Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,119 members, 7,849,497 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:41 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8833795 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12269) (12270) (12271) (12272) (12273) (12274) (12275) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 9:51am On Sep 01, 2022
Karleb:

That's true sha because Haaland will not press. grin

Our people can start saying aside goals, Haaland contributes nothing.

Exactly!!. And with time, there'll be two groups.

Pro-haaland and anti-haaland cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:52am On Sep 01, 2022

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LordAdam16: 9:53am On Sep 01, 2022
odizeey:

Even people calling him snake then have turned their backs on him.

He would have easily won the highest goal scorer last season.

Life na wisdom.

At the time, I did not think it was a terrible decision. Not great, but certainly not as awful it appears in hindsight. Yes, he'll score a ton of goals and win the PL. But the CL is Pep's Achilles and what happened last year against RM could very well still have happened with CR7 there. Then the narrative would be that he adds nothing, because everyone knows any decent striker would be on God-tier under Pep.

Coming to MU had a better payoff within the context of no trophies in 3 years. More importantly, it meant not falling out with the largest fanbase in the most lucrative football league on the planet when he's so close to retirement and has numerous business interests. Especially when he didn't leave Italy on the best of terms.

It's been astonishing how the fanbase turned on him. I know football fans are fair-weather folks, but it is a lesson in self-preservation. In hindsight, he should have gone to Man City for last season and this (although Pep's history with legend forwards like Eto, Ibrahimovic, and even Aguero leave much to be desired). Make new records and hopefully win the CL. Then offer himself to MU afterwards on reduced wages. Let the club and the fanbase refuse him, then move on.

Elite players like Ronaldo should never knowingly move to clubs that are struggling. Because the fans will expect the player to struggle with them when he knows he can thrive better in a properly set-up team. Worse, while the club will always be around, a player's retirement is right around the corner.

I've learned personal lessons from his forays and missteps. For instance, I never advice anyone against Japaing. No form strong head say u 1 dey "patriotic" and help Nigeria grow, if better opportunities await you. A nation of some form will always exist on this land, but your life get expiry date.

Man U fans were clapping when Antony refused to train and be included in match squads because he wants to move on to a better league. But how dare Ronaldo refuse McFred+EL.

-Lord

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 9:54am On Sep 01, 2022
TrebleChamp:
You will hear them say Haaland doesn't link up play well like Martial, has a poor first touch like Lukaku, doesn't assist the midfielders and many plenty more excuse to rubbish him grin..
grin grin grin

E no dey hard. Wetin shock me na when a whole Ronaldo sef fit receive criticism. Dem say na Ronaldo no dey make others score grin

I wonder who Halaand go come make score

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:56am On Sep 01, 2022
TrebleChamp:
You will hear them say Haaland doesn't link up play well like Martial, has a poor first touch like Lukaku, doesn't assist the midfielders and many plenty more excuse to rubbish him grin..
That's the problem. Everybody wants to follow one template.

Wetyn be striker work again?

Them go dey say modern football. You modern pass Pep wey buy Halaand? Same thing they do with DDG. Modern my assss

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 9:57am On Sep 01, 2022
LordAdam16:

Life na wisdom.

At the time, I did not think it was a terrible decision. Not great, but certainly not as awful it appears in hindsight. Yes, he'll score a ton of goals and win the PL. But the CL is Pep's Achilles and what happened last year against RM could very well still have happened with CR7 there. Then the narrative would be that he adds nothing, because everyone knows any decent striker would be on God-tier under Pep.

Coming to MU had a better payoff within the context of no trophies in 3 years. More importantly, it meant not falling out with the largest fanbase in the most lucrative football league on the planet when he's so close to retirement and has numerous business interests. Especially when he didn't leave Italy on the best of terms.

It's been astonishing how the fanbase turned on him. I know football fans are fair-weather folks, but it is a lesson in self-preservation. In hindsight, he should have gone to Man City for last season and this (although Pep's history with legend forwards like Eto, Ibrahimovic, and even Aguero leave much to be desired). Make new records and hopefully win the CL. Then offer himself to MU afterwards on reduced wages. Let the club and the fanbase refuse him, then move on.

Elite players like Ronaldo should never knowingly move to clubs that are struggling. Because the fans will expect the player to struggle with them when he knows he can thrive better in a properly set-up team. Worse, while the club will always be around, a player's retirement is right around the corner.

I've learned personal lessons from his forays and missteps. For instance, I never advice anyone against Japaing. No form strong head say u 1 dey "patriotic" and help Nigeria grow, if better opportunities await you. A nation of some form will always exist on this land, but your life get expiry date.

Man U fans were clapping when Antony refused to train and be included in match squads because he wants to move on to a better league. But how dare Ronaldo refuse McFred+EL.

-Lord
Touchè grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:58am On Sep 01, 2022
grin grin grin

Una want end career of anti-ororo this Morning ba?!

Dem dey shout we miss out on Halaand, like we won't be wailing money wasted later after few matches.

CR7 was our highest Goalscorer last Season, and obviously Bruno Fans ain't happy with it... LOL!

