Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10962) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8793629 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10959) (10960) (10961) (10962) (10963) (10964) (10965) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 4:54pm On Oct 01, 2021
elampiro:

Until the other player is played for a long term, you never know who can be better. Until DDG improves his aerial ball ability (crosses, corners) I still will always be afraid. For now is at his best in reflexes which we know him for.

If Henderson is still doing understudy at the age of 24, you should know by now he’s never going to make it.

His biggest achievement till date is getting a promotion for Sunderland. Go to Wikipedia and see what DDG had achieved at 24.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2021
elampiro:
Illimitable, after you read the below, you will understand that coming from injury can sometimes take time for the player to hit match fitness. Check the highlighted and understand my line of argumemt

But O’Shea believes Fred does the dirty work that often goes under the radar and the role he plays allows McTominay to contribute in attack

‘Fred, numbers-wise in terms of what he does – the simple things, the unappreciated stuff – that’s the stuff that goes unnoticed,’ O’Shea told talkSPORT.

‘Scott, he bombs forward too, he gets goals.

‘Sometimes when the XI is announced and you see Fred and McTominay, people automically think it’s the two sitting in midfield – but Scott McTominay bombs forward a lot.

‘He gets forward. He’s not just a sitter, he’s more an all-round midfielder. He can defend as well.

‘Bearing in mind he’s just coming back from an operation, he’s going to get stronger and stronger.

Look, it’s that central midfield area where United have had amazing players through the years and they’ve got to live up to that reputation and be compared to that.

‘Ole has trust in them.’

And if Solskjaer’s pre-match comments are anything to go by, he’ll be sticking with his trusty midfield pairing.

First of all, the stats for those two together, we have had many good results,’ he said in his press conference.

‘The way we broke up play against Villa I think they are very instrumental together. The energy and desire. I really like to have the two of them. I can trust them to give us what they’ve got.

‘Fans will always have opinions, it is easy to say who should be playing.’

https://metro.co.uk/2021/09/29/john-oshea-singles-out-underappreciated-man-utd-star-fred-15336578/

This is just rubbish to protect British players. No one gives such excuses when foreign players come back from injuries. They are instantly slaughtered by the same media and brushed aside.

British players get all manners of excuses laid at their doorsteps. McTominay has been delivering shit for 2 seasons straight. It’s got nothing to do with any injury.
He hides a lot in games. He constantly refuses to take the game by the scruff of the neck like Fletcher/JS park did for us.

Fletcher wasn’t the most skillful player but he covered his inadequacies with zeal and endeavor. Fletcher could run for 6 hours straight without tiring and he arrived late in the box to score clutch goals for United. McTominay is nowhere near that level.

Let’s call a spade a spade, McTominay is shit!

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2021
eph12:
You're looking at these possessions and you're claiming we attacked City? Hmmm
Counter attack na, u no dey see attempts?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Griffon(m): 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2021
Reece James is getting the nod from Gareth despite being injured, whilst some expensive scummy is getting called up out of pity cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:14pm On Oct 01, 2021
Illimitable:

This is just rubbish to protect British players. No one gives such excuses when foreign players come back from injuries. They are instantly slaughtered by the same media and brushed aside.

British players get all manners of excuses laid at their doorsteps. McTominay has been delivering shit for 2 seasons straight. It’s got nothing to do with any injury.
He hides a lot in games. He constantly refuses to take the game by the scruff of the neck like Fletcher/JS park did for us.

Fletcher wasn’t the most skillful player but he covered his inadequacies with zeal and endeavor. Fletcher could run for 6 hours straight without tiring and he arrived late in the box to score clutch goals for United. McTominay is nowhere near that level.

Let’s call a spade a spade, McTominay is shit!

Another strong reason to believe you are Coogar. How many more coincidence do I need?

Can you not discuss the player without blaming his British origin?

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:19pm On Oct 01, 2021
Illimitable:

If Henderson is still doing understudy at the age of 24, you should know by now he’s never going to make it.

His biggest achievement till date is getting a promotion for Sunderland. Go to Wikipedia and see what DDG had achieved at 24.

It is not like that. What did Xavi achieved at 24? Or George Weah?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 5:28pm On Oct 01, 2021
Griffon:
Reece James is getting the nod from Gareth despite being injured, whilst some expensive scummy is getting called up out of pity cheesy

We absolutely don't give a fvck about the English National Team after the vilification of our players by Southgate at the last Euros tournament.

Matter of fact, If we had our way, all our English players would sit-at-home like IPOB said it.

In plain terms, we don't give a damn....in fact, we never did.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 5:31pm On Oct 01, 2021
Mrviktor:

United attacks city.. Always.. Always.. Always..
Lol you are funny!! Do you know the meaning of counter attack?? If Man Utd try follow man city play attacking football I swear you go hate that your mumu club.. Remember the 6:1 bashing at Old Trafford??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2021
#OleOUT
#EndOLE
#OleMustGo
#EndOLECluelessness
#SackTheFraud
#KillTheBasterd

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 6:30pm On Oct 01, 2021
Elxandre:

I remember telling people Sancho might not be much better than Greenwood and might be a waste of money.
Look what's happening!
I still don't believe a a right footer can be really better than a left footer at RW in the modern game.
I said the same thing. Someone said Mason Greenwood is already a ermanenr occupier of the CF position.
From what I see based on what we have, Mason will eventually develop as a left wing forward, and not a centre forward.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:49pm On Oct 01, 2021
KinzyeWriter:

Baba I be RONALDO stan but all these do not matter honestly.

