Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11790) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8733047 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11787) (11788) (11789) (11790) (11791) (11792) (11793) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 22, 2022
afrodoc2:

Na why e good to comot Naija. cheesy

Honestly, make we no too drag am sha.

Hope Ten Haag restores our glory days.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:05pm On Apr 22, 2022
afrodoc2:

The same players that came 2nd under Mourinho suddenly became useless and packed it in the next season and got him sacked by Christmas.
If the season was under a new manager people would have said the new manager was bad and that we should have kept Mourinho.

The same players that went on several weeks winning run under interim manager Ole suddenly went on several weeks losing run under permanent manager Ole. If it had been a different manager that was appointed permanent manager people would have said we should have kept Ole as manager.

The same players that came 2nd under Ole became crap next season and got him sacked by Christmas (despite adding a potential GOUT, a world class defender, and a highly rated talent).
If it was under a new manager people would have said we should have stuck with Ole.

These players are professional coach killers. If you decide to still be deceived by them you are O.Y.O.
And if ten Hag decides to stick with most of them as the core of his team then he too will chop breakfast.
Ralf has said they'll be a lot of players leaving and coming in...

Matic is confirmed. I expect Jones, Lingard, Mata, Bailly, Cavani and Pogba to leave...

The chances of Maguire, AWB and Henderson staying depends on whether or not they'll settle for a bench role...Left for me, I'd rather we keep Dalot as a backup RB (I am not so certain if Laird will be ready) and sell AWB...

ETH has to make a decision of which one of Telles or Shaw he'll keep...In midfield, I see us signing at least one DM and a CM depending on what Ten Hag makes of Garner and Hannibal...

We still need to go all out for a RWF and possibly a CF (I don't see Ronaldo settling for a place in the Europa or Conference league)...

Depending on what Ten Hag thinks of Rashford and Martial, we might end up signing at least 3 forward players...

In all, I think some changes will be made but I still think some of this players will be here next season as I don't see us signing up to 7-8 players come summer...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:22pm On Apr 22, 2022
patrickmuf:
Ralf has said they'll be a lot of players leaving and coming in...

Matic is confirmed. I expect Jones, Lingard, Mata, Bailly, Cavani and Pogba to leave...

The chances of Maguire, AWB and Henderson staying depends on whether or not they'll settle for a bench role...Left for me, I'd rather we keep Dalot as a backup RB (I am not so certain if Laird will be ready) and sell AWB...

ETH has to make a decision of which one of Telles or Shaw he'll keep...In midfield, I see us signing at least one DM and a CM depending on what Ten Hag makes of Garner and Hannibal...

We still need to go all out for a RWF and possibly a CF (I don't see Ronaldo settling for a place in the Europa or Conference league)...

Depending on what Ten Hag thinks of Rashford and Martial, we might end up signing at least 3 forward players...

In all, I think some changes will be made but I still think some of this players will be here next season as I don't see us signing up to 7-8 players come summer...

You are right. One crucial question apart from HOW MANY PLAYERS will leave is WHICH PLAYERS will leave.

I have no idea how this transfer window will go but i suspect 2 or 3 players will be promoted from the youth setup to augment 4 or 5 incoming players.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:11pm On Apr 22, 2022
nitrogen:

Tbh, this guy has got no history. He’s only been touted as grandfather of Ghenghen pressing, which in my opinion, he tried to start it but has not been successful vs Klopp and others. There is a reason he has not won major trophies and he’s not been called to manage a decent team.

I am not defending the players, I just struggle to understand why all the blame is on the players when the manager is the driver of the bus. We have not made any improvement since he came, we are worse off sef. Even things were not this bad under Ole. Of course, there were a few hiccups along the way, but he recovered even though we did not win any trophies.

Rauf is not a good manager, he’s got no history and he is a talkative.

I am raumdeuter and I approve this message
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MorataFC: 3:13pm On Apr 22, 2022
Nezzjnr:
Make i keep my welcome till end of next season

I wish him all the very best
grin grin grin
St.Thomas
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:15pm On Apr 22, 2022
afrodoc2:
[/b]

You are right. One crucial question apart from HOW MANY PLAYERS will leave is WHICH PLAYERS will leave.

