Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11031) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8721978 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11028) (11029) (11030) (11031) (11032) (11033) (11034) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 11:14am On Oct 19, 2021
CrystalTiger:

Someone that lasted just three months in his Valencia job.. Thought by now his Einstein knowledge would have at least helped his brother in MLS though..

That guy's just an a-hole.
Not sure he'd venture into management again tho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:14am On Oct 19, 2021
melodyogonna:

You can prove me wrong sha

See, in this life there are times when one needs to admit to a mistake.

That time, for you, is now. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 11:17am On Oct 19, 2021
How can this guy say this?

grin grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 11:20am On Oct 19, 2021
afrodoc2:

19 seasons. 8 league titles. 3 FA Cups. 2 UCL titles.
5 PFA Team of the year.

He is club legend. Does not give him the right to misyarn sha.

All thanks to SAF's brilliance

He's become a figure of disdain in a bit to pass off as neutral

Man's full of all shades of shiii*t
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:21am On Oct 19, 2021
afrodoc2:

See, in this life there are times when one needs to admit to a mistake.

That time, for you, is now. cheesy
Only if you tell me what else Ronaldo brings to the team

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 11:24am On Oct 19, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Here is your your proof. A lot of fans including the stupid English press blamed Chelshit players last season, Tuchel came in and we all saw the result. Sack Ole today and appoint a Bielsa, Conte, Zidane or Ten Haag, and you will understand why Ole is a useless Manager. 4 years with this team, yet know noticeable pattern of play. We have some of the best players (if not the best), yet Brighton and Brentford play better footfall. I don begin dey reason say you ain't a United fan

shocked shocked

What a Melodious KO

The guy wan turn Trevor 2.0

Undercover confusionists grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 19, 2021
Leyqute:

That’s why he shouldn’t have started Ronaldo. At all.

If he’d rested him on Saturday, he’d be able to play him in midweek and against Liverpool.

It’s better he rests him now in midweek or against Liverpool else the level of performance we get from him will be worse.

This is where we seem to get it wrong. Resting him won’t change a thing. The problem at the club isn’t a player-problem.

A solid team has been built but the coach doesn’t know how to utilize it.

While watching the Leicester match, there were multiple times Ronaldo made his signature move, the one that usually ends up with him heading the ball into the net, but no crosses came in.

It happened time and again, and it seemed no one noticed till we were losing, before Bruno made the cross.

If AWB can’t cross, use Dalot. If Shaw can’t, use Telles. It’s Cristiano Ronaldo we’re talking about here, not some baby striker.

Olé has done well to assemble this team. He should honorably resign and let a more tactical and attacking coach take over.

Manchester United is too big a club to use and gain I.T experience. Fergie gained his at Scotland, no harm in Olé doing same.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:34am On Oct 19, 2021
LostMyZeal:

All thanks to SAF's brilliance

He's become a figure of disdain in a bit to pass off as neutral

Man's full of all shades of shiii*t

I was just addressing your opening statement. I don’t agree with a lot of his utterances as well.

However, just because we disagree with an ex-player we can’t just time travel and rewrite history to rubbish their achievements.

Gary Neville is a Red. And he hates scousers.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 11:35am On Oct 19, 2021
Inasmuch as we want Ole sacked. He must not lose tomorrow's match, else it'll be difficult to go next round. He can be losing league matches till he's sacked

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 19, 2021
raumdeuter:
https://theathletic.com/2895026/2021/10/18/why-ronaldo-is-giving-solskjaer-a-huge-tactical-problem/?source=user_shared_article

Ole is not at fault

Ronaldo also played for us in the Europa League final against Villarreal.

That’s why we lost to a team with a 37yr old as CB and Chukwueze unavailable.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 11:42am On Oct 19, 2021
afrodoc2:

I was just addressing your opening statement. I don’t agree with a lot of his utterances as well.

However, just because we disagree with an ex-player we can’t just time travel and rewrite history to rubbish their achievements.

Oh yeah, Our manager of good vibes and happiness is a Red too

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before he & Neville erase the memories with the trash they churn out
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 19, 2021
Searchingvictor:
Inasmuch as we want Ole sacked. He must not lose tomorrow's match, else it'll be difficult to go next round. He can be losing league matches till he's sacked

Lmao.. let’s see if Atlanta agrees with you.

De Gea better pad his gloves well, because there’ll be lots of saves to make. If e die, na shot kill am.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:51am On Oct 19, 2021
Searchingvictor:

This is a major issue. If we lose, more pressure on Ole, but we may need to say goodbye to UCL competition this season. If we win the game, then Ole gets more time to sort things out.

Which kind wahala be this? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 19, 2021
nitrogen:

This is a major issue. If we lose, more pressure on Ole, but we may need to say goodbye to UCL competition this season. If we win the game, then Ole gets more time to sort things out.

