Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,358 members, 7,860,947 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:35 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10878) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8862029 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10875) (10876) (10877) (10878) (10879) (10880) (10881) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:23am On Sep 20, 2021
afrodoc2:

Can you explain how we won't consider quality of leagues when UEFA itself uses coefficients to award Golden Shoe?

And how won't age matter? You think 34 to 36 na child's play? Ronaldo that lost his long distance speed over the last 2 years? Na only movement and 5-10 yard acceleration remain for bros, after 10 yards bros fuel dey finish like careless kabukabu driver. cheesy

Going by that coefficient, is a goal scored in France any less than that scored in England?

The fact that Messi who is 2 years younger has a better goal to game ratio points to his superiority...Imagine if they were mates, he for dey pass Ronaldo by at least 100 goals...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:28am On Sep 20, 2021
CapitalCee:
Messi is low key struggling in farmers league with world class players while Ronaldo is smashing it in EPL. I like Messi but if this trend continues i know who the GOAT will be
We know who the G.O.A.T is already wink

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:30am On Sep 20, 2021
patrickmuf:
Going by that coefficient, is a goal scored in France any less than that scored in England?

The fact that Messi who is 2 years younger has a better goal to game ratio points to his superiority...Imagine if they were mates, he for dey pass Ronaldo by at least 100 goals...

Are you sure you want to go the goal to game ratio route? grin

Are you saying goal to game ratio is the decider over who is the GOAT? cheesy
I just want to be sure i understand you well.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:35am On Sep 20, 2021
Joezinho:

grin cheesy. Sometimes i feel spurs were not wrong to sack him. He was never the right fit for Spurs.

Mourinho is a winner and Spurs are losers. It was never going to work... cheesy

As for ole Gollum the cursed failure , he won't win teaspoon..
Honestly am thinking their was a clause in Jose's contract, which required Spurs to pay him huge bonus if he wins a trophy in his first season. Abi how dó one explain sacking a Manager who got them to a cup final, just few day to the final itself. Levy loves money more than the Glaziers, winning trophies no dey him plans at all...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:47am On Sep 20, 2021
afrodoc2:
[/b]

Are you sure you want to go the goal to game ratio route? grin

Are you saying goal to game ratio is the decider over who is the GOAT? cheesy
I just want to be sure i understand you well.
We are talking about the both players here, Messi best him in goals scored per game, assist, chances created, dribbles etc...

Messi is 2 years younger...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:50am On Sep 20, 2021
CapitalCee:
Messi is low key struggling in farmers league with world class players while Ronaldo is smashing it in EPL. I like Messi but if this trend continues i know who the GOAT will be
So, Ronaldo is playing with bums abi? Bruno, Pogba, Shaw, De Gea, Varane, Maguire, Sancho etc...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:52am On Sep 20, 2021
If I ask for a combined 11 of PSG and Manchester United, na that time you go start to hear different talk...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:02am On Sep 20, 2021
patrickmuf:
We are talking about the both players here, Messi best him in goals scored per game, assist, chances created, dribbles etc...

Messi is 2 years younger...

Are you saying goals per game ratio is the decider in the GOAT debate? grin

We can't use in deciding between Player A and Player B, then discard it when Players C, D, E, and F are included?
You know what is good for the Jew is good for Uganda. cheesy

Na simple sturvs question.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:04am On Sep 20, 2021
patrickmuf:
If I ask for a combined 11 of PSG and Manchester United, na that time you go start to hear different talk...

It is when i ask you to name the quality defenders and goal keepers Messi is facing in Ligue 1 that we will hear another story. Shey na defenders wey Pepe dey bully up and down? grin

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:04am On Sep 20, 2021
afrodoc2:

Are you saying goals per game ratio is the decider in the GOAT debate? grin

We can't use in deciding between Player A and Player B, then discard it when Players C, D, E, and F are included?
You know what is good for the Jew is good for Uganda. cheesy

Na simple sturvs question.
Goals, assist and chances created for forward players...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:05am On Sep 20, 2021
afrodoc2:

It is when i ask you to name the quality defenders and goal keepers Messi is facing in Ligue 1 that we will hear another story. Shey na defenders wey Pepe dey bully up and down? grin
Same defenders wey Ronaldo no fit bully for UCL, same defenders wey City with their super attack no fit bully...Yes, those same defenders...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:05am On Sep 20, 2021
patrickmuf:
Goals, assist and chances created for forward players...

I see you have started retracing your steps like the Oba in village headmaster. cheesy

So it is no longer goals per game ratio?

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:06am On Sep 20, 2021
patrickmuf:
Same defenders wey Ronaldo no fit bully for UCL, same defenders wey City with their super attack no fit bully...Yes, those same defenders...

You mean Messi is facing PSG defenders in Ligue 1? cheesy

Man City rodded PSG of Ligue 1 last year o.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 8:08am On Sep 20, 2021
Joezinho:
Ronaldo in the toughest league -- 4 GOALS..

Messi in the 5th ranked league -- 1 shot wey knack bar.. grin grin

6th

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:08am On Sep 20, 2021
afrodoc2:

I see you have started retracing your steps like the Oba in village headmaster. cheesy

So it is no longer goals per game ratio?
When he had that debate weeks back, I said the same thing...I only brought up goals per game ratio to highlight a point...

Meanwhile, let me see your combined 11 of PSG and Manchester United players, I want to check if Messi is playing with stars and Ronaldo is having to do it all on his own.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:08am On Sep 20, 2021
afrodoc2:

You mean Messi is facing PSG defenders in Ligue 1? cheesy
He is facing Monaco and Lyon defenders...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:10am On Sep 20, 2021
afrodoc2:

Plus Lacazette grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:11am On Sep 20, 2021

What I thinking right now. What if Lingard continues to perform and now start benching Sancho. Then one would wonder what was all the hullabaloo about.

