Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8768862 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) ... (14170) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:39pm On Oct 10, 2014
Blackett was PROMOTED to the 1st team
And there's a wage structure for united 1st team players
Why pay him like he is playing for torino's 1st team?

He is a now a 1st team Player earning what united 1st team players should earn.
No biggie.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 7:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
PietroRico:

No biggie.

Why argue his wages on a forum?

Especially when your opinion is inconsequential
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:02pm On Oct 10, 2014
mcfarlin:

Why argue his wages on a forum?

Especially when your opinion is inconsequential
all our arguments/opinions here are inconsequential too tbh

If we were to discuss only 'consequential' issues here, a page wouldn't be filled in a decade

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MicSmith: 8:17pm On Oct 10, 2014
Blackett is composed on the ball and has a good passing range. But he lacks awareness, positioning and man marking skills. This pay hike is just crazy. Maybe van gaal sees potential. Luke is definitely overpaid
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
MicSmith:
Blackett is composed on the ball and has a good passing range. But he lacks awareness, positioning and man marking skills. This pay hike is just crazy. Maybe van gaal sees potential. Luke is definitely overpaid

he's a left back - not really a centre-half, he was just filling in for the crocks in our midst. blackett is the tall version of evra - his dribbling skill is first class & he understands wing play to the T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37qnHWDNbnM

this is blackett taking the pïss on his markers....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:23pm On Oct 10, 2014
Like Pietro said, i noticed something about our first team wage structure.

... 50K upwards... So blackett been promoted deserves his wage
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 9:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
What is RVP's problem? He is truly becoming Hyenaic
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
PietroRico:
No biggie.
Seriously I fail to see the sense in offering a teenager like Luke Shaw £100k a week.
Especially the type that has nothing on his resume.
I think this 7th place finish last season has turned us into a sad joke to the point where we hsve to throw gigsntic wages at nobodies to get them to look out way.
it says much about your wage structure when a player with only 6 senior appearances is given a 2400% pay-rise based on previous history of paying non entities crazy money.

But you fellas seem to be failing to realize that we started this mess by offering somebody who is currently experiencing verbal diarrhea £52k weekly wages in 2000. thats right, the bitter Roy Keane was British football's first mega wage earner yet he's claiming not to care about United.
what a hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by aieo(m): 11:06pm On Oct 10, 2014
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 11:06pm On Oct 10, 2014
StarBoard:

Seriously I fail to see the sense in offering a teenager like Luke Shaw £100k a week.
I think this 7th place finish last season has turned us into a sad joke to the point where we hsve to throw gigsntic wages at nobodies to get them to look out way.
it says much about your wage structure when a player with only 6 senior appearances is given a 2400% pay-rise based on previous history of paying non entities crazy money.

But you fellas seem to be failing to realize that we started this mess by offering somebody who is currently experiencing verbal diarrhea £52k weekly wages in 2000. thats right, the bitter Roy Keane was British football's first mega wage earner yet he's claiming not to care about United.
what a hypocrite.

By the way, Roy Keane thinks you are a clueless glory hunter living a pointless life on the other side of the world to Manchester ... grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 11:27pm On Oct 10, 2014
Nihilist:

By the way, Roy Keane thinks you are a clueless glory hunter living a pointless life on the other side of the world to Manchester ... grin grin
But Roy Keane can choke on your pinkie kock for all I care...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
leggo:
But Roy Keane can choke on your pinkie kock for all I care...

i looked into the matter & roy keane never said what nihilist is running with. some alcoholic chelsea fans came up with that fake quotes to cause chaos.

this is what roy keane said.....

I loved everything about United. From the day I signed for them. I just think it suited my personality. I loved the team, I loved the way we played. I liked all the lads, I liked the training, I liked the way we travelled. I liked the pressure. I liked the United fans. I thought they were pretty switched on, even when we lost – they’d be going mad, but a nice mad.

I liked the demands. The kit. The badge. The history. I liked living in Manchester. I got on well with the manager. There was trust there – a big word in football. I liked the staff. Everyone at the training ground. The groundsmen. The different coaches over the years. Brian Kidd. Jim Ryan. Steve McClaren. Walter Smith. Carlos Queiroz. Micky Phelan. And winning – I enjoyed the winning.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 1:24am On Oct 11, 2014
coogar:

i looked into the matter & roy keane never said what nihilist is running with. some alcoholic chelsea fans came up with that fake quotes to cause chaos.

I loved everything about United. From the day I signed for them. I just think it suited my personality. I loved the team, I loved the way we played. I liked all the lads, I liked the training, I liked the way we travelled. I liked the pressure. I liked the United fans. I thought they were pretty switched on, even when we lost – they’d be going mad, but a nice mad.

