . . . sometimes this online relationship works most times it doesn't at all. . . . I was already getting used to a lady here on NL but . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .at things being equal,i don't want to have anything to do with girls again,especially a nigerian girl. . . . They are just wicked,selfish,bad,proud and slow to kill
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by jmaine: 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2012
Fuuny how people get indoctrinated that there is a particular way certain things have to be done  . . .and that it is only this way, tangible results can be seen and validated . . .Whether you meet a lady online or offline . . the common denominator of accessing each other is present . .It only takes one to arrange for a date and access yourselves  . .if both of you like what you see . .then you can kick off from there . . . toasting a lady on the streets does not mean such lady won't be dumped at the shortest possible time if the guy is the ladies slaughterer type  . . .

But this land called nairaland is so superficial and noisy . . cos you even get scared . .of initiating a move . .even when you do . .you are bound to be swallowed up in the noisy, chaotic and impeding distractions that would frustrate any tangible proceedings . . .

Whether you meet a lady/guy online/offline . . .it doesn't determine how well a relationship would last cos one things is certain . . .Online interactions ends up in offline dates  . .so what is all the fuss about . . .

1 Like

Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Konnektions146(m): 6:54pm On Feb 13, 2012
^^^
imagine hw much i so love dis comment
, so on point
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Flashaldrin(m): 8:23pm On Feb 13, 2012
chances of finding a perfect match online is seriously slim, like 2%
cos most of this handles are just fronts, many people here are not half of what they portray here online
so if you go by the attractiveness of their usernames or by their posts, you will be disappointed when you get to meet them offline
just like sexkillz admitted he's as quiet as a mouse offline lipsrsealed
dont be surprised that Mr. cork might be the a very gentle loving mature man offline undecided
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Vansnickers: 11:00pm On Feb 13, 2012
Why can't People just share their Opinions without fighting, is it too Hard? SMH undecided
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 13, 2012
U can meet ur man or woman anywhre evn in a Molue.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by LaParisienne(f): 11:14pm On Feb 13, 2012
Van snickers:

Why can't People just share their Opinions without fighting, is it too Hard? SMH undecided
People can't share their opinions without disagreements, go figure.

Idowuogbo:

hahahhahahahahhahahahahaahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!
La mamasita u are just exceptional, d iya apati is obviously day dreaming. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Obviously, she has absconded too. Truth hurts  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by InkedNerd(f): 7:45am On Feb 14, 2012
@OP: Honestly, yes I can. If the guy has qualities that I desire in a man and I have qualities that he desires in a woman, then sure. Aside from my VERY close friends and family, I don't go around telling dudes that I love them so I'd have to really have feelings for the person. The avenues that I used to someone isn't a major concern of mine just as long as the two of us compliment oner another relationship-wise.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 14, 2012
Idungjay:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:56am On Feb 14, 2012
@ Topic

YES!!

I would have married a Nairalander named Toyosis, but she absconded with an Oyibo man.

But if I were to pick one right now, I would marry mutter straight out.

And I would stay far away from Chaircover. That chick is crazy. tongue
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by OAM4J: 2:50pm On Feb 14, 2012
Sure! Why not?

The most important thing thing is to identify the person that is compatible with you.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by sylve11: 3:09pm On Feb 14, 2012
Idungjay:

lol.

sure anything can happen. cool
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by IbroSaunks(m): 3:38pm On Feb 14, 2012
I'm not surprised by the women that used this thread as another opportunity to bash nairalands male users!
@topic. these days what matters is who the person is, and not where you meet the person. albeit risky, I'm sure there have been happy endings.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 14, 2012
lol u meet a woman on nairaland get married to her and u both start making nairaland babies grin grin grin.Then when u have ur differences u bring it to nairaland and turn it into oga and madam drama with some members siding oga nairaland while the rest siding madam nairaland.lol dat had be a very funny sort of marriage grin grin grin
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by badmrkt(m): 3:42pm On Feb 14, 2012
what about that girl/boy you're dating and declaring him/her as the best being on earth,do you whether he/she's a nairalander?
that boy/girl you're being captivated by he/her looks @campus do you know whether he/she's one?
that guy/lady you ran through @ the mall do you have a clue if he/she belongs here?
if it happens i get down with one bros and sis's i'll be very fine.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by tkb417(m): 3:44pm On Feb 14, 2012
as soon as oyinbo give me visa, i wan marry yme

this na public disclosure so all ye murfackers chasing yme shd stop henceforth

cheers
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Freiburger(m): 3:58pm On Feb 14, 2012
I can marry a wowan i met anywhere, anytime. Does the meeting point of couples really play any role on how sucessfull the marriage is going to be?
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:06pm On Feb 14, 2012
tkb417:

as soon as oyinbo give me visa, i wan marry yme

this na public disclosure so all ye murfackers chasing yme shd stop henceforth

cheers

hahahahahaha u don jonzzz

Yme is taken already by d Badosky Units wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Koolking(m): 4:12pm On Feb 14, 2012
jmaine:

Fuuny how people get indoctrinated that there is a particular way certain things have to be done  . . .and that it is only this way, tangible results can be seen and validated . . .Whether you meet a lady online or offline . . the common denominator of accessing each other is present . .It only takes one to arrange for a date and access yourselves  . .if both of you like what you see . .then you can kick off from there . . . toasting a lady on the streets does not mean such lady won't be dumped at the shortest possible time if the guy is the ladies slaughterer type  . . .

