Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8794051 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10525) (10526) (10527) (10528) (10529) (10530) (10531) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:40pm On Jul 29, 2021
TrebleChamp:
That argument really weak me. The bolded though, you are wicked Doc grin grin

How na? I was just illustrating a point. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2021
patrickmuf:
Mengi will likely stay...

Mengi should go on loan. If not now then in January. Those guys need serious minutes.

It is long term benching that has finished Tuanzebe. The guy is worse now than he was 2 years ago.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:54pm On Jul 29, 2021
afrodoc2:

Mengi should go on loan. If not now then in January. Those guys need serious minutes.

It is long term benching that has finished Tuanzebe. The guy is worse now than he was 2 years ago.

If Mengi goes on loan, we'll be left with 3 CBs for a whole Season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2021
Oasis007:

If Mengi goes on loan, we'll be left with 3 CBs for a whole Season.

Bailly is there. We coped last season.

Last season we coped with Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Jones.

This season it will be Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, Varane, Jones.

Only difference is instead of Tuanzebe we have Varane.

We have to think long term. Defenders have to get minutes at 19, 20 yrs and make the mistakes early not get to age 22, 23 and still be playing like a rookie cos your club has been benching you for years.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2021
Fish can stay with the Under-23s for 1 more season and be co-opted if there is an injury crisis.

Recalling Mengi too early will be repeating the mistake made with Tuanzebe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2021
afrodoc2:

We have to think long term. Defenders have to get minutes at 19, 20 yrs and make the mistakes early not get to age 22, 23 and still be playing like a rookie cos your club has been benching you for years.

I agree Mengi needs to play regular football this Season, jez afraid we'll be too thin at the back. Everyone knows Jones would return to where he belongs. Bailly also would be visiting him time to time.

Doc...... imagine one of the 3 remaining CBs is out for like 4 to 6 Weeks, ain't we gonna be in serious problem?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:13pm On Jul 29, 2021
Oasis007:

I agree Mengi needs to play regular football this Season, jez afraid we'll be too thin at the back. Everyone knows Jones would return to where he belongs. Bailly also would be visiting him time to time.

Doc...... imagine one of the 3 remaining CBs is out for like 4 to 6 Weeks, ain't we gonna be in serious problem?

The club should release Jones and the manager should stop deceiving himself that Jones will soon be back.

I am telling you if we bench Mengi this season and next season he too will lose whatever chance he had of making it here.

He needs to get minutes this season and then next season can come back to try and compete for the 3rd defender slot.

Tuanzebe and Mengi need to go on loan and get a good run of games and come back with confidence and reputation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:13pm On Jul 29, 2021
patrickmuf:
That's why before shouting sell/bin/loan, we have to look at the bigger picture...

We have McFred, VDB, Bruno, Pereira, Matic (I'd use him as a bargaining chip to get Brozovic if we fail to land our other targets for the CDM role), Pogba (Uncertainty over his future), Lingard (Uncertainty over his future), and Mata (Legs are gone)...

Most of those youngsters will be sent on loan whilst others continue with the U-23 set up...

From what is being reported, our next move in the market will depend on what happens with Pogba and others who might leave thus we might need to see where we are headed with Pogba before deciding on what to do with the likes of Pereira and co.

Omo our case critical o, if you look am well we still never gather squad embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:14pm On Jul 29, 2021
TheLequte:

We don solve this quiz before. Na me first name all the players cool

You wey put Lukaku grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:14pm On Jul 29, 2021
afrodoc2:

The club should release Jones and the manager should stop deceiving himself that Jones will soon be back.

I am telling you if we bench Mengi this season and next season he too will lose whatever chance he had of making it here.

He needs to get minutes this season and then next season can come back to try and compete for the 3rd defender slot.

Tuanzebe and Mengi need to go on loan and get a good run of games and come back with confidence and reputation.

Hopefully Fish gonna be kept with U23 just in case.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:17pm On Jul 29, 2021
afrodoc2:

You still dey count Jones grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2021
afrodoc2:

You know the story of Harry Stafford and his dog and how they saved Manchester United?

Yeah. The Major. Interesting story. Wonder how he co-ordinated things then given his many roles in the club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2021
elrony:

You wey put Lukaku grin grin

Worthy mention grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2021
TheLequte:

Worthy mention grin grin grin

cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2021
afrodoc2:

Can we trust Maguire, Varane, Lindelof and Bailly for a whole season?

