Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,967 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:02 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8862168 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12153) (12154) (12155) (12156) (12157) (12158) (12159) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 15, 2022
Expert17:

So the game you watched on Sunday Rashford deserved a rating of 7/10, Shaw 6.1/10, Sancho 6.4/10, Ronaldo 7.2/10 and De Gea even scored above 5

grin cheesy grin grin

You don't understand how soccer rating works. Everyone starts from 6.0 as the game begins. You drop points when you do something negative or add points when you do something positive.

So overall, player ratings can be used to gauge player to player performance on the same team or match. Whether Ronaldo deserves a 7.2 in your opinion matters little. The ratings only shows that he made the most impact among his teammates in the same game. Likewise Rashford as compared to United other attackers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 8:38pm On Aug 15, 2022
Expert17:

Same as KDB, I can bring the stats if you need them

He assisted over 50% of CR7 goals last season and all his goals in UCL.

Bring your stats.

Where and when did Bruno assisted all Ronaldo UCL goals last season? Haba now! Small small with the lies.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:39pm On Aug 15, 2022
Expert17:

No GK can have a rating of 5/10 after giving away 2 goals and shaky all game.

Shaw 6/10, Rashford 7/10, .... maybe I watched a different game

What about the saves he made? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:40pm On Aug 15, 2022
GoddyOra:

You don't understand how soccer rating works. Everyone starts from 6.0 as the game begins. You drop points when you do something negative or add points when you do something positive.

So overall, player ratings can be used to gauge player to player performance on the same team or match. Whether Ronaldo deserves a 7.2 in your opinion matters little. The ratings only shows that he made the most impact among his teammates in the same game. Likewise Rashford as compared to United other attackers.

Fair enough, but I will work with the attached rating.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:40pm On Aug 15, 2022
Illimitable:

What about the saves he made? cheesy

Saves after giving out 2 goals??

He can't score more than 3 with such performance
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 8:41pm On Aug 15, 2022
Liverpool is the new United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:43pm On Aug 15, 2022
Expert17:

Saves after giving out 2 goals??

He can't score more than 3 with such performance

The base score is 6.0. Everyone starts from 6.0
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2022
Expert17:

This is an opinion. It’s not fact based.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 15, 2022
Expert17:

Nah Eriksen doesn't deserve a 6/10 ahead of Maguire who gets a 3/10 that was easily United best defender.

Same Ericksen was directly involved in two goals causing United to lose the game. Man missed United only big chance created the whole game. (That chance was created by Rashford/Elanga I ain't sure).

That's why rating apps are better than blog ratings that is subjective to individual bias or sentiments.

Check Ericksen vs Ronaldo stats in the same game for better objectivity.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:46pm On Aug 15, 2022
Illimitable:

The base score is 6.0. Everyone starts from 6.0

So the 2 goals took out just 0.7 points?

Base score of 6.0, and Sancho finished the game with 6.4 despite hiding all game? Shaw 6.1 grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:50pm On Aug 15, 2022
GoddyOra:

Nah Eriksen doesn't deserve a 6/10 ahead of Maguire who gets a 3/10 that was easily United best defender.

Same Ericksen was directly involved in two goals causing United to lose the game. Man missed United only big chance created the whole game. (That chance was created by Rashford/Elanga I ain't sure).

That's why rating apps are better than blog ratings that is subjective to individual bias or sentiments.

Check Ericksen vs Ronaldo stats in the same game for better objectivity.

42 touches and 96.3% pass accuracy.

Ronaldo is god, bro.

WTF??

Expert17:

Base score of 6.0, and Sancho finished the game with 6.4 despite hiding all game? Shaw 6.1 grin grin

The 2nd goal wasn’t De Gea error. Eriksen wasn’t strong enough. Pogba would have received that ball and murdered the pressing player with sheer strength.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 8:52pm On Aug 15, 2022
GoddyOra:

You ignored a simple Sancho or Rashford question because you weren't sure of yourself, am I right bruh? grin

FYI Rashford was better than Sancho and possibly United best attacker after Ronaldo and maybe 2nd half Ericksen when we was moved higher up.

