Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8747963 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11391) (11392) (11393) (11394) (11395) (11396) (11397) ... (14157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:18pm On Dec 12, 2021
Santiago123:

What I meant is that u can't use 3 games to judge a coach

You need to understand that when a new manager is appointed, it’s like a honeymoon period for the club, the ride is almost perfect, the manager needs to then use that opportunity to display his style and pattern. The display in games against Young Boys and yesterday were shitty, also, he hasn’t changed his starting 11 except the YB game where we had a completely different team. He takes time before making reasonable substitutions, and wants to accommodate mediocrity on the pitch (e.g Rashford was utter shyte yesterday, he should have removed him).

Do you in your church mind believe that we will do well against mid table clubs? When we are struggling to create quality chances and score goals against CRY and NOR?

We cannot waste this season abeg, he should get his act together as soon as possible.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Santiago123(m): 1:19pm On Dec 12, 2021
Leyqute:

There’s no point forcing Dybala to come here if he doesn’t want to be here.

He’s just going to be another Pogba.

Why need dybala,when dybala isn't compatible with Ronaldo,we saw it in juventus
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:20pm On Dec 12, 2021
metodman:

I agree, but like I said, you can't blame their poor performances on the formation when they have been playing so badly even before the new manager was introduced. We could say Rashford has just come back from an injury but Bruno?

I like Bruno but he has been so poor this season even before the new formation. Hopefully he will pick up somehow.

Rashford started out as a fantastic player with lots of potential about all aspects of his game- passes, technique, creativity, team play, finishing, positioning, etc.

But somewhere along the way, he decided to focus on scoring goals alone - to the detriment of his other attributes.

Since he took that decision, all other aspects of his game has become horrible.

And let me tell you one thing - It’s not the injury.

Because there has been absolutely no difference in how he played before he got injured to how he’s playing now.

It’s not the injury

It’s not the manager.

He’s just a full scale idiot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Santiago123(m): 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2021
nitrogen:

You need to understand that when a new manager is appointed, it’s like a honeymoon period for the club, the ride is almost perfect, the manager needs to then use that opportunity to display his style and pattern. The display in games against Young Boys and yesterday were shitty, also, he hasn’t changed his starting 11 except the YB game where we had a completely different team. He takes time before making reasonable substitutions, and wants to accommodate mediocrity on the pitch (e.g Rashford was utter shyte yesterday, he should have removed him).

Do you in your church mind believe that we will do well against mid table clubs? When we are struggling to create quality chances and score goals against CRY and NOR?

We cannot waste this season abeg, he should get his act together as soon as possible.

So what do u think is man u problem
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
Santiago123:

Why need dybala,when dybala isn't compatible with Ronaldo,we saw it in juventus

He’s not even compatible with most modern style football formations.

Plus he’s more of a shoot-first than a pass-first player. Like way more, especially for the position he plays.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 1:26pm On Dec 12, 2021
Santiago123:

What I meant is that u can't use 3 games to judge a coach
Exactly.let c as our other games will go.Besides he is an interim coach
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 1:28pm On Dec 12, 2021
Leyqute:

Rashford started out as a fantastic player with lots of potential about all aspects of his game- passes, technique, creativity, team play, finishing, positioning, etc.

But somewhere along the way, he decided to focus on scoring goals alone - to the detriment of his other attributes.

Because there has been absolutely no difference in how he played before he got injured to how he’s playing now.

It’s not the injury

It’s not the manager.

Rashford is retrogressing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:30pm On Dec 12, 2021
Santiago123:

So what do u think is man u problem

There is no problem. I am hoping this guy starts doing the things we wanted Ole to do, if he won’t, then we get another manager. Thank God he is on a six month contract.

We hire, sack and rehire until we get it right. The model works for most big clubs in Europe. If Tuchel messes up this season, he is gone! That’s what we should be doing.

The players are not as bad as we think, some of them need to be benched so they can become sensible (e.g Rashford and Bruno), some of them need to work on their physicality and speed (e.g Greenwood). Discard the fringe players that are on pension at Utd. We need brutality and less talk from our manager.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:31pm On Dec 12, 2021
CapitalCee:

You guys have called for him to be benched several times, on every occasion he is benched it proved an unwise decision. You people forgot he gave 6 assists in UCL in 5 matches, those assists were very crucial for us to top the group. Be careful what you asks for. Ralf should speak to bruno and iron out tactics, Bruno can't be benched he is that good.

Bruno has played 16 EPL games and only has 3 assists.

He’s played 5 UCL games and he had 6 assists.

It’s only wise to bench him in the EPL and always start him for UCL games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 1:32pm On Dec 12, 2021
nitrogen:

There is no problem. I am hoping this guy starts doing the things we wanted Ole to do, if he won’t, then we get another manager. Thank God he is on a six month contract.