I have no idea how this transfer window will go but i suspect 2 or 3 players will be promoted from the youth setup to augment 4 or 5 incoming players.
I am kind of happy Pogba is out injured. Hannibal will get more minutes...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2022
afrodoc2:

The same players that came 2nd under Mourinho suddenly became useless and packed it in the next season and got him sacked by Christmas.
If the season was under a new manager people would have said the new manager was bad and that we should have kept Mourinho.

The same players that went on several weeks winning run under interim manager Ole suddenly went on several weeks losing run under permanent manager Ole. If it had been a different manager that was appointed permanent manager people would have said we should have kept Ole as manager.

The same players that came 2nd under Ole became crap next season and got him sacked by Christmas (despite adding a potential GOUT, a world class defender, and a highly rated talent).
If it was under a new manager people would have said we should have stuck with Ole.

These players are professional coach killers. If you decide to still be deceived by them you are O.Y.O.
And if ten Hag decides to stick with most of them as the core of his team then he too will chop breakfast.

It’s the ideas, styles and flexibility of the manager that matter. Every team goes through a rough patch, and depending on the patience of the fans and board, the manager stays or leaves. There are very few cases of sabotage.

You said these same players are professional coach killers, my question to you is, how many of the current crop played under LVG and Mou. The team has changed overtime but then you guys keep saying that the same players are killing careers of managers. That’s absurd!

Again, things happen, and managers are expected to find ways to improve their teams, or they are sacked. It’s nothing more than that.

Back to Rauf, shey if a manager is good at a particular style, he suppose don win major trophies with the style? This guy has been managing since only God knows when, he has had years to tweak his style, and get his teams to win trophies. Where is the progress? He is just a talkative! It is what it is!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:25pm On Apr 22, 2022
Leyqute:
Nitrogen is just being sentimental. He knows the truth.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is a duck.
No, I am not. Let’s face it, Rauf no sabi anything. I agree that some of our players are shyte, but this team can easily make top 4. Just check all the games we played after OGS left, we all were hoping to win the ‘winnable’ games to make top 4, unfortunately, we are seriously struggling to play against relegation teams. If to say Ronaldo no dey, we for dey drag 8th/9th position with Leeds and co.

Everybody except most Man Utd fans gets this fact. Rauf is shyte!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:29pm On Apr 22, 2022
nitrogen:

No, I am not. Let’s face it, Rauf no sabi anything. I agree that some of our players are shyte, but this team can easily make top 4. Just check all the games we played after OGS left, we all were hoping to win the ‘winnable’ games to make top 4, unfortunately, we are seriously struggling to play against relegation teams. If to say Ronaldo no dey, we for dey drag 8th/9th position with Leeds and co.

Ask them are Arsenal or Spurs players who are competing for top 4 better than Man Utd players?

Rauf no sabi anything, Na vibes and press conference he sabi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by donstan18: 3:44pm On Apr 22, 2022
nitrogen:

cheesy Rauf will not mess up. Just watch!
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 3:44pm On Apr 22, 2022
afrodoc2:

Most of these players you're talking about have their contracts running out this summer or the next o. So just imagine the extent to which they don't give a fvck. And person go still open mouth abuse manager.

Rangnick has been blasting these players indirectly for the past 1 week or so. He knows they'll probably say fvck it and get trashed against arsenal but man doesn't care anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2022
nitrogen:

It’s the ideas, styles and flexibility of the manager that matter. Every team goes through a rough patch, and depending on the patience of the fans and board, the manager stays or leaves. There are very few cases of sabotage.

You said these same players are professional coach killers, my question to you is, how many of the current crop played under LVG and Mou. The team has changed overtime but then you guys keep saying that the same players are killing careers of managers. That’s absurd!

Again, things happen, and managers are expected to find ways to improve their teams, or they are sacked. It’s nothing more than that.

Back to Rauf, shey if a manager is good at a particular style, he suppose don win major trophies with the style? This guy has been managing since only God knows when, he has had years to tweak his style, and get his teams to win trophies. Where is the progress? He is just a talkative! It is what it is!
Pep is not flexible. Klopp is not flexible. If they came into this United side, they'd be struggling the same way.

A manager plays ghenghen pressing style of football with extremely fast transition. I watched detailed videos on his tactics before his arrival and knew it'd probably not work as an interim position.