Put CR7 in Man City setup and I guarantee he's gonna be banging hattricks week in week out. I am happy we are gradually phasing out an awful eras of McFred, I hope Bruno gonna be benched soon as well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DanieleLorenzo: 9:59am On Sep 01, 2022
If Ronaldo go city, e for don fall out with Guardiola by now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:00am On Sep 01, 2022
Jodera:
grin grin grin

E no dey hard. Wetin shock me na when a whole Ronaldo sef fit receive criticism. Dem say na Ronaldo no dey make others score grin

I wonder who Halaand go come make score

grin

Dem say CR7 is the reason Bruno goals dried up. Same Bruno that is never a great AM. How I wish we can do a deal with you guys - swap Bruno with Odegaard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:01am On Sep 01, 2022
TrebleChamp:
You will hear them say Haaland doesn't link up play well like Martial, has a poor first touch like Lukaku, doesn't assist the midfielders, and many more excuses to rubbish him grin.

I remember our fans called him white Lukaku and carried by Sancho when he was at Dortmund.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:03am On Sep 01, 2022
afrodoc2:

I am not so sure we have more talent.
We probably have more experience but in terms of talent it might be more even than you think.

Could you elaborate on this?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 10:05am On Sep 01, 2022
DanieleLorenzo:
If Ronaldo go city, e for don fall out with Guardiola by now.

No. Contrary to popular opinion, Ronaldo does not have issues with managers.

He has been coached by a lot of managers both at Club and country levels and I have not seen a manager who managed Ronaldo even as an interim say something bad about him.

He's not proud, he just have high standards.

When he was with Zidane, Zidane would bench before UCL games and he no dey worry.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:05am On Sep 01, 2022
Any chance Antony will feature today?

It's match day and deadline day, make una leave Haaland and Ronaldo matter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DanieleLorenzo: 10:06am On Sep 01, 2022
patrickmuf:

I doubt he's been registered.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 10:06am On Sep 01, 2022
Jodera:
Abi wan ask against who, then I come remember say una get match today.

Carry on Sir grin
For your mind we no fit beat una baa, Sunday is not far again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:06am On Sep 01, 2022
LordAdam16:

Life na wisdom.

-Lord

You've spoken well.

I was happy Ronaldo came o.

One, it looked like last season would be the season for Ole. But all of a sudden things changed.

But deep down within me, as a Ronaldo fan, I knew that City would have been better.

He should just relax and play with us for some time. I believe Ten Hag is going to achieve things.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 10:07am On Sep 01, 2022
odizeey:

That's life you o. That's life.

You have to be selfish with your inner peace ambition.

Let the transfer period end first. If Ronaldo is still here, he's starting every match comfortably.
Lol

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:08am On Sep 01, 2022
DanieleLorenzo:

I doubt he's been registered.
I have been looking for any news on his registration.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DanieleLorenzo: 10:09am On Sep 01, 2022
patrickmuf:
I have been looking for any news on his registration.
Lol, I always check Wikipedia though. grin

Since the 2018 transfer of Coutinho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:09am On Sep 01, 2022
Oasis007:

grin

Dem say CR7 is the reason Bruno goals dried up. Same Bruno that is never a great AM. How I wish we can do a deal with you guys - swap Bruno with Odegaard.

Baba calm down.

Bruno is great. Same thing wey we dey talk about Ronaldo so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:12am On Sep 01, 2022
The team should leave goals for Ronaldo. I can't find any clinical attacker in this team. Everyone should focus on his department.
Just score goals. No press anything.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 10:13am On Sep 01, 2022
Expert17:

No, the person shares the same first name with Ronaldo

Omo ×3 smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:15am On Sep 01, 2022
odizeey:

Baba calm down.

grin

He's never great, never. He was good but not great. He was good because he's slightly an upgrade on McFred and rest riff-raff we were parading as AMs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:16am On Sep 01, 2022
patrickmuf:

Nope! He had a delay with work permit. He may debut against Arsenal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LordAdam16: 10:16am On Sep 01, 2022
patrickmuf:

ETH has set precedence that he'll ease in players.

Don't expect Antony to feature until the weekend. It'll likely be a late cameo too.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by zeusis(m): 10:17am On Sep 01, 2022
odizeey:

Baba calm down.

bruno the con artist?? great for where na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:17am On Sep 01, 2022
Oasis007:

grin

He's never great, never. He was good but not great. He was good because he's slightly an upgrade on McFred and rest riff-raff we were parading as AMs.

We shall see
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 10:18am On Sep 01, 2022
For some reasons, I think Bruno has been playing rubbish deliberately.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:20am On Sep 01, 2022
cool

Time to cook!

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by zeusis(m): 10:20am On Sep 01, 2022
odizeey:

Baba calm down.

trevor012 good morning
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 10:22am On Sep 01, 2022
Oasis007:

Nope! He had a delay with work permit. He may debut against Arsenal.

We were able to sign Bruno on a Wednesday or Thursday and he played that weekend

Why others con dey delay like this
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:22am On Sep 01, 2022
odizeey:

We shall see

Except he up his game, what we shall see is him getting his Ass benched like Maguire and fuckin Shawberto.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12269) (12270) (12271) (12272) (12273) (12274) (12275) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Bjteensdes24 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.