Maybe McTom can be the emergency 5th CB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2021
Oasis007:

Hopefully Fish gonna be kept with U23 just in case.
I thought I heard the commentator saying Fish is going out on loan or thereabout...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:27pm On Jul 29, 2021
elrony:

Omo our case critical o, if you look am well we still never gather squad embarassed
Na Pogba issue dey spoil plans...If he is not signing, let him be gone so we can sign 2 more midfielders (1 CDM and 1 CM), Ndidi/Bissouma and Neves/Camavinga
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 29, 2021
Oasis007:

.... and Fish will play with U23 this Season. If it comes to worse, he can be drafted.
Fish is reportedly going out on loan so is Axel. Mengi will likely stay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2021
handelex:
Fish is reportedly going out on loan so is Axel. Mengi will likely stay.

patrickmuf:
I thought I heard the commentator saying Fish is going out on loan or thereabout...

OGS has a Decision to make here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:31pm On Jul 29, 2021
Tuanzebe should be loaned to an EPL team, let see what he can do at the top level and consistently...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2021
patrickmuf:
Tuanzebe should be loaned to an EPL team, let see what he can do at the top level and consistently...
Newcastle is interested in him. If Chelsea can get upto 20mil pounds for Guehi we can get that or even more for Axel. I don’t seriously see him making it at United sadly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 29, 2021
Oasis007:

OGS wanna keep 5 CBs for the whole Season. Jones won't play more than 2 Matches then his Season gonna be over.

Bailly gonna be visiting him time to time as Season is progressing. We'll be left with Varane, Lindelof and Maguire for most part of the Season.

I hope OGS knows what he's doing by sending Axel on Loan, except he plans to keep Mengi.

Definitely keeping Mengi. Tuanzebe isn’t convincing.

Though, OGS will most likely play Maguire and Varane through all the league and continental matches. Using the others in Carabao and F.A
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2021
elrony:

You still dey count Jones grin grin grin

No be your manager talk say he go soon return?
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:54pm On Jul 29, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Definitely keeping Mengi. Tuanzebe isn’t convincing.

Though, OGS will most likely play Maguire and Varane through all the league and continental matches. Using the others in Carabao and F.A

I disagree....... Lindelof is not a Dunce or wash-up CB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:55pm On Jul 29, 2021
handelex:
Newcastle is interested in him. If Chelsea can get upto 20mil pounds for Guehi we can get that or even more for Axel. I don’t seriously see him making it at United sadly.

Guehi is coming off the hype of regular football. Tuanzebe is coming off 2 disappointing seasons playing nothing.
Sadly, I agree with you as well. I think the ship has sailed on his career here.

I don’t recognise the shaky and reactive defender he has become. He also does not look as comfortable with the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:55pm On Jul 29, 2021
patrickmuf:

He's joining Newcastle United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:56pm On Jul 29, 2021
Oasis007:

Great. I like that. Let us see what he can do in a mid-table side. Assuming they will be mid-table.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 29, 2021
afrodoc2:

Guehi is coming off the hype of regular football. Tuanzebe is coming off 2 disappointing seasons playing nothing.
Sadly, I agree with you as well. I think the ship has sailed on his career here.

I don’t recognise the shaky and reactive defender he has become. He also does not look as comfortable with the ball.
I wonder what happened to him after that solid performance against PSG undecided

There’s a very good defender in there but something is holding him back. Someone I thought will be a Koulibaly regen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 2:12pm On Jul 29, 2021
KingAlabi:

Good point

But you forgot to add, right murtough. angry grin
We don’t know about Murtough’s political orientation yet. He may be a leftist grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:16pm On Jul 29, 2021
Oasis007:

Hopefully he gets game time...

handelex:
It's a loan deal...I still think the club’s hierarchy thinks he can make it here...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2021
TrebleChamp:
For those arguing that the absence of fans at stadium didn't affect Clubs finances, please read this article. I am not joining the argument ooh, just showing you guys what i saw on BBC...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57992366
Anyone who said absence of fans did not affect club’s finances is quite deluded or intentionally being silly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueMann: 2:54pm On Jul 29, 2021
Mengi kor Nengi ni grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10525) (10526) (10527) (10528) (10529) (10530) (10531) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.