The game against Liverpool at the weekend will determine alot going forward and I hope we lose. Having said that we need to beat Atlanta any which way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 11:59am On Oct 19, 2021
afrodoc2:

What has GNeville said about United that's been so bad?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
elampiro:

You still don't get me. I am saying Mourinho will not do well with a young team now. Even if you give Mourinho this team, he will not fly. His best players will be Lingard and Bissaka. Even McTominay will get ahead of Bruno and Pogba.

Mourinho should be coaching Cameroon

What is young about the team that has Ronaldo, Cavani, Pogba, Lingard, Varane, Matic, Fred, Mata, Lee Grant, etc?

This is a classic Mourinho squad. A mixture of youths and old heads. That Ole is intellectually useless to make this team greater than the sum of its parts isn’t Mourinho’s fault.

Ronaldo plays for Portugal and has scored plenty of goals for them. Does he press and chase the ball like a dog for Portugal? How does their coach still manage to get the best out of him and make him productive?

A player as deadly as Ronaldo shouldn’t be pressing. Ronaldo/Messi have both earned the rights not to press anyone. There are still 9 other outfield players who can do the pressing.

Using that as an excuse is just irresponsible from these idiotic British journalists to excuse Ole. United lost twice to Leicester last season without Ronaldo. Nobody blamed the lack of pressing as the reason for the losses.

Give this team to Mourinho and he will win all the domestic titles in the country this season.

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2021
When Jamie Carragher has more standards for his arch rival than ex united footballers

https://twitter.com/Carra23/status/1450172241237446657?t=9zPUWDZA6nYEUB-FgYpKAg&s=19
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:06pm On Oct 19, 2021
MRTA7:

What has GNeville said about United that's been so bad?

I am not sure what the guy is currently complaining about but I know in the past I have heard Neville direct blame at players in what many perceive as an attempt to protect his boy Amaka.

Like I said however, disagreeing with him over an issue can’t magically erase 20 yrs of service. He is a club legend because of long term service on the pitch, not because of his punditry.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 12:11pm On Oct 19, 2021
afrodoc2:

I am not sure what the guy is currently complaining about but I know in the past I have heard Neville direct blame at players in what many perceive as an attempt to protect his boy Amaka.

Like I said however, disagreeing with him over an issue can’t magically erase 20 yrs of service. He is a club legend because of long term service on the pitch, not because of his punditry.

OK, Because all season he has pretty much said the team has been badly organised and poorly setup even on Monday night football. He will obviously not call for Ole to be sacked because that would be madness. He never called for Jose or LvG or Moyes to be sacked. But also because Ole is his friend. So I dont really know what fans are expecting from him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by maik99(m): 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2021
ChristoBam:

He runs forward to press because none of our towards do that. He runs backwards a lot of times to make tackcles or add to the bodies at the back when we're being attacked. But you're saying he runs without direction. And you'll later come to say something about Bruno stans.

I don tire for the guy matter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:21pm On Oct 19, 2021
MRTA7:

OK, Because all season he has pretty much said the team has been badly organised and poorly setup even on Monday night football. He will obviously not call for Ole to be sacked because that would be madness. He never called for Jose or LvG or Moyes to be sacked. But also because Ole is his friend. So I dont really know what fans are expecting from him.

You are actually right. There has been a change this season. He has actually said as much as he can say for now.

Fans want him to call out and ask for the sack of his friend of 25yrs. Something that they would not do if they were in his shoes.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 12:28pm On Oct 19, 2021
LostMyZeal:
Abeg oh...is there a reason they refer to this silly G.Neville as a Legend?

And if he's a legend, then legend of where

It can't be a coincidence that fans of other clubs are saying Ole should be given time na. Naah, it can't be sad

They're probably enjoying Ole's moonwalk progression

You dey go back, but e be like say you dey go front cry

Neville is a hypocrite, the worst type. He has lost all credibility with the fans. United fans are now sick of him. It’s a disgrace that Carragher has now overtaken him in punditry.

Gary Neville is a club owner - he has sacked at least 4 managers in recent times including Richie Wellens that won him the EFL trophy and yet he’s asking United to keep Ole who has underperformed for 3 years straight.

To be fair to him, he never asked for the sacking of Jose or LVG. So his criticism isn’t really about asking for Ole’s sack, the criticism is moving the goalposts for Ole and lowering the standards of this great club.

When Mourinho had the worst defensive unit ever to play for United, Neville demanded Mourinho must win the league in his 3rd season. Now, he’s saying winning a domestic cup or Europa cup and a top 4 finish is a successful season for Ole(after 3 seasons).

