Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8727326 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11390) (11391) (11392) (11393) (11394) (11395) (11396) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 10:07am On Dec 12, 2021
BARAJ92:
The type of error Ronaldo performs, if any other player performs it, The player would have been condemn to death.
Against crystal palace also. What am I even saying? Virtually every match. But when presented with a goal scoring opportunity he buries it.

We now have Bruno trying to find him everytime with passes. Telles and Dalot also doing the same.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 10:15am On Dec 12, 2021
ChristoBam:

Against crystal palace also. What am I even saying? Virtually every match. But when presented with a goal scoring opportunity he buries it.

We now have Bruno trying to find him everytime with passes. Telles and Dalot also doing the same.

Feed him and he will score.. Simple and short..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 10:16am On Dec 12, 2021
ChristineC:

we have to be careful about changing too much too soon. if players start falling like flies to injuries, the season will end worse than it started. it was obvious to every discerning eye how tired the whole team played, even from the start of the game.
those trying to lay blames on individuals should understand that fitness levels are conditioned at preseason. trying to recondition in season must be a gradual thing, and the use of the whole squad has to be proportionate to avoid large scale injuries.

We had a whole week rest. With 2 days of no heavy training. I don't know why they'd be tired. It's not like they were pressing or anything.

I've seen this 'they're tired' excuse used numerous times every season whenever we play badly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:16am On Dec 12, 2021
CapitalCee:

Rashford and Bruno were the greatest culprits they were playing like people who just came out from beer palour. Sancho lacks the physicality. Ronaldo wasnt that bad, the attack was shit

Ronaldo missed 2 clear chances. Sancho may lack physically but his take-ons were on point. Bruno seems so weak physically. He's easily bullied off the Ball.

Rashford? He has his Eyes and Mind set on being knighted by the Queen through his Charity. Dude wanna be addressed as Sir Dr. Marcus Rashford MBE as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by metodman(m): 10:21am On Dec 12, 2021
ChristoBam:

Telles and Dalot mostly cross into the box and Ronaldo is the only player out of the 4 attacking players in the 4-2-2 formation who is good with his head. I think that's the reason they target him. Moreover he's the main striker.

I think the team is not balanced... so many players but it doesn't seem like there's enough balance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:22am On Dec 12, 2021
Mrviktor:

Feed him and he will score.. Simple and short..

Same applies to Bruno, he will assist /score/create chances .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 10:26am On Dec 12, 2021
#Bruno Out

#Sell the Idiot

#Kill the Fraudster

cheesy cheesy

But on a serious Note.... Bruno should start getting some time on the bench.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:26am On Dec 12, 2021
Austin Jay Jay Rashford was trying to dribble 2 - 3 defenders throughout the game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:32am On Dec 12, 2021
Expert17:
Austin Jay Jay Rashford was trying to dribble 2 - 3 defenders throughout the game.
While Bruno couldn't differentiate between his teammates and that of Norwich. He spent most his time passing to a Norwich player.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:40am On Dec 12, 2021
eph12:

While Bruno couldn't differentiate between his teammates and that of Norwich. He spent most his time passing to a Norwich player.

Or he was trying too hard to look for CR7/create a chance?

Don't forget he's the most creative player in EPL.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 10:42am On Dec 12, 2021
donstan18:

Una eyes go clear.
Una eye don clear for Lukaku?

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:50am On Dec 12, 2021
I understand your points regarding Bruno.

But

Creative players lose possession/dispossessed the most.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by maik99(m): 10:55am On Dec 12, 2021
Greenwood might be the greatest victim of Ole's "no-press" regime

Dude can't press an opponent to save his life
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by maik99(m): 10:56am On Dec 12, 2021
BARAJ92:
Ronaldo signing was a bad signing, since his signing, we have not won any game convincingly, forget about him bailing us most time, He is the main man and all players will surely try to find him. We complain of not crossing enough, now that our Full back are crossing, what is the result.

This is a great lessons to club to never sign a player just because they want to prevent him from going to a rival team. C.Ronaldo and Messi are only living on past glory, both players will disrupt the playing pattern of their team.

I'd understand CR7 cos any team he joins would have to build around him

But Messi disrupting the playing pattern of a team?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by donstan18: 11:01am On Dec 12, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Una eye don clear for Lukaku?
Still got goals more than Sancho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:04am On Dec 12, 2021
If we Miss out on Ten Haag it is going to be disastrous
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:10am On Dec 12, 2021
Nezzjnr:
#Bruno Out

#Sell the Idiot

#Kill the Fraudster

cheesy cheesy

But on a serious Note.... Bruno should start getting some time on the bench.

You guys have called for him to be benched several times, on every occasion he is benched it proved an unwise decision. You people forgot he gave 6 assists in UCL in 5 matches, those assists were very crucial for us to top the group. Be careful what you asks for. Ralf should speak to bruno and iron out tactics, Bruno can't be benched he is that good.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 11:15am On Dec 12, 2021
One or 2 benches will correct Bruno's head. But who to replace him is the problem
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:30am On Dec 12, 2021
CapitalCee:
If we Miss out on Ten Haag it is going to be disastrous

I have said it before. Rangnick as Consultant/DOF with ten Hag as manager.

