Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8683352 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11440) (11441) (11442) (11443) (11444) (11445) (11446) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Gann: 9:23pm On Dec 28, 2021
DeadPresidents:
You can't convince me our players can fit into Ragnick's 4-2-2-2 without a preseason at least. Some players also need to be binned permanently for this to work.

4-2-2-2 is a formation that relies on forwards with precise laser-guided passing (and ball control) in the final third as the amount of space available is limited.

Leipzig under Rangnick did that. It's easier when you have ballers with appreciation of space like Emil Forsberg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZOa6FMIXPQ
then Donny can play this way. why is he not in the team yet?
wan Bissaka is out for good reason. Fred should be out too. Varane had a poor display yesterday but he's just returning from injury. he and Lindelof have got good long passing from the back, they can be first choice partnership. Martial is also a player who can work the ball in small spaces and his short passing is better than Rashford. I would have advocated for him in this system but the lad seem really uninterested.
our strikers have good movements, we need more than one creative passer to find them consistently. until Fernandes went to the middle last night, we created almost nothing from the midfield. Ralf should got out there and buy midfielders who can work in his system, or implement a system that can work with the current players. i don't think there will be middle grounds.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 9:26pm On Dec 28, 2021
DeadPresidents:
You can't convince me our players can fit into Ragnick's 4-2-2-2 without a preseason at least. Some players also need to be binned permanently for this to work.

4-2-2-2 is a formation that relies on forwards with precise laser-guided passing (and ball control) in the final third as the amount of space available is limited.

Leipzig under Rangnick did that. It's easier when you have ballers with appreciation of space like Emil Forsberg.

Omo, epl defenders no fit dey dull or give u space like what I just watch here oh

For epl, nobody will give you space. You'll have to create your space by yourself. That's why team needs good ball passers and correct wingers that can dribble to create space.

Opponent wey dribble no go work, creative passes go come tru and vice versa

We are only top team without good ball passers and terrible wingers and the only team that gives opponent space to think on ball.

Since Fergie retired, God has never blessed us with good midfielders. Na nonsense we dey buy. The 1 wey look good no dey consistent.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dammywapes(m): 9:28pm On Dec 28, 2021
Yes no time
adebayo201:

You might be right. But there's no time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
nitrogen:

TBH, Raufball is bs if he has not used it to win trophies at major clubs. There is a reason he did not get more than 6 month contracts from clubs outside Germany.

We just need to move him on to a DOF role after six months. He won’t win us trophies.
Well tbf, he's not here to win trophies. If he does win any, that's a bonus

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:39pm On Dec 28, 2021
The ball Vardy won just now to create that chance, Ronaldo and Rashford would have been sprawling on the ground, calling for the ref to blow. SMH
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2021
Searchingvictor:

Omo, epl defenders no fit dey dull or give u space like what I just watch here oh

For epl, nobody will give you space. You'll have to create your space by yourself. That's why team needs good ball passers and correct wingers that can dribble to create space.

Opponent wey dribble no go work, creative passes go come tru and vice versa

We are only top team without good ball passers and terrible wingers and the only team that gives opponent space to think on ball.

Since Fergie retired, God has never blessed us with good midfielders. Na nonsense we dey buy. The 1 wey look good no dey consistent.

You are correct. The Bundesliga teams have a different approach to defending as the Germans have always maintained an offensive philosophy and it's not even a football thing, It's cultural.

We need ball players and fast! If we are still fielding McFred as our first choice midfield pairing, then we are not ready to win anything.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2021
nitrogen:

TBH, Raufball is bs if he has not used it to win trophies at major clubs. There is a reason he did not get more than 6 month contracts from clubs outside Germany.

We just need to move him on to a DOF role after six months. He won’t win us trophies.

I don't care if he wins us trophies or not. I'm interested in us playing football like a modern team for godsakes.

We need someone who can make the basics second nature to this collection of 11 individuals we currently see on the turf.

I think we are underestimating how truly rotten we are.

If Rangnick can have us looking like a team before we appoint the next manager, he'd have done his job in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:56pm On Dec 28, 2021
afrodoc2:

They will press Pogba and he will vomit the ball like a pregnant woman, and you know his won mistakes usually turn into goals for the opposition. cheesy
If Rangnick must stick to 4 2 2 2 the I'd rather have Pogba and Bruno behind the strikers...

VDB can replace one of McFred and swap positions with Pogba in between games...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:29pm On Dec 28, 2021
Man City 2021/22 EPL champions.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 12:40am On Dec 29, 2021
°°°°

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 12:41am On Dec 29, 2021
Oasis007:
Times Man Utd players lost possession

Bruno 26
Rashford 20
Dalot 19
Sancho 14
McTominay 13
Telles 12
Maguire 11
Varane 11
Fred 10
Ronaldo 9
Greenwood 8
de Gea 7
Cavani 5
Matic 3

NEW vs MUN

- Bill Rice

So why are Barcelona fans coming here to blame Ronaldo?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:57am On Dec 29, 2021
DeadPresidents:

Can four minutes video summarise his pattern of play for a man with 30 years of coaching career? In the video, he seems to like attacking with too many men high up the field. Just like vs Newcastle when we were being punished with counter attacks
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 1:01am On Dec 29, 2021
patrickmuf:
Drop the receipts...
Karleb:
I'm happy it's Ronaldo vs Atletico.

Quater final guaranteed. cheesy
CapitalCee:

We are beating Athletico. PSG would have had us for dinner
Oasis007:

None of their Players worth to be feared. Dem go chop am.
grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:33am On Dec 29, 2021
patrickmuf:
If Rangnick must stick to 4 2 2 2 the I'd rather have Pogba and Bruno behind the strikers...