Ronaldo is the G.O.A.T and I don't need to be dragging the argument with people who think otherwise because no matter what you say, they'll never understand because obviously, they have their preferences as well.

Banting is allowed sha. cheesy

You are a true comrade cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 7:53pm On Oct 01, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNo-x3m5aPQ
Na Paul Scholes play I dey watch since yesterday, make I dey see better midfielder abeg. I see what Ole mean when he said they aim to have proper midfielders. Players that can pass, attack, defend, tackle. See how this guy dey spread passes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 8:12pm On Oct 01, 2021

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2021
elampiro:

It is not like that. What did Xavi achieved at 24? Or George Weah?

Xavi won La Liga at 19/20.

Weah was in Africa and he didn’t even leave for Europe until age 22. He won African footballer of the year at age 23.

Your boy is 24 and no one even considers him the best goalkeeper in Manchester, never mind the whole of Europe.

Any how you feel like rolling the dice on Henderson, the outcome would show you he’s a failure. cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 9:45pm On Oct 01, 2021
elampiro:

Another strong reason to believe you are Coogar. How many more coincidence do I need?

Can you not discuss the player without blaming his British origin?

Like Shawberto Carlos, Dele Alli, Jack Wilshere(touted to be the only English player that can play for Barcelona), Welbeck(the African Pele), Andy Townsend(British Ronaldo), etc.

How many false dawns do you have to experience in your life to know the British media exaggerate the potentials of their players?

Have 2-3 good game spell as British and you get an automatic shirt in the national team. You people are media sheep. Swallow whatever nonsense the media serve you.

As for the coogar comparison, it’s your PTSD jumping out again. Maybe Roy Keane is also coogar for pointing this out recently on how people get easily carried away with British players. He knows you people are dumb. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2021
Solskjær: "Luke [Shaw] feels better in himself. He's been ill but he's still got the shoulder injury. We've got to make a decision on him."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:11pm On Oct 01, 2021
Solskjær: "Donny [van de Beek] was ready to come on [against Villarreal]. I've been a sub more than anyone in this club probably - I must have a record appearance as a sub - and you have to be ready all the time. I've been unhappy a few times."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:11pm On Oct 01, 2021
Solskjær: "Alex [Telles] was coming off as a left-back and Fred did that job well. I understand the frustration, every player is keen to play, that's got to be built into energy and determination for when you get on and show me."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2021
Solskjær: "It's not just Donny [van de Beek], it's players, I've got a squad of internationals and if we're going to be successful we need positive energy, no sulkers."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2021
Solskjær: "Donny [van de Beek] has never affected his teammates negatively. As soon as I see players affecting the team negatively then that's a different scenario and I'll probably be firmer."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:13pm On Oct 01, 2021
Solskjær: "Marcus [Rashford] trained fully for the first time today with contact. There were a few tackles flying in on him and he seemed okay, which was nice to see."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 01, 2021
Solskjær on reports of Cristiano Ronaldo telling him Manchester United need to move the ball quicker: "Wow. What can you answer to that? What we speak about, that's between us. We've not had that discussion, to put it that way."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 01, 2021
Solskjær: "He [Ronaldo] has had a great impact on and off the pitch — five goals in five games at his age says everything. You've got to manage him, he's a very good example for everyone."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 01, 2021
Solskjær on Manchester United playing on Saturday after playing on Wednesday: "Absolutely no explanation, well it's TV. It's absolutely no common sense at all. We had the same scenario last year when we played in Turkey and came back and played Everton."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 01, 2021
Solskjær: "Us and Chelsea played Wednesday night, we could have easily played Sunday and the Liverpool - Man City should have been a Saturday one. Common sense might not be so common unfortunately."

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 01, 2021
Solskjær: "Marcus [Rashford] is fit, he's worked really hard, but he’s not had any contact [until now]. If his shoulder can take the contact now, he should be ready after the internationals."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:49pm On Oct 01, 2021
grin

Solskjær: "I’ve been taught when I was a kid I should never swallow chewing gum and he’s [Van de Beek] probably followed the gaffer’s lead and thrown it out. Absolutely no worries about that. What are you supposed to do? Hand it to someone else? No, of course not."

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:50pm On Oct 01, 2021
Solskjær: "He [Van de Beek] knows he's not frozen out. It's ManchesterUnited. When you're a headline player and you're not playing, it's always going to make headlines, but I've got plenty of them every week who don't play."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:51pm On Oct 01, 2021
Solskjær on Gareth Southgate's comments on Jadon Sancho: "Was that interview done before Wednesday night? Jadon was exceptional [against Villarreal], he was electric. The crowd loved him and I think he felt that connection. That is what we want from him, to be direct, positive, go past players numerous times. I thought, ‘Yeah that’s Jadon, we’re gonna see loads of that.’"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:52pm On Oct 01, 2021
Solskjær on Van de Beek: “I don’t have any issues with Donny. He knows what he needs to work on, what we want him to work on. He is diligent in his work + has never let his mood affect his teammates negatively. You have to have that fire in your belly if you are going to make it.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:09am On Oct 02, 2021
melodyogonna:

Counter attack na, u no dey see attempts?
With the way we played, we can't be compared to lfc that try to control the game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 1:47am On Oct 02, 2021
eph12:

With the way we played, we can't be compared to lfc that try to control the game
yeah, true

(1) (2) (3) ... (10959) (10960) (10961) (10962) (10963) (10964) (10965) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Panther7(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.