If you leave either of them alone as manager with people like Fletcher/Murtough/Woodward as DOF we still might not make much progress.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 11:54am On Dec 12, 2021
ChristineC:

we have to be careful about changing too much too soon. if players start falling like flies to injuries, the season will end worse than it started. it was obvious to every discerning eye how tired the whole team played, even from the start of the game.
those trying to lay blames on individuals should understand that fitness levels are conditioned at preseason. trying to recondition in season must be a gradual thing, and the use of the whole squad has to be proportionate to avoid large scale injuries.
These are nonsense excuses. They had one whole week of rest and training to prepare for Norwich. From what I saw yesterday they didn't train the whole week. Fatigue is a flimsy excuse to come up with.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 11:56am On Dec 12, 2021
One full week of rest and training to prepare for Norwich. Fitness and fatigue should not be an excuse for the tragic performance yesterday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:08pm On Dec 12, 2021
Expert17:

Or he was trying too hard to look for CR7/create a chance?

Don't forget he's the most creative player in EPL.

He should stop trying too hard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2021
eph12:

You have a point.

If you ask me, this season should act as a training for next season. I'm not sure what we can still win this season. So let them run their socks off, and by February, it's already clear to everyone those that can't be here by August next year.
the season can't act as training, there are trophies to fight for. I see no reason we should write the season off.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
ChristineC:
the season can't act as training, there are trophies to fight for. I see no reason we should write the season off.
Well let's see how it goes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:27pm On Dec 12, 2021
ChristoBam:

We had a whole week rest. With 2 days of no heavy training. I don't know why they'd be tired. It's not like they were pressing or anything.

I've seen this 'they're tired' excuse used numerous times every season whenever we play badly.
it's not an excuse, this is reality and I'm not talking about seasonal activity. I'm talking about something you'd be required to do as second nature.
people who study sports science get jobs for a reason.

Bruno Fernandes, for months after his arrival, pressed the opposition GK much more than anybody playing in front of him not named Edinson Cavani. the frequency of that has reduced with time, it was a habit that took some time to be dropped. It will be easier for him to readapt to such instruction from his manager, than for a Greenwood or Martial for instance; and even at that, his lungs will need some time to pick up that habit again.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JBoss25(m): 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2021
donstan18:

Still got goals more than Sancho
sharrap
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 1:00pm On Dec 12, 2021
I DNT really understand dis uproar.ok we didn't play well.same with Chelsea,man city n Liverpool.Am nt making excuses for him( RR) but dis is his 3rd game in charge.football isn't magic.journalist all over seems to love bashing us esp dat idiot Gary Neville of sky sport.Everybody Shud just chill.RR came at a time when football matches is at its peak in epl.No really Time to prepare.Tuesday match will b better
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Santiago123(m): 1:03pm On Dec 12, 2021
maik99:

I'd understand CR7 cos any team he joins would have to build around him

But Messi disrupting the playing pattern of a team?

I don't think Messi does,Messi would love to play with someone like greenwood(similar to mbappe),Ronaldo would love creative forward so they would pass the ball exclusively to him,check his time with benzema.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Santiago123(m): 1:05pm On Dec 12, 2021
engrelvis:
I DNT really understand dis uproar.ok we didn't play well.same with Chelsea,man city n Liverpool.Am nt making excuses for him( RR) but dis is his 3rd game in charge.football isn't magic.journalist all over seems to love bashing us esp dat idiot Gary Neville of sky sport.Everybody Shud just chill.RR came at a time when football matches is at its peak in epl.No really Time to prepare.Tuesday match will b better

I don't think so,this is going downhill,but you have a point,he needs time,do you know how long it took Alex Ferguson to win a single trophy for man u?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:08pm On Dec 12, 2021
Santiago123:

I don't think so,this is going downhill,but you have a point,he needs time,do you know how long it took Alex Ferguson to win a single trophy for man u?
Nooooo, we are not here for that sh1t. Patience in modern football is shyte. There is a reason a small club like Tottenham sacked Nuno a few months after appointing him.

There is no time to check time!

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Santiago123(m): 1:10pm On Dec 12, 2021
nitrogen:

Nooooo, we are not here for that sh1t. Patience in modern football is shyte. There is a reason a small club line Tottenham sacked Nino a few months after appointing him.

There is no time to check time!

What I meant is that u can't use 3 games to judge a coach
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:15pm On Dec 12, 2021
Mrviktor:
Wow.

Dybala would have been nice

There’s no point forcing Dybala to come here if he doesn’t want to be here.

He’s just going to be another Pogba.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11390) (11391) (11392) (11393) (11394) (11395) (11396) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Oasis007(m), 100smile(m), Uniquisite, kizolo(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.