The other nonsense he uttered was that United hired world class coaches in the past and they failed - so Ole should be kept. Now the question is this. How did Mourinho fail after winning Carling cup and Europa Cup but Ole would be successful if he wins a domestic cup and Europa cup?

The problem with pundits like Neville is that they talk too much that they begin to contradict themselves. Mourinho failed by winning 2 cups with the worst squad in recent memories but Ole should be considered a success if he wins those same cups with a superior team? cheesy

Before Ronaldo was signed, Neville actually insisted that if Man Utd signed Harry Kane, United would outrightly win the league. United had completed the transfers of Sancho and Varane by then. United did him better by signing the greatest goal scorer on the planet(Ronaldo), Neville is now saying a top 4 finish should be considered a successful season.

When Ole gets sacked and arrested, Neville should be thrown into jail with him. They can continue their friendship in Pentonville Prison. Gary Neville is the most useless member of the class of 92. I used to think Scholes was the worst, but Neville has surpassed him.

Their mates(Zidane, Vieira, Pep, etc) are all on the touchline trying their hands in football management while the class of 92 cult sit behind giant screens and make dreadful opinions, protect their idiotic Norwegian PE teacher. Carragher is more of a United legend than Neville will ever be for us - and Carragher never even kicked a ball for United.

Gary Neville can do one.

12 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by maik99(m): 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2021
Joezinho:

I heard the failed Gollum is whining man utd failed to sign a midfielder. That man is cursed .
Even Pep who's been backed to the hilt didn't get the striker he wanted this summer. He just got on with it, turned Ferran Torres into a false 9 which worked well and they're comfortably in a title race.

Liverpool fans were kicking off this summer about the lack of signings and their fans were genuinely worried about United overtaking them again long term. Did Klopp whine about it? No. He got on with it and they look a frightening team right now.

When Tuchel came in last season, they didn't have a single competent goalscorer. Their highest goalscorer was their PK taker Jorginho with something like 7 goals. Did he complain about it and say wait until I get a striker next season? No. He dragged Chelsea back into a CL place in the league and won the CL itself.
That's what elite managers do. Thats the difference between top managers and Ole. They find solutions whilst Ole finds problems to mask his own deficiencies.

I shock when I heard Ole complained about a CDM..how many times did he reiterate that he was "more than happy" with his squad this summer again?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 12:40pm On Oct 19, 2021
Joezinho:

I heard the failed Gollum is whining man utd failed to sign a midfielder. That man is cursed.
Even Pep who's been backed to the hilt didn't get the striker he wanted this summer. He just got on with it, turned Ferran Torres into a false 9 which worked well and they're comfortably in a title race.

Liverpool fans were kicking off this summer about the lack of signings and their fans were genuinely worried about United overtaking them again long term. Did Klopp whine about it? No. He got on with it and they look a frightening team right now.

When Tuchel came in last season, they didn't have a single competent goalscorer. Their highest goalscorer was their PK taker Jorginho with something like 7 goals. Did he complain about it and say wait until I get a striker next season? No. He dragged Chelsea back into a CL place in the league and won the CL itself.

That's what elite managers do. Thats the difference between top managers and Ole. They find solutions whilst Ole finds problems to mask his own deficiencies.

Pay no mind to that Norwegian fraud.

He was the one that signed Donny Van De Beek into a squad that was already struggling to fit in Pogba, Lingard, Bruno, Matic, Fred and McSauce into a 3 man midfield.

After signing Donny, he’s refused to play him. Donny even went as far as branding himself as a defensive midfielder to get minutes under Ole, yet Ole refused to play him.

Donny’s agent made a move to join Everton in the summer and the useless Ole blocked the move. If he had allowed Donny to move, the money would have gotten Ole a Bissouma or a Camavinga signing.

He won’t play Donny and yet he won’t allow Donny to move and get money to buy the kind of midfielder he wants. Now he has the audacity to be whining about one midfielder he didn’t get.

If you get him that midfielder in January, he would make yet another excuse. The man is a failure and I am happy the pressure is finally on his shoulders. If he gets beat by Atalanta and Liverpool, I expect his sacking by end of the month.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 12:42pm On Oct 19, 2021
nitrogen:

Game wey he suppose for 1st match, e go lose. Assuming he won, we fit sacrifice Atalanta, to hasten the sack. But, wetin man go wish for naw.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 12:43pm On Oct 19, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Lmao.. let’s see if Atlanta agrees with you.

De Gea better pad his gloves well, because there’ll be lots of saves to make. If e die, na shot kill am.

E fit surprise you make he put Henderson for post cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 12:48pm On Oct 19, 2021
Illimitable:

Neville is a hypocrite, the worst type. He has lost all credibility with the fans. United fans are now sick of him. It’s a disgrace that Carragher has now overtaken him in punditry.