VDB can replace one of McFred and swap positions with Pogba in between games...

I agree with this. One thing I disagree with is playing Rashford or even Greenwood in attacking midfield behind the strikers. That role should belong to 2 out of Bruno, Pogba, Sancho, VDB.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 80sjamshophip: 6:43am On Dec 29, 2021
liveLongNprospa:
https://twitter.com/LegasusCR7/status/1475752393623019524?t=7XdAqlzbKYGECqdjBo-iAg&s=19

Just watch how blind your midfielders are grin grin
This is where he needs modric , kroos And even Marcelo. Kroos with his sweet long balls and passes while Marcelo with those his fantastic crosses..

Now he should enjoy mc fred grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:11am On Dec 29, 2021
grin

Ralf has exposed most of our so called professional Footballers as Frauds. They are nothing but overhyped Amateurs.

Ralf ain't here to win Trophies, but to stabilize the Team and gives us Identity - established style of play (new DNA).

It may take time to get his philosophy right, but definitely he deserves more times before we start knifing him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 8:41am On Dec 29, 2021
KingAlabi:

I was too busy to watch the match, schedule choke these days, but watching highlights omo, United problem na the players jare.
Lol... This one choke oo.

Another thing is that I don't believe it's the player yet
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:50am On Dec 29, 2021
Oasis007:
grin

Ralf has exposed most of our so called professional Footballers as Frauds. They are nothing but overhyped and overpaid Amateurs.

Ralf ain't here to win Trophies, but to stabilize the Team and gives us Identity - established style of play (new DNA).

It may take time to get his philosophy right, but definitely he deserves more times before we start knifing him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:43am On Dec 29, 2021
It’s actually too early to be taking strong positions and have these kinds of judgments.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:47am On Dec 29, 2021
Leyqute:
It’s actually too early to be taking strong positions and have these kinds of judgments.

Exactly. It is like some people have PTSD from the previous managers and now just knee jerk react to everything. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:15am On Dec 29, 2021
donstan18:

Stop setting Ronaldo up for drags by comparing him to Messi.

Oga tell me what Messi has done this season in psg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 11:38am On Dec 29, 2021
If we are being honest, Manchester united needs to change that MF totally.
Fred, Mac even Pogba due to his inconsistency has to go.
VDB isn't the possession based MF you need so he might have to leave unless he can be used as a B2B who is more attack minded than less of a destroyer.

Matic is old and should be sold.

Look at the MF of most top teams, the ability to thread passes, to recycle possession and beat the press while also understanding the use of space is just natural to them. These current crop at Manchester united are like dogs bred to do a specific purpose and can't learn new tricks. Maybe individually in other teams they can function but together.. God forbid angry

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2021
Who tf approved this post.

No wonda ronaldo has been moody

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2021
The sooner you all realise that the season is a waste the better. We have an interim manager who is not as good as Pep,Klopp,Tuchel and Conte. Our squad of players is also not as good as we thought.
The midfield needs serious surgery. That's where I would start. And hopefully we get a good manager in the summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by andrewbaba44: 4:28pm On Dec 29, 2021
Una get the finance to hire conte ,but you guys kept ole there till spurs snatched conte

I am sure conte was waiting to take over at United but he wasn’t patient anymore till spurs came calling

See squad wey Man U get yet dem Dey fuckup

I will say this again ,only mancity have better squad than united in the epl

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:28pm On Dec 29, 2021
MRTA7:
The sooner you all realise that the season is a waste the better. We have an interim manager who is not as good as Pep,Klopp,Tuchel and Conte. Our squad of players is also not as good as we thought.
The midfield needs serious surgery. That's where I would start. And hopefully we get a good manager in the summer.

We have good players, but the squad is terrible. And we’re not sure about the interim manager.

Anyone manager wants to be successful at United first needs to prune the squad (esp in the attacking department) or at least make the midfield sturdier and better.

Because there’s no way all these lamentations will stop if the wingers don’t want to put in the work in midfield and expect to be served. The cries will also continue if the midfield isn’t revamped.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2021
andrewbaba44:
Una get the finance to hire conte ,but you guys kept ole there till spurs snatched conte

I am sure conte was waiting to take over at United but he wasn’t patient anymore till spurs came calling

See squad wey Man U get yet dem Dey fuckup

I will say this again ,only mancity have better squad than united in the epl

I dont agree. I think Man Utd and Chelsea have equal if not better squads than City. Its usage that differs. Pogba DvB Martial Telles Sancho in another team would be devastating

You remember when I posted Man City Chelsea and Man Utd 1st and 2nd teams. Now City has even lost Ferran and Mendy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2021
grin

Man shitty though.....

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
Jokerman:
grin

Man shitty though.....

I don’t think any club has outspent Man City since they got a whole country to be their sponsor.

Cc: Raumdeuter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:43pm On Dec 29, 2021
Leyqute:

I don’t think any club has outspent Man City since they got a whole country to be their sponsor.

Cc: Ramdeuter

Nor any club has outspent Chelsea since they got Russian Mafia money
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
raumdeuter:

Nor any club has outspent Chelsea since they got Russian Mafia money

At least we can agree on one thing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 9:59pm On Dec 29, 2021
Why can't this club target Bissouma ffs?..Man is McFred combined with higher IQ sef..

(1) (2) (3) ... (11440) (11441) (11442) (11443) (11444) (11445) (11446) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Sportsweb and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.