Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,036 members, 7,863,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:54 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11704) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8873769 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11701) (11702) (11703) (11704) (11705) (11706) (11707) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:50am On Mar 28, 2022
izzou:

Omo, TAA just lock down one full wing for pitch..

How much Liverpool dey pay am sef?

He is probably the deadliest crosser of the ball I have seen since Beckham.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 11:04am On Mar 28, 2022
Expert17:

The guy na mad man.

180K per week.

Liverpool sure knows how to keep player's wages in check

Dem no dey throwaway money anyhow
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 11:05am On Mar 28, 2022
afrodoc2:

He is probably the deadliest crosser of the ball I have seen since Beckham.

The guy is so good offensively
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 11:48am On Mar 28, 2022
Leyqute:

So, you’re saying that it’ll take the new coach one year to know if Bruno is in his plans?
It'll take him about a year to make a decision. Knowing and ultimately making the decision are different things. He's the most important player in tbe club. It's not like you're trying to see if Bissaka fits in the team. It's Bruno ffs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 12:01pm On Mar 28, 2022
Leyqute:
Imagine this:

Player signs new bumper contract. New coach doesn’t like him and starts benching him.

Club can’t sell him cos of his high wages. Player isn’t playing cos of wahala with coach. Another waste of money. Another dressing room problem

In as much as you want to quickly renew contracts of players deemed important, it’s pertinent to do it with wisdom.

Negotiation can be ongoing until the new guy says the player is a core part of his plan. It won’t take one year like some people imagine.

If the contract negotiations pass this year, the odds of him signing dwindles drastically. And it's people like you that'll slate the board for not taking care of business till the contract ran down.

The salary he's being offered is not mind-blowing. If he doesn't fit in the plan, he can be sold. Don't understand the reaction.

This is Bruno not Bissaka.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 12:12pm On Mar 28, 2022
Expert17:

Yeah, I agree.

Bruno's new contract is just 240K per week, we have so many useless players in EPL with the same pay or even higher. So I don't get the fuss over this deal.

We need a new manager to come in before we decide if we want to pay our new player 240k.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2022
Expert17:
LostmyZeal how far? cheesy

I'm talking ball retention, you talking Adventurous passes?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:46pm On Mar 28, 2022
ChristoBam:

It'll take him about a year to make a decision. Knowing and ultimately making the decision are different things. He's the most important player in tbe club. It's not like you're trying to see if Bissaka fits in the team. It's Bruno ffs.

Bruno’s contract expires in 2025 actually. With an option to trigger a year extension.

Still in support of the rush?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2022
Expert17:
LostmyZeal how far? cheesy

And by the way, the final third where there ought to be productivity, nothing comot for there.

Rather na from midfield wey he dey spam passes all over the place
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 12:52pm On Mar 28, 2022
ChristoBam:

Poch parking the bus? You just really exposed your football knowledge for real. All you're actually knowledgeable about it terms of football is Messi vs Ronaldo.

Parking bus and counter has never been Poch's style even in Espanyol.

LoL... Very funny cheesy

So,,, you mean the bold doesn't apply to Poch shocked

Okay, Mr Football knowledge, tell us about Poch's style..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:53pm On Mar 28, 2022
ChristoBam:

If the contract negotiations pass this year, the odds of him signing dwindles drastically. And it's people like you that'll slate the board for not taking care of business till the contract ran down.

The salary he's being offered is not mind-blowing. If he doesn't fit in the plan, he can be sold. Don't understand the reaction.

This is Bruno not Bissaka.

If you take a holistic approach to this issue, you won’t be saying this.

There’s no guarantee that Bruno will keep playing the way he has.

The reason we’ve made so many contract mistakes is because we are quick to reward players with bumper contracts.

Luke Shaw was once promising. Once he got a new contract performance dwindled.
Same with Martial. Rashford. There are more examples.

You’re asking us to keep making that mistake. It’s wrong.

There’s nothing wrong in renewing contracts. It has to be done with sense so we don’t end up on the receiving end.

Rushing Bruno’s contract renewal at this point made no sense, no matter how you put it. Opening negotiations a year earlier sef no too make sense.

If the glazers and the board work well on the club and create a good footballing structure, we won’t have to be begging players to play for us and throwing money at them.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:53pm On Mar 28, 2022
LostMyZeal:

And by the way, the final third where there ought to be productivity, nothing comot for there.

Rather na from midfield wey he dey spam passes all over the place

Lol ok, so what's an AM business with ball retention?

He's the only non- defender in this list, respect the guy abeg.

Spam passes leading to highest assist in EPL and chance creation since he joined. Oga find another agenda.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 12:54pm On Mar 28, 2022
Neimar:

12 goals and 6th on the table?
See achievement grin
grin

Dey whyne yourself

Why not swap Maysee and CR7 teams make we see how far

Just swap them. I'll wait grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2022
Expert17:

Nope, he's on 180k upgrading to 240k, which is perfect and a bargain considering

Jogba is on 290k
Martial 250k
Varane 340k
Sancho 350K
Cavani 250k
De Gea 375 k

No cap, Bruno's agent is very stupid.

Hmmm....if the 240 is what the renewal is about, then it's cool

I think say he wan upgrade to 300 mark
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2022
ChristoBam:

We need a new manager to come in before we decide if we want to pay our new player 240k.

cheesy cheesy

His salary was upgraded from 60K (Sporting Lisbon) to 180K (120K base, rising to 180K), he never stopped performing.

So because of 60k increase baba will stop performing grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2022
LostMyZeal:

Hmmm....if the 240 is what the renewal is about, then it's cool

I think say he wan upgrade to 300 mark

Just 240K ohh, which is a big steal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 1:03pm On Mar 28, 2022
Leyqute:

If you take a holistic approach to this issue, you won’t be saying this.

