Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10011) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8747300 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10008) (10009) (10010) (10011) (10012) (10013) (10014) ... (14156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 6:51pm On Apr 25, 2021
Illimitable:
I can’t believe Mourinho got Spurs to the final only to come and park the bus.

He cannot even give the fans some sort of entertainment in Wembley. He should know by now the world has moved on from negative football - he’s the only manager left in Europe that still uses this toxic strategy to win final games.

Oh wait!

You expect mou negativity to leave the team in 2 games.

Our heads are for reasoning.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:51pm On Apr 25, 2021
Illimitable:

Failure is in his genes like Ole.

He’s presided over a club that has won nothing in 14 years. In any other organization, Levy would have resigned for failing in his primary objective.

If there’s any manager capable of beating Pep in this competition, it’s Jose. He sacked Jose and now he is the only looking like the slowpoke. I am happy Spurs fans witnessed the game and will all go home heartbroken.

It’s the least they deserve.

Pep’s only final loss was against his nemesis - Mourinho!

Jose lost the UEFA Super cup 2003 to Ancelotti
Jose lost the UEFA super cup 2013 to Guardiola
Jose lost the UEFA super cup 2017 to Zidane
Jose lost the FA cup 2018 to Cuntay

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:52pm On Apr 25, 2021
patrickmuf:
This my gang members sef...Una too like violence...

If we win the Europa League, I inow say fight go still dey here... grin grin grin

Yoruba league is useless, we need UCL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 6:52pm On Apr 25, 2021
Illimitable:

Are you sure about that? cheesy

Let me find the game stats of Poch’s last game against City.

30 Pep shots to Poch’s 3.

The revisionism on this thread is laughable. You people move the goalposts or change the narrative as the result changes.

Lol Poch's last game against City? You mean when everything had turned upside down with Poch and he was about to get the sack?

Poch's time was up. They were all playing like they had no motivation or something. The next best thing to do was to defend. If things stopped working for Pep, he'd be very defensive. I think even this season, after that bad patch of games, Pep went defensive for a long stretch of games.

But Mourinho has always been defensive from day one. I can't start to count how many times I've seen Spurs fall back to defend after going a goal up. Even when they were doing very well o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:53pm On Apr 25, 2021
raumdeuter:

Maintaining this same energy, mention the finals he won.

grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:53pm On Apr 25, 2021
patrickmuf:
The same trophies you said was local...Big managers win UCLs

You all dared Pep to come prove himself in England and he has turned it into a punching bag
3 league titles in the last 4 almost sealed

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 6:54pm On Apr 25, 2021
handelex:
Ole clearly expected Bielsa to set Leeds up similarly to the first game, whilst Bielsa did anything but.

Leeds played for a point and set up a low block. This meant Dan James was pretty much useless and whilst McTominay and Fred were excellent at breaking up play, they don't offer enough creativity to unlock a packed defence.

Think it's safe to say that Cavani and Pogba should've been on sooner, but then you risk Leeds reverting to their usual style.

All in all, not a bad result, but obviously not a great one. This team beat City and drew with Liverpool, and have played far less games this season than us. Top 4 is all but wrapped up so a few draws at the end of the season whilst we focus on getting some actual silverware is far from the end of the world.

Copied.
Time for ageeennnnndaaaaaa!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 6:54pm On Apr 25, 2021
KingAlabi:

I don quit betting boss grin
Dem dey quit? grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:54pm On Apr 25, 2021
Expert17:

Maintaining this same energy, mention the finals he won.

grin

Mourinho is no stranger to final losses is the point

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 6:54pm On Apr 25, 2021
eph12:

They have done very well. Really impressive. But watch them play against a smaller team and lose now angry
I wouldn't be surprised grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 6:54pm On Apr 25, 2021
Illimitable:

Are you sure about that? cheesy

Let me find the game stats of Poch’s last game against City.

30 Pep shots to Poch’s 3.

The revisionism on this thread is laughable. You people move the goalposts or change the narrative as the result changes.

What I Don't understand is how you expect any manager with an IQ over 80 to play attacking football in today's game. A week after taking the job. In a Cup final.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:55pm On Apr 25, 2021
raumdeuter:

Mourinho is no stranger to final losses is the point

He is also the best man to beat Pep.

