Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,231 members, 7,811,643 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8682943 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11470) (11471) (11472) (11473) (11474) (11475) (11476) ... (14144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:48am On Jan 04, 2022
Oasis007:
Rangnick: "Today we showed similar problems the team had three or four weeks ago before I arrived. It is not an easy job to develop a DNA with and without the ball. The game today showed there are still quite a few steps to."

Sounds like those days we used to hear 'philosophy'

Hope in the process of developing a DNA, he will not end up stressing out players mentally as Mr Philosophy did.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:49am On Jan 04, 2022
Oasis007:
Rangnick: "His [Greenwood] effort and performance was not outstanding but at least he was one of the better players today."
and he removed one of the better players who was functioning as a winger, brought in an attacking midfielder, yet played him from the right wing.. I now believe the manager is really trolling.
he doesn't act like someone that wants to win.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:52am On Jan 04, 2022
Oasis007:
Rangnick: "You need to have to have the mentality and the physicality. All the players need to be ready to sprint and to attack the ball."

grin grin grin This man talks like LVG, but currently plays like Moyes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 9:53am On Jan 04, 2022
Leyqute:

Get your facts right, Olodo.

I never said United were in contention before. I said Chelsea wouldn’t be a contender by December.

It was never about United in the first place.

But as blockhead wey you be, you no go understand.

You’re calling someone a coward but na you deactivate your account because of trolling. And With the way season dey go sef you still fit deactivate am because of trolling.

It was never about Manyoo indeed cheesy

This was the post you made back then, you obviously had hope about Manyoo contending because Ole deceived you people with scrappy wins at the beginning of the season as usual.

TheLequte:

Liverpool will also drop points. However, I’m still tipping City over Liverpool as the main threat.

City may have dropped points today but remember that they can go on a 17-match WINNING run.

Our fate is in our own hands. We’ve started the season well, can we keep going till the end?

Patrick then tried to tell you that Chelsea is more of a title contender than your team.

patrickmuf:
City and Liverpool are threats to themselves, not us...I'd consider Chelsea more of a title contender as long as Ole is here...

City not signing a striker will be their undoing come May, 2022...

It was then you told us that Chelsea will not be a contender by December. This is January o and we are still the team behind City. Very unrighteous scummy. I'm coming back for you by February, sebi you will beat Atletico abi, you go hear am. Just make sure that we don't need Skimpledawg to beg you to come out by then, bloody coward.

20 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:54am On Jan 04, 2022
TrebleChamp:
I assume Ole sold that DNA rubbish to him during that unnecessary 1 hour phone conversation....

Pls stop. Ole is gone. This man has been inferring about DNA in his interview. I mentioned it before he arrived
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 9:55am On Jan 04, 2022
Someone said Chelsea is not a threat to their title contention but he's not lying that it was never about Manyoo, oniro Oshi grin

12 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay1: 9:55am On Jan 04, 2022
patrickmuf:
It's amazing that when Rangnick joined we all thought it was over for Matic and a host of the old guards, people even feared for Ronaldo because we were expecting solid a solid pressing game but nope, he has rather shown faith with them and the press is non-existent...Are we cursed?

It's very strange bro.

It seems, they mandated him that he must okay Ronaldo at all cost. Because I don't understand this slow football we are playing because Ralf is not known to play that slow depressing football.

Something is definitely wrong with this club

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay1: 9:59am On Jan 04, 2022
izzou:

There's probably a Pep living on your street then. It's definitely not Guardolia

Manchester City were on the verge of signing Ronaldo, before Mazi Ferguson went to use DNA to emotionally blackmail Ororo.

So Pep would have benched Ronaldo if he came ba?

Judging from pep history with players, Pep will probably use Ronaldo for the first few games. If he doesn't like what he sees, or Ronaldo doesn't play the way he wants, he will start chopping bench.

If you doubt me, ask grealish. He's no more starting games for pep regularly because he's not doing what pep wants yet.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:00am On Jan 04, 2022
elampiro:
Rangnick talking about DNA of a team

https://www.facebook.com/ESPNFC/videos/282774907075899/

He had not spoken to Ole when I said he was talking about DNA.

