Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,994 members, 7,810,769 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8676836 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11439) (11440) (11441) (11442) (11443) (11444) (11445) ... (14142) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2021
donstan18:

Ronaldo is a good scorer and not a complete package. Just a scorer.

You can’t build a team around that kind of player and expect good performances from other attackers.

Be honest bro! What is Ronaldo doing when he’s not scoring?

Abeg ooo how does a good scorer become the number 1 goal scorer in history or 3rd highest assist in history?

Please tell me if Ronaldo is just a good scorer currently, what will you call Messi in PSG? grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by donstan18: 4:13pm On Dec 28, 2021
liveLongNprospa:

Abeg ooo how does a good scorer become the number 1 goal scorer in history or 3rd highest assist in history?

Please tell me if Ronaldo is just a good scorer currently, what will you call Messi in PSG? grin
Stop setting Ronaldo up for drags by comparing him to Messi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2021
liveLongNprospa:
https://twitter.com/LegasusCR7/status/1475752393623019524?t=7XdAqlzbKYGECqdjBo-iAg&s=19

Just watch how blind your midfielders are grin grin

I noticed this during the game. So many "nearly" balls to Ronaldo but the execution was poor. It is not that they are blind but most of them lack the ability to make those eye of the needle passes that someone like KDB or Phil Foden would make easily, so it is either they try it and fail (like we saw in the video) OR they see it and decide not to pass because they lack the confidence to try it (like we also saw in the video).

With regards to the general play, no amount of formation tweaking or tactical masterclass can overcome a useless midfield. Once people accept this much of the uproar will settle. The manager does not seem to understand the abilities and limitations of the players but many of the players are not helping themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
Oasis007:
Ralf: "It was not a question of formation - it was a question of how aggressive we were. It was a question of energy and, in those areas, we need to get better, including what we were doing when we’re in possession of the ball."

"........we were not really controlling the game and taking the wrong decisions in the important moments and that’s what it’s all about."

Aggressive, energy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:30pm On Dec 28, 2021
Vs Norwich.

Rangnick has revealed that he ordered his players to increase the speed of the game and their pressing but their performance after the interval showed the players didn’t thoroughly follow the German tactician’s instructions.

“From the start we controlled the game but didn’t always have the best possible solutions,” Ralf Rangnick told BBC.

“Defensively we did well, tactically in the first half we didn’t allow them to have too many shots or chances.

“At half-time I told the boys we needed to increase the speed and intensity of the game. The second half was a little bit better but at the end we were lucky to have a clean sheet and there were two or three clean sheets [saves] by David de Gea

https://www.manutdtimes.com/ralf-rangnick-gave-manchester-united-players-two-instructions-at-halftime-vs-norwich/
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2021
Controlling the game
Pressing
Intensity
Energy
Aggressiveness
Speed

Na Rugby? Na so we go take turn Stoke City
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
afrodoc2:

I noticed this during the game. So many "nearly" balls to Ronaldo but the execution was poor. It is not that they are blind but most of them lack the ability to make those eye of the needle passes that someone like KDB or Phil Foden would make easily, so it is either they try it and fail (like we saw in the video) OR they see it and decide not to pass because they lack the confidence to try it (like we also saw in the video).

With regards to the general play, no amount of formation tweaking or tactical masterclass can overcome a useless midfield. Once people accept this much of the uproar will settle. The manager does not seem to understand the abilities and limitations of the players but many of the players are not helping themselves.

And our midfield players were in contention for MOTM under Carrick
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2021
patrickmuf:
Who has said Atletico are easy?

All I can remember myself and others here saying is that Atletico are not as good as they used to be thus the chances of eliminating them over 2 legs is higher than against PSG...

Trolling is fun when done right else you'll become a joke...
Do you want receipts? Just let me know.

I don't say what I don't see.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2021
elampiro:

And our midfield players were in contention for MOTM under Carrick

O

K

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
BikeMan:
Do you want receipts? Just let me know.

I don't say what I don't see.
Drop the receipts...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2021
So we don't have any combination of players to play the midfield and play it very well against the likes of Newscatle? We can't select 3 players from Bruno, Matic, Fred, VDB, Tom to play well against Norwich, Newscatle and the likes? LMAO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 6:05pm On Dec 28, 2021
eph12:
So we don't have any combination of players to play the midfield and play it very well against the likes of Newscatle? We can't select 3 players from Bruno, Matic, Fred, VDB, Tom to play well against Norwich, Newscatle and the likes? LMAO
I tire o. United must have the worst midfield in England reading some comments here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:09pm On Dec 28, 2021
Manchester United have rejected Sevilla's loan offer for Anthony Martial. The offer only covered half of his wages and United will only consider offers that cover all of his wages and includes a loan fee.

