Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,341 members, 7,864,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:10 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1022) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8876766 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by luxanne(f): 10:16am On Sep 17, 2014
JayKayMaybachz: @Luxanne ... how far na ? yhu don dhey see our boi Welbeck so? grin

I dey o...azin ehn, had my face in my palm for him tru the game, couldn't afford to see him flop. Really did wish for him to fare well over there in arsenal cuz no matter which club our boys are playing in, they still remain our boys.

And according to recent updates today, wenger is still optimistic about him succeeding there and pleaded for fans to be patient with him(welbeck), saying he needs time to show what he's worth, I just hope its not for too long tho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:19am On Sep 17, 2014
luxanne:

I dey o...azin ehn, had my face in my palm for him tru the game, couldn't afford to see him flop. Really did wish for him to fare well over there in arsenal cuz no matter which club our boys are playing in, they still remain our boys.

And according to recent updates today, wenger is still optimistic about him succeeding there and pleaded for fans to be patient with him(welbeck), saying he needs time to show what he's worth, I just hope its not for too long tho.
Yeah ah wish him well tooo ... buh thanks stars, he's gone .... pheeeeeeewwww !! I can't imagine Welbeck Spear-heading our attack

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:22am On Sep 17, 2014
barackohandso: This one wey una dey attack guardiola for here, make dayokanu catch una
Leh him go & die ... he is as $hitty as his master ...Pú$$y A$$ Skunks
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by luxanne(f): 10:38am On Sep 17, 2014
coogar: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1710550_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1710551_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

it's better not to qualify at all to play in the champions league than to play this poorly.

I tell you, this is bad like really bad. Smh!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:44am On Sep 17, 2014
RuuDie:
We have been making excuses for Welbeck since he was 9 at the UTD academy... and that just has to stop if the guy will ever outgrow this useless childishness. He had three or four good chances; two of which he was racing towards goal with just about only the goalie to beat and somehow managed to miss.
Welbeck and Immobile are about the same age - but the difference between them is CLEARLY clear!
Anyway, that is Arsenal's headache now!!

3 or 4 good chances? did we watch the same game? arsenal created next to nothing last night and you can't blame welbeck entirely for that. how many scoring attempts did the team make & you want to crucify welbeck for that?

the only difference between immobile & welbeck last night was that more chances were created for immobile. dortmund should have scored about 8 goals if they weren't so wasteful in front of goal.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1711847_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1711848_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

luxanne:
I tell you, this is bad like really bad. Smh!

but ruudie would rather blame welbeck for the stüpidity of ozil & wilshere.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 11:29am On Sep 17, 2014
A Telegraph writer who is incidentally an Arsenal fan wrote this.......

