Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11789) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8732153 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11786) (11787) (11788) (11789) (11790) (11791) (11792) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 8:39pm On Apr 21, 2022
TrebleChamp:
His taktiks isn't working, Chelshit was bad under Lampard until Tuchel happened. He started Jones ahead of Bailey yesterday, keeps playing Maguire that has been completely shit every game. Started 3 sluggish defenders and too sluggish midfielders against Liverpool with a Pacy Sallah and Mane, this na little details a good coach should know. Can you honest say Rafiu would have won against Assnal, drew Chelshit and won against Villareal to take us through to CL knock out stage like Carrick did?
The man is clueless. Rangnick hasn't made a single improvement to the team. He's failed at all facets of management here. Tactics, man management, fitness, even his decision to loan out players was brain dead. He only shows up in press conferences to talk nonsense and demoralize the players further.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 9:29pm On Apr 21, 2022
D way dem dey use square play kill us ehh.

And that's what mancity and Liverpool use to succeed.

I dont know why we dont play that way..

Chelsea does it too and are successful.
Arsenal too sometimes.

But our own. Once we reach those 7 and 11 position.
Dem go pass ball go back..

See Liverpool first goal.
Simple square ball. And tapin.

Simple basics like that.. We no dey do am..
Nawah

Half of mancity goals this season na square balls. From marhez.. Or cancelo or foden or sterling.. Or kdb.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 9:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
Our own na to dey pass left and right like say dem dey shuffle card

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2022
BARAJ92:
Leaving Carrick would have been the best option, A coach doesn't need experience to be successful, you don't chance a winning coach.
You can't the stop the rain bro, when it starts to fall grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 11:38pm On Apr 21, 2022
Time for DVB to shine at United, no more excuse for him...

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:28am On Apr 22, 2022
Mrviktor:
D way dem dey use square play kill us ehh.

And that's what mancity and Liverpool use to succeed.

I dont know why we dont play that way..

Chelsea does it too and are successful.
Arsenal too sometimes.

But our own. Once we reach those 7 and 11 position.
Dem go pass ball go back..

See Liverpool first goal.
Simple square ball. And tapin.

Simple basics like that.. We no dey do am..
Nawah

Half of mancity goals this season na square balls. From marhez.. Or cancelo or foden or sterling.. Or kdb.

Very easy to explain. It has been happening since the days of Mourinho but slowly got worse under Ole.

1) No off the ball movement

2) No triangular passing

3) No passing between the lines

If you remove those 3 you are left with endless sideways passing, wingers trying to dribble people 1v1 all the time, long balls, forced through passes.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:07am On Apr 22, 2022
cool

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 6:39am On Apr 22, 2022
Oasis007:
cool

Abeg I never recover from gegen pressing cry cry cry

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 6:41am On Apr 22, 2022
Bombblacks:

The man is clueless. Rangnick hasn't made a single improvement to the team. He's failed at all facets of management here. Tactics, man management, fitness, even his decision to loan out players was brain dead. He only shows up in press conferences to talk nonsense and demoralize the players further.
I swear. Even Ole we all love to hate went on a winning run with players left by Mourinho we all thought were hopeless. Ralf no even get any honeymoon period to speak of
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 6:45am On Apr 22, 2022
TrebleChamp:
Time for DVB to shine at United, no more excuse for him...

He's still not United material.
From what we can see at everton.

Na pity una just dey feel for that boy.

It might work for him at Tottenham or Chelsea.. At least der Kante nd jorginho get him back so he will just play Mason mounts role

But for United.. He can't bench bruno. Nd lingard looks more confident on d ball than him..

D boy is always quick to release d ball like cleverly.

Maybe new coach go change am shaa.

But for d past 3 years. D players as we have seen are only playing what they know and not what d coach wants
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:02am On Apr 22, 2022
Mrviktor:

He's still not United material.
From what we can see at everton.

Na pity una just dey feel for that boy.

It might work for him at Tottenham or Chelsea.. At least der Kante nd jorginho get him back so he will just play Mason mounts role

But for United.. He can't bench bruno. Nd lingard looks more confident on d ball than him..

D boy is always quick to release d ball like cleverly.

