Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8774896 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11129) (11130) (11131) (11132) (11133) (11134) (11135) ... (14174) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 7:43pm On Oct 29, 2021
liveLongNprospa:

So if you didn't watch Madrid post Ronaldo, what are you basing your arguments on?? Sentiment?
Like I said you cannot talk about tactics when Zidane has shown tactical masterclass beyond what Pep has done.

Okay out Gengen pressing, what other game plan does klopp employ That will successfully win him trophies?
Ghen ghen pressing is his style of play.

I believe style of play is different from tactics

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CAPdan21(m): 7:43pm On Oct 29, 2021
Illimitable:

By this metric, Roy Keane is a better manager than Klopp.

Roy Keane took Sunderland from 2nd bottom in the championship to winning the championship title in the same season. Surely, that’s a bigger feat than what Klopp achieved at Mainz.

Secondly, a team that could afford to get rid of such talents aren’t easy teams to manage. The greater the talents, the more expectations. Ole was doing fine with his mediocrity until he signed Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo.

Pep took one of the most difficult jobs in the world in 2008. It could have ended like Lampard for him but dude went on to win every trophy he competed for. Messi or no Messi, that’s a laudable achievement.
Who compared Pep to Ole...Pep is obviously a very good coach and light years above Ole same with klopp... People trying to lessen klopp achievements because he spent 3 years to do it fail to recognize that if u don't have money to spend or have pre-existing top players you have to put in the hard yards...the only season klopp spent up to 100m he delivered the CL can't say that for either Pep or Zidane

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 7:45pm On Oct 29, 2021
liveLongNprospa:

You say?
Let Ancellotti not win something first then you'll know if the fans keh about progress ni. The only manager that I know in recent memory was trophy-less for the season and yet Madrid fans didn't care was Zidane last season.. Watch his last two years in Madrid my guy.
If he finishes 2nd, we'll see whether they'll sack him

Can we bookmark it?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 7:48pm On Oct 29, 2021
Android17:
We all know that game has a draw written all over it. I say draw only because Tottenham are home and just lost a game to West Ham. The game also has a Harry Kane goal written all over it. Ole's job is not going to be determined by this game or against MCFC. He will have to have a bad stretch of games combined with those games to lose it. Of course if he loses heavily to Tottenham he will be fired.

Both coaches are on the hot seat and are getting the wrong attention. I will admit, Nuno is under more pressure than Ole is and I believe he is in a must win situation, else he may gone before next weekend. Another loss for United, especially a bad one, is a luxury Ole can not afford even if you believe his job does not depend on a result against Spuds. United fans are renowned to be very aggressive and it that is not something Ole, the players and owners want to see again. Ole goes into this game looking to avoid a bad result and while a draw may keep his job (which is my hope), it doesn't take the pressure off him.

#OLEIN
#WEBELIEVEINDNA
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android17: 7:56pm On Oct 29, 2021
Roland17:

Both coaches are on the hot seat and are getting the wrong attention. I will admit, Nuno is under more pressure than Ole is and I believe he is in a must win situation, else he may gone before next weekend. Another loss for United, especially a bad one, is a luxury Ole can not afford even if you believe his job does not depend on a result against Spuds. United fans are renowned to be very aggressive and it that is not something Ole, the players and owners want to see again. Ole goes into this game looking to avoid a bad result and while a draw may keep his job (which is my hope), it doesn't take the pressure off him.

#OLEIN
#WEBELIEVEINDNA
I completely agree.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:59pm On Oct 29, 2021
Jodera:
Ghen ghen pressing is his style of play.

I believe style of play is different from tactics
What do you think makes style of play effective outside tactics?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:59pm On Oct 29, 2021
Jodera:
If he finishes 2nd, we'll see whether they'll sack him

Can we bookmark it?
Feel free
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 8:14pm On Oct 29, 2021
Illimitable:

By this metric, Roy Keane is a better manager than Klopp.

Roy Keane took Sunderland from 2nd bottom in the championship to winning the championship title in the same season. Surely, that’s a bigger feat than what Klopp achieved at Mainz.
1) No, Keane didn't get Sunderland their first 1st division football..
2) Klopp has other trophies...

Illimitable:

Secondly, a team that could afford to get rid of such talents aren’t easy teams to manage. The greater the talents, the more expectations. Ole was doing fine with his mediocrity until he signed Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo.

