Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8746352 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12379) (12380) (12381) (12382) (12383) (12384) (12385) ... (14156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 11:29pm On Oct 01, 2022
kozmicity:

grin grin this was exactly what was on my mind... You sabi

grin grin grin grin

We win when u least expect
And loose when u dont expect.

We need to change that first..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 6:43am On Oct 02, 2022
BikeMan:
No Messi debates this season? He seem to be the problem with your team last season as you guys couldn’t just stop chatting about him.

Whereas your supposed G.O.A.T has disappeared this season and we are not hearing anything. No be so o.

Talk about Messi, you cry.
Ignore Messi, you still cry.

What's your problem?

13 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by WhoDeyHause: 7:19am On Oct 02, 2022
Karleb:

Talk about Messi, you cry.
Ignore Messi, you still cry.

What's your problem?
You are not ignoring messi. You don't have what to use to drag him yet like last season when you people were dropping clean sheet alert. It's even worse especially since your ronaldo has been bad.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by WhoDeyHause: 7:25am On Oct 02, 2022
BikeMan:
No Messi debates this season? He seem to be the problem with your team last season as you guys couldn’t just stop chatting about him.

Whereas your supposed G.O.A.T has disappeared this season and we are not hearing anything. No be so o.
He has made them shut up. This time last year patrickmuf and expert will have been dragged for not following the dead manyoo family principle.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 7:55am On Oct 02, 2022
WhoDeyHause:

You are not ignoring messi. You don't have what to use to drag him yet like last season when you people were dropping clean sheet alert. It's even worse especially since your ronaldo has been bad.

Like I said, whether we drag or ignore Messi, you'd still cry.

Yes, Ronaldo is bad. Are you happy now? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by WhoDeyHause: 8:03am On Oct 02, 2022
Karleb:

Like I said, whether we drag or ignore Messi, you'd still cry.

Yes, Ronaldo is bad. Are you happy now? undecided
Lmao you are not ignoring messi if you did you will not respond to bikeman post. You don't just have what to use to drag him yet unlike at this time last season.
And why I will not be happy about oldnaldo as a Chelsea fan. He's doing well.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:38am On Oct 02, 2022
BikeMan:

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:40am On Oct 02, 2022
I remember the monikers that argued Maguire is better than Smalling.

How market? Ball playing defender wey no fit play high defensive line footy grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:47am On Oct 02, 2022
Expert17:
I remember the monikers that argued Maguire is better than Smalling.

How market? Ball playing defender wey no fit play high defensive line footy grin

To be fair if we consistently tried to play out from the back with DDG and Smalling we would be conceding 2 goals from that alone per game.

Purely as a defender Smalling is better than Maguire however I wouldn’t want him anywhere near my team either.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:51am On Oct 02, 2022
afrodoc2:

To be fair if we consistently tried to play out from the back with DDG and Smalling we would be conceding 2 goals from that alone per game.

True, but he can't be as worst as Maguire VS DDG combo.

Purely as a defender Smalling is better than Maguire however I wouldn’t want him anywhere near my team either.

That's my point, Smalling is far better than 80M Maguire both in defense and attack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 8:51am On Oct 02, 2022
I'm watching a re-run of the LIV VS MUN legends match and omo shocked those guys dey ball.

At 50+ and they are still EPL material. Abeg the old style of playing is still sweeter than modern total football. I never knew Xabi Alonso played for Liverpool, his passes are better than KDB, Fernandes and Modric.

Gone are the days when talent was prioritized over technicality, so sad. Once a baller... Always a baller
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 8:53am On Oct 02, 2022
Expert17:

That's my point, Smalling is far better than 80M Maguire both in defense and attack.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 8:55am On Oct 02, 2022
Expert17:

grin grin grin it was his infamous "I will mark messi" statement that broke the camel's back. It pays to be humble.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:56am On Oct 02, 2022
kozmicity:
I'm watching a re-run of the LIV VS MUN legends match and omo shocked those guys dey ball.

At 50+ and they are still EPL material. Abeg the old style of playing is still sweeter than modern total football. I never knew Xabi Alonso played for Liverpool, his passes are better than KDB, Fernandes and Modric.

Gone are the days when talent was prioritized over technicality, so sad. Once a baller... Always a baller

For long passes, it's Scholes then Alonso and Gerrard.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:00am On Oct 02, 2022
Expert17:

Maguire is a better passer than Smalling. In a situation where teams know we want to pass out from the back and therefore apply a high press Smalling will give worse results.

Smalling’s passing was atrocious in the days when teams were not even pressing. He was always passing slightly behind his full back, passing to the wrong foot, over and under hitting passes. Under a high press he will be a bigger catastrophe.

This is no pro-Maguire propagandist cos I remember when I said Maguire was shitty passing out from the LCB position and people here were defending him. But both Ralf and ETH made a point of moving him to RCB immediately they got the job.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 9:05am On Oct 02, 2022
Expert17:

For long passes, it's Scholes then Alonso and Gerrard.

Scholes? shocked So someone can be better than this Alonso I'm watching? grin

How about our very own Mikel Obi? I heard that during his time at CFC, he had one of the most accurate long balls if not the most accurate in the EPL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:07am On Oct 02, 2022
Smalling is Zouma with a white mother. His lack of technique alone makes him anathema for a top club in modern football.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:10am On Oct 02, 2022
afrodoc2:

Maguire is a better passer than Smalling. In a situation where teams know we want to pass out from the back and therefore apply a high press Smalling will give worse results.