I liked the demands. The kit. The badge. The history. I liked living in Manchester. I got on well with the manager. There was trust there – a big word in football. I liked the staff. Everyone at the training ground. The groundsmen. The different coaches over the years. Brian Kidd. Jim Ryan. Steve McClaren. Walter Smith. Carlos Queiroz. Micky Phelan. And winning – I enjoyed the winning.
even a rotten brain embedded in a carcass since 2000BC cannot believe that Roy Keane, who was once the leader of a club the size of Manchester United, will say such despicable words about the fans.

I have also been trying to validate that quote since I saw the dumb attempt of a pix. I'm not sure this is just mere banter because it is already bothering on suicide, the distance Chelsea fans will travel to taunt Manchester United players/fans.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:22am On Oct 11, 2014
StarBoard:

Have we all forgotten the kind of Competition we faced to sign shaw ?
All the decent sides came in after him if we didn't pay him that much money we lose him to other teams that can offer champ league football.
Shaw is a very good play,with the Ability to be one of the finest LB in the world.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 5:10am On Oct 11, 2014
ChristineC:

even a rotten brain embedded in a carcass since 2000BC cannot believe that Roy Keane, who was once the leader of a club the size of Manchester United, will say such despicable words about the fans.

I have also been trying to validate that quote since I saw the dumb attempt of a pix. I'm not sure this is just mere banter because it is already bothering on suicide, the distance Chelsea fans will travel to taunt Manchester United players/fans.

Gbam!!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 11, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Have we all forgotten the kind of Competition we faced to sign shaw ?
All the decent sides came in after him if we didn't pay him that much money we lose him to other teams that can offer champ league football.
Shaw is a very good play,with the Ability to be one of the finest LB in the world.
which competition?
The only name I heard was Chelsea who weren't really interested in signing him. They dropped him the moment they heard his wage demands after rationalising the situation the way some of us are doing at the moment: no previous experience to justify his demands.
Plus there were better alternatives at LB. Fabio Coentrao who is out of favor at Real readily springs to mind.
That signing is still a scam to me.
After signing him hes been injured much of the time to the point of him not hsving a pre-season.
Pray tell me mate, what all the fuss was about signing Luke Shaw?
He showed us how good he can be with the penalty he gave away last time out. He's also a Brit being paid over-the-top wages, so I dont see where your optimism sbout him is coming from.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:50am On Oct 11, 2014
REACTION: lol

Yes, the only light of my life is waking up at odd times of the day to catch a United game. Or hanging out at the local United supporters' club every matchday and singing despite losing at home to the likes of Newcastle and Swansea. I even gave up studying for my final University exams for the 2008 Champions League final. Game went on till 4 in the morning, somehow got booze during that time and went to write my exam drunk. All because my life depends on mooching off a football club's success. I've spent a fortune following United, especially since I started working since my work requires a lot of travel and one can't find a TV set everywhere.

I understand these quotes are likely to be fake, but it annoys me when people use this ridiculous logic for foreign fans. We're more loyal than the c*nts who go to games and leave early or the ones who abused Cleverley. Besides, us gloryhunters are part of the reason why United are such a huge club and can afford the likes of Di Maria without Champions League football.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:08am On Oct 11, 2014
StarBoard:

which competition?
The only name I heard was Chelsea who weren't really interested in signing him. They dropped him the moment they heard his wage demands after rationalising the situation the way some of us are doing at the moment: no previous experience to justify his demands.
Plus there were better alternatives at LB. Fabio Coentrao who is out of favor at Real readily springs to mind.
That signing is still a scam to me.
After signing him hes been injured much of the time to the point of him not hsving a pre-season.
Pray tell me mate, what all the fuss was about signing Luke Shaw?
He showed us how good he can be with the penalty he gave away last time out. He's also a Brit being paid over-the-top wages, so I dont see where your optimism sbout him is coming from.
Shaw,at 19 has a higher ceiling than any other young LB except for maybe Alaba.
You never heard anyother name than Chelsea because that was his likely Destination if we hadn't thrown huge amount of money at him.
Aside from that contestable penalty,he had a very good game and it just one game.
English player are expensive and are paid more this is a general fact and not only applicable in Shaw's case.
This is my Thought
Worst Case Scenario
Shaw's don't live up to expectation we still have a long time Backup for LB on high wages that won't improve.
Best Case Scenario
We just bought ourselves the new Leighton Banes.
If you're still in doubt take belief in the fact that the people behind the transfer no more than you do concerning this Matters.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 8:23am On Oct 11, 2014
Luke Shaw wins MoTM award with excellent performance for England U21 against Croatia..

