Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,039 members, 7,863,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:35 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11705) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8873855 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11702) (11703) (11704) (11705) (11706) (11707) (11708) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2022
Expert17:

It's no longer lost possession, now ball retention after I showed you De Bruyne's misplaced passes/dis-possessed statistics. lol

For a player to have a high amount of assists, chances, and important/dangerous passes he must be in sync with his teammates providing them with what they need at that particular time.

I think you're the one confusing yourself

What, in your understanding, is the relationship between ball retention and possession?

I made it very clear that we need to retain possession more, instead of going the 'kick and run' route

What don't you understand from all these?

Isn't it funny that now that your fave is on a goal drought, y'all stay louding his assists just like Maysee fans are doing grin

Oh, I even forgot you're a Leeyo stan

Why is Bruno not posting the kinda goal numbers he posted under Ole?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
Ellexy:
Louis van Gaal: "Erik ten Hag should join a football club, not a commercial club. #mufc is a commercial club." #mulive

VanGaal still carry us for mind undecided

But he's very right

Glazers are all about the money
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 3:07pm On Mar 28, 2022
afrodoc2:

But the man is not lying now. He is warning his countryman and giving him sound advice. If i was not a United fan i would advise my friend or family member not to play for or coach such a disorganized club.
I mean the club is trying to get it right with proper structures and Football people. I get why Gaal said what he said but we still need the best minds.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 3:07pm On Mar 28, 2022
Why are fans angry about bruno extension...

Man is our best player, and earning peanuts.. This is bruno we're talking about, I know the board ain't signing no coach that won't use the majority of the players we have.. besides if bruno is put up for sale today, clubs will splash up 100m for him with better salary package. If at all bruno's agent lacks good negotiation skills, he could have increased it to 290k, pogbas salary.. bruno loves MUFC, and wants to keep playing, he's not like lingard and martial that are ready to sit on the bench if they are not played. Man will take a salary cut and move elsewhere.. besides I don't know why will keep complaining about owners money, I want these players to get their bread while they still can, there's a lot of money these greedy owners make from football clubs and it's about to start increasing..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:15pm On Mar 28, 2022
LostMyZeal:

I think you're the one confusing yourself

What, in your understanding, is the relationship between ball retention and possession?

I made it very clear that we need to retain possession more, instead of going the 'kick and run' route

What don't you understand from all these?

Lol, you are confusing yourself oh.

Isn't it funny that now that your fave is on a goal drought, y'all stay louding his assists just like Maysee fans are doing grin

Even if Messi's goal drought continues for the next 50 games, he still has a better goal-to-game ratio than CR7.

Why is Bruno not posting the kinda goal numbers he posted under Ole?

Ask Donstan18
cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:17pm On Mar 28, 2022
Ellexy:
I mean the club is trying to get it right with proper structures and Football people. I get why Gaal said what he said but we still need to best minds.

You THINK the club is trying to get it right. There is no guarantee and very little evidence.

You are looking at it as a United fan. LVG who worked inside the club knows what he is saying. I have even said something similar here. The Glazers have been running the club like Manchester United Social Media Club.

In 2013 people were wondering why David Gill left the club at the same time as SAF when he was still relatively young at 55. In hindsight it is clear that he knew of the catastrophe that was on the way and wanted nothing to do with it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:18pm On Mar 28, 2022
ovoP:
Why are fans angry about bruno extension...

Man is our best player, and earning peanuts.. This is bruno we're talking about, I know the board ain't signing no coach that won't use the majority of the players we have.. besides if bruno is put up for sale today, clubs will splash up 100m for him with better salary package. If at all bruno's agent lacks good negotiation skills, he could have increased it to 290k, pogbas salary.. bruno loves MUFC, and wants to keep playing, he's not like lingard and martial that are ready to sit on the bench if they are not played. Man will take a salary cut and move elsewhere.. besides I don't know why will keep complaining about owners money, I want these players to get their bread while they still can, there's a lot of money these greedy owners make from football clubs and it's about to start increasing..

I still don't know how Bruno's agent negotiated that rubbish ohh.

240K wtf
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by donstan18: 3:18pm On Mar 28, 2022
Expert17:

Ask Donstan18
cheesy

Them no even born am well to try am.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:25pm On Mar 28, 2022
ChristoBam:

Bro, he's going to be paid 240k. If he doesn't fit, he can be sold easily. The terrible thing is waiting while his contract runs down.

You have an agenda against Bruno. You know why I said that?

Rashford signed his contract in July 2019, and then had the best season of his career after.
Luke shaw signed his contract and had injury problems. But was a beast the following season.

And these are the examples you made against Bruno signing a new contract.

I don’t have any agenda against Bruno. If you were a regular here and concern yourself about other things apart from United signing Pochettino , you’d know.