In 1993 cult film Groundhog Day, Bill Murray's
character Phil wakes up to live the same day
over and again. At first it's fun, interesting, but
the novelty soon wears off and Phil tires of his
monotonous daily existence. In one memorably
deadpan montage, things get so bad that he
starts finding new ways to end his own life. He
jumps off a church ledge, steps out in front of
a van, and takes a toaster to the bath - but
each time the alarm goes at 6am the next
morning and Phil wakes up with the same
Sonny and Cher song playing on the radio. "I
got you babe".
Only 36 hours after transfer deadline day and
Arsenal fans (of which I am one) would be
forgiven for wondering whether they are
trapped inside their very own Groundhog Day.
Another new season is already being marked by
the same old stories. First, an injury crisis
ahead of the key Champions League qualifier
against Besiktas (which they went on to win,
entering European football's premier
competition for the 17th straight season). And
now, the transfer window closes in sneakingly
anti-climactic fashion.
Yes, Alexis Sanchez is the type of signing that
gets fans renewing season tickets; yes,
Mathieu Debuchy , Calum Chambers and
David Ospina all appear reasonable
replacements for exiting stars. And yes, even
the capture of Danny Welbeck may turn out
to be a masterstroke. But where was the
incoming midfield muscle that Arsenal have
lacked since Alex Song hastened his own
departure to Barcelona over two years ago?
Where were the reinforcements that the team's
paper thin defence so palpably needs? What
happened to all those nearly almost completed
deals?
The sneaking suspicion is that after showing
early intent, Arsene Wenger and Arsenal have
failed to keep up with the 'Top 4 Joneses'
during yet another transfer window. It's like
the alarm has ticked over to 6am and the
same story is about to happen all over again.
Nine predictions for the next nine
months...
1. September to October - A solid start raises
early season hopes. Despite their
underwhelming first three games to this year's
season, Arsenal traditionally start well: they've
been in the top four by the end of October
five times in the last seven years.
The early season promise reached its zenith
last year, when Aaron Ramsey ran amok in
September and October to propel Arsenal to
the top of the table nine games in. That's not
to say that the 2013-14 campaign turned out
any differently to the normal Groundhog
Season, however.
2. October to November - Squad limitations
become apparent. Arsenal's longstanding issue
with big teams continues. They struggle to
assert themselves against Manchester United
and Borussia Dortmund, while Chelsea enjoy a
comfortable victory at Stamford Bridge, where
Cesc Fabregas artfully bulldozes Mikel Arteta
in midfield.
Outmuscling: Former captain Cesc Fabregas
could prove too strong for Mikel Arteta
3. December - Results improve as the transfer
window beckons. Arsenal are linked with a host
of names during the month, including Sami
Khedira , William Carvalho, Adrien Rabiot ,
and every other deep-lying midfielder who
looks like he could beat Arteta in an arm
wrestle. But the month's opposition - including
Southampton, Newcastle, QPR and West Ham -
prove little problem for Arsenal, and Wenger
insists in his post-match interviews that he is
happy with his squad and is only interested in
bringing in "top, top quality".
December also sees the return of Wenger's
famed 15 tog Michelin Man coat.
Keeping warm: Arsene Wenger will dig out
his 15-tog sleeping bag in December
4. January - Wenger announces 'signing' as the
transfer window closes. While his top four
opponents add to their squads, Wenger speaks
only of how much he dislikes the January
transfer window. Midway through the month,
Arsenal travel to Manchester City in a game
that's billed - somewhat hopefully - as a test of
their title credentials. They lose.
When asked about the possibility of new
signings after the game, Wenger says that the
return of Oliver Giroud, now recovered from
his broken ankle, is "like a new signing". It's
not - and it wouldn't be the defensive-minded
signing the team needs anyway - but no
matter. We've been here before and, most
likely, we'll be here again.
Returning: Olivier Giroud will be back in
January and like a 'new signing'
5. February - Injuries take their toll. After
playing two 90-minute games a week since
early September, Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil
and Aaron Ramsey suffer the first in what turns
out to be a series of muscular problems that
effectively curtail their seasons.
6. March - Arsenal go out of the Champions
League. Having finished second in their group
to Borussia Dortmund, Arsenal draw Bayern
Munich in the Round of 16. They lose, exiting
the competition at the same stage for the fifth
straight year in a row.
7. April - Flat track bullies get flattened.
Arsenal's annual spring implosion coincides
with the visits of Liverpool and Chelsea, who
take advantage of an injury-ravaged squad that
visibly lacks confidence. Expect tennis-style
scorelines.
Mathieu Flamini is suspended for either one or
both of these games, having picked up a yellow
card in every one of his previous 10 substitute
appearances.
8. April to May - The Emirates empties. With
every passing home game, the number of
empty red seats grows, spreading like chicken
pox through the crowd....but Arsenal continue
to announce attendances of over 59,000.
Dejected: An early Champions League finish
could feature in March
9. May - Arsenal finish fourth in the Premier
League. The club has now finished either third
or fourth for 10 seasons in a row (seven
fourths, three thirds).
They qualify for the Champions League for the
18th straight season.
As the team complete their lap of honour and
thanks in their final home game of the season,
'I Got You Babe' plays out over the tannoy at
the Emirates.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:56am On Sep 17, 2014
coogar:

3 or 4 good chances? did we watch the same game? arsenal created next to nothing last night and you can't blame welbeck entirely for that. how many scoring attempts did the team make & you want to crucify welbeck for that?

the only difference between immobile & welbeck last night was that more chances were created for immobile. dortmund should have scored about 8 goals if they weren't so wasteful in front of goal.

but ruudie would rather blame welbeck for the stüpidity of ozil & wilshere.