Honestly, he's been good in both PL games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 8:59am On Oct 11, 2014
Luke Shaw has been solid in both games so far, albeit not as dominating as Rafael yet but his form and fitness will improve with more appearances. He is definitely a better buy than old Filipe Luis who cannot even displace a right-sided defender from his position tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:07am On Oct 11, 2014
ChristineC:
Luke Shaw has been solid in both games so far, albeit not as dominating as Rafael yet but his form and fitness will improve with more appearances. He is definitely a better buy than old Filipe Luis who cannot even displace a right-sided defender from his position tongue
True talk
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:27am On Oct 11, 2014
Just a bit of trivia
RvP – All time goal scorer for Netherland
Falcao – Second highest goal scorer for
Colombia. 4 goals behind first place
Rooney – Fourth highest goal scorer for
England. 7 behind first
Hernandez – Third highest goal scorer for
Mexico. 2 behind second and 9 behind first.
Although it is unlikely that Hernandez stays
with us, but having 4 players in our books at
the same period, whom in all likelihood are
going to be their country’s all time goal scorer,
is definitely something to be proud of....

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by HARDDON: 10:05am On Oct 11, 2014
PietroRico:
all our arguments/opinions here are inconsequential too tbh

If we were to discuss only 'consequential' issues here, a page wouldn't be filled in a decade

We ain't here to fill a page rather to offer support, promote , recruit , criticize , analyze , congratulate each other and above all, stand solidly behind this One of a kind club Manchester United!

Most of the arguments are uncalled for . it is a united thread and d United way we must thread!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mofee: 10:10am On Oct 11, 2014
r231:
One United
united forever
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 11, 2014
coogar:

ChristineC:

I wouldn't put it past Keane to say something like that about United fans.
Maybe not in the book but somewhere else.

This is someone who coined the phrase "prawn sandwich brigade" at his own supporters.

I'm not even going to try to defend that raving lunatic. irrespective of the opinions of trolls who call others glory hunters.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 11, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Shaw,at 19 has a higher ceiling than any other young LB except for maybe Alaba.
You never heard anyother name than Chelsea because that was his likely Destination if we hadn't thrown huge amount of money at him.
Aside from that contestable penalty,he had a very good game and it just one game.
English player are expensive and are paid more this is a general fact and not only applicable in Shaw's case.
This is my Thought
Worst Case Scenario
Shaw's don't live up to expectation we still have a long time Backup for LB on high wages that won't improve.
Best Case Scenario
We just bought ourselves the new Leighton Banes.
If you're still in doubt take belief in the fact that the people behind the transfer no more than you do concerning this Matters.
You get high hopes sha.
Luke Shaw ain't nowhere near Leighton Baines, who is not a very good defender.
Baines has set piece delivery as his main weapon and perhaps nothing else. He's just a bleh defender for me, not better than Ashley Cole who was left out of the England squad to Brazil. So when you compare him to Baines, it doesn't do much for me either way you want to look at it.
at the emboldened, I'm not so sure that is worth the effort. Paying a back-up that amount is simply folly and doesn't make sense when you can pay better options for less.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:54am On Oct 11, 2014
luke shaw is another british kid who has refused to look after himself. at 19, he looks 29. disproportionate upper body to the lower body.....i forsee a very short career sprinkled with long-term injuries.

moyes must be an idïot to spend nearly £30m when workhorses like contreao or even baines could have been bought for that price. shaw has not performed better than büttner each time he's played so what's the hype about?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:25am On Oct 11, 2014
I'll take Shaw ahead of Buttner and the reason is simple; Buttner was asked to go by his own kinsman. That says a lot no matter how you choose to look at it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:51am On Oct 11, 2014
It looks to me Shaw covers the LB flank better. Blackett has the Evra's tuck in tendencies. Joining the Centre backs in the box instead of going wide to prevent crosses and cut backs from the byline.

Shaw overlaps better in my opinion.

Blackett is better at keeping the ball at his feet in defensive area.

* But this is just the beginning, we will get to know them more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
Buttner plays like someone who has never left the village before and doesn't have a TV to watch refined football. I have never seen such a crude player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 12:41pm On Oct 11, 2014
elampiro:
Buttner plays like someone who has never left the village before and doesn't have a TV to watch refined football. I have never seen such a crude player.

yes.....and he lacks pawa cool angry cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2014
StarBoard:

You get high hopes sha.
Luke Shaw ain't nowhere near Leighton Baines, who is not a very good defender.
Baines has set piece delivery as his main weapon and perhaps nothing else. He's just a bleh defender for me, not better than Ashley Cole who was left out of the England squad to Brazil. So when you compare him to Baines, it doesn't do much for me either way you want to look at it.
at the emboldened, I'm not so sure that is worth the effort. Paying a back-up that amount is simply folly and doesn't make sense when you can pay better options for less.
Shaw at 19,is nowhere as good as Baines but he can be,
In today's market its hard to find FB's great at Both the offense and defense even Coentrao sucks offensively.Ashley cole is one of the rare few great at both.
If Shaw plays as well as Cole or baines I say we lucked out.
We have the money and are currently carrying a few Deadbeats right now.(Young,Anderson) it is the cost of doing business not taking risk is partly why we dey where dey.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) ... (14170) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Mrviktor(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.