Not even Sir Alex Ferguson.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:56pm On Apr 25, 2021
ChristoBam:

Lol Poch's last game against City? You mean when everything had turned upside down with Poch and he was about to get the sack?

Poch's time was up. They were all playing like they had no motivation or something. The next best thing to do was to defend. If things stopped working for Pep, he'd be very defensive. I think even this season, after that bad patch of games, Pep went defensive for a long stretch of games.

But Mourinho has always been defensive from day one. I can't start to count how many times I've seen Spurs fall back to defend after going a goal up. Even when they were doing very well o.

Mourinho’s defensiveness has beaten Pep. He’s beaten Pep twice in the last 12 months or so.

One of those victories was without Harry Kane.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 6:56pm On Apr 25, 2021
KingTom:

Dem dey quit? grin
Yes oh, I don't easily get addicted to something. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2021
ChristoBam:

What I Don't understand is how you expect any manager with an IQ over 80 to play attacking football in today's game. A week after taking the job. In a Cup final.

Who do you think will do a better job defending Mourinho or Mason?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Aflix(m): 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2021
patrickmuf:
This Foden doesn't play like he's an Englishman at all...The boy is just too good.
Lol....are you saying English men are not too good
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2021
Expert17:

He is also the best man to beat Pep.

Not even Sir Alex Ferguson.

The man that has become a punching bag for Pep

13 losses 7 wins Mourinho vs Pep

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 6:58pm On Apr 25, 2021
ChristoBam:

Spurs been playing defensive style of football for almost 2 years now. It's what they've been drilled to do.

Is a new manager that just took the job last week supposed to play attacking football in a cup final?

The guy talks rubbish most times, e dey shock me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 6:59pm On Apr 25, 2021
Matteo darmian scores another winner, truly there's no place like home grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 6:59pm On Apr 25, 2021
Illimitable:

Mourinho’s defensiveness has beaten Pep. He’s beaten Pep twice in the last 12 months or so.

One of those victories was without Harry Kane.

What point are you trying to make gangan?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by popizaino(m): 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2021
raumdeuter:

Louder pls
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2021
raumdeuter:

Common sense is never common.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2021
raumdeuter:

You all dared Pep to come prove himself in England and he has turned it into a punching bag
And you said the EPL, FA Cup and Caraboa Cup are lcoal trophies, you said it, not me...Receipts abound.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2021
raumdeuter:

He won nothing in his debut season - that has already put him behind Conte, Mourinho, Pellegrini, Ranieri and Ancelotti who won the PL within 9 months of taking their respective jobs.

Pep has also failed to win 3 league titles in a row. SAF did it twice. With the amount of money he’s had to spend plus the full backing he’s got from the Arab owners, it’s a disgrace it took Pep 5 different attempts to make his first CL semifinal.

PL has been Pep’s worst record in his career. He’s lucky he works for a small club with bottomless funds. Pep himself said he would have been sacked in a big club with the results he posted in his debut season.

City is a small club so they couldn’t sack him. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:02pm On Apr 25, 2021
Aflix:
Lol....are you saying English men are not good
Y for Yes...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:02pm On Apr 25, 2021
raumdeuter:

SuperCup isn’t a final.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
ChristoBam:

What point are you trying to make gangan?
That spurs stands a better chance with Jose than with Mason?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
Expert17:

Yoruba league is useless, we need UCL.
Hehehe abeg make we win am, e don tey wey I celebrate trophy...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
raumdeuter:

The man that has become a punching bag for Pep

13 losses 7 wins Mourinho vs Pep

Show us Pep's H2H with other great managers (SAF, Ancelloti, Wenger, etc) lets check something grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
Illimitable:

SuperCup isn’t a final.

Its a semi final

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
Illimitable:

SuperCup isn’t a final.
lol, wetin e come be?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2021
Expert17:

Show us Pep's H2H with other great managers (SAF, Ancelloti, Wenger, etc) lets check something grin

Pep vs Klopp

9 wins 9 losses

That is a real rival

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10008) (10009) (10010) (10011) (10012) (10013) (10014) ... (14156) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Santos07, iykmora(m), Pegasus01, odizeey(m), ForValour, MRTA7 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.