To him, DNA is style of play. Putting the style in the brain of the players. Like LVG would say, I teach players in their brain.

But Ole used the term DNA to imply the United history of grooming young playets and bringing them through the ranks
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:05am On Jan 04, 2022
Rangnick said a coach should have an idea of the kind of football he wants to play. The duty of the coach is to transfer this idea to the head, hearts and veins of the players

Well, let's pray for him, so that his idea benefits us in the long run make we dey watch am first. But this is how LvG used to talk
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by postdigger(m): 10:05am On Jan 04, 2022
Oasis007:
Rangnick: "Today we showed similar problems the team had three or four weeks ago before I arrived. It is not an easy job to develop a DNA with and without the ball. The game today showed there are still quite a few steps to."

This DNA and philosophy go always burst my head

cheesy grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 10:06am On Jan 04, 2022
timay1:

Judging from pep history with players, Pep will probably use Ronaldo for the first few games. If he doesn't like what he sees, or Ronaldo doesn't play the way he wants, he will start chopping bench.

If you doubt me, ask grealish. He's no more starting games for pep regularly because he's not doing what pep wants yet.

So what would Pep want Ronaldo to do, that Ronaldo can't do?

Defend?
Keep Clean sheets?
Have the most interceptions?

I'm not holding any brief for Pep, but Ronaldo would walk into that team and play enough games, not few.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:09am On Jan 04, 2022
I actually thought we should have pursue Zidane with all our strength and entice him with money. This is a modern player and coach who could have taught our players how to first of all trap the ball, hold it, use it and pass it well.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 10:12am On Jan 04, 2022
Trolling aside, how bad is VDB in training that two different managers don't deem him good enough to even get a sniff into the team..

I rated that guy higher than Frankie De Jong when they were both at Ajax.. Is he really that bad that he can't even bench MC Tominay for one or two games

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay1: 10:15am On Jan 04, 2022
izzou:

So what would Pep want Ronaldo to do, that Ronaldo can't do?

Defend?
Keep Clean sheets?
Have the most interceptions?

I'm not holding any brief for Pep, but Ronaldo would walk into that team and play enough games, not few.

I used the world "If"

Which means, for all we know , Ronaldo might have adapted and all would have been good.

But my point is that if he doesn't adapt to Pep and somehow unbalance the team, pep would have dropped him without thinking twice , instead of the way Ole and now Ralf are trying to force him into a system that's not working instead of dropping him and checking out if other players will fit in.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 10:22am On Jan 04, 2022
timay1:

I used the world "If"

Which means, for all we know , Ronaldo might have adapted and all would have been good.

But my point is that if he doesn't adapt to Pep and somehow unbalance the team, pep would have dropped him without thinking twice , instead of the way Ole and now Ralf are trying to force him into a system that's not working instead of dropping him and checking out if other players will fit in.

I really don't want to go back and forth.

Just answer this simple question, and I'll be glad if you answer it in your next comment.

Looking at Manchester City, would Cristiano Ronaldo fit into that team?

A Yes, or No would be very okay

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 10:23am On Jan 04, 2022
elampiro:
I actually thought we should have pursue Zidane with all our strength and entice him with money. This is a modern player and coach who could have taught our players how to first of all trap the ball, hold it, use it and pass it well.

My Chairman, o zugo...biko

Zukwanuike grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 10:34am On Jan 04, 2022
U guys no even praise Jones for his game. If to say he had terrible game una go don dey bash him oh

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:38am On Jan 04, 2022
Searchingvictor:
U guys no even praise Jones for his game. If to say he had terrible game una go don dey bash him oh
Apart from the headed clearance for the Wolves goal which I thought he should have done better with, he had a good game.

Maguire is our worst CB when everyone is fit.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 10:43am On Jan 04, 2022
patrickmuf:
Apart from the headed clearance for the Wolves goal which I thought he should have done better with, he had a good game.

Maguire is our worst CB when everyone is fit.

That's the best place he can head the ball to. One of the midfielders supposed dey there.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 10:47am On Jan 04, 2022
timay1:

It's very strange bro.