Plus I didn’t really talk about the price. It’s more about the eagerness to renew his contract. You didn’t address that at all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
This is what happens when you have people like the Glazers in charge of a club.

Instead of fixing the problem they’re just papering over the cracks.

It’s a social media commercial club now.

SMH.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
afrodoc2:

You THINK the club is trying to get it right. There is no guarantee and very little evidence.

You are looking at it as a United fan. LVG who worked inside the club knows what he is saying. I have even said something similar here. The Glazers have been running the club like Manchester United Social Media Club.

In 2013 people were wondering why David Gill left the club at the same time as SAF when he was still relatively young at 55. In hindsight it is clear that he knew of the catastrophe that was on the way and wanted nothing to do with it.
VanGaal can say all that now but you and I knows he's still pained the way the club parted ways with him. Gaal is a football person true and true and also highly principled, he would have resigned or walked out on the club when he found out it was a commercial club and not a football club yet he wanted to continue...

If anything I believe this last decade post Fergie has taught the club so many things and the one who ran things for the club has been let go. The commercial part of the club ain't going to just stop cos this is the era social media and all but here's hoping for a new decade of success built on the lessons of the last commercial decade. In other for this to happen, we need the best of minds who can bring that balance between the two sides so one side won't be suffering at the expense of the other.

Lastly, I believe if VanGaal gets offered the United job right now he'll still take it.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 4:01pm On Mar 28, 2022
Meanwhile, Luis Enrique prefers a Barca B goalkeeper in a third division to Man United’s untouchable number one according to some folks here. wink

And I hope the Harry Kane rumours remain as rumours abeg undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:16pm On Mar 28, 2022
Ellexy:
VanGaal can say all that now but you and I knows he's still pained the way the club parted ways with him. Gaal is a football person true and true and also highly principled, he would have resigned or walked out on the club when he found out it was a commercial club and not a football club yet he wanted to continue...

If anything I believe this last decade post Fergie has taught the club so many things and the one who ran things for the club has been let go. The commercial part of the club ain't going to just stop cos this is the era social media and all but here's hoping for a new decade of success built on the lessons of the last commercial decade. In other for this to happen, we need the best of minds who can bring that balance between the two sides so one side won't be suffering at the expense of the other.

Lastly, I believe if VanGaal gets offered the United job right now he'll still take it.

You are focusing on the messenger rather than the message.

The club has an incompetent ownership and management with a dysfunctional squad full of crybabies with overinflated egos.

Whether Van Gaal is the person saying it or Van Persie doesn’t change the facts on ground.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:20pm On Mar 28, 2022
Ellexy:
Meanwhile, Luis Enrique prefers a Barca B goalkeeper in a third division to Man United’s untouchable number one according to some folks here. wink

And I hope the Harry Kane rumours remain as rumours abeg undecided

DDG is not good with the ball at his feet. Any possession based manager will not rate him.

Last year even ten Hag quickly recruited a 37yr old nobody as GK mainly cos of his ball playing ability.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 5:04pm On Mar 28, 2022
Wàhálà for this club is multifaceted. As one dey go down, another one dey rise.

Hmmmmm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 5:05pm On Mar 28, 2022
Expert17:

Yeah, I agree.

Bruno's new contract is just 240K per week, we have so many useless players in EPL with the same pay or even higher. So I don't get the fuss over this deal.

Let the new Manager decide who goes and who stays. As much as i love Bruno Fernandes, i think matters of contract extension should be left to the new Manager...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2022
LostMyZeal:

cheesy cheesy

He kuku give you the sum total just to massage Leeyo ego
You dey mind Expert grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 5:54pm On Mar 28, 2022
Ellexy:
Louis van Gaal: "Erik ten Hag should join a football club, not a commercial club. [b]#mufc is a commercial club." #mulive[/b]

VanGaal still carry us for mind undecided
Sadly he is right grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 5:57pm On Mar 28, 2022
Ellexy:
Marcus Rashford and Luke Shaw are considered part of a key group of core players that #mufc want to keep and are keen to push ahead with contract negotiations despite uncertainty over the identity of the next permanent manager #mulive [@RobDawsonESPN]

embarassed cry embarassed
This is what Leyqute was emphasising on, if Ten Haag or any Manager comes in now. He will be forced to use this players, even if they don't fit his style of play. It doesn't look like our suffering will end anytime soon, na weyrey truly full that board (except nitrogen)...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 6:03pm On Mar 28, 2022
Ellexy:
#mufc ideally want to sign a centre-forward, two midfielders (one defensive, one offensive) and a right-sided winger this summer #mulive [@lauriewhitwell]

Who remembers the famous Ole list?

grin cheesy grin
Sancho was that famous list cool...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 6:04pm On Mar 28, 2022
afrodoc2:

You are focusing on the messenger rather than the message.