Gary Neville is a club owner - he has sacked at least 4 managers in recent times including Richie Wellens that won him the EFL trophy and yet he’s asking United to keep Ole who has underperformed for 3 years straight.

To be fair to him, he never asked for the sacking of Ole or LVG. So his criticism isn’t really about asking for Ole’s sack, the criticism is moving the goalposts for Ole and lowering the standards of this great club.

When Mourinho had the worst defensive unit ever to play for United, Neville demanded Mourinho must win the league in his 3rd season. Now, he’s saying winning a domestic cup or Europa cup and a top 4 finish is a successful season for Ole(after 3 seasons).

The other nonsense he uttered was that United hired world class coaches in the past and they failed - so Ole should be kept. Now the question is this. How did Mourinho fail after winning Carling cup and Europa Cup but Ole would be successful if he wins a domestic cup and Europa cup?

The problem with pundits like Neville is that they talk too much that they begin to contradict themselves. Mourinho failed by winning 2 cups with the worst squad in recent memories but Ole should be considered a success if he wins those same cups with a superior team? cheesy

Before Ronaldo was signed, Neville actually insisted that if Man Utd signed Harry Kane, United would outrightly win the league. United had completed the transfers of Sancho and Varane by then. United did him better by signing the greatest goal scorer on the planet(Ronaldo), Neville is now saying a top 4 finish should be considered a successful season.

When Ole gets sacked and arrested, Neville should be thrown into jail with him. They can continue their friendship in Pentonville Prison. Gary Neville is the most useless member of the class of 92. I used to think Scholes was the worst, but Neville has surpassed him.

Their mates(Zidane, Vieira, Pep, etc) are all on the touchline trying their hands in football management while the class of 92 cult sit behind giant screens and make dreadful opinions, protect their idiotic Norwegian PE teacher. Carragher is more of a United legend than Neville will ever be for us - and Carragher never even kicked a ball for United.

Gary Neville can do one.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oh you really see through the nauseating hypocrisy, eh?

They can protect Ole all they want,but the players will sack him for us

His miserable days are numbered

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 12:48pm On Oct 19, 2021
Atalanta should please do the needful
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2021
LostMyZeal:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Oh you really see through the nauseating hypocrisy, eh?
They can protect Ole all they want,but the players will sack him for us
His miserable days are numbered

The hypocrisy is grating. He doesn’t have to call for Ole’s sacking but at least say the truth. How is he a pundit or a club legend if he’s putting his friendship with Ole before the club he claims to support.

History will not forget this saga.

Searchingvictor:

Game wey he suppose for 1st match, e go lose. Assuming he won, we fit sacrifice Atalanta, to hasten the sack. But, wetin man go wish for naw.

Atalanta are a better team than Leicester, Aston Villa or Young Boys. Debarring any accident like an early red card or penalty, they should pump Ole. They don’t need our help to beat Ole.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by johnson0: 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2021
Illimitable:

I thought you said it was elite coaching that gave Pep the edge, not the money.

United didn’t spend big. Mourinho signed a total of 11 players throughout his stay at United, Zlatan was even a free transfer out of the 11.

Pep on the other hand signed 22 players in his first two seasons. Add that to the quality he met on ground

Why are you triggered that Madrid wanted Mourinho? The Spurs offer came after his appearances for SkySports and BEIN Sports. When Madrid learnt he was going to Spurs, they offered him £12m to wait until Zidane’s contract was expired.

So the offer didn’t come while he was in SkySports, it came when Daniel Levy offered him a contract. Another offer came in 2021 when Zidane finally left.

He’s Mourinho - he will always be in high demand.

lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 19, 2021
In as much I don't want us to lose against Atlanta because it'll hurt our chances of progressing from the group stage..... A lose against them and another lose against Liverpool at the weekend might finally get Ole sacked...

A necessary evil maybe undecided

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 1:12pm On Oct 19, 2021
melodyogonna:

I think you might be a little ... confused, just a tad bit. I specifically mentioned Ronaldo. Any football fan in the world knows that his overall game contribution has reduced to only goals in the last few years. You can still miss the point sha and decide to argue another thing entirely, na you sabi
Ronaldo does well for Portugal, yet struggle at United. You have Ronaldo in attack, yet your full backs or wingers can't put in crosses for him to head home. Your team cannot build up play from the back, and it's damn to slow when they even try to do so. You want Ronaldo to be running upandan the pitch at 36, the ball should be getting to Ronaldo if the style of play was good enough. At least the entire world knows what he can do with the ball inside or even outside the box. Continue blaming Ronaldo, we will sign Halaand next season with Ole still in charge, and you will blame Halaand for not running around the pitch pressing b.reast too...

(1) (2) (3) ... (11028) (11029) (11030) (11031) (11032) (11033) (11034) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: olabode89(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.