Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10919) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8746877 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10916) (10917) (10918) (10919) (10920) (10921) (10922) ... (14156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:51am On Sep 26, 2021
I repeat again somebody tactical coach dropped 0 shots on target and off target yesterday at home against City. Let's look at the prediction from Patrickmumu before the match cheesy cheesy cheesy

patrickmuf:
Chelsea should win this match. That midfield is unplayable ...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:51am On Sep 26, 2021
We are still waiting for Wise Man Sancho to Score or Assist

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:54am On Sep 26, 2021
Oasis007:
grin

We are not ready to discuss Bruno yet on this Thread. We can never play good football with Bruno on the Pitch. We can never string 3/4 passes with Bruno on the pitch.

Bruno is not creative, he's simply a Risk Taker with passes.... not decisive. He's an AM fashion of Fred.... EOD.

Delete this post cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bruno is the no 1 player at Manchester United

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 9:56am On Sep 26, 2021
afrodoc2:

When they were comparing Bruno to KDB i tried to caution them. Even when some were comparing his skill set to Pogba's i was not in support. He has limits to his talent, however do you think yesterday's game is the one to use to criticize Bruno? Despite missing a penalty he had the best Whoscored rating in our team. Not saying he was excellent but the poor performance of the team was definitely not on him.

He created 10 key passes while the rest of the team combined to create 11. He made 3 through passes out of 3 attempts, the rest of the team combined to create 1. It is very interesting to read some saying that he got 10 key passes because Greenwood converted the passes to key passes, as if Greenwood was banned from converting other players' passes to key passes. cheesy

We lost the battle in central midfield where Fred (who had a shaky first half but much improved 2nd half) was left to play with GhostTominay who was invisible all game long. GhostTominay was a short one all game long.

I thought he did well yesterday. But you know what, taking too many risks are unnecessary. He just wants to get the ball and try long risky passes to Ronaldo or Greenwood every damn time. Sometimes, it’s about controlling the ball and make short passes to the next player. Dominating play is about controlling the midfield and doing the very simple things. When you control the field, becomes easier to be accurate with your creativity.

He is affecting our play to be honest. But then, the blame still goes to Ole. That guy can at least correct these minor issues, instead of sitting through games like a stature.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:58am On Sep 26, 2021
We have Squad that can play 4 - 3 - 3, 4 - 4 - 2 (diamond), 3 - 4 - 1 - 2, 3 - 5 - 2 and 3 - 4 - 3 but that Failure would rather stick to 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 week in week out.

Worse is, he prefers brawn over brain..... that's why he would rather play McFred regardless to Opponent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:00am On Sep 26, 2021
Oasis007:

I am not judging cos he lost a PK Doc, rather Truth has to be said as highlighted in your Post. We should forget fluidity with Bruno on the Pitch, coz moments ball gets to him, everyone, if possible for De Gea too, would be running into the opposition Box.

They know he's unlikely to keep the possession flowing, rather gonna fly the ball in the Box for any lucky Player to nod, kick or miss. Sometimes he would played unnecessary Shots, simply to boost his Stats.

We are accusing Fred of losing possession recklessly, same goes to Bruno as well.

This is where you got it wrong. Possession lost by a CDM or CM is not the same thing as possession lost by a AM or SS. One is losing possession near the opposition box and the other is losing possession near our box.

And in case you don't know fluidity of play is more due to the CDM or CM not the AM. It is primarily the job of McFred or Matic/VDB and not the job of Bruno or Lingard. Barca's possession fluidity was mainly due to Xavi and Busquets. Bayern's possession fluidity was mainly due to Kimmich/Thiago and not Muller.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:00am On Sep 26, 2021
Useless Bruno grin grin

That agenda won't work.

Bruno will start in any team right now.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:02am On Sep 26, 2021
melodyogonna:
I no watch the match, be like we played badly

This guy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:03am On Sep 26, 2021
Heatmap.

He worked tirelessly, started all our attacking moves.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:03am On Sep 26, 2021
afrodoc2:

This is where you got it wrong. Possession lost by a CDM or CM is not the same thing as possession lost by a AM or SS. One is losing possession near the opposition box and the other is losing possession near our box.

And in case you don't know fluidity of play is more due to the CDM or CM not the AM. It is primarily the job of McFred or Matic/VDB and not the job of Bruno or Lingard. Barca's possession fluidity was mainly due to Xavi and Busquets. Bayern's possession fluidity was mainly due to Kimmich/Thiago and not Muller.

Doc..... do you think Bruno would be a Starter at Man City? Even Bayern Munich or Barcelona prior to their Downfall?!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:05am On Sep 26, 2021
Expert17:
Heatmap.