Pep isn't the first coach to manage egos...
Other coaches have done it and succeeded in the past and are still succeeding currently..

Illimitable:

Pep took one of the most difficult jobs in the world in 2008. It could have ended like Lampard for him but dude went on to win every trophy he competed for. Messi or no Messi, that’s a laudable achievement.

First of all, I believe delivering to Dortmund their first league title since 2001 was more difficult to achieve..
Delivering our first league title since before players like Jones and Arnold were born was also more difficult...
Now, Barcelona were successful then, Rijkaard(who inherited a team that hadn't won a title in some years) delivered two back2back league titles for them(a champions league trophy too) two seasons before Guardiola was appointed...
Frank promoted Messi, Iniesta and had players like Dinho,Eto and they likes of them..
Obviously,they team already had an air of success around them..
Pep met good players, bought better ones and every player he had was world class...
Post Pep, Barcelona has lifted numerous titles

Post Barcelona, Pep hasn't lifted the champions league despite spending considerably more than every other coach within that time period and having first pick of players...
Bayern has lifted the champions league since he left..
City got him for success in Europe but nothing of such has happened...
To put it in perspective, Tuchel and Klopp have lifted the champions league in England despite spending considerably less..
Klopp is clearly in Pep's ball park and in some people's opinions, better than Pep..
Need I remind you that Fergie called Klopp personally requesting he take over United.. Fergie wouldn't do that if Klopp didn't have the nous(both tactically and charisma wise) needed to be that guy..

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:29pm On Oct 29, 2021
Jodera:
Stuttgart a and Wolfsburg winning is anomaly

And Dortmund no be anomaly?

Since Bayern don become solid nothing for them again even Klopp nothing for am
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 80sjamshophip: 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2021
They will sack pochettino soon and replace him with zidane
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android17: 8:33pm On Oct 29, 2021
AnfieldFan:

1) No, Keane didn't get Sunderland their first 1st division football..
2) Klopp has other trophies...

Pep isn't the first coach to manage egos...
Other coaches have done it and succeeded in the past and are still succeeding currently..

First of all, I believe delivering to Dortmund their first league title since 2001 was more difficult to achieve..
Delivering our first league title since before players like Jones and Arnold were born was also more difficult...
Now, Barcelona were successful then, Rijkaard(who inherited a team that hadn't won a title in some years) delivered two back2back league titles for them(a champions league trophy too) two seasons before Guardiola was appointed...
Frank promoted Messi, Iniesta and had players like Dinho,Eto and they likes of them..
Obviously,they team already had an air of success around them..
Pep met good players, bought better ones and every player he had was world class...
Post Pep, Barcelona has lifted numerous titles

Post Barcelona, Pep hasn't lifted the champions league despite spending considerably more than every other coach within that time period and having first pick of players...
Bayern has lifted the champions league since he left..
City got him for success in Europe but nothing of such has happened...
To put it in perspective, Tuchel and Klopp have lifted the champions league in England despite spending considerably less..
Klopp is clearly in Pep's ball park and in some people's opinions, better than Pep..
Need I remind you that Fergie called Klopp personally requesting he take over United.. Fergie wouldn't do that if Klopp didn't have the nous(both tactically and charisma wise) needed to be that guy..
Zidane started his career at 3rd division of Spanish football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 80sjamshophip: 8:44pm On Oct 29, 2021
No mbappe no party for psg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MorataFC: 8:45pm On Oct 29, 2021
Illimitable:

Daylight savings time.

The people abroad fashioned a way to make better use or daylight by moving the clocks back or moving it forward.

I am guessing you live in Nigeria so this is sort of new to you. Nigeria is near the equator, day and night are nearly the same length (12 hours).

But elsewhere on Earth, there is much more daylight in the summer and there’s less daylight in the winter. In places like Vancouver in the winter, it’s already dark by 4pm in the evening and the sun won’t set again until about 8am in the morning.

This is why the clocks get moved up and down to make use of daylight and maybe to conserve energy/fuel/electricity, etc.
Good job up there Mr man, now I know better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 9:13pm On Oct 29, 2021
Android17:
Zidane started his career at 3rd division of Spanish football.