And only Afrodoc and I felt that Lingard was not finished. The general feelings here was that Sancho was coming to be like of KDB. I am not against Sancho, but I think humans generally lack patience.

The way people sometimes lash Rashford here eh.... I wonder if they can see what he brings, mostly as he is able to single handedly torment and stretch a defence. Not everyone can score like Ronaldo.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:11am On Sep 20, 2021
patrickmuf:
When he had that debate weeks back, I said the same thing...I only brought up goals per game ratio to highlight a point...

Meanwhile, let me see your combined 11 of PSG and Manchester United players, I want to check if Messi is playing with stars and Ronaldo is having to do it all on his own.

If i arrange all the ex-players on this thread we will make Top 4 in Ligue 1.

The quality of players you are playing with has to be compared with the quality of players you are playing against.

Without google can you name 4 good central defenders in Ligue 1 apart from PSG defenders.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:12am On Sep 20, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Plus Lacazette grin
Why Ronaldo no finish those Lyon defenders when he came up against them for Juve?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 8:12am On Sep 20, 2021
Bombblacks:

The key for me was the Matic Sub. That pass is underrated. He was the one with a delicious pass thru the lines into Lingard in a dangerous position. That was the sub along with Lingard obviously that won us the game.
Ole stupid haters won't see this and praise him for yesterday match . I love how Ole continues to choke the fools cheesy cheesy.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:14am On Sep 20, 2021
afrodoc2:

If i arrange all the ex-players on this thread we will make Top 4 in Ligue 1.

The quality of players you are playing with has to be compared with the quality of players you are playing against.

Without google can you name 4 good central defenders in Ligue 1 apart from PSG defenders.
PSG were in pot 2 in the UCL because they didn't win that league last season...If PSG were that good, Lille wouldn't have won the league ahead of them...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:15am On Sep 20, 2021
patrickmuf:
He is facing Monaco and Lyon defenders...

Every week?

Okay. The average team has 3-4 central defenders. Combine Monaco and Lyon's teams to make 8 central defenders. Name 3 quality international central defenders in both teams combined.
These 2 teams that are Messi's nemesis weekly can you name their best defenders?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:16am On Sep 20, 2021
Doc, just drop the combined 11 of PSG and Manchester United, it is easier than looking for ex players to form a team...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:17am On Sep 20, 2021
patrickmuf:
PSG were in pot 2 in the UCL because they didn't win that league last season...If PSG were that good, Lille wouldn't have won the league ahead of them...

To avoid confusion, are you saying the defenders in Ligue 1 are better than the defenders in EPL, or are they equal to the ones in EPL or are they worse?

I just want both of us to be on the same page.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:19am On Sep 20, 2021
afrodoc2:

Every week?

Okay. The average team has 3-4 central defenders. Combine Monaco and Lyon's teams to make 8 central defenders. Name 3 quality international central defenders in both teams combined.
These 2 teams that are Messi's nemesis weekly can you name their best defenders?
Messi has made just 2 appearances for PSG in Ligue 1, a sub appearance vs Reims and his first start yesterday...If this was December, I'd be concerned but not now, he will still dominate that League like he did in Spain...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:21am On Sep 20, 2021
afrodoc2:

To avoid confusion, are you saying the defenders in Ligue 1 are better than the defenders in EPL, or are they equal to the ones in EPL or are they worse?

I just want both of us to be on the same page.
I am saying that every league is difficult...

Some of the best players in the world have come from that league that is often ridiculed...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:22am On Sep 20, 2021
patrickmuf:
Doc, just dropped the combined 11 of PSG and Manchester United, it is easier than looking for ex players to form a team...

afrodoc2:

I hope you understand what that means?

Okay let me make you happy.

Combined 11:

GK: Donnarumma
RB: Hakimi
LB: Shaw
CB: Varane
CB: Marquinhos
CDM: Idrissa Gueye
CM: Pogba
CAM/SS: Messi
RWF: Mbappe
LWF: Neymar
CF: Ronaldo

14 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:23am On Sep 20, 2021
patrickmuf:
Messi has made just 2 appearances for PSG in Ligue 1, a sub appearance vs Reims and his first start yesterday...If this was December, I'd be concerned but not now, he will still dominate that League like he did in Spain...

That is what you should be saying. not trying to hype farmer defenders.

The defenders in Ligue 1 are worse overall than the defenders in EPL. True or false?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:24am On Sep 20, 2021
Joezinho:
Ronaldo in the toughest league -- 4 GOALS..

Messi in the 5th ranked league -- 1 shot wey knack bar.. grin grin

Sixth. Portuguese liga has overtaken Ligue one

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:26am On Sep 20, 2021
patrickmuf:
When the tables turn, I no want hear say Ligue 1 easy o!

Is easy na. Put Assnal in Ligue 1 they will win domestic treble

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:26am On Sep 20, 2021
afrodoc2:

I hope you understand what that means?

Okay let me make you happy.

Combined 11:

GK: Donnarumma
RB: Hakimi
LB: Shaw
CB: Varane
CB: Marquinhos
CDM: Idrissa Gueye
CM: Pogba
CAM/SS: Messi
RWF: Mbappe
LWF: Neymar
CF: Ronaldo
I'll wait for that of other Ronaldo fans...

As for quality of players, PSG had to rely on a late goal to beat Lyon yesterday...Football is not about having star attackers alone...Club Brugge proved it...

I think it is you who noted here that PSG do not have a balanced team a while back...They might have a fearsome attack but it ends there, in midfield and defense they're not all that...

(1) (2) (3) ... (10875) (10876) (10877) (10878) (10879) (10880) (10881) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: kizolo(m), odizeey(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.