Maybe new coach go change am shaa.

But for d past 3 years. D players as we have seen are only playing what they know and not what d coach wants
Maybe Ten Hag will get the best out of him like he did at Ajax, reason why i said no more excuse for him. Ten Hag must not be allowed to Manage rubbish, talented but unserious players like Dablord, Rashford, Wan Bissaka, Lingard, McTominey, Maguire, Jones, Shaw, Martial etc, United must get it right from the get go..

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 9:40am On Apr 22, 2022
tongue

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:57am On Apr 22, 2022
LostMyZeal:
tongue
Now we talking, the boy is talented to waste like that. I pray their partnership works again...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neimar: 10:01am On Apr 22, 2022
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by postdigger(m): 10:51am On Apr 22, 2022
Neimar:
cheesy

I just hope they drop enough receipts, i need food for next season when they probably finish 5th grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TLona1: 11:30am On Apr 22, 2022
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:47am On Apr 22, 2022
Useless talkative that has not done nothing to the team. The way we play is just so bad, that a relegation team that scored only 8 away goals all season managed to score 2 against us within minutes, and they were going to score more sef.

This is not just about the players, it is not about exposing what Utd have become, it’s about a useless manager that knows nothing!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 12:14pm On Apr 22, 2022
Pogba seems to be out for atleast 4 weeks. Looks like that is the end of his man utd chapter. What a waste.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TLona1: 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2022
Funny how the same people who call Pep a fraud want Ten Haag to do away with some players and rebuild the team by buying new set of players.

Ironic.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2022
nitrogen:
Useless talkative that has not done nothing to the team. The way we play is just so bad, that a relegation team that scored only 8 away goals all season managed to score 2 against us within minutes, and they were going to score more sef.

This is not just about the players, it is not about exposing what Utd have become, it’s about a useless manager that knows nothing!

I would have given this more credence if it was a totally unknown manager. Or if the players you are talking about did not have a history of suddenly going on prolonged crappy runs out of the blue. Has happened at least 3 times in the past few years ( Mourinho sack season, Ole after permanent appointment, Ole sack season).

In all his clubs he has been able to implement his exciting pressing style. That is, until he met our diva players. I have always followed the Bundesliga closely and this is the first time in almost 2 decades that a Ralf teams is playing such disjointed football.

He might not be a great coach but his history everywhere else suggests he is at least a decent one. It is funny that you are trying to defend the same players that followed up 2nd place with sack for Ole just a few years after following 2nd place with sack for Mourinho. Sacrificing coaches is in these players’ DNA.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:05pm On Apr 22, 2022
afrodoc2:

I would have given this more credence if it was a totally unknown manager. Or if the players you are talking about did not have a history of suddenly going on prolonged crappy runs out of the blue. Has happened at least 3 times in the past few years ( Mourinho sack season, Ole after permanent appointment, Ole sack season).

In all his clubs he has been able to implement his exciting pressing style. That is, until he met our diva players. I have always followed the Bundesliga closely and this is the first time in almost 2 decades that a Ralf teams is playing such disjointed football.

He might not be a great coach but his history everywhere else suggests he is at least a decent one. It is funny that you are trying to defend the same players that followed up 2nd place with sack for Ole just a few years after following 2nd place with sack for Mourinho. Sacrificing coaches is in these players’ DNA.
Tbh, this guy has got no history. He’s only been touted as grandfather of Ghenghen pressing, which in my opinion, he tried to start it but has not been successful vs Klopp and others. There is a reason he has not won major trophies and he’s not been called to manage a decent team.

I am not defending the players, I just struggle to understand why all the blame is on the players when the manager is the driver of the bus. We have not made any improvement since he came, we are worse off sef. Even things were not this bad under Ole. Of course, there were a few hiccups along the way, but he recovered even though we did not win any trophies.