Okk
Which club did he manage?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 9:17pm On Oct 29, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Okk

Real Madrid Castilla was his first coaching stint.

No manager in the history of football has ever won Champions League back to back to back..

Whatever Klopp/Tuchel have done in their respective career added together is not up to what Zizou did at Madrid..

Zizou is the most underrated manager ever. If Pep did what Zizou did, the whole world would be licking his balls, calling him the greatest ever manager in the history of football

11 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2021
thorrvik55:

Real Madrid Castilla was his first coaching stint.

No manager in the history of football has ever won Champions League back to back to back..

Whatever Klopp/Tuchel have done in their respective career added together is not up to what Zizou did at Madrid..

Zizou is the most underrated manager ever. If Pep did what Zizou did, the whole world would be licking his balls, calling him the greatest ever manager in the history of football

Is Castilla not Madrid??

So we've heard, but still yet, he's not rated on the same level as Pep/Klopp...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 9:40pm On Oct 29, 2021
CAPdan21:

Who compared Pep to Ole...Pep is obviously a very good coach and light years above Ole same with klopp... People trying to lessen klopp achievements because he spent 3 years to do it fail to recognize that if u don't have money to spend or have pre-existing top players you have to put in the hard yards...the only season klopp spent up to 100m he delivered the CL can't say that for either Pep or Zidane

How much did Mourinho spend at Porto to win the CL? You don’t need money or the number of years it took Klopp to win a trophy.

Klopp that usually sacrifices other cup competitions to thrive. Klopp has never won FA cup or the league cup in 6 years in the PL. Klopp usually focuses on one competition and commit all his resources into that competition.

Meanwhile, Mourinho, Pep, SAF, Enrique fired on all fronts to deliver the TREBLE. There are levels to this management ish. What Zidane did at Madrid is as good as winning the TREBLE too. Until Zidane, no team had successfully defended their CL title. He did it 3 times in a row.

Klopp is one or two tiers below these elite managers(for now). He could go on and do 5 CL titles in a row later in future but for now, Klopp is a tier 2 manager. I saw Liverpool players with the CL trophy and the PL trophy together with the intention of deceiving people that both trophies were won in a single season.

Klopp’s brain power cannot manage such feats.

11 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 10:07pm On Oct 29, 2021
Illimitable:

How much did Mourinho spend at Porto to win the CL? You don’t need money or the number of years it took Klopp to win a trophy.

Klopp that usually sacrifices other cup competitions to thrive. Klopp has never won FA cup or the league cup in 6 years in the PL. Klopp usually focuses on one competition and commit all his resources into that competition.

Meanwhile, Mourinho, Pep, SAF, Enrique fired on all fronts to deliver the TREBLE. There are levels to this management ish. What Zidane did at Madrid is as good as winning the TREBLE too. Until Zidane, no team had successfully defended their CL title. He did it 3 times in a row.

Klopp is one or two tiers below these elite managers(for now). He could go on and do 5 CL titles in a row later in future but for now, Klopp is a tier 2 manager. I saw Liverpool players with the CL trophy and the PL trophy together with the intention of deceiving people that both trophies were won in a single season.

Absolute hogwash...And nobody agrees with you..
Has Pep won the Champions league and premier league in the same season since he came to England..How many FA Cup titles has he won....
I don't even comprehend what you mean by Liverpool players were trying to deceive... Deceive who and what, we're in the 21st century..TV's, internet and social media are a thing... Everyone knows when they won what they won so who were they people they were trying to deceive...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:18pm On Oct 29, 2021
grin

Ole Gunnar Solskjær to Sky Sports: “My 18 years at Manchester United are not going to be defined by these few weeks — I'm not going to let a period like this define me”.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 10:26pm On Oct 29, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... But na this same pep win 2 cl in 3yrs even as a rookie... Abi??
beating the same manager na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 10:27pm On Oct 29, 2021
Jodera:
What was the good Job he did at Dortmund? Remind me please?
Is reaching finals and losing it an achievement in PSG ? If yes, why then is klopp slandered?