Learn to understand the basics of the game first before crying about what you know little of.
i ignored it because they both were trash with sancho worse
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:53pm On Aug 15, 2022
Expert17:

Everyone starts at 6.0

The error would take some points out and the good things he did afterwards would add some points.

The net score after 90 mins was 5.3.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:56pm On Aug 15, 2022
Illimitable:

The 2nd goal wasn’t De Gea error. Eriksen wasn’t strong enough. Pogba would have received that ball and murdered the pressing player with sheer strength.

WRONG, it was De Gea's fault. That is a no-pass zone.(except you have a comfortable ball playing GK like Ederson and press resistor like Xavi)

Any mistake there will surely lead to a scoring opportunity, he should have played it wide or launched the ball as Erikson had a man on him even before the pass.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:59pm On Aug 15, 2022
Expert17:

WRONG, it was De Gea's fault. That is a no-pass zone.

Any mistake there will surely lead to a scoring opportunity, he should have passed wide or launched the ball as Erikson had a man on him even before the pass.

It’s not his fault. Eriksen got to the ball first and his pass was anticipated and intercepted. That is on him.

I can name many players in the league that would have received that ball and turned the pressing player.

Eriksen was too predictable. Pogba used to receive passes in that zone and batter any player trying to take the ball from him.

OPTA didn’t count that incident as a De Gea error anyway so your opinion isn’t the fact.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 9:01pm On Aug 15, 2022
TrebleChamp:
So it is Ronaldo's job to coach the team to play well? Ronaldo is the one that handles training schedule and select teams on match days grin..
why are we blaming everyone bar ronaldo.. if ororo was dropping 8/10 every weak, I will understand.. see juve shining again after letting ronaldo leave.. their players look happy.. they won't win every match, but when dey lose, they'll regroup, not start blame each other. That's team work not I'm so good, and you all are bad dressing room.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2022
ovoP:
why are we blaming everyone bar ronaldo.. if ororo was dropping 8/10 every weak, I will understand.. see juve shining again after letting ronaldo leave.. their players look happy.. they won't win every match, but when dey lose, they'll regroup, not start blame each other. That's team work not I'm so good, and you all are bad dressing room.

Yea, they won every trophy last season after Ronaldo left. cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 15, 2022
Expert17:

Simple passes adds points upward of 6.0

Player rarely go as low as 4.0 in ratings except for red cards. You don't understand rating apps. Anything close to 6.0 means that player had as little impact as a spectator watching the game even if he did nothing bad all game (reason why late subs ends up with 6.1 or so).

Maybe you can read the logic behind players' rating algorithm to understand better man.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 9:07pm On Aug 15, 2022
Illimitable:

See, that fellow is a case.

He said Juventus is shinning again. WTF does that mean?

Obviously, these people hate Ronaldo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:09pm On Aug 15, 2022
Illimitable:

It’s not his fault. Eriksen got to the ball first and his pass was anticipated and intercepted. That is on him.

I can name many players in the league that would have received that ball and turned the pressing player.

Eriksen was too predictable. Pogba used to receive passes in that zone and batter any player trying to take the ball from him.

OPTA didn’t count that incident as a De Gea error anyway so your opinion isn’t the fact.

Opta won't record it as a direct error as Eriksen touched the ball.

Just look at the image, Eriksen was under pressure and Maguire was free but the mumu GK picked the wrong man.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 9:09pm On Aug 15, 2022
Illimitable:

they were not this bad.. currently we look like a relegation team..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:11pm On Aug 15, 2022
GoddyOra:

Simple passes adds points upward of 6.0

Player rarely go as low as 4.0 in ratings except for red cards. You don't understand rating apps. Anything close to 6.0 means that player had as little impact as a spectator watching the game even if he did nothing bad all game (reason why late subs ends up with 6.1 or so).

Maybe you can read the logic behind players' rating algorithm to understand better man.

