Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8731965 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1224) (1225) (1226) (1227) (1228) (1229) (1230) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:33pm On Nov 23, 2014
^^
Fellaini played a part in both goals. He has been good.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:39pm On Nov 23, 2014
afrodoc:
In summary Carrick is past it and Fellaini is at best a situational/squad player for any team with title ambitions.

he was our best player yesterday - i don't get the fellaini criticism. the through ball to find di maria in space for the second goal could only have been executed by fellaini - none of the british players in our squad would have treaded the ball inside, they would have opted for the safe pass towards the touchline.

his nuisance value also got us the first goal. wilshere should have been sent off too as a result of fellaini putting himself about. he covered 12km throughout the game - the highest of any player. i have always respected the dude. when most of our players were found wanting, marouane gave a warrior's performance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
With the exception of ddg, I won't be in too much of a hurry to praise anyone on that team, lvg included. The performance was just simply horrible... Anyways, we got the points and can only work on making things better!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
In as much as I don't enjoy doing this, but I have to say nobody here should be surprised by whatever di maria plays.

I spent days arguing about his nani-like tendencies (consistency ish) when large sums in the range of 70-80 million pounds were being quoted for him by the media.

Whenever u see him blowing hot and cold, do not be surprised.
No be today e start.

The quality he possesses is not in question.
But the issue is and has always been how frequently are we Going to enjoy these qualities.

One can only hope that that part of his game is reduced to the barest minimum somehow, anyhow as he enters the peak years of his career.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
RuuDie:
With the exception of ddg, I won't be in too much of a hurry to praise anyone on that team, lvg included. The performance was just simply horrible... Anyways, we got the points and can only work on making things better!

which DDG?
the one you branded shaky-shaky keeper few moons ago? grin

credits should go to smalling, blackett & paddy. they weren't perfect but they fought like men in that defence.

fellaini was outstanding - i couldn't count the number of times the ball stuck his chest like magnet to take the pressure off our midfield.

young also did very well when he came on. it's been a while since he kicked any ball and he played like he was never injured.

we got 3 points from the emirates - a feat moyes never achieved throughout his career in england. we are now 4th on the table in spite of the injuries - our players & LVG deserve credits. moyes would have removed all our strikers yesterday after we scored the first goal to play a defensive game. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
coogar:

he was our best player yesterday - i don't get the fellaini criticism. the through ball to find di maria in space for the second goal could only have been executed by fellaini - none of the british players in our squad would have treaded the ball inside, they would have opted for the safe pass towards the touchline.

his nuisance value also got us the first goal. wilshere should have been sent off too as a result of fellaini putting himself about. he covered 12km throughout the game - the highest of any player. i have always respected the dude. when most of our players were found wanting, marouane gave a warrior's performance.
very true, but I was actually slaying Carrick. the loss of Blind was clear as daylight, even when LvG was playing 3-5-2 @ the beginning, the performance has never been that poor.

Herrera need to get in there ahead of Carrick, he's better @ providing channels for his teammates to pass out of trouble & he can travel with ball @ feet far better than Carrick. what he may lack in strength, he makes up with intelligent distributions, confrontational tackling & smart positional play.

the reason a Carrick or Fletcher will get on the pitch before him is a marvel
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2014
SailorXY:

very true, but I was actually slaying Carrick. the loss of Blind was clear as daylight, even when LvG was playing 3-5-2 @ the beginning, the performance has never been that poor.

carrick is still feeling himself into the team. even in the seasons where he was very fit, carrick didn't get going until december. he's a slow starter but he usually improves as the season wears on.

Herrera need to get in there ahead of Carrick, he's better @ providing channels for his teammates to pass out of trouble & he can travel with ball @ feet far better than Carrick. what he may lack in strength, he makes up with intelligent distributions, confrontational tackling & smart positional play.

when arsënal threw caution to the wind like zombies, i was expecting herrera for van persie. a composed midfielder who can see a pass and execute it. we were good on the counter though, that wrong call when rooney was onside was painful - van persie would have scored from that chance.

the di maria one was ridiculous - how he managed to squander that needs to be investigated. the rooney goal was a joy to watch. wenger will never learn - having 9 outfield players in our half of the field with 15 mins to go is a tactical hara-kiri.

it baffles me too.....herrera is actually a very brilliant player. maybe LVG wants him well rested before he throws him into the deep end. the kinda performances fellaini is putting in lately is another factor. it would be difficult to drop marouane.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 2:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
I. Just hope we improve from here. 4th on the table is not bad at this stage.

If I was Lvg, Di Maria will kneel down hands up close his eyes in the emirates car park for like 3hrs for missing that chance. It was a disgrace for a player of his supposed calibre.

When are we gonna unleash Falcao, I feel he should be eased in by subbing him and VP in the striking role cause I think VP needs to warm bench small. Either falcao starts and vp comes in later or vis versa.

There were good individual plays, but as a team we still need improvement. I know we will get there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
SailorXY:

Carrick picked up a knock while training for england during the international break so go easy on the guy is still one of the finest Passers we've
Any news about shaw ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
Liverpool own wahala sef. SMH grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
StarBoard:

Not so sure this is correct about Fellaini.