Is winning Pep in cup competition now a trophy? Why don't you wait let west ham win it before singing Moyes praise grin
point of correction I wrote, he beat pep in pep cup cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 10:28pm On Oct 29, 2021
Oasis007:
grin

Ole Gunnar Solskjær to Sky Sports: “My 18 years at Manchester United are not going to be defined by these few weeks — I'm not going to let a period like this define me”.
He better leave now before it describes him grin werey ni bobo yi sha. Omo Scandinavia oni Eeh? Eeeh? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 10:31pm On Oct 29, 2021
coogar:

benitez never won a league title in england. he fluked a UCL title though - but that was after he gave up on chasing the league title & concentrated the club's effort in europe.

benitez is a disgrace, abeg! ronaldo still has about 3-4 years to give at top level. he's a machine. he's 30 in the real sense but his body functions like a 25 year old player. let's buy him abeg.....
grin grin He was right tho

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:40pm On Oct 29, 2021
handelex:
Living without hope or being "hopeneutral" ain't no salvation cheesy

You won't find salvation there trust me.

Unlike OleIn like you and OleOut like patrick I watch our matches with a relaxed mind.

If you watch our games like you are watching Jumong you will be saved from tribulations. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CAPdan21(m): 10:44pm On Oct 29, 2021
[
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android17: 10:45pm On Oct 29, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Okk
He managed the Real Madrid Castilla team that plied its trade in the 3rd division. It was the success he was achieving with that team that enabled them to appoint him as the manager of the main Real Madrid squad. What should he have done since then? Your Mainz argument for Klopp is unsubstantiated if you would not extend it the same way for Zidane. To dismiss Zizou's achievements you have to prove that what he achieved was easy, reproducible and could have been achieved without him none of which you can prove. You are allowed to prefer Klopp and his style of play but you are not allowed to claim that it dwarves Zizous as that will be blatantly false.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Afz9095(m): 10:48pm On Oct 29, 2021
Solskjaer on "Ole's at the wheel" being sang in games around Europe: "I'm aware. It's flattering to know that the good work I have been doing is being appreciated by more than just #mufc. Hopefully our own fans can also sing tomorrow, I would really like that." #mulive
cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CAPdan21(m): 10:51pm On Oct 29, 2021
Illimitable:

This makes no sense and reeks of envy... Liverpool players trying to deceive who??...Klopp took both Dortmund and Liverpool to 3 CL finals on a fraction of the budget of his major rivals this he did without breaking the bank or having a crutch of pre-existing world class players like Zidane, Enrique and Co yet he is two tiers below those coaches no wonder he won Fifa best coach 2 years in a row...Klopp makes winners
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:59pm On Oct 29, 2021
TrebleChamp:
This needless Zidane/Klopp comparison his helping our thread grow in pages. Keep it up guys, we might just get to 12000 pages by Sunday...

Lol. I just weak as dey hijack the thread.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:20pm On Oct 29, 2021
Afz9095:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

The idiot is so slow. Maybe he just joking sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 1:10am On Oct 30, 2021
CAPdan21:

This makes no sense and reeks of envy... Liverpool players trying to deceive who??...Klopp took both Dortmund and Liverpool to 3 CL finals on a fraction of the budget of his major rivals this he did without breaking the bank or having a crutch of pre-existing world class players like Zidane, Enrique and Co yet he is two tiers below those coaches no wonder he won Fifa best coach 2 years in a row...Klopp makes winners

kLoPP mAkEs wINnErS grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 1:19am On Oct 30, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Absolute hogwash...And nobody agrees with you..
Has Pep won the Champions league and premier league in the same season since he came to England..How many FA Cup titles has he won....
I don't even comprehend what you mean by Liverpool players were trying to deceive... Deceive who and what, we're in the 21st century..TV's, internet and social media are a thing... Everyone knows when they won what they won so who were they people they were trying to deceive...

I don’t make comments for people to agree with me, I only speak the truth.

Pep won Sextuple in 2009
Pep won European double in 2011
Pep has won multiple basic doubles/trebles in Bayern and Man City.

Klopp is yet to win two competitions in a single season. Any basic manager can dump all his resources in one competition, deliberately get knocked out in the other competitions.

JK is getting there but he’s not amongst the elite by any means. He needs to do more. If I were to ask you to name managers that have done the TREBLE, Klopp’s name would be conspicuously absent from your list.

So tell me, how’s he elite?

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11129) (11130) (11131) (11132) (11133) (11134) (11135) ... (14174) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2, kizolo(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.