Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8768957 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12272) (12273) (12274) (12275) (12276) (12277) (12278) ... (14170) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 12:50pm On Sep 01, 2022
TeslaFC:

Remember his last goal against Crystal Palace? Man pushed both defenders away and scored grin

United vs City will probably be the most interesting match-up of the season. Can’t wait.
Hmmm.. I won't say it's an interesting match up just yet. Make I see how you guys will play other teams and how you guys attack will fare before I'll know whether it'll be a very interesting match up of the season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:54pm On Sep 01, 2022
Jodera:
Hmmm.. I won't say it's an interesting match up just yet. Make I see how you guys will play other teams and how you guys attack will fare before I'll know whether it'll be a very interesting match up of the season
We will sit back and hit them on the counter like we did Liverpool...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2022
patrickmuf:
We will sit back and hit them on the counter like we did Liverpool...
Exactly, this is what I expected but Tesla said it'll be an interesting match up. It's the reason I'm wondering how it'll be a match up with Man city when Man u haven't started dominating small/mid teams consistently

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:05pm On Sep 01, 2022
patrickmuf:
I think we have the more talented individuals in our ranks but Arsenal are playing better as a team as one would expect since they've been together for 2-3 years now...

I expect us to get even better as the season progresses...

Definitely we will get better however i honestly think Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Jesus are as good as our young senior players. I hope i am wrong and our players start showing their superiority soon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2022
Jodera:
But this is entirely different from what doc is saying na. Expectations is different from talent level which was the crux of the discussion from onset.

Let's take out Ororo in that attack(cos him be boss obviously).

Lemme see your combined front four between these two teams in terms of talent

Original discussion was about who would come out on top this Sunday.

That’s where hardworking and talent came into play. And as you know, those two are influenced by the amount of pressure on your players.

Forget about CR7. I don’t want him to start on Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2022
patrickmuf:
I think we have the more talented individuals in our ranks but Arsenal are playing better as a team as one would expect since they've been together for 2-3 years now...

I expect us to get even better as the season progresses...

Agree with the first part.

Arteta has been building this team for 2 years. The team spirit is nourishing whatever talents they have in their ranks.

I still remember memes about Saka, and recall how ESR has been underwhelming. We’re just starting to see the best of Oodegard and all those players.

The talent at United doesn’t have that team spirit that will nurture it. Yet.

All still subjective tho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2022
Jodera:

The Southampton game is a litmus test of how we’ll play teams that are strong, parks the bus and hits on the counter.

That was how Brighton dealt with us if you recall.

It’s still early to form strong opinions but the foundation for dealing with such teams are there already.

If you recall, those are the teams that used to deal severally with Arsenal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:14pm On Sep 01, 2022
Jodera:
Exactly, this is what I expected but Tesla said it'll be an interesting match up. It's the reason I'm wondering how it'll be a match up with Man city when Man u haven't started dominating small/mid teams consistently

Our best chances of success against Man City is to sit back and counter.

They’re more vulnerable that way and we’re even more vulnerable to their own counters.

The Arsenal game is dicey.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2022
Jodera:
Lol .. obviously na grin grin

But e no mean say Bruno no dey talented
'E no mean say Bruno no dey talented'

See as some United fans dey allow some of these opposition fans to say shit about our best players.

Odegaard from where to where? Players dey ball for league, UCL, for their country. Go dey compare these players with one fraud because of small league form lmao.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 2:00pm On Sep 01, 2022
melodyogonna:

There is no bouncing back here unless he changes his playing style. Under Ole we were mainly counter-attacking, whenever he had the ball you had players already running. He fit perfectly into that system, even Ole told him not to change a thing in how he played. With ETH everyone knows the playing style has changed, this coach values possession and team play, now whenever anyone has the ball you have players coming closer to help build up rather than when we just played from post to post.
Bruno needs to keep his header closer to earth and start looking at helping buildup rather than looking to pad stats. If he doesn't improve soon he'll be benched.
There's no bouncing back unless... Just say there is no bouncing back. Don't create soft landing for yourself when he eventually gets back in form.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 2:01pm On Sep 01, 2022
TeslaFC:

This is actually the bewildering aspect of it. Loyalty in the mud.

Sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2022
ChristoBam:

See as some United fans dey allow some of these opposition fans to say shit about our best players.

Odegaard from where to where? Players dey ball for league, UCL, for their country. Go dey compare these players with one fraud because of small league form lmao.

Bruno don suffer cheesy

Last season it was Grealish, this season VDB and Odegaard.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:10pm On Sep 01, 2022
Expert17:

Bruno don suffer cheesy

Last season it was Grealish, this season VDB and Odegaard.

cheesy

If na your turn to drag DDG nau, we no go hear words again o.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:11pm On Sep 01, 2022
Antony: "My mum was calling me every day, my dad was messaging me, my sister as well – 'What's happening?' 'Has it worked out?' 'Anything wrong?' They seemed more anxious than I was! When I told them the news they cried a lot."

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2022
ChristoBam:

You dey mind people
Comedians.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2022
Leyqute:

Original discussion was about who would come out on top this Sunday.

That’s where hardworking and talent came into play. And as you know, those two are influenced by the amount of pressure on your players.

Forget about CR7. I don’t want him to start on Sunday.
This was the initial premise in what you said in which doc responded to

Leyqute:

It’s anyone’s game. Although we’ve got more talent than they do.

And doc response was this
afrodoc2:

I am not so sure we have more talent.
We probably have more experience but in terms of talent it might be more even than you think.

So I'm not talking about hardwork or team play here or experience but just purely talent. And when I mean talent, I'm talking about those attributes that one player have over another. Example like Dribbling, finishing, decision making, techniques, passes etc.

Example, you guys most talented attacker (to me) is Greenwood even over Rashford and martial. I've said it here before numerous times here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 2:17pm On Sep 01, 2022
Leyqute:

The Southampton game is a litmus test of how we’ll play teams that are strong, parks the bus and hits on the counter.

That was how Brighton dealt with us if you recall.

It’s still early to form strong opinions but the foundation for dealing with such teams are there already.

If you recall, those are the teams that used to deal severally with Arsenal.
Yeah, I recall. I think that's the best way to at least get points of big team for the short term at least while Ten Haag builds his team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 2:19pm On Sep 01, 2022
Leyqute:

Our best chances of success against Man City is to sit back and counter.

They’re more vulnerable that way and we’re even more vulnerable to their own counters.

The Arsenal game is dicey.
I'm really expecting this weekend's game with you guys sha.

Hopefully, Odegaard and Zinchenko are fit enough to start. This is the weekend's game I feel be interesting
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 2:28pm On Sep 01, 2022
ChristoBam:

Lol, I think you're misunderstanding me sha.

Trevor specifically ask "to you between Odegaard and Bruno who is more talented" and I said Odegaard. That's my opinion as you can see the bolded affirms it so, plus I even went ahead to say, "that doesn't mean Bruno isn't talented". Tbh, I no know wetin pain you for that comment wey you come dey attack my player like that. I mean, I clearly said Bruno is talented (though in pidgin)

Moreover, if you have any issues concerning this matter, meet your fellow comrade Oasis, afterall naim say him go like swap Bruno with Odegaard grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 2:51pm On Sep 01, 2022
Phil Jones survives yet another Transfer Window
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 2:53pm On Sep 01, 2022
How do you rate our summer window out of 10?

Incomings

Malacia
Martinez
Eriksen
Casemiro
Antony
Dubravka (?)

On paper I feel it's a 7 or 8 out of 10. Still feel we could have got another midfielder, a proper controller and we also needed a striker. 38 yr old CR7 and Martial is not good enough for me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 3:01pm On Sep 01, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, I think you're misunderstanding me sha.

