Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,816 members, 7,837,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10874) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8799007 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10871) (10872) (10873) (10874) (10875) (10876) (10877) ... (14184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:05pm On Sep 19, 2021
slimghost:

You won’t make heaven ��������

cheesy

Abegi o...... I wan make am o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2021
KingAlabi:

Not to bring an agenda, but 2 goals out of 4 we have concede this season has been massive deflections.
We are still shakey defensively, we might need to rely on outscoring our opponents.

If Tottenham plays this same pattern against us, one thing is sure, we will score goals in the game, just don't know how many we will concede.
If Spurs played they way they did in the first half against us, we will spend the 2nd half chasing the game...

How Chelsea managed to contain them in that opening 45 mins is what we try to highlight when we talk about their fantastic set up.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2021
patrickmuf:
They're very well drilled.

Saul was the player that made them suffer against Villa. I am certain that the next time we see Saul, he will look very good...

Tuchel just knows how to set his team up and if the opposition manager outsmart him, he reads the game fast enough to make corrections to his set up and personnel...
You see everyone putting in that shift defensively and the energy is there to attack. They don't need many players to attack. A couple of players with some deficiencies but they're able to function as a unit which masks all those nonsense people were complaining about before.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2021
KingAlabi:

There is a reason Chelsea couldn't play well with saul and kovacic in their midfield against Aston villa, this midfield three will be suicidal.

.... until its tried out, we wouldn't know Bro.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 7:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
nitrogen:

Mahn, OGS is very useless
nawa sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 7:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
Oasis007:

See.... Risk is success, even it doesn't end well, you didn't fail but Learn. Ole should at least risk McTom with Pogba as Pivot, then Bruno being his usual Bruno.

Aspire to maguire. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
KingAlabi:

Not to bring an agenda, but 2 goals out of 4 we have conceded this season has been massive deflections.
We are still shakey defensively, we might need to rely on outscoring our opponents.

If Tottenham plays this same pattern against us, one thing is sure, we will score goals in the game, just don't know how many we will concede.
It's the fact that those players are allowed to even calm down and take the shot that's the problem.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
patrickmuf:
If Spurs played they way they did in the first half against us, we will spend the 2nd half chasing the game...

How Chelsea managed to contain them in that opening 45 mins is what we try to highlight when we talk about their fantastic set up.
We will eat them raw with counter attacks, only Leeds this season has been where we had space to counter.
Other teams have sat back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2021
patrickmuf:
Kante and Matuidi before, now Kante and Rabiot...

If my memory serves me right, The games Matuidi played at the World Cup, he played mostly from the left, almost as a winger. The pivot were Pogba and Kante.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2021
Oasis007:

.... until its tried out, we wouldn't know Bro.
Not by a coach like ole, thank you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2021
Oasis007:

Jah bless you. I never see the cry for a DM. What does a DM actually do? Marking? As a Team, well drilled Team, you won't even notice any lapses.

DVB, Pogba and Bruno can play together in the midfield. DVB showed it against young Boys that he can play 6 so why the Fuss for an unknown Gunman DM.
Unfortunately I don't subscribe to these 3 o. A crazy Pep won't even try that. Opponents needs to be closed down tirelessly. We won't get that from the trio
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2021
KingAlabi:

We will eat them raw with counter attacks, only Leeds this season has been where we had space to counter.
Other teams have sat back.
If West Ham had Antonio today, we for hear am...They were in so many good positions where a good pass was all that was needed...

Baba football is not all about counter attacks, we need to find a way to vary our play depending on the opposition...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2021
KingAlabi:

Not by a coach like ole, thank you.

grin

Are you his PA?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2021
eph12:

Unfortunately I don't subscribe to these 3 o. A crazy Pep won't even try that. Opponents needs to be closed down tirelessly. We won't get that from the trio

grin

Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 7:12pm On Sep 19, 2021
eph12:

It's the fact that those players are allowed to even calm down and take the shot that's the problem.
That really has to be corrected, it is very tiring, the other was a worldie and the last a counter attack goal.

Our CBs play too high into the opponents half, I don't see that in Chelsea CBs, hitting us on a counter is just a delicious meal waiting to be served.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
PRESlDENT2003:
Cho Cho Cho you won't close your mouth

Mr digressor cheesy
No wahala bro.l will remind u when d time comes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
#OleOUT
#EndOLE
#OleMustGo
#EndOLECluelessness
#SackTheFraud
#KillTheBasterd
#KillTheBasterd
#KillTheBasterd

15 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 7:14pm On Sep 19, 2021
adisaaowala:

I have always been of this opinion too...