Rauf is not a good manager, he’s got no history and he is a talkative.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:14pm On Apr 22, 2022
Rangnick on Erik ten Hag: “I like his football. I'm pretty positive that with a full pre-season and having a chance to build and mould his own staff, and a new team”

“Pogba? I don’t think that it is very likely that he will be able to play again this season”.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:17pm On Apr 22, 2022
Rangnick on Manchester United recruitment: "I don't know. This is a question for the board. My focus is on the last remaining games. It's better you speak to the board."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:18pm On Apr 22, 2022
nitrogen:

Tbh, this guy has got no history. He’s only been touted as grandfather of Ghenghen pressing, which in my opinion, he tried to start it but has not been successful vs Klopp and others. There is a reason he has not won major trophies and he’s not been called to manage a decent team.

I am not defending the players, I just struggle to understand why all the blame is on the players when the manager is the driver of the bus. We have not made any improvement since he came, we are worse off sef. Even things were not this bad under Ole. Of course, there were a few hiccups along the way, but he recovered even though we did not win any trophies.

You are talking what you don’t know. I am talking about the way his teams play and I am not even talking about the people hyping him as the godfather of gegenpressing.

You were listening to the hype of godfather because you never really followed his teams, I watched his teams closely for several years and don’t have to rely on those hyping him as a godfather. They play in a particular manner, win or lose. I am not talking about winning trophies or even winning games but the style of play.

Immediately he started throwing stones and poisoned arrows at the moronic board and club management that you defended with all your blood for so many years I knew you would target him. Well done sah grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 1:22pm On Apr 22, 2022
Okay... undecided

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:28pm On Apr 22, 2022
nitrogen:

The same players that came 2nd under Mourinho suddenly became useless and packed it in the next season and got him sacked by Christmas.
If the season was under a new manager people would have said the new manager was bad and that we should have kept Mourinho.

The same players that went on several weeks winning run under interim manager Ole suddenly went on several weeks losing run under permanent manager Ole. If it had been a different manager that was appointed permanent manager people would have said we should have kept Ole as manager.

The same players that came 2nd under Ole became crap next season and got him sacked by Christmas (despite adding a potential GOUT, a world class defender, and a highly rated talent).
If it was under a new manager people would have said we should have stuck with Ole.

These players are professional coach killers. If you decide to still be deceived by them you are O.Y.O.
And if ten Hag decides to stick with most of them as the core of his team then he too will chop breakfast.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
afrodoc2:

The same players that came 2nd under Mourinho suddenly became useless and packed it in the next season and got him sacked by Christmas.
If the season was under a new manager people would have said the new manager was bad and that we should have kept Mourinho.

The same players that went on several weeks winning run under interim manager Ole suddenly went on several weeks losing run under permanent manager Ole. If it had been a different manager that was appointed permanent manager people would have said we should have kept Ole as manager.

The same players that came 2nd under Ole became crap next season and got him sacked by Christmas (despite adding a potential GOUT, a world class defender, and a highly rated talent).
If it was under a new manager people would have said we should have stuck with Ole.

These players are professional coach killers. If you decide to still be deceived by them you are O.Y.O.
And if ten Hag decides to stick with most of them as the core of his team then he too will chop breakfast.

Thank goodness you had the patience to explain the situation.

With the way Naija is right now, to explain certain things dey tire person.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
It won’t be good if Arsenal Under-23 beat our Under-23 today and then the senior team beats our senior team tomorrow o.

The Lord of Chosen hairpus!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:43pm On Apr 22, 2022
Nitrogen is just being sentimental. He knows the truth.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is a duck.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2022
GloryIsaac:

Thank goodness you had the patience to explain the situation.

With the way Naija is right now, to explain certain things dey tire person.

Na why e good to comot Naija. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
That’s how they said Ronaldo is holding the team back.

A team that hasn’t won anything since 2017, no Premier League since 2013, lost the Europa League final to an aged and injury-stricken Villarreal team, it’s someone that joined in late 2021 that’s holding them back.

If you can’t see the pattern, good luck.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:46pm On Apr 22, 2022
afrodoc2:
It won’t be good if Arsenal Under-23 beat our Under-23 today and then the senior team beats our senior team tomorrow o.

The Lord of Chosen hairpus!

They are more hardworking, want it more, and are willing to put in the effort.

Doesn’t look good for United at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11786) (11787) (11788) (11789) (11790) (11791) (11792) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eghos12(m), Demolz and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.