He worked tirelessly, started all our attacking moves.

grin

Show us Fred heatmap. No be pashun + activity be that?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 10:06am On Sep 26, 2021
CrystalTiger:
Oga Trevor ooo please come and post your darling manager wallpaper again abeg grin grin grin..
Sir Ole will always remain my darling manager win or lose. We dey here cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 10:06am On Sep 26, 2021
Oasis007:

I am not judging cos he lost a PK Doc, rather Truth has to be said as highlighted in your Post. We should forget fluidity with Bruno on the Pitch, coz moments ball gets to him, everyone, if possible for De Gea too, would be running into the opposition Box.

They know he's unlikely to keep the possession flowing, rather gonna fly the ball in the Box for any lucky Player to nod, kick or miss. Sometimes he would played unnecessary Shots, simply to boost his Stats.

We are accusing Fred of losing possession recklessly, same goes to Bruno as well.

Not sure Bruno can hold the ball for long, or be patient enough to make short passes, which are requirements for midfielders to at least dominate play, he will be worst than Fred and Pogba if he tries both.

But dem Bruno boys are still coming for you sha. It’s only a matter of time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 10:06am On Sep 26, 2021
afrodoc2:

This guy cheesy
Lmao, wetin I do kwanu?
I hate that I knew we'll most likely play badly sha. I was watching Chelsea get walloped, 'twas better than watching us get same treatment
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:09am On Sep 26, 2021
Panther7:
Tre..vor012
Bruno plays Hollywood passes agreed √
Bruno empties the midfield agreed √
Bruno takes the position of a striker agreed √

Why does our darling manager keep starting him, Why doesn't Ole caution all these?

Really wanna see how you will spin this

Bench him, let's see the outcome.

Even in cup games, he can't rest Bruno.

Again, Bruno is the no 1 in our team.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:10am On Sep 26, 2021
Oasis007:

Doc..... do you think Bruno would be a Starter at Man City? Even Bayern Munich or Barcelona prior to their Downfall?!

I don't know. Likely not at Bayern cos i believe that is Muller's position. Likely not at Man City because they don't play with a 10 and he is not better than KDB as a creative midfielder IMO. I don't know about Barca. Many mediocre players have gotten starts there over the last 2-3 years.

But will AWB be a starter at any of those clubs? Will Fred be a starter at those clubs? Will McTominay be a starter at those clubs? Will DDG start at any of those clubs? I am not sure i get your point. What is the point you are trying to make?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 10:11am On Sep 26, 2021
afrodoc2:
[/b]

Fluidity is also having your AM join the midfield to maintain possession. AM helps with recycling of possession by avoiding risky stuffs every time. Iniesta, KDB and others come to mind. They don’t just waste the ball every damn time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 10:14am On Sep 26, 2021
eph12:

You don't know what you're talking about. How do you want Bruno to create the chances and be the one at the end of the chances? He can't do both and that's the point. Which do you want him to do? Create chances or be at the end of the chances?

You no understand my post
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 10:15am On Sep 26, 2021
nitrogen:

I thought he did well yesterday. But you know what, taking too many risks are unnecessary. He just wants to get the ball and try long risky passes to Ronaldo or Greenwood every darn time. Sometimes, it’s about controlling the ball and make short passes to the next player. Dominating play is about controlling the midfield and doing the very simple things. When you control the field, becomes easier to be accurate with your creativity.

He is affecting our play to be honest. But then, the blame still goes to Ole. That guy can at least correct these minor issues, instead of sitting through games like a stature.
These things na something dem suppose dey learn for training. While I'm not averse to allowing players express themselves, I feel like they need to show more teamwork. They need to learn how to pass better as a team, Bruno needs to learn to read the atmosphere, he should know when we need some moment of control to calm our game down. Making us chase after the ball again whenever it gets to his feet is starting to piss me off tbh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:18am On Sep 26, 2021
afrodoc2:

I don't know. Likely not at Bayern cos i believe that is Muller's position. Likely not at Man City because they don't play with a 10 and he is not better than KDB as a creative midfielder IMO. I don't know about Barca. Many mediocre players have gotten starts there over the last 2-3 years.

But will AWB be a starter at any of those clubs? Will Fred be a starter at those clubs? Will McTominay be a starter at those clubs? Will DDG start at any of those clubs? I am not sure i get your point. What is the point you are trying to make?

As an AM, is he gonna be even considered worthy to sign by any of the mentioned Clubs? That's my point Doc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:19am On Sep 26, 2021
nitrogen:

Fluidity is also having your AM join the midfield to maintain possession. AM helps with recycling of possession by avoiding risky stuffs every time. Iniesta, KDB and others come to mind. They don’t just waste the ball every damn time.

It is primarily the duty of the CDM and CM. If the AM drops deep sure it will be better and if the wingers also drop deep surely it will be better.
If Bruno drops into midfield yeah it will be more fluid BUT the main problem is that our 2 central midfielders are poor on the ball. The root cause of the problem we have with fluidity is McFred not Bruno.

P.S I have started many times here that Bruno has to improve his possession play, be more patient and time/execute his passes better BUT this problem with building up play is IMO mainly a McFred issue not a Bruno issue.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 10:19am On Sep 26, 2021
Fred and McTom to recover the ball only for Bruno to throw it away. O wrong now. Infact, I have seen situations where Bruno will run to the back to recover the ball, and then senselessly play a long ball forward hoping that Ronaldo and co are there.