I understand your point perfectly.

You watched the game right? Forget about the app rating....do you think they should score as high as 7/10 and 6/10??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 15, 2022
[quote author=Illimitable post=115739325]

42 touches and 96.3% pass accuracy.

Ronaldo is god, bro.

WTF??

/quote]

United is dragging the GOAT into the mud. That man would cook easily in a super team like Bayern, Madrid, City or PSG but age ain't on his side any more to attract their interest.

It's just sad that some United fans doesn't even appreciate the little he can offer to their shit team at his age. Man literally could have sneaked in a goal last game despite their shambolic display but was unlucky.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 9:13pm On Aug 15, 2022
Expert17:

Opta won't record it as a direct error as Erikson touched the ball.

Just look at the image, Eriksen was under pressure and Maguire was free but the mumu GK picked the wrong man.

De Gea has learnt never to give Maguire the ball after Tielemans goal against Leicester(last season I think).

Eriksen should have done better with that image you posted. He was first to the ball, he could have shot the ball out of play for a corner and then slap De Gea afterwards.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 9:15pm On Aug 15, 2022
GoddyOra:

United is dragging the GOAT into the mud. That man would cook easily in a super team like Bayern, Madrid, City or PSG but age ain't on his side any more to attract their interest.

It's just sad that some United fans doesn't even appreciate the little he can offer to their shit team at his age. Man literally could have sneaked in a goal last game despite their shambolic display but was unlucky.

They can only hate.

Nobody can stop the GOAT.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:16pm On Aug 15, 2022
This Nunez will flop last last

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 9:18pm On Aug 15, 2022
Expert17:
This Nunez will flop last last

grin grin

So Nunez would miss the game against United?

That’s good news for Lisandro.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 15, 2022
Expert17:

I understand your point perfectly.

You watched the game right? Forget about the app rating....do you think they should score as high as 7/10 and 6/10??

You don't get my point. Ratings is a reflection of the whole team. The ratings gauge every player of United on that game.

From the ratings one can tell that De Gea was the worst player (which is correct).
Shaw and Dalot were shit (correct)
Maguire was better than Martinez (Also correct)
Rashford triumphed Sancho (Also correct)
Eriksen had a bad game due to the errors (correct)

A 7.0 rating isn't an A mark but rather a decent rating.
8.0 means a solid game.
Anything close to over 9.0 is an exceptional game.
6.0 is a subpar game.
Anything below 6.0 goes from poor to outrageous bad.

Most players fall on the 6.2-7.0 bandwidth for average games. You are the one mixing it up. Check player ratings of other games or clubs to understand better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:20pm On Aug 15, 2022
Illimitable:

So Nunez would miss the game against United?

That’s good news for Lisandro.

Diaz and salah will cause havoc.

Diaz just scored grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2022
We Fvcking dodged a bullet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 9:23pm On Aug 15, 2022
Expert17:

Diaz and salah will cause havoc.

Diaz just scored grin

Palace players just stood by and let Diaz snake his way from the flank to the centre to release a shot.

Vieira should make everyone of them benchpress 200kg weights after the game.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2022
GoddyOra:

Maybe when you learn to understand the game you won't be needing explanations to make an opinion of your own.

Can you name any 3 players that played better than Ronaldo on Saturday? Man had the best passing accuracy of the whole team as the front man with a decent volume.

His link-up plays were visible despite the lack of bite in your attack.

I don't rely on this nonsense and I'm sure you don't unless it fits a certain agenda. A player in that game can get high ratings by just being anonymous.

We were trashed 4-0. Everyone was terrible. There's nothing like top 3 performers.

Ronaldo lost the fvcking ball that lead to that shot on target that caused the first goal. Unnecessarily holding on to the ball till he gets fouled. Different players had shots on target in that game except Ronaldo, who is the striker.

Don't come here to tell me he was one of the best kinikan

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12153) (12154) (12155) (12156) (12157) (12158) (12159) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Bluelines69, odizeey(m), Ijustwantto and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.