Smalling’s passing was atrocious in the days when teams were not even pressing. He was always passing slightly behind his full back, passing to the wrong foot, over and under hitting passes. Under a high press he will be a bigger catastrophe.

This is no pro-Maguire propagandist cos I remember when I said Maguire was shitty passing out from the LCB position and people here were defending him. But both Ralf and ETH made a point of moving him to RCB immediately they got the job.
Smalling is a good defender but bad footballer.
Louis van Gaal used the boring possession system to mask the deficiencies in the defence at that time and it was effective to a large extent.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:15am On Oct 02, 2022
I feel the game today will be Antony's big break in terms of performance.

same starting front three against arsenal likely.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:15am On Oct 02, 2022
WhoDeyHause:

Mr Man predict Mancity to win today jare, nothing concern us with small goat again...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:17am On Oct 02, 2022
afrodoc2:

Maguire is a better passer, but can you mention 3 situations where we benefited from his ball passing abilities?

We are having the same issue with Maguire. His own is even worst, always blaming others for his mistakes.

Smalling is bad with passes while Maguire is bad in almost everything.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:18am On Oct 02, 2022
kozmicity:

Like for real? No wonder some people here believe Messi is better than Maradona grin..

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 9:20am On Oct 02, 2022
TrebleChamp:
Like for real? No wonder some people here believe Messi is better than Maradona grin..
grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 9:20am On Oct 02, 2022
WhoDeyHause:

Lmao you are not ignoring messi if you did you will not respond to bikeman post. You don't just have what to use to drag him yet unlike at this time last season.
And why I will not be happy about oldnaldo as a Chelsea fan. He's doing well.

Okay. I am not ignoring Messi.

Are you sad now? undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:22am On Oct 02, 2022
Expert17:

Maguire is a better passer, but can you mention 3 situations where we benefited from his ball passing abilities?

We are having the same issue with Maguire. His own is even worst, always blaming others for his mistakes.

Smalling is bad with passes while Maguire is bad in almost everything.

Maguire is a better passer. That is not in doubt.

Smalling is a better defender. But that is not enough for most top teams now. Players who are solid defenders but awful on the ball belong in mid table.

Offloading Smalling was the right call. Buying Maguire was the wrong call. Simplez.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:35am On Oct 02, 2022
I really don’t like Maguire o. I can’t remember a worse captain at a top club.

I felt nauseous watching him blame the attack for not scoring more goals in a game that ended 2-2 or so with him being culpable for the goals we conceded.

And it is also now clear that many of those leaks came from either him or his people.

Of all the mistakes Ole made making him captain was probably the worst.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:35am On Oct 02, 2022
afrodoc2:

Maguire is a better passer. That is not in doubt.

Smalling is a better defender. But that is not enough for most top teams now. Players who are solid defenders but awful on the ball belong in mid table.

Offloading Smalling was the right call. Buying Maguire was the wrong call. Simplez.

Maguire is the better passer but we haven't seen this since he joined us... The same Maguire that drags the ball to he direction of his teammate before playing a simple pass.

I have seen top defenders who are bad in passing but have you seen any top defender bad in everything. Offloading smalling was the wrong call because we wasted 80M and haven't move to the imaginary ball-playing defenders.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:40am On Oct 02, 2022
Maguire vs Smalling.
Shít vs Garbage.

Both useless players that should not be playing for Man United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:42am On Oct 02, 2022
Expert17:

Maguire is the better passer but we haven't seen this since he joined us... The same Maguire that drags the ball to he direction of his teammate before playing a simple pass.

I have seen top defenders who are bad in passing but have you seen any top defender bad in everything. Offloading smalling was the wrong call because we wasted 80M and haven't move to the imaginary ball-playing defenders.

Varane and Martinez are better than both when it comes to passing and both can play high lines. Martinez is actually a very good ball playing defender.

Smalling is where he belongs. No top club will go for Zouma with a white mother. Offloading him was the right call. Replacing him with another deeply flawed player was the wrong call.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:42am On Oct 02, 2022
Lana1:
Maguire vs Smalling.
Shít vs Garbage.

Both useless players that should not be playing for Man United.

Q.E.D
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:43am On Oct 02, 2022
Smalling and Jones. The Chuckle Brothers. They score own goals pass anything.

Meanwhile Maguire and Lindelof will simply sleep off and open expressway in our defence for strikers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:48am On Oct 02, 2022
afrodoc2:

Varane and Martinez are better than both when it comes to passing and both can play high lines. Martinez is actually a very good ball playing defender.

Smalling is where he belongs. No top club will go for Zouma with a white mother. Offloading him was the right call. Replacing him with another deeply flawed player was the wrong call.

Yeah, Martinez and Varane are massive upgrades.

There is a reason why one has won trophies for us playing a vital role and currently doing so at Roma( another top club in Italy) while the other has been relegated 6 times.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12379) (12380) (12381) (12382) (12383) (12384) (12385) ... (14156) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: adebayo201, MRTA7, Jokerman(m), patrickmuf(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.