- Rob Dawson
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2021
Bombblacks:

I tire o. United must have the worst midfield in England reading some comments here.
I'm not even asking for a win. I just want to see some consistent good play to show that we're on to something.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:01pm On Dec 28, 2021
Times Man Utd players lost possession

Bruno 26
Rashford 20
Dalot 19
Sancho 14
McTominay 13
Telles 12
Maguire 11
Varane 11
Fred 10
Ronaldo 9
Greenwood 8
de Gea 7
Cavani 5
Matic 3

NEW vs MUN

- Bill Rice
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 7:18pm On Dec 28, 2021
Oasis007:

Bruno 26
Rashford 20
Dalot 19
Sancho 14
McTominay 13
Telles 12
Maguire 11
Varane 11
Fred 10
Ronaldo 9
Greenwood 8
de Gea 7
Cavani 5
Matic 3

NEW vs MUN

- Bill Rice
No o, Ronaldo is the problem, he gave away the ball 25 times.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:21pm On Dec 28, 2021
Oasis007:

Bruno 26
Rashford 20
Dalot 19
Sancho 14
McTominay 13
Telles 12
Maguire 11
Varane 11
Fred 10
Ronaldo 9
Greenwood 8
de Gea 7
Cavani 5
Matic 3

NEW vs MUN

- Bill Rice
We seriously need a calming presence in the middle...Pogba!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
Eric Bailly has flown back to England from Ivory Coast to be part of MUFC preparations for Burnley match. He had been granted permission to prepare early for the African Cup of Nations.

- Mike McGrath
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2021
patrickmuf:

They will press Pogba and he will vomit the ball like a pregnant woman, and you know his won mistakes usually turn into goals for the opposition. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2021
Oasis007:

Bruno 26
Rashford 20
Dalot 19
Sancho 14
McTominay 13
Telles 12
Maguire 11
Varane 11
Fred 10
Ronaldo 9
Greenwood 8
de Gea 7
Cavani 5
Matic 3

NEW vs MUN

- Bill Rice

Bruno own mad abeg..Its just too much..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 7:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
Oasis007:
Manchester United have rejected Sevilla's loan offer for Anthony Martial. The offer only covered half of his wages and United will only consider offers that cover all of his wages and includes a loan fee.

- Rob Dawson

If he truly wants to leave, let him reduce his wage and get a permanent move abeg..

With the high wages this club pays to players, na free transfer go be the only way they get to be offloaded..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2021
Infact, they should start benching players for senselessly losing possession.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:42pm On Dec 28, 2021
dammywapes:
Bro what i noticed last night was that those guys are not match fit except for degea

You might be right. But there's no time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2021
The high number of possession lost was a result of trying to play with speed, intensity, and aggressively without drilling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:45pm On Dec 28, 2021
The brain and the body must be at same speed. Right now the body is forced to act faster than the brain. It will take some time, even some pains before they can start making good decisions while on speed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2021
elampiro:
The high number of possession lost was a result of trying to play with speed, intensity, and aggressively without drilling.

So, Rauf just wants these players to start playing with speed and intensity overnight?

Meanwhile, the first half against Crystal Palace was really good, how come we could not replicate it in subsequent games?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2021
nitrogen:

So, Rauf just wants these players to start playing with speed and intensity overnight?

Meanwhile, the first half against Crystal Palace was really good, how come we could not replicate it in subsequent games?

Even when they have short time to train together. According to reports, they only watched videos.

Suddenly, everything Don dey mellow. But I still trust them to come Good. We only need one to two tweak in that midfield... The midfield is where the problem lies.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
patrickmuf:
LMAO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2021
adebayo201:

Even when they have short time to train together. According to reports, they only watched videos.

Suddenly, everything Don dey mellow. But I still trust them to come Good. We only need one to two tweak in that midfield... The midfield is where the problem lies.

Nawa o, just videos won’t do anything now. They need to make training moves on the pitch ffs.

Son of man is tired jare.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 8:57pm On Dec 28, 2021
You can't convince me our players can fit into Ragnick's 4-2-2-2 without a preseason at least. Some players also need to be binned permanently for this to work.

4-2-2-2 is a formation that relies on forwards with precise laser-guided passing (and ball control) in the final third as the amount of space available is limited.

Leipzig under Rangnick did that. It's easier when you have ballers with appreciation of space like Emil Forsberg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZOa6FMIXPQ
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2021
DeadPresidents:
You can't convince me our players can fit into Ragnick's 4-2-2-2 without a preseason at least. Some players also need to be binned permanently for this to work.

4-2-2-2 is a formation that relies on forwards with precise laser-guided passing (and ball control) in the final third as the amount of space available is limited.

Leipzig under Rangnick did that. It's easier when you have ballers with appreciation of space like Emil Forsberg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZOa6FMIXPQ

TBH, Raufball is bs if he has not used it to win trophies at major clubs. There is a reason he did not get more than 6 month contracts from clubs outside Germany.

We just need to move him on to a DOF role after six months. He won’t win us trophies.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 9:21pm On Dec 28, 2021
nitrogen:

TBH, Raufball is bs if he has not used it to win trophies at major clubs. There is a reason he did not get more than 6 month contracts from clubs outside Germany.

We just need to move him on to a DOF role after six months. He won’t win us trophies.

What kind of rubbish disrespect is this?

Someone that coached Tuchel, Klopp, Pep, Khan, Low and the others?

angry

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11439) (11440) (11441) (11442) (11443) (11444) (11445) ... (14142) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: fyinka47(m), Ellexy, Englishisamust and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.