Sometimes, the simple things matter.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:20am On Sep 26, 2021
nitrogen:

Not sure Bruno can hold the ball for long, or be patient enough to make short passes, which are requirements for midfielders to at least dominate play, he will be worst than Fred and Pogba if he tries both.

But dem Bruno boys are still coming for you sha. It’s only a matter of time.

cheesy

..... LMFAO.

Expert on the beatz already, Capital never logs in yet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:22am On Sep 26, 2021
Oasis007:

As an AM, is he gonna be even considered worthy to sign by any of the mentioned Clubs? That's my point Doc.

Yes he would. If we are to go by that half our team would not be here. And that does not even mean anything. Both Bayern and Barca were happy to play Coutinho and he flopped in both places. Man City wanted to sign Fred and Sanchez before we stole them.

No big club wanted to sign Mane or VVD from Southampton. We should judge players by how they perform for us not whether some other club would like them.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:25am On Sep 26, 2021
Expert17:

Check his statistics.

I'm not dragging Bruno, I'm dragging the person that wants Bruno to stop creating and start dragging space with the strikers
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 10:25am On Sep 26, 2021
melodyogonna:

These things na something dem suppose dey learn for training. While I'm not averse to allowing players express themselves, I feel like they need to show more teamwork. They need to learn how to pass better as a team, Bruno needs to learn to read the atmosphere, he should know when we need some moment of control to calm our game down. Making us chase after the ball again whenever it gets to his feet is starting to piss me off tbh

Exactly. It’s really unfair to McFred. Both are average players, but style of play can make them look okay. Currently, both of them are always chasing after the ball, no time for creativity because our most creative player is always interested in throwing the ball away before it gets to him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:27am On Sep 26, 2021
nitrogen:
Fred and McTom to recover the ball only for Bruno to throw it away. O wrong now. Infact, I have seen situations where Bruno will run to the back to recover the ball, and then senselessly play a long ball forward hoping that Ronaldo and co are there.

Sometimes, the simple things matter.

McTom with binary contribution yesterday. 0 tackle, 0 clearance, 1 interception, 0 blocked shot. 33 touches in 80 minutes.

Can any God fearing individual tell me what he was doing on the pitch yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 10:29am On Sep 26, 2021
afrodoc2:

McTom with binary contribution yesterday. 0 tackle, 0 clearance, 1 interception, 0 blocked shot. 33 touches in 80 minutes.

Can any God fearing individual tell me what he was doing on the pitch yesterday.

Lol, McTom has always been a useful player. He was shyte yesterday. That I agree with. Fred played better, but then, my initial comment stands.

Ole should be helping these boys to play as a team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:31am On Sep 26, 2021
Many times we won the ball back and lost it immediately because someone is throwing a long pass for Ronaldo or greenwood to run to. How is that fair please?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:34am On Sep 26, 2021
nitrogen:

Lol, McTom has always been a useful player. He was shyte yesterday. That I agree with.

Bruno has had his shyte days but yesterday is the wrong day to try to drag him. Many are just using the penalty miss to further their agenda ( i don't know if you are one of them). He was probably our best player but somehow you are now telling us that he is the reason for McFred's struggles.

Yesterday i actually pitied Fred. He was poor in the first half but grew into the game and watching him cover for McTom was painful to see. I believe McTom is not match fit but Amaka has rushed him back from his surgery because he doesn't trust Matic or VDB.

Meanwhile i noticed nobody has really mentioned CR7 standing like an Okorocha statue for most of the match. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:37am On Sep 26, 2021
afrodoc2:

Yes he would. If we are to go by that half our team would not be here. And that does not even mean anything. Both Bayern and Barca were happy to play Coutinho and he flopped in both places. Man City wanted to sign Fred and Sanchez before we stole them.

No big club wanted to sign Mane or VVD from Southampton. We should judge players by how they perform for us not whether some other club would like them.

grin

This is not an Agenda to drag Bruno Doc. Coz Expert and Co already seeing it as an Agenda as usual. Sporting CP won their League after they sold Bruno to us. When Bruno was with them, he's the one banging Goals and Assists, winning individual Awards, yet no league won but 2 Cups equivalent to Carabao Cup.

I repeat, this is not Agenda, but why no other Clubs were eager to get him before we eventually did in January? He's a top Lad. A good Player, but he needs to put aside individual glory (stats) for Team to succeed.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:37am On Sep 26, 2021
eph12:
Many times we won the ball back and lost it immediately because someone is throwing a long pass for Ronaldo or greenwood to run to. How is that fair please?

And the same player has bn involved in more than 60% of our goals since he joined grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10916) (10917) (10918) (10919) (10920) (10921) (10922) ... (14156) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m), fyinka47(m), Lana1(m), odizeey(m), iykmora(m), MrJaay(m), 100smile(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.