Like Oasis007 also opined, this idea of trying to "acommodate" Pogba by all means is detrimental to the team.
well he has 7 assists. he'd get some leverage as is.
however, with his current contract situation I'm surprised he's played so many minutes already.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2021
patrickmuf:
If West Ham had Antonio today, we for hear am...They were in so many good positions where a good pass was all that was needed...

Baba football is not all about counter attacks, we need to find a way to vary our play depending on the opposition...
I doubt the bolded, because we will have been conscious of him, on breaking down the opponent, we need to improve, west ham and Newcastle game was very anti football in nature.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2021
Oasis007:

grin

Are you his PA?
A concerned fan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2021
patrickmuf:
cool down na. United have beaten West Ham with and without Antonio.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adisaaowala: 7:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
eph12:

Check again. Not just Ngolo in that midfield

The point is that Pogba owned that French midfield - he orchestrated play from deep, always made himself available for passes, didnt dwell on the ball unnecessarily, wasnt all about the usual showboating we get to see at Man utd, and most importantly, put the team first and played for his manager.

We saw a similar pogba in a double pivot for us at some point last season and even the great paul scholes had this to say :

"He has got his head down, cut out all of the flashy stuff and now looks like the Pogba that plays for France - the one that won the World Cup - in that he keeps it simple and performs consistently.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PRESlDENT2003: 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
Lana1:
Why did PSG sack Tuchel sef? He was doing well for them.

I miss Lampard sad
Juicy scummies tears grin

I remember scummies saying "Because his name is tuCHEL they thought he was made for Chelsea"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by WarAgainstBegga: 7:24pm On Sep 19, 2021
KingAlabi:

I doubt the bolded, because we will have been conscious of him, on breaking down the opponent, we need to improve, west ham and Newcastle game was very anti football in nature.
Your argument holds no water.

Even if we jam Chelsea with our full squad, the kin beating wey dem go beat us eh, CR7 go regret joining our club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2021
ChristineC:
well he has 7 assists. he'd get some leverage as is.
however, with his current contract situation I'm surprised he's played so many minutes already.
It is a tough decision for the coach, It is not easy for a coach to bench an inform star player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:26pm On Sep 19, 2021
slimghost:

If my memory serves me right, The games Matuidi played at the World Cup, he played mostly from the left, almost as a winger. The pivot were Pogba and Kante.
In that world cup, their attack was Mbappe, Greizmann and Giroud...Matuidi played from the left but he mostly served a purpose to defend rather than attack...France kind of low key packed the bus and depended on the speed of Mbappe, Giroud's hold up play as well as Pogba's passing.

In the just concluded Euros, they attempted to be more expansive and they paid the price for it...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 7:27pm On Sep 19, 2021
WarAgainstBegga:

Your argument holds no water.

Even if we jam Chelsea with our full squad, the kin beating wey dem go beat us eh, CR7 go regret joining our club.
Football is not mathematics. Don't be surprise, if we trash Chelshit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:28pm On Sep 19, 2021
adisaaowala:

The point is that Pogba owned that French midfield - he orchestrated play from deep, always made himself available for passes, didnt dwell on the ball unnecessarily, wasnt all about the usual showboating we get to see at Man utd, and most importantly, put the team first and played for his manager.

We saw a similar pogba in a double pivot for us at some point last season and even the great paul scholes had this to say :

In that world cup, he started the first game or thereabout and had a stinker and was dropped (My memory might not be spot on) for the proceeding game after much criticism from the French people. Baba had to step up...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:29pm On Sep 19, 2021
Expert17:
Herrera's alert

@Illimitable

Herrera is gold.

He is starting again tonight against Lyon. Herrera has silently relegated Wijnaldum and Paredes to the bench.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:32pm On Sep 19, 2021
grin

Surprisingly..... no Mou Alert today. Joezinho, wetin sup nau?! Any update?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by WarAgainstBegga: 7:32pm On Sep 19, 2021
BARAJ92:
Football is not mathematics. Don't be surprise, if we trash Chelshit.
We won't trash Chelsea. Stop shying away from the truth!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by WarAgainstBegga: 7:33pm On Sep 19, 2021
grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10871) (10872) (10873) (10874) (10875) (10876) (10877) ... (14184) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.