Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,074 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:09 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8863014 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12156) (12157) (12158) (12159) (12160) (12161) (12162) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:09am On Aug 16, 2022
larride:
Wolves don almost complete the signing of Nunes while we are still talking with Rabiot going to 9 days now.

This club is cursed.
And Uncle Ten is still in charge, that dude go collect plenty from fans if he doesn't Japa from this club...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:10am On Aug 16, 2022
larride:
Wolves don almost complete the signing of Nunes while we are still talking with Rabiot going to 9 days now.

This club is cursed.

There are many reasons why this can be ascribed to the manager. Thanks to fellow fans here for highlighting them and providing exegesis.

1) The manager wants to assess every single current player in preseason before approving any buys.

2) The manager has insisted that after assessing all players FDJ must be the first player bought.

3) The manager has not informed Rabiot that Man Utd want him and he also has not informed Man Utd that Rabiot wants to come.

4) The manager has not informed Juve that we want to buy Rabiot.

5) The manager has not informed himself of 3 and 4 above.

Solid reasons if I might add.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Gambit001: 9:15am On Aug 16, 2022
afrodoc2:

There are many reasons why this can be ascribed to the manager. Thanks to fellow fans here for highlighting them and providing exegesis.

1) The manager wants to assess every single current player in preseason before approving any buys.

2) The manager has insisted that after assessing all players FDJ must be the first player bought.

3) The manager has not informed Rabiot that Man Utd want him and he also has not informed Man Utd that Rabiot wants to come.

4) The manager has not informed Juve that we want to buy Rabiot.

5) The manager has not informed himself of 3 and 4 above.

Solid reasons if I might add.
What an incompetent manager he should be sacked. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:17am On Aug 16, 2022
Gambit001:

What an incompetent manager he should be sacked. cheesy

Exactly.

Preferably before December so a better manager can salvage the season. cry

grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:18am On Aug 16, 2022
Criticize the board all you want but should we cave into the demands of Rabiot's mom?

They sign players, you complain of high wages and when they try to negotiate so we get a good deal for a player who is not really at the top of his game, you still complain...

I accept those in charge are slow and generally inept but in the case of Rabiot, we should not go above board to get him...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:22am On Aug 16, 2022
patrickmuf:
Criticize the board all you want but should we cave into the demands of Rabiot's mom?

They sign players, you complain of high wages and when they try to negotiate so we get a good deal for a player who is not really at the top of his game, you still complain...

I accept those in charge are slow and generally inept but in the case of Rabiot, we should not go above board to get him...

No o. They are not slow o!
Don’t accept what is wrong abeg.

Please swallow it. Dapada. They are not slow. It is the manager’s fault. You have convinced me. cry

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 9:24am On Aug 16, 2022
lekkie073:
even Ole (your Amaka) was a magician to have finished second with the crop of players at his disposal.
Lmao they'll blame Liverpool for that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 16, 2022
Good morning my neighbors

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 9:27am On Aug 16, 2022
A New York-based investment fund are said to be considering putting together an offer to take over Manchester United

cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 9:28am On Aug 16, 2022
Sources close to some #mufc first-team players say there was a huge dressing room argument at Carrington on Thursday #mulive [@samuelluckhurst]

Season never even go far oo cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:30am On Aug 16, 2022
You guys need to be objective about this grin

The United situation right now is not ideal. Other teams and players agents always tries to fleece United in transfers. It's why our wage structure is the way it is. The only player we signed on a reasonable fee was Malacia and the club had to wait for Lyon to agree a fee first before hijacking the deal. If we had had gone in first, them for tell us 35m and above.

Having said that, Ed Woodward and his goons needs to be prosecuted grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 9:30am On Aug 16, 2022
Nezzjnr:
A New York-based investment fund are said to be considering putting together an offer to take over Manchester United

cheesy
From America to America grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 9:35am On Aug 16, 2022
Illimitable:

It’s not his fault. Eriksen got to the ball first and his pass was anticipated and intercepted. That is on him.

I can name many players in the league that would have received that ball and turned the pressing player.

Eriksen was too predictable. Pogba used to receive passes in that zone and batter any player trying to take the ball from him.

OPTA didn’t count that incident as a De Gea error anyway so your opinion isn’t the fact.

Which one is OPTA again

We watched the eyesore of a game with our eyes nau

That stupid GK called DE GEA was at fault for passing the ball to a player who's already being pressed.

Eriksen was pressed from his blindside and got dispossessed.

It's common knowledge in football not to pass the ball to a pressed player nau.

Wetin OPTA con dey do for this simple talk undecided

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 9:39am On Aug 16, 2022
Karleb:

See, that fellow is a case.

He said Juventus is shinning again. WTF does that mean?

Obviously, these people hate Ronaldo.