It seems, they mandated him that he must okay Ronaldo at all cost. Because I don't understand this slow football we are playing because Ralf is not known to play that slow depressing football.

Something is definitely wrong with this club

He said he made a 1 hour call to ole who explained things to him. The man na otu. LVG 2.0

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 10:56am On Jan 04, 2022
slimghost:

Not impressed one bit. Then again, it is too early to write him off. Thankfully, he is here for 6 months only.
He can’t even get the players to press
Why Man U nor sign Conte instead.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:12am On Jan 04, 2022
BikeMan:

It was never about Manyoo indeed cheesy

This was the post you made back then, you obviously had hope about Manyoo contending because Ole deceived you people with scrappy wins at the beginning of the season as usual.

Patrick then tried to tell you that Chelsea is more of a title contender than your team.

It was then you told us that Chelsea will not be a contender by December. This is January o and we are still the team behind City. Very unrighteous scummy. I'm coming back for you by February, sebi you will beat Atletico abi, you go hear am. Just make sure that we don't need Skimpledawg to beg you to come out by then, bloody coward.

What kind of shitfvckery is this?

Lots of story but no point.

Quote the post where I said we would be contenders, not Patrick or whoever. If you can’t keep your mouth shut.

You yourself said you’re not contenders again tipetipe so I don’t know why you’re crying like egbere.

BikeMan:
Title race is well over, we should work on getting the winning mentality back and then we focus on other competitions. E don be.

It’s like you think you’re not contenders when you lose a game. And you’re suddenly contenders when United drop points. Why not stay one place so that this thunder can fire you?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 11:16am On Jan 04, 2022
CapitalCee:

He said he made a 1 hour call to ole who explained things to him. The man na otu. LVG 2.0

Boss, this 1 na LVG 1.0 and Ole 2.0
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:23am On Jan 04, 2022
So, this izzou guy thinks Ronaldo will walk into the City team?

Okay o.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:25am On Jan 04, 2022
timay1:

Ronaldo won’t command a starting spot in that City team.

He’s going to be a bit-part player.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:53am On Jan 04, 2022
Searchingvictor:
That's the best place he can head the ball to. One of the midfielders supposed dey there.
that's the worst place to clear a cross into because there's no guarantee you'd get enough distance to it. it's amateur error. you either return the cross from origin or to the opposite flank, except you intend that header as a pass to another unmarked teammate.
nobody is talking about it because it's not even a fraction of the reason the whole team display was rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BobbyUsa: 11:55am On Jan 04, 2022
Needed with 047 routing cashapp for business purposes, 50k dollars deal,/+2348098643236
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 12:00pm On Jan 04, 2022
hensben:
Why Man U nor sign Conte instead.

They were dithering as they didn’t want to sack their beloved Ole.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:06pm On Jan 04, 2022
ChristineC:
that's the worst place to clear a cross into because there's no guarantee you'd get enough distance to it. it's amateur error. you either return the cross from origin or to the opposite flank, except you intend that header as a pass to another unmarked teammate.
nobody is talking about it because it's not even a fraction of the reason the whole team display was rubbish.

Watch this video from 5.20 minutes. Vidic headed exactly to where Jones puts his heading last night. Ronaldo-J.S. Park picked it up and we scored from a counter attack. This is vs Arsenal in UCL semi final.

Numerous counter attacks goals where scored that way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzl5dQ5l2PU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:12pm On Jan 04, 2022
The coaches are not teaching the lads how to deal with situations and circumstances that might arise. The other day, I saw Carrick, vs Chelsea gesticulating to the lads how Chelsea free-kicks come in sharply behind the defence wall. When Chelsea took that next free-kick, it was exactly that kind of sharp ball dropping behind a defence line ...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:34pm On Jan 04, 2022
Searchingvictor:

Wrong. That was a costly error.

He cleared the ball to his blind-side and the most dangerous place on the field.

You either nod the ball back to the direction it came from or out of play/corner.

McTominay too fvcked up, he lost Moutinho.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11470) (11471) (11472) (11473) (11474) (11475) (11476) ... (14144) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: adexeli(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.