There’s no guarantee that Bruno will keep playing the way he has.

The reason we’ve made so many contract mistakes is because we are quick to reward players with bumper contracts.

Luke Shaw was once promising. Once he got a new contract performance dwindled.
Same with Martial. Rashford. There are more examples.

You’re asking us to keep making that mistake. It’s wrong.

There’s nothing wrong in renewing contracts. It has to be done with sense so we don’t end up on the receiving end.

Rushing Bruno’s contract renewal at this point made no sense, no matter how you put it. Opening negotiations a year earlier sef no too make sense.

If the glazers and the board work well on the club and create a good footballing structure, we won’t have to be begging players to play for us and throwing money at them.

Bro, he's going to be paid 240k. If he doesn't fit, he can be sold easily. The terrible thing is waiting while his contract runs down.

You have an agenda against Bruno. You know why I said that?

Rashford signed his contract in July 2019, and then had the best season of his career after.
Luke shaw signed his contract and had injury problems. But was a beast the following season.

And these are the examples you made against Bruno signing a new contract.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 1:03pm On Mar 28, 2022
TrebleChamp:
And Ronaldo has how many goals and assist? Oga Messi has 2 league 1 goals, just 2 league 1 goals this season.

cheesy cheesy

He kuku give you the sum total just to massage Leeyo ego

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 1:07pm On Mar 28, 2022
TrebleChamp:
Take me to the cleaners on Messi vs Ronaldo performance this season? Guy you don't want to go down this route with me, Messi has been absolutely poor this season by his standard. 2 league 1 goals in 6 + months, more so while playing in an inferior League with quality teammate. Take me to the cleaners indeed grin

E shock you, no be so cheesy

Wetin go make you fear Leeyo fans na say despite the poor season as opposed to expectations, they still wan defend am.

That is very scary because where is the conscience. Omo

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 1:23pm On Mar 28, 2022
Expert17:

Lol ok, so what's an AM business with ball retention?

He's the only non- defender in this list, respect the guy abeg.

Spam passes leading to highest assist in EPL and chance creation since he joined. Oga find another agenda.

I get you quite well

Bruno thrives very well in the counter attack system

That's why he was able to post those numbers under Ole

What he does is release the ball as soon as he gets it. However, no be every opponent we go dey play like that against...sho get?

There are times when you're watching our games and you'd clearly see that ball retention would have done a lot more.

The purpose of retaining possession is not just to dominate and control games yunno. I mean, what's the point of all these without end product.

I've seen many times where our forwards like Sancho, Cr7 and Cavani are trying to make off-the-ball moves to disorganize the defensive structure of our opponents but the ball was quickly released and it was either intercepted or out of play.

Ball retention is very very important
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neimar: 1:24pm On Mar 28, 2022
LostMyZeal:

Dey whyne yourself

Why not swap Maysee and CR7 teams make we see how far

Just swap them. I'll wait grin

No need to swap
Let Pendu lead United to UEL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 1:28pm On Mar 28, 2022
Neimar:

No need to swap
Let Pendu lead United to UEL

You mean what Leeyo foresaw before he jumped ship?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 1:44pm On Mar 28, 2022
Louis van Gaal: "Erik ten Hag should join a football club, not a commercial club. #mufc is a commercial club." #mulive

VanGaal still carry us for mind undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 1:46pm On Mar 28, 2022
#mufc are ready to open contract talks with Marcus Rashford and Luke Shaw after agreeing a new long-term deal with Bruno Fernandes #mulive [@RobDawsonESPN]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 1:47pm On Mar 28, 2022
Marcus Rashford and Luke Shaw are considered part of a key group of core players that #mufc want to keep and are keen to push ahead with contract negotiations despite uncertainty over the identity of the next permanent manager #mulive [@RobDawsonESPN]

embarassed cry embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2022
LostMyZeal:

I get you quite well

Bruno thrives very well in the counter attack system

That's why he was able to post those numbers under Ole

What he does is release the ball as soon as he gets it. However, no be every opponent we go dey play like that against...sho get?

There are times when you're watching our games and you'd clearly see that ball retention would have done a lot more.

The purpose of retaining possession is not just to dominate and control games yunno. I mean, what's the point of all these without end product.

I've seen many times where our forwards like Sancho, Cr7 and Cavani are trying to make off-the-ball moves to disorganize the defensive structure of our opponents but the ball was quickly released and it was either intercepted or out of play.

Ball retention is very very important

It's no longer lost possession, now ball retention after I showed you De Bruyne's misplaced passes/dis-possessed statistics. lol

For a player to have a high amount of assists, chances, and important/dangerous passes he must be in sync with his teammates providing them with what they need at that particular time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 2:06pm On Mar 28, 2022
#mufc ideally want to sign a centre-forward, two midfielders (one defensive, one offensive) and a right-sided winger this summer #mulive [@lauriewhitwell]

Who remembers the famous Ole list?

grin cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by donstan18: 2:08pm On Mar 28, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy

I can’t wait for Ten Hag to become more useless after joining ManU

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by andrewbaba44: 2:23pm On Mar 28, 2022
Ellexy:
Louis van Gaal: "Erik ten Hag should join a football club, not a commercial club. #mufc is a commercial club." #mulive

The truth is bitter man

Look van gaal point from a neutral point of view and you will see that he is right
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:32pm On Mar 28, 2022
Ellexy:

But the man is not lying now. He is warning his countryman and giving him sound advice. If i was not a United fan i would advise my friend or family member not to play for or coach such a disorganized club.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11701) (11702) (11703) (11704) (11705) (11706) (11707) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.