That clown is about to knock Chris_tobam off his perch of weird takes cheesy

Two dishonest and unreasonable clowns battling it out

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:39am On Aug 16, 2022
The board is useless, but in reality na the Managers dey collect wotowoto. Conte left Inter Milan when dey told him no money to sign players, but here Manager's go hold on until dey are sacked even when it is clear the board is useless grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 16, 2022
Nezzjnr:
Sources close to some #mufc first-team players say there was a huge dressing room argument at Carrington on Thursday #mulive [@samuelluckhurst]

abeg make them no commot Maguire teeth I like that guy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 9:41am On Aug 16, 2022
LostMyZeal:

Which one is OPTA again

We watched the eyesore of a game with our eyes nau

That stupid GK called DE GEA was at fault for passing the ball to a player who's already being pressed.

Eriksen was pressed from his blindside and got dispossessed.

It's common knowledge in football not to pass the ball to a pressed player nau.

Wetin OPTA con dey do for this simple talk undecided

This kind of a tin happened to Fred in a game lykdat. Fred and De Gea were blamed for it. So the blame is on both players. But much of it is on De Gea.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 9:51am On Aug 16, 2022
ChristoBam:

He lost the ball that lead to the goal. And for the rest of that match held up the ball unnecessarily till he gets fouled.

Calm down and read things well.

Who tf you think you foo_ling with these lies, huh?

You & I both know that wasn't what you meant, but you had to twist it of course because honesty na rocket science to you.

You're the Lai Mohammed of this thread walahi. Nothing anyone can tell me cheesy cheesy

You have taken over from Sylvalord a.k.a dumblord

Your will and commitment to outdo a legendary dum_ass like Sylvalord is inspiring tho wink

Talk about looking on the bright side, eh grin

Lmao

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 9:55am On Aug 16, 2022
GoddyOra:

at the bolded, so Sofascore stole 2 shots on target for Ronaldo last game from the market ba?

Me: Ronaldo is was one of the top 3 players last game.
Christobam: It's a lie. Prove it.
Me: Brings proof.
Christobam: goes on crying "I don't care about top 3 players when we lost 4-0" whereas he was arguing against my statement not long ago.

Clowns do write themselves though grin

Hahahahahaha.. . You brought proof he asked for, and he had to grab at straws.

People funny oh cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 16, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, boss nothing like that.

So let's assume the backline of Dalot, Maguire, Martinez and Shaw have a rating of 3.0, 4.0, 2.0, 3.0 rating respectively, you'll say Maguire was the best defender?
Is that putting it mildly or are you sarcastic? grin

I watched that game and nobody stood out at all. From Ronaldo to Ericksen to Maguire down to the keeper, no one person stood out in the midst of that shambolic display at all. This one you're doing relative best na wash. None of them deserves any "good tag" in that game talk more of "best"

I get your point my good man. My only issue is scapegoating Maguire when he was the better performer in that backline. Against Brighton, everyone gave Martinez a let-off for he was the a better performer and slandered Maguire which was acceptable.

Now after the 4-0, United fans rarely slandered the major culprits (Eriksen especially) from that backline and still want to pick Maguire as the scapegoat. Does that seem fair to you? How many United fans mentioned Martinez after the game even when it was obvious that Brentford targeted him and Varane did better after he replaced Martinez?

Maguire might be a poor fit for United but it would make sense to accord him the majority of the blame when he plays bad not when his defensive partners sold the game with individual errors.

Hopefully ETH tries a 3-man backline of Martinez/Bailey, Maguire, and Varane against Liverpool for better protection cos that midfield na the main issue (express way).

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:58am On Aug 16, 2022
Ten Hag need to show some stones if he is to amount to anything. first he should forget about signing any of these jokers we are being linked with.

drop Maguire and Shaw. very important.
the worst player is leading the team out, it is ridiculous. I said we should keep Telles, sell Shaw and make whatever revenue we could from him. we are going to lose him for free and still have an abysmal campaign anyways. he's been a failure for years, I don't care what other options are there.
the proverbial pack of wolves led by a sheep will always lose a battle against a herd of sheep led by a wolf. these are significant pointers to the complacency and low morale in this team but we take them for granted.

another thing Ten Hag should do to salvage his reputation now is to drop whoever is underperforming. show that there's some consequence for laxity.
drop de Gea, Shaw for Malacia, maybe partner Bailly and Varane or Martinez - I mean we are playing a really high line or suppose to, play a pivot of KIDS [very important] - Hannibal and Iqbal certainly, drop one of the wing forwards for Garnacho.
if this team show some bite and fight against Liverpool, by all means let them be the bedrock till January.

we play Liverpool, Leicester away and Arsenal next. of Ten Hag isn't ready to take the hard stance, we'd have 0 point after 5 games and he'd be sacked.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 10:01am On Aug 16, 2022
GoddyOra:

At the bolded, just stop lying man to prove stupid points.

Isn't this your own statement not long ago:

Man you can't be saved at this point. Them go hold you for head and tail but you go wan corner your way out.