The club has an incompetent ownership and management with a dysfunctional squad full of crybabies with overinflated egos.

Whether Van Gaal is the person saying it or Van Persie doesn’t change the facts on ground.
He has no right to tell Ten Haag where to go and where not to go especially seeing he probably won't reject the same job if he was the favorite,that's my point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 6:05pm On Mar 28, 2022
TrebleChamp:
Sadly he is right grin
All top tier clubs are commercial clubs too, Madrid, Barca, Pool etc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 6:06pm On Mar 28, 2022
afrodoc2:

DDG is not good with the ball at his feet. Any possession based manager will not rate him.

Last year even ten Hag quickly recruited a 37yr old nobody as GK mainly cos of his ball playing ability.
So his days are clearly numbered at United then.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 6:40pm On Mar 28, 2022
Expert17:

I still don't know how Bruno's agent negotiated that rubbish ohh.

240K wtf
And Salah earns how much? You be confirm enemy of United progress cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:43pm On Mar 28, 2022
Ellexy:
He has no right to tell Ten Haag where to go and where not to go especially seeing he probably won't reject the same job if he was the favorite,that's my point.

Can you prove he would take the job? You are just assuming. He just got the Dutch national job so I don’t think he would dump his country to come coach Man Utd commercial club.

He is right. And he has the right to advise whoever he wants. Especially if it is someone knows.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:45pm On Mar 28, 2022
Ellexy:
All top tier clubs are commercial clubs too, Madrid, Barca, Pool etc.

Lol do you understand what he meant by commercial club or you just want to criticise him?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:52pm On Mar 28, 2022
TrebleChamp:
And Salah earns how much? You be confirm enemy of United progress cheesy

Is Salah a United player?

have you seen the figures of Salah's new deal?

Jogba is on 290k, Martial 250k, Varane 340k, Sancho 350K, Cavani 250k and De Gea 375 k.

A player dropping prime De Bruyne statistics shouldn't renew his contract for 5 years on just 240K. At least if you won't win trophies earn enough money.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 6:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
240k weekly is just about enough for Bruno...

Forget the fact that the club have been poor in negotiating contracts. There's no reason why Martial, Rashford, Sancho, Pogba and the likes should be earning so much.

We can't be complaining of our exorbitant wage bill caused by the incompetence of those in charge of contract negotiations yet still saying at 240k Bruno is underpaid...

Expert17, calm down...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:16pm On Mar 28, 2022
patrickmuf:
240k weekly is just about enough for Bruno...

Forget the fact that the club has been poor in negotiating contracts. There's no reason why Martial, Rashford, Sancho, Pogba, and the likes should be earning so much.

We can't be complaining about our exorbitant wage bill caused by the incompetence of those in charge of contract negotiations yet still saying at 240k Bruno is underpaid...

Expert17, calm down...

For United, this is a good deal.

My point is: Bruno's agent is not a good negotiator taking into consideration
-the amount bench warmers/useless players are earning @ United
-been the club's best player since he joined.
-no trophies, so you should earn enough cash as consolation.
-his performance/statistics matches the highest earners in the league (Kane, Salah, De Bruyne, Lukaku, De Gea, Sancho, Varane, CR7).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 7:24pm On Mar 28, 2022
afrodoc2:

Can you prove he would take the job? You are just assuming. He just got the Dutch national job so I don’t think he would dump his country to come coach Man Utd commercial club.

He is right. And he has the right to advise whoever he wants. Especially if it is someone knows.
That's why I said "if he probably becomes the favorite right now" which he's not. Also you can't prove he'll reject the job if it got offered to him so...

All I'm saying is Ogbeni Gaal should leave us be.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2022
afrodoc2:

Lol do you understand what he meant by commercial club or you just want to criticise him?
Is there anything we are doing commercially out of the ordinary that those top tier clubs ain't doing? The issue is our on-field prowess hasn't matched our commercial side in recent times. Infact, it has affected the commercial side going by recent publications.

That we're failing on the field doesn't also mean we should suspend or shut down the commercial side, what's needed is for the on-field ambition to be realized. Ole was backed, unfortunately he wasn't the messiah, maybe the new manager will.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 7:44pm On Mar 28, 2022
Expert17:

For United, this is a good deal.

My point is: Bruno's agent is not a good negotiator taking into consideration
-the amount bench warmers/useless players are earning @ United
-been the club's best player since he joined.
-no trophies, so you should earn enough cash as consolation.
-his performance/statistics matches the highest earners in the league (Kane, Salah, De Bruyne, Lukaku, De Gea, Sancho, Varane, CR7)
Imagine, and you'll be here cursing the board for their incompetence. Imagine what you'll do if there shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (11702) (11703) (11704) (11705) (11706) (11707) (11708) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.