We hire, sack and rehire until we get it right. The model works for most big clubs in Europe. If Tuchel messes up this season, he is gone! That’s what we should be doing.

The players are not as bad as we think, some of them need to be benched so they can become sensible (e.g Rashford and Bruno), some of them need to work on their physicality and speed (e.g Greenwood). Discard the fringe players that are on pension at Utd. We need brutality and less talk from our manager.

Totally agree with dis...Tuechel will definitely fail grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:35pm On Dec 12, 2021
Leyqute:

Bruno has played 16 EPL games and only has 3 assists.

He’s played 5 UCL games and he had 6 assists.

It’s only wise to bench him in the EPL and always start him for UCL games.

Exactly. Also, maybe we just allow the guy to have a free role in the pitch. The thing is, he has not played any UCL game under Rauf, so there is no assurance that he will play well in a 4-2-2-2 system. We can maintain the system, but free the guy, sometimes it’s about playing to the strengths of some of our key players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:39pm On Dec 12, 2021
4-2-1-2 with Bruno running around and occasionally making our formation look like 4-3-1-2 when we are without the ball and 4-2-1-3 when we are attacking.

We need to find a way to unlock Bruno o, else, we will have only one effective creative player (Sancho) on the pitch, except Rauf benches one of McFred for VDB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:48pm On Dec 12, 2021
Expert17:

Or he was trying too hard to look for CR7/create a chance?

Don't forget he's the most creative player in EPL.

People are talking about yesterday's game you're bringing up his overall stats for the season...

TAA has been criticized for being defensively suspect and I think that's why Walker, James and Trippier (He too is bad defensively) are ahead of him but he has quietly gone about improving the defensive side of his game. This season, he has been a bit better in defense and keeps improving. In no time, TAA will be the perfect fullback combining defense and attack in equal measure.

Bruno needs to work on his decision making and passing, I don't know why you find it difficult to accept that he has lapses in his game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:13pm On Dec 12, 2021
engrelvis:
I DNT really understand dis uproar.ok we didn't play well.same with Chelsea,man city n Liverpool.Am nt making excuses for him( RR) but dis is his 3rd game in charge.football isn't magic.journalist all over seems to love bashing us esp dat idiot Gary Neville of sky sport.Everybody Shud just chill.RR came at a time when football matches is at its peak in epl.No really Time to prepare.Tuesday match will b better
You want to compare how we played with how the others played yesterday? Or na just scores you dey look?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by metodman(m): 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2021
Leyqute:

It’s not the injury

It’s not the manager.

You are right. Sometimes last year I referred to Rashford as Welbeck 2.0 and someone here kicked against it. He definitely lost it even before last season. Yea there are always those spectacular displays here and there but he is lost. Now he is all about dribbling like an headless chicken especially with him not raising his head up.

It was all about his output before but now.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2021
donstan18:

Still got goals more than Sancho
His Sancho a striker?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 2:53pm On Dec 12, 2021
ChristineC:
it's not an excuse, this is reality and I'm not talking about seasonal activity. I'm talking about something you'd be required to do as second nature.
people who study sports science get jobs for a reason.

Bruno Fernandes, for months after his arrival, pressed the opposition GK much more than anybody playing in front of him not named Edinson Cavani. the frequency of that has reduced with time, it was a habit that took some time to be dropped. It will be easier for him to readapt to such instruction from his manager, than for a Greenwood or Martial for instance; and even at that, his lungs will need some time to pick up that habit again.

You're saying this like they're actually attempting to do that. Apart from the first half against Crystal palace everything has been nomal. Except it's the pressing for 45 minutes that had them tired even a week later. Then that'll be a hopeless situation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:18pm On Dec 12, 2021
nitrogen:

After just 3 games. Bros calm down na.

We were happy Ole Golum left and even happier when we realised Rangnick was coming in. In just 3 games you are talking about firing him grin hian.

Calm down ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by teeezy00: 6:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
Manchester United suffer Covid outbreak, with today’s training session affected.

Small number of players + staff who returned positive tests were sent home.

Brentford game only 48 hours away.

By @David_Ornstein

#MUFC @TheAthleticUK
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by teeezy00: 6:26pm On Dec 12, 2021
It is understood that the whole #mufc group who travelled to Norwich have tested negative for coronavirus #mulive [@David_Ornstein]

� The match against Brentford is scheduled to go ahead at this stage - the premier league have been notified. @SkySportsPL #MUFC ✅�
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Gann: 7:38pm On Dec 12, 2021
codedguy1:

After just 3 games. Bros calm down na.

We were happy Ole Golum left and even happier when we realise Rangnick was coming in. In just 3 games you are talking about firing him grin hian.