If you had been in the 16th century, the pendulum would have been named after you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSanXGIInus

Now you tell me who watched the match and who didn't!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
Keky: Those gloating at Welbeck, has the 'World Class' Van Persie scored any goal this season?

if you want to make comparisons, try using forwards within Welbeck's age and playing bracket... and honestly assess for yourself if he is doing better!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 12:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
grin grin and, that's a true arsenal fan... their season and wenger has become so predictable.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
4. Welbeck has to be more clinical in front of goal

Arsenal carved out two clear opportunities for Danny Welbeck and the £16m man’s finishing was so inept that one effort was off target and the other did not even register with Uefa statisticians as an attempt on goal . Manchester United’s manager, Louis van Gaal, was damning in his analysis of the 23-year-old’s goal record and on nights like this when chances are all too rare – he missed a third after the interval – Welbeck needs to develop a ruthless streak if he is to banish doubts about his ability at the highest level. The same can be said of Olivier Giroud, ironically, and Welbeck must prove himself a conclusive upgrade.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/borussia-dortmund-vs-arsenal-five-things-we-learnt-including-danny-welbeck-must-be-more-clinical-and-hector-bellerin-debut-9736894.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
RuuDie:
If you had been in the 16th century, the pendulum would have been named after you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSanXGIInus

Now you tell me who watched the match and who didn't!

3 chances are different to 3 good chances. immobile had 5 chances & scored one of them. welbeck had only 3 chances....where's the comparison? balotelli had 7 chances to score one.

the more chances created, the more likelihood a goal would be scored. arsenal didn't create enough to even have the gall to blame welbeck for their lack of goals. that's my stance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2014

Arsenal carved out two clear opportunities for Danny Welbeck and the £16m man’s finishing was so inept that one effort was off target and the other did not even register with Uefa statisticians as an attempt on goal . Manchester United’s manager, Louis van Gaal, was damning in his analysis of the 23-year-old’s goal record and on nights like this when chances are all too rare – he missed a third after the interval – Welbeck needs to develop a ruthless streak if he is to banish doubts about his ability at the highest level. The same can be said of Olivier Giroud, ironically, and Welbeck must prove himself a conclusive upgrade.

i thought ruudie said it was 4 chances, now it's 2? grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
@ coogar

You can try that your usual *ish with elampiro... e no go work with me!!! If you like shift the goal-post from Orile to Obalende, you have been found out!
You have two choices - humbly accept that you did not watch the game and just used stats to cover up or deny and forever have you NL-footie-punditry reputation tainted!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
RuuDie: @ coogar
You can try that your usual *ish with elampiro... e no go work with me!!! If you like shift the goal-post from Orile to Obalende, you have been found out!
You have two choices - humbly accept that you did not watch the game and just used stats to cover up or deny and forever have you NL-footie-punditry reputation tainted!

footie-punditry reputation tainted? you have a better chance joining the kkk. cheesy

i said arsenal didn't create enough chances for welbeck to really take advantage of.....

you said i am making excuses for welbeck cos he had 4 chances he should have scored from.

i questioned the number you quoted & asked if we really saw the same game.

you went to youtube to scoop out a video that showed welbeck had only one good chance & 3 half-chances.

you also went on daily independent that said welbeck only had 2 good chances, contrary to the 4 you had claimed earlier.....

and i am the one to worry about my footie-punditry? ruudie, withdraw that statement before i send an aggressive amadioha to chop your moustache into half.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
coogar:

the only difference between immobile & welbeck last night was that more chances were created for immobile. dortmund should have scored about 8 goals if they weren't so wasteful in front of goal

The bolded there is you quoting me exactly about the number of chances I mentioned.

coogar:
i thought ruudie said it was 4 chances, now it's 2? grin cheesy

Then you come here to say I said 4. Should we now start calling you TWISTA...!!?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 2:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
coogar:

footie-punditry reputation tainted? you have a better chance joining the kkk. cheesy

i said arsenal didn't create enough chances for welbeck to really take advantage of.....

you said i am making excuses for welbeck cos he had 4 chances he should have scored from.

i questioned the number you quoted & asked if we really saw the same game.

you went to youtube to scoop out a video that showed welbeck had only one good chance & 3 half-chances.

you also went on daily independent that said welbeck only had 2 good chances, contrary to the 4 you had claimed earlier.....

and i am the one to worry about my footie-punditry? ruudie, withdraw that statement before i send an aggressive amadioha to chop your moustache into half.

The amadioha you're calling is probably so disappointed at your lame attempt to save face that it is ashamed to even be remotely associated to you!

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 3:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
RuuDie:
We have been making excuses for Welbeck since he was 9 at the UTD academy... and that just has to stop if the guy will ever outgrow this useless childishness. He had three or four good chances; two of which he was racing towards goal with just about only the goalie to beat and somehow managed to miss.
Welbeck and Immobile are about the same age - but the difference between them is CLEARLY clear!

RuuDie:
The bolded there is you quoting me exactly about the number of chances I mentioned.
Then you come here to say I said 4. Should we now start calling you TWISTA...!!?