Trevor specifically ask "to you between Odegaard and Bruno who is more talented" and I said Odegaard. That's my opinion as you can see the bolded affirms it so, plus I even went ahead to say, "that doesn't mean Bruno isn't talented". Tbh, I no know wetin pain you for that comment wey you come dey attack my player like that. I mean, I clearly said Bruno is talented (though in pidgin)

Moreover, if you have any issues concerning this matter, meet your fellow comrade Oasis, afterall naim say him go like swap Bruno with Odegaard grin
Going by what I said, you'll see you're not the one I have issues with. It's a United fan that asked you that silly question. Btwn, so Oasis said that?

At one point it was Grealish, at another point it was Mount, I guess it's odegaard now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hatakekakashi: 3:03pm On Sep 01, 2022
MRTA7:

Incomings

Malacia
Martinez
Eriksen
Casemiro
Antony
Dubravka (?)

On paper I feel it's a 7 or 8 out of 10. Still feel we could have got another midfielder, a proper controller and we also needed a striker. 38 yr old CR7 and Martial is not good enough for me.
So Man UTD has ended their business already
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 3:07pm On Sep 01, 2022
MRTA7:

Incomings

Malacia
Martinez
Eriksen
Casemiro
Antony
Dubravka (?)

If this was any other manager, I'll give an 8/10.
But because it's Ten Hag, I'll give 6/10.
We didn't get the CM we need to play his style of football. I'll wait to see what plans he has with that before I start ranting. It looks like we're overestimating what Erikson will be able to do in this team. Casemiro Mctominay/Fred pivot will be a disaster.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 3:09pm On Sep 01, 2022
MRTA7:

Incomings

Malacia
Martinez
Eriksen
Casemiro
Antony
Dubravka (?)

Getting De jong and selling Bruno would have made it 10/10. But for now it's 7/10. We massively overpaid for two signings thanks to Eth strong head.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 3:11pm On Sep 01, 2022
Omooooooh Pogboom would have cooked superbly with Casemiro behind him under Eth.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 3:17pm On Sep 01, 2022
ChristoBam:

Going by what I said, you'll see you're not the one I have issues with. It's a United fan that asked you that silly question. Btwn, so Oasis said that?

At one point it was Grealish, at another point it was Mount, I guess it's odegaard now.

Lol, going by how you quoted me, repeated my quote and talked about how "United fans allow opposition fans to talk shit about your best player" when I'm the opposition fan being quoted — you can't blame me for thinking you're taking a shot at me.

Anyways, since we're all clear now, it's all good
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 3:19pm On Sep 01, 2022
Trevor012:
Omooooooh Pogboom would have cooked superbly with Casemiro behind him under Eth.
Lol, so na Casemiro be the master key wey suppose unlock Pogba be that?? grin grin

Man u don finally buy key only to find out say padlock don lost. Lmaooooo grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
Jodera:
This was the initial premise in what you said in which doc responded to

And doc response was this

So I'm not talking about hardwork or team play here or experience but just purely talent. And when I mean talent, I'm talking about those attributes that one player have over another. Example like Dribbling, finishing, decision making, techniques, passes etc.

Example, you guys most talented attacker (to me) is Greenwood even over Rashford and martial. I've said it here before numerous times here

I stand corrected.

But I still think there’s little difference in terms of talents. And subjectively, I think Utd edges Arsenal out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:34pm On Sep 01, 2022
Jodera:
I'm really expecting this weekend's game with you guys sha.

Hopefully, Odegaard and Zinchenko are fit enough to start. This is the weekend's game I feel be interesting

Intensity should be high. Higher than the Liverpool-Man Utd game.

You guys can probably maintain the intensity for longer periods because you’ve been playing like that for a while.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:38pm On Sep 01, 2022
MRTA7:

Incomings

1. Malacia
2. Martinez
3. Eriksen
4. Casemiro
5. Antony
6. Dubravka (?)

How many new players did Rangnick say we need sef?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2022
MRTA7:

Incomings

Malacia
Martinez
Eriksen
Casemiro
Antony
Dubravka (?)

I'll give it 7/10, it's a solid start to ETH's era, we'll continue building in subsequent windows.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12272) (12273) (12274) (12275) (12276) (12277) (12278) ... (14170) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eghos12(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.