Calm down ooo
if you listen to some fans, you will just be shaking your head. we need to be realistic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:54pm On Dec 12, 2021
nitrogen:

I’d take the 3 points despite the shoddy performance.

This is like the first time we have gotten 2 clean sheets back to back this year. Guardiola didn’t start playing mesmerizing football in his 2nd or 3rd game after joining City, neither did Klopp. These things take time but at least we can see that we are now capable of winning games or keeping clean sheets without necessarily playing well.

There’s no reason to panic at all. Bruno is a risk taker. Sometimes it goes really really well and sometimes it can be so bad. That’s what happens when you take risks. It can be both extremes, I don’t know why people are moaning. If those risky passes had worked and he got 4 assists in this game, nobody would complain.

What do people really want? A Bruno type that isn’t afraid to take risks or McTominay type that keeps things very simple but without any big reward in the end. There’s a reason Bruno is one of the most productive midfielders in Europe. It’s because he takes these risks which can be highly rewarding or sometimes appalling. That’s who he is - accept him like that or ignore him totally.

It’s very simple.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 8:57pm On Dec 12, 2021
Expert17:

Same applies to Bruno, he will assist /score/create chances .

Exactly

Bruno for one has been overplayed.. Nd is probably gassed out by now

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 8:59pm On Dec 12, 2021
teeezy00:
It is understood that the whole #mufc group who travelled to Norwich have tested negative for coronavirus #mulive [@David_Ornstein]

� The match against Brentford is scheduled to go ahead at this stage - the premier league have been notified. @SkySportsPL #MUFC ✅�

So na d same formation dem go play.. But Eric comes in for victor.

I hope cavani plays instead of Rashford sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Santiago123(m): 9:04pm On Dec 12, 2021
Leyqute:

He’s not even compatible with most modern style football formations.

Plus he’s more of a shoot-first than a pass-first player. Like way more, especially for the position he plays.

Actually he is not a shoot first type of player(he isn't like greenwood),but he is an excessive ballhog and an individualistic player,don't think he will cut it out in the premier league,I prefer someone like ferderico chiesa thou.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Santiago123(m): 9:07pm On Dec 12, 2021
Mrviktor:

So na d same formation dem go play.. But Eric comes in for victor.

I hope cavani plays instead of Rashford sha

I prefer greenwood,but I know it won't happen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Gann: 9:20pm On Dec 12, 2021
we will need a new striker next season.
Cavani will be gone (may get another year extension)
Martial will be gone
Ronaldo will be 37
Rashford is Rashford
Greenwood still has room for development.

I'd rather we avoid Haaland and the baggage that will travel with his acquisition.
what is our opinion on Vlahoic? seem very good on the ball.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Santiago123(m): 9:40pm On Dec 12, 2021
Gann:
we will need a new striker next season.
Cavani will be gone (may get another year extension)
Martial will be gone
Ronaldo will be 37
Rashford is Rashford
Greenwood still has room for development.

I'd rather we avoid Haaland and the baggage that will travel with his acquisition.
what is our opinion on Vlahoic? seem very good on the ball.

Are strikers really that important in the current game? I mean man city dont have a recognized 9 goalscorer,yet they score applenty same with Liverpool(they are mostly wide forwards) Chelsea didn't
Need lukaku for long periods,we didn't even need Ronaldo because we never had problems scoring goals last season,its better to have wide men scoring goals than building your team around a strikers sorry to say so.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by maik99(m): 9:57pm On Dec 12, 2021
Santiago123:

I don't think Messi does,Messi would love to play with someone like greenwood(similar to mbappe),Ronaldo would love creative forward so they would pass the ball exclusively to him,check his time with benzema.

My point exactly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 10:18pm On Dec 12, 2021
eph12:
One thing Rangnick promised us was plugging the leak in defense. I'll say he's getting a pass mark there so far.

But I want to see the players run more biko. They just have to cover more spaces with speed whether with the ball or without the ball. Then can the players just calm down and play with themselves, instead of rushing to release the striker even when it doesn't make sense. They did that a lot yesterday, causing the team to turn over the ball almost every time we had it. We should hold the ball, let opponent chase shadows, then strike

How are we supposed to play possession game with your beloved lame fred in midfield

What sort of magic is that

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 10:43pm On Dec 12, 2021
LostMyZeal:

How are we supposed to play possession game with your beloved lame fred in midfield

What sort of magic is that

Bruno and McFred is not a lineup that can play a possession game against a decent team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 10:50pm On Dec 12, 2021
MRTA7:

Bruno and McFred is not a lineup that can play a possession game against a decent team

Exactly, that's the point!

We need to overhaul the midfield with at least 3 additions angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (11391) (11392) (11393) (11394) (11395) (11396) (11397) ... (14157) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: humblesteve(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.