Anyway, that is Arsenal's headache now!!

by ruudie's logic, 3 or 4 chances cannot be 4 chances?? grin cheesy

RuuDie:
The amadioha you're calling is probably so disappointed at your lame attempt to save face that it is ashamed to even be remotely associated to you!

you embarrass yourself publicly when you twist your statements. are you suffering from selective amnesia? you said it yourself welbeck had 3 or 4 chances - that means 3 or 4 scoring chances.

if i then mention 4, how did i err? you mentioned 4 yourself earlier so how did i err by quoting you verbatim? it seems many of you forget whatever you post can & will be used against you.

you said 3 or 4, your daily independent URlink said 2 chances. so which is which? did you watch the game or you are relaying the commentary of larry izamoje to us? the amadioha i call upon is sonar-equipped, it would echo-locate you & combust your moustache by 75%

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
@ coogar

I refuse to be derailed...

After watching the clip and reading the excerpt of the report, did Welbeck miss chances (good ones at that) or not!!? Or is it photoshop?

The rate at which you're going, you will have to sacrifice two cows to the gods of football for blasphemy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
RuuDie: @ coogar

I refuse to be derailed...

After watching the clip and reading the excerpt of the report, did Welbeck miss chances (good ones at that) or not!!? Or is it photoshop?

The rate at which you're going, you will have to sacrifice two cows to the gods of football for blasphemy.

uncle ruudie, i never said welbeck didn't miss chances. i said arsenal didn't create enough chances for him. emphasis on "enough". the conversion rates of most strikers is below 25%....which means they need about 5 clear chances to score a goal.

we all know welbeck has never been clinical in front of goal, how many strikers are clinical sef? ronaldo needs 11 shots to score a goal. why do you want to hang danny by fire by force? did danny steal your babe?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
Stoke City go win this Schalke cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
Nani scores for Sporting
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
chrisley024: Stoke City go win this Schalke cry

You were saying?

Bundeslig vs EPL 3 games 2 wins 1 draw

Schalke that have 1 point in 3 BL games just held Chelsea to a draw.

I heard Chelsea were even lucky sef. Dem think say na the useless EPL they would win in December be this
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
chrisley024: Nani scores for Sporting

it was a thunderbolt!
we better bring nani back if he rediscovers his form at sporting. he would be a good weapon to bring on from the bench. he played really well tonight.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
raumdeuter:

You were saying?

Bundeslig vs EPL 3 games 2 wins 1 draw

Schalke that have 1 point in 3 BL games just held Chelsea to a draw.

I heard Chelsea were even lucky sef. Dem think say na the useless EPL they would win in December be this
Which lucky?. Chelsea that played old Drogba as their CF.
Ofcourse you know how the return leg scoreline will look like
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
chrisley024: Which lucky?. Chelsea that played old Drogba as their CF.

if bayern lose the return leg, dayo would tell you they lost cos it's a dead rubber game. it seems you dunno dayo. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
chrisley024: Which lucky?. Chelsea that played old Drogba as their CF.

You no see schalke played a 19yr old Central defender

Which return leg? When only one epl team could manage a win via a last minute ojoro penalty
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
coogar:

if bayern lose the return leg, dayo would tell you they lost cos it's a dead rubber game. it seems you dunno dayo. grin

If Bayern has already qualified then its dead rubber.

Every season the first games between Bayern and citeh has always ended in complete embarrasment for the epl champions

Total shots 21 - 8
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
coogar:

it was a thunderbolt!
we better bring nani back if he rediscovers his form at sporting. he would be a good weapon to bring on from the bench. he played really well tonight.
that's if the hope and belief ín him there toGether with the run of games helps him discover some consistency.

A 2011/2012(his best season, not too sure which year again) nani in this current united side would be immense.

All the religious brothers in the house, remember to pray regularly for him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
United fans so want to be involved in the CL they're discussing an ex-player's performance. cheesy cheesy

Not to worry - Danny will come good. Lewa missed arguably better chances today and no one is calling for his head yet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:23pm On Sep 17, 2014
debosky: United fans so want to be involved in the CL they're discussing an ex-player's performance. cheesy cheesy

Not to worry - Danny will come good. Lewa missed arguably better chances today and no one is calling for his head yet.

nani is on loan - he's not an ex player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 10:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
debosky: United fans so want to be involved in the CL they're discussing an ex-player's performance. cheesy cheesy

lol..if arsenal manage to qualify for the UCL next season Arse wenger will be awarded a certificate of attendance... Arsenal is the running gag of Europe...

(1) (2) (3) ... (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: kizolo(m), Ijustwantto and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.