But this land called nairaland is so superficial and noisy . . cos you even get scared . .of initiating a move . .even when you do . .you are bound to be swallowed up in the noisy, chaotic and impeding distractions that would frustrate any tangible proceedings . . .

Whether you meet a lady/guy online/offline . . .it doesn't determine how well a relationship would last cos one things is certain . . .Online interactions ends up in offline dates  . .so what is all the fuss about . . .

I was reading thru'. This comment has been the only sane comment so far. Thank you sir. You are a wise man.

In as much as bonding is natural, It's feasible on Nairaland. I expected those who believe in Love to give a second thought. People bond even in the mist of the hopeless situation they find themselves, how much more a carefree world like nairaland
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by tkb417(m): 4:20pm On Feb 14, 2012
Idowuogbo:

hahahahahaha u don jonzzz

Yme is taken already by d Badosky Units wink cheesy cheesy
who be those?

badosky no dey fear flipmode squad?

i no dey joke with my babe oh
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by iykak47: 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2012
Never you say never, i can marry a nairalander or [b]yuan[/b]lander kiss,  all options are on the table(apologies to yanky politicians}
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by success4(m): 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2012
Understanding matters! cool
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by citous(m): 4:35pm On Feb 14, 2012
Yes I sure can. The individual determines what steps are taken and not the meeting point. If you feel the person is the one for you, carry go. But shine your eyes when making this decision.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 14, 2012
how can you even meet someone on nairaland when all the regular posters are the same people you meet day in day out, on this romamce board. There is no chance of meeting somebody new. So getting hooked up here is a pipedream that most of us know. What a silly thread.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Wislet(f): 4:44pm On Feb 14, 2012
chelseabmw:

Hell No. . . . . .Not again. . . . . .This online relationship thing doesn't work at all. . . . . Is either the girl plays with u or gives u orders which is not good for a man. . . I met my first girlfriend through the internet but the relationship lasted just for one year,no thanks to her ex boyfriend buying a toyota camry as at then. . .Omo see this yahoo boy just come carry my love comot from my eye because say i dey use bike/okada go school. . . .I learned my lesson. . .u wudn't believe the guys just slept with her and left her again for me. . .this time i made sure she suffers it, i was just playing with her like table tennis. . . . sometimes this online relationship works most times it doesn't at all. . . . I was already getting used to a lady here on NL but . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .at things being equal,i don't want to have anything to do with girls again,especially a nigerian girl. . . . They are just wicked,selfish,bad,proud and slow to kill
not all dear. Don't generalize. There are plenty lovely, well brought up ones.
badmrkt:

what about that girl/boy you're dating and declaring him/her as the best being on earth,do you whether he/she's a nairalander?
that boy/girl you're being captivated by he/her looks @campus do you know whether he/she's one?
that guy/lady you ran through @ the mall do you have a clue if he/she belongs here?
if it happens i get down with one bros and sis's i'll be very fine.
Tell them bro. Some people think they make sense when they open their mouth.
tom28:

lol u meet a woman on nairaland get married to her and u both start making nairaland babies grin grin grin.Then when u have ur differences u bring it to nairaland and turn it into oga and madam drama with some members siding oga nairaland while the rest siding madam nairaland.lol dat had be a very funny sort of marriage grin grin grin
only KIDS think this way/do the above.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Konnektions146(m): 4:45pm On Feb 14, 2012
diluminati:

how can you even meet someone on nairaland when all the regular posters are the same people you meet day in day out, on this romamce board. There is no chance of meeting somebody new. So getting hooked up here is a pipedream that most of us know. What a silly thread.
nwayooo
take am easy sister, to comment no be by force,
lets watch how we use certain languages

, just my tot!
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Or Guy U Meet On Nairaland? by Wislet(f): 4:51pm On Feb 14, 2012
Meeting someone on nairaland? Won't u get to meet the person LIVE?? Are they not the same people you see everyday? Are they invisible? Smh.
How can u marry someone u haven't MET in FLESH AND BLOOD?
U meet, discuss, get to know each other better. The real you, no more a username.
The person becomes to you an everyday person, no more a title.
Nairalnders are human beings, not ghosts.
The topic sounds ridiculous. Hmm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Family Background And Relationships / I'm Attracted To My Friend's Wife...what Do I Do? / What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.