- He has no preseason with this players. So fitness level is low to play the style. They can't even possibly handle it for 20 minutes.
- He has not brought in a single player that suits his style. All he has are players that were purchased by both Ole and Mourinho that suits conversative football more. To worsen the situation, most of them have been in extremely poor form all season.

Blaming Rangnick is just throwing all your anger on a single person like most people love to do. They'll prefer to blame the manager than blame a group of players that'll also include their favorites.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2022
ChristoBam:

Most of these players you're talking about have their contracts running out this summer or the next o. So just imagine the extent to which they don't give a fvck. And person go still open mouth abuse manager.

Rangnick has been blasting these players indirectly for the past 1 week or so. He knows they'll probably say fvck it and get trashed against arsenal but man doesn't care anymore.

Players that already sense many of them won't be here next season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:59pm On Apr 22, 2022
raumdeuter:

Ask them are Arsenal or Spurs players who are competing for top 4 better than Man Utd players?

Rauf no sabi anything, Na vibes and press conference he sabi
It’s just crazy. Under Mou and Ole, it was the manager, but under Messiah Rauf, na players.

Make we stay for one place na!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:00pm On Apr 22, 2022
donstan18:

Hmmm
Well, I said it, but man, I am fuvking disappointed. We had hopes!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:01pm On Apr 22, 2022
ChristoBam:

Oya, mention the first team players that their contracts will run out next season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:05pm On Apr 22, 2022
ChristoBam:

Pep is not flexible. Klopp is not flexible. If they came into this United side, they'd be struggling the same way.

A manager plays ghenghen pressing style of football with extremely fast transition. I watched detailed videos on his tactics before his arrival and knew it'd probably not work as an interim position.

- He has no preseason with this players. So fitness level is low to play the style. They can't even possibly handle it for 20 minutes.
- He has not brought in a single player that suits his style. All he has are players that were purchased by both Ole and Mourinho that suits conversative football more. To worsen the situation, most of them have been in extremely poor form all season.

Blaming Rangnick is just throwing all your anger on a single person like most people love to do. They'll prefer to blame the manager than blame a group of players that'll also include their favorites.

Na today interim manager dey win games without his players? Tuchel did not buy a bird, but he won the UCL with players that ‘supposedly’ sacked Lampard. Zidane nko? I don’t understand why you are holding brief for this guy.

I agree that some players are quite shitty, but let’s honest now, Rauf is not a good manager.

Ghenghen football, for fuvks sake, this guy started managing at age 25, and he is 63 this year, but he has done anything of note in his coaching career. E no shock you?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:07pm On Apr 22, 2022
Mitchell van der Gaag has been offered the managerial role at Ajax, but his preference is to join Erik ten Hag at Manchester United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:08pm On Apr 22, 2022
nitrogen:

It’s just crazy. Under Mou and Ole, it was the manager, but under Messiah Rauf, na players.

Make we stay for one place na!

I have been criticizing the players for years. It is you guys that used to blame one group and absolve the other group entirely e.g You were part of OleOut when i told you guys the players were also useless. I am consistent but you blamed the players during Mourinho's tenure, blamed Ole during his tenure, and now blaming Rangnick. You are the one to stay in one place na. grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:10pm On Apr 22, 2022
afrodoc2:

I have been criticizing the players for years. It is you guys that used to blame one group and absolve the other group entirely e.g You were part of OleOut when i told you guys the players were also useless. I am consistent but you blamed the players during Mourinho's tenure, blamed Ole during his tenure, and now blaming Rangnick. You are the one to stay in one place na. grin

Lol, I have been more consistent than you. I have always focused on the manager. I don’t care what the players are doing, either the manager gets them to work or fuvks off.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:10pm On Apr 22, 2022
afrodoc2:
[/b]

It may not be up to 4 players sef.

Hands crossed though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:12pm On Apr 22, 2022
nitrogen:

Hopes grin

That is the problem. You don't know anything about the man and you started counting dollars in your pocket when maga never pay.

Anyway i think we should just leave it here cos i don't think you are ready to even try to understand my point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:17pm On Apr 22, 2022
“We don't know each other in person, we haven't met in person yet. But, from what I have seen him doing, both at Bayern Munich when he was the Under-23 coach and at Ajax now, I like his football.