Fellaini was above average against City when we played a man light
He alsodid well yesterday as well and played a part in our opener.

Herrera's last game for United was actually an indictment on his £30million sign on fee till he was hauled off and replaced by, you guessed it, Fellaini.

Herrera hasn't particularly struck me as the solution we have been waiting for but heck, I'd rather have him in place of Afro man. Maybe our expectations from a CMF vary but IMO, fellaini is not, and will never be an effective CMF.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2014
Liverpool smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 4:28pm On Nov 23, 2014
chrisley024:
Liverpool own wahala sef. SMH grin
Did u see Jedinak's Free kick?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:31pm On Nov 23, 2014
Odunharry:

rooney should learn from him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2014
coogar:

rooney should learn from him.
I said it before only City is the major threat of all our fixtures b4 january...
We will defeat Liverpool surely

hull,stoke,soton,livapool,villa,newcastl,spurs,

i dnt expect Utd to lose any
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2014
Odunharry:

I said it before only City is the major threat of all our fixtures b4 january...
We will defeat Liverpool surely

hull,stoke,soton,livapool,villa,newcastl,spurs,

i dnt expect Utd to lose any

if we don't get the crocked players back, we would struggle in many of those games. we need fit defenders - a permanent defence unit. that's the reason our gameplay is disjointed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2014
Odunharry:

Didn't watch the game. Just saw the score-line
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
coogar:

if we don't get the crocked players back, we would struggle in many of those games. we need fit defenders - a permanent defence unit. that's the reason our gameplay is disjointed.
Hope so too...bt i miss Blind
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:10pm On Nov 23, 2014
chrisley024:
Didn't watch the game. Just saw the score-line
u nid to watch the highlight
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:30pm On Nov 23, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Carrick picked up a knock while training for england during the international break so go easy on the guy is still one of the finest Passers we've
Any news about shaw ?

you can say this because we won somehow. assume arsenal had a Ronaldo or a Suarez in attack, we would have been smashed 5-0 before half time undecided

no news on Shaw
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
SailorXY:

you can say this because we won somehow. assume arsenal had a Ronaldo or a Suarez in attack, we would have been smashed 5-0 before half time undecided

no news on Shaw

am always confident against arsenal it isn't an insult to than club cause they always play better than us but can't just seem to win. another club after Giroud's goal i would have been seriously worried
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 23, 2014
Dadehmola:

Herrera hasn't particularly struck me as the solution we have been waiting for but heck, I'd rather have him in place of Afro man. Maybe our expectations from a CMF vary but IMO, fellaini is not, and will never be an effective CMF.
Fellaini is not a cm. No point arguing on that.
He is better behind the main striker.

Im just saying that van gaal appears to have changed his formation to accomodate Fellaini at Herrera's expense. Fellaini has siezed the opportunity he has recieved and kept Herrera out of the squad at least for the moment or so it would seem. Somehow Fellaini has at worst been average since he got into the side desoite being made to adapt.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:45pm On Nov 23, 2014
When we go play Liverpool we need to enjoy this 3point bonanza
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:33pm On Nov 23, 2014
Just saw Falcao's tweet that he's 100% fit and back to training.

Don't know how true though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Antell95(m): 8:37pm On Nov 23, 2014
chrisley024:
Just saw Falcao's tweet that he's 100% fit and back to training.

Don't know how true though.
you saw an official tweet but still not sure if it's true? Nawa o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:48pm On Nov 23, 2014
Antell95:
you saw an official tweet but still not sure if it's true? Nawa o
Yeah, he doesn't declare himself fit. We heard 2 weeks so how come.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
SIRcumalot:
When we go play Liverpool we need to enjoy this 3point bonanza

december 14 oldtrafford

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:56pm On Nov 23, 2014
Manchester United striker Radamel
Falcao has assured the Red Devils’ fan base that he has returned to full fitness and is available to feature in the side’s upcoming Premier League fixtures.

Back to training 100% and ready to
help the team in the next games.
5.47pm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Antell95(m): 10:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
chrisley024:
Yeah, he doesn't declare himself fit. We heard 2 weeks so how come.
confirm from his official twitter account or man utd's own n stop asking irrelevant questions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by suplex: 10:10pm On Nov 23, 2014
PietroRico:
In as much as I don't enjoy doing this, but I have to say nobody here should be surprised by whatever di maria plays.

I spent days arguing about his nani-like tendencies (consistency ish) when large sums in the range of 70-80 million pounds were being quoted for him by the media.

Whenever u see him blowing hot and cold, do not be surprised.
No be today e start.

The quality he possesses is not in question.
But the issue is and has always been how frequently are we Going to enjoy these qualities.

One can only hope that that part of his game is reduced to the barest minimum somehow, anyhow as he enters the peak years of his career.

The Noodle is good. He was in top gear and high level of consistency for Madrid before Man United plucked him. Who does this? Which United fan speaks as you just did?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by suplex: 10:14pm On Nov 23, 2014
Falcao is good news. He seems so excited. Big team selection headache for the boss. Mata and Herrera are already frozen out. Januzaj and Young are also substitutes. It's a bogus squad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1224) (1225) (1226) (1227) (1228) (1229) (1230) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.