Quit the Ronny hate man for your own good because he will always be United best player as long as he is here grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:07am On Aug 16, 2022
GoddyOra:

I get your point my good man. My only issue is scapegoating Maguire when he was the better performer in that backline. Against Brighton, everyone gave Martinez a let-off for he was the a better performer and slandered Maguire which was acceptable.

Now after the 4-0, United fans rarely slandered the major culprits (Eriksen especially) from that backline and still want to pick Maguire as the scapegoat. Does that seem fair to you? How many United fans mentioned Martinez after the game even when it was obvious that Brentford targeted him and Varane did better after he replaced Martinez?

Maguire might be a poor fit for United but it would make sense to accord him the majority of the blame when he plays bad not when his defensive partners sold the game with individual errors.

Hopefully ETH tries a 3-man backline of Martinez/Bailey, Maguire, and Varane against Liverpool for better protection cos that midfield na the main issue (express way).
Oh, I understand you now and I get your point. Even though Brentford's match is the least Match to defend Maguire sha but I now fully understand where you're driving at.

And Tbh, I agree with you. 3 ATB is the way to go at least for the short term fix. This can actually help United's Midfield while solidifying their defence, but will Ten Haag be that flexible

Make we dey see sha

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 10:49am On Aug 16, 2022
Nezzjnr:

that dressing room will continue to be that way, as long as ororo remains there. This is why I want him to leave.. I wouldn't mind, if he was performing on the pitch week in week out..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:53am On Aug 16, 2022
afrodoc2:

No o. They are not slow o!
Don’t accept what is wrong abeg.

Please swallow it. Dapada. They are not slow. It is the manager’s fault. You have convinced me. cry
Baba EtH has his fault as do the board. At the time, everything was dumped on the board even when it was obvious EtH too had his own faults.

The thing is that you think everyone who highlights EtH role in this seeming transfer debacle is holding brief for the board but it's not true...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:55am On Aug 16, 2022
Ellexy:
You guys need to be objective about this grin

The United situation right now is not ideal. Other teams and players agents always tries to fleece United in transfers. It's why our wage structure is the way it is. The only player we signed on a reasonable fee was Malacia and the club had to wait for Lyon to agree a fee first before hijacking the deal. If we had had gone in first, them for tell us 35m and above.

Having said that, Ed Woodward and his goons needs to be prosecuted grin
Well said.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:22am On Aug 16, 2022
patrickmuf:
Baba EtH has his fault as do the board. At the time, everything was dumped on the board even when it was obvious EtH too had his own faults.

The thing is that you think everyone who highlights EtH role in this seeming transfer debacle is holding brief for the board but it's not true...

Before EtH came, the board was slow with transfers. After he came, the board is still slow wirh transfers.

Is it the new comer that made a department that is already slow, inefficient and incompetent, slow, inefficient and incompetent?

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:28am On Aug 16, 2022
ovoP:
that dressing room will continue to be that way, as long as ororo remains there. This is why I want him to leave.. I wouldn't mind, if he was performing on the pitch week in week out..

Does this make sense to you? The team lost two easy and only games of the season yet, and you are pinning a crazy dressing room on Ronaldo? Something is wrong with you guys. There will always be an argument in the dressing room after the shambolic displays, except you are saying that all our players (bar Ronaldo) are at Utd to fail.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 11:35am On Aug 16, 2022
Trey-vor012, Is that you?? grin grin

Karma tinz? grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 11:42am On Aug 16, 2022
As bad as Bailey can be, he is still better than Trashguire. I hope Ten Hag is not choosing his team based on recommendation, cos Bailey was clearly our best Defender in Pre-season. If he is not injured, he should be starting ahead of Fridge As for Malacia, i can only assume Ten Hag is trying to ease him in slowly....
patrickmuf:
Well said.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 11:55am On Aug 16, 2022
nitrogen:

Does this make sense to you? The team lost two easy and only games of the season yet, and you are pinning a crazy dressing room on Ronaldo? Something is wrong with you guys. There will always be an argument in the dressing room after the shambolic displays, except you are saying that all our players (bar Ronaldo) are at Utd to fail.
the argument was on Thursday.. we lost game previous seasons, before he came, but our dressing room was never this toxic..

I like ronaldo, but he's not worth the stress anymore, we have plenty problems, and a united dressing room, will be 1 less problem..

ETH wants him gone self.. he wants to leave.. Joel glazer doesn't want him to leave. If any club makes an offer, we sell..

The problem is with Ronaldo, the moment the team is losing, it only gets worse, because of is attitude.. when a team loses, acknowledge your mistakes, regroup and go win d next game.. ororo will make others feel not good enough..

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 12:30pm On Aug 16, 2022
Expert17:

cheesy I don tire self, I dey wait for best fan and coach.

They were so bad that ETH asked them to report for training on their off day.

Thank God that game was away, they for train after the game self.....

Lol... Even Ten Haag go shock for wetin him dey see. grin

It's either he overestimated the players or underestimated the league or both. Now him eye don clear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12156) (12157) (12158) (12159) (12160) (12161) (12162) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: TrebleChamp(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.