“I'm pretty positive with a full pre-season, with having the chance to build and mould his own staff, also a new team, which is obvious, we will have a new team, with a full pre-season, I am pretty sure that we will see a different team and improvement on the pitch.

“I knew that Erik was one of the candidates the board spoke to. And obviously I told them, from what I had seen and known from people who had worked with Erik, that I think he would be a good choice. I still believe that he is a very good choice.”

- Ralf Rangnick
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by donstan18: 4:21pm On Apr 22, 2022
nitrogen:

Do you now agree with me?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:29pm On Apr 22, 2022
donstan18:

Do you now agree with me?

Agree with you on what?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:33pm On Apr 22, 2022
I think some of the players if not most have downed tools while Rangnick has shown that he can only do it his way...

A manager that is flexible would've peppered over the cracks with his set up but then again, it does the team no good in the long run.

I will fault the players for not trying enough and Rangnick for his lack of flexibility...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:34pm On Apr 22, 2022
afrodoc2:

Hopes grin

That is the problem. You don't know anything about the man and you started counting dollars in your pocket when maga never pay.

Anyway i think we should just leave it here cos i don't think you are ready to even try to understand my point.
Well, we still the chance to make top4, and the intent was to sack Ole as soon as possible to salvage the season. Ole was sacked in Nov. We were still in the UCL plus another cup competition, and we had winnable league games that could take us to top 4. But Rauf came and messed everything up. Interims at big clubs come in and they try to do something. Rauf came and became a dummy on the touch lines plus a talkative when in front of the press.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2022
nitrogen:

Ralf R. doesn’t have a stellar CV. Agreed.

He hasn’t won stellar titles or big trophies. Agreed.

However, one thing that you can’t agree on is that his players are lazy.

His teams don’t play this lazily and without intensity.

The main reason we’ve dropped so many points (in winnable matches) is because we dont match our opponents physically.

That’s it.

Had we matched their intensity, there’s no way we’d be dropping those points. We have more quality.

Was it not last month that an opponent ran 10km more than us?

It’s a different thing if the players are putting in the effort and we’re not getting results. In that case, the coach is mostly at fault.

How are you going to blame the coach when the players are not even trying?

You can force a horse to go to the river but you can’t force it to drink water from that river.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2022
patrickmuf:
I think some of the players if not most have downed tools while Rangnick has shown that he can only do it his way...

A manager that is flexible would've peppered over the cracks with his set up but then again, it does the team no good in the long run.

I will fault the players for not trying enough and Rangnick for his lack of flexibility...

When did the players down tools? Where is the evidence? They downed tools against Atletico? Also downed tools against Everton and Norwich? I don’t understand. These guys (Bruno, Ronaldo, DDG, Varane, Sancho etc) wanna play UCL football. Not like all of them can run to another club at the end of the season. So, I don’t get the stuff around downing tools, it’s not a good excuse.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
Leyqute:

Ralf R. doesn’t have a stellar CV. Agreed.

He hasn’t won stellar titles or big trophies. Agreed.

However, one thing that you can’t agree on is that his players are lazy.

His teams don’t play this lazily and without intensity.

The main reason we’ve dropped so many points (in winnable matches) is because we dont match our opponents physically.

That’s it.

Had we matched their intensity, there’s no way we’d be dropping those points. We have more quality.

Was it not last month that an opponent ran 10km more than us?

It’s a different thing if the players are putting in the effort and we’re not getting results. In that case, the coach is mostly at fault.

How are you going to blame the coach when the players are not even trying?

You can force a horse to go to the river but you can’t force it to drink water from that river.

So, they were lazy and not physically fit when they came second last season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
nitrogen:

When did the players down tools? Where is the evidence? They downed tools against Atletico? Also downed tools against Everton and Norwich? I don’t understand. These guys (Bruno, Ronaldo, DDG, Varane, Sancho etc) wanna play UCL football. Not like all of them can run to another club at the end of the season. So, I don’t get the stuff around downing tools, it’s not a good excuse.
Have you been watching our games? Away from the manager, have you seen any fighting spirit in the way we have approached games?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by donstan18: 4:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
nitrogen:

Agree with you on what?
That Raff is shiit.

And that Ronaldo worsened the situation

(1) (2) (3) ... (11787) (11788) (11789) (11790) (11791) (11792) (11793) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eph12(m), engrelvis(m), afrodoc2 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.