Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,853 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8736538 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12444) (12445) (12446) (12447) (12448) (12449) (12450) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 5:58pm On Oct 18, 2022
melodyogonna:

Who should have replaced Fred from our bench?

rashford.. for fred

bruno will drop to midfield with case.

rashford on the left
sancho on the right
ronaldo up top
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bjteensdes24: 6:20pm On Oct 18, 2022
afrodoc2:
In other news Hannibal Mejbri, Alvaro Fernandez, Ethan Laird have been doing well on loan.
Unfortunately, I think Ethan Laird is injured presently
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 6:43pm On Oct 18, 2022
Borntosmoke:

Many of them don't understand attacking with football. They think it is only about assist and goals. Bruno get assist pass modric last seasonoo but dem no born anybody well make he rate Bruno pass modric. Waiting modric dey do for that real Madrid attack pass make person dey do assist and score goals. Watch real Madrid ball modric go hold ball, distribute, nutmegged with ball. Create mad chances wey fit lead to goals. That's what pogba always do just that he is unserious and inconsistent.

Modric is bossing the midfield because he's an AM/SS right?

Even for man city, na KDB dey control the midfield abi??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:29pm On Oct 18, 2022
Bjteensdes24:

Unfortunately, I think Ethan Laird is injured presently

Yes. Injury is going to be what blocks his development. I don't think he has ever had more than a couple of months without injuries right from his Under-18 days. It is a pity.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 8:03pm On Oct 18, 2022
Mrviktor:

rashford.. for fred

bruno will drop to midfield with case.

rashford on the left
sancho on the right
ronaldo up top
Have you ever seen Bruno drop deep? and why should Bruno be effectively made useless in the game while Ronaldo was also as terrible as Fred if not more?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 8:19pm On Oct 18, 2022
Lmfao.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:54pm On Oct 18, 2022
kozmicity:

Modric is bossing the midfield because he's an AM/SS right?

Even for man city, na KDB dey control the midfield abi??

cheesy cheesy off your mic

Nairaland football managers
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2022
zeusis:
Trevor012 some bruno slander going on rn. What are your thoughts??

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2022
Bruno doesn’t move the ball. He collects the ball and makes a champagne pass from there. Just do shakara a bit and attract players to yourself mba.

As soft as odegaard is,he still drives the ball. It allows the wingers to get into the right position. Even he will be able to make more blind runs. Baba go collect ball from midfield, launch am straight. Against city, there was a moment 3 of our players were chasing KDB on the touchline, you just cry when you see things like that. Even mount drives into the box to draw a foul. Just try, draw one or two players to your side before you pass.

I doubt if he can change though.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MorataFC: 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2022
Botfuss:
Bruno doesn’t move the ball. He collects the ball and makes a champagne pass from there. Just do shakara a bit and attract players to yourself mba.

As soft as odegaard is,he still drives the ball. It allows the wingers to get into the right position. Even he will be able to make more blind runs. Baba go collect ball from midfield, launch am straight. Against city, there was a moment 3 of our players were chasing KDB on the touchline, you just cry when you see things like that. Even mount drives into the box to draw a foul. Just try, draw one or two players to your side before you pass.

You got good two eyes, bro.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2022
Jodera:
The thing is counter attack is not sustainable in the long run since most teams you guys will meet will not teams not set up to be counter-attacked. Even Madrid dominate small teams and try to break them down with Modric, Vinicius (most especially) and rodrygo. Man city are kings of breaking teams down as well as Liverpool.

Granted, you can score counter once in a while, but to make it your standard style of play is a big no no
True you have to learn to break teams down, but even when Madrid play small teams, most of their goals still come from a counter attack or set pieces.. I watch alot of Madrid games, they never almost dominate all their games.. the thing is teams often attack them.. even almeria was giving Madrid fits.. courtour has been a blessing for them.. their games are always end to end, with a bit of penalty to Madrid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2022
melodyogonna:

Have you ever seen Bruno drop deep? and why should Bruno be effectively made useless in the game while Ronaldo was also as terrible as Fred if not more?
bruno assist against omonia came from where?.. heck bruno has been dropping too deep lately self.. watch our match against Newcastle well, he seemed to be the only person doing any form of pressing self.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 9:59pm On Oct 18, 2022
Botfuss:

this is a lie.. you are making it look like Bruno kills all our attack.. watch games without hate abeg.. show me his pass accuracy for the last 3 games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:08pm On Oct 18, 2022
Botfuss:

Then you wonder why he's the no 1 name in the team since he joined.

At least we have moved from Ben Arfa and Coutinho to Mount and Odegaard, we are getting there grin

We can sign our ex-player - Perreira, he drives the ball so well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
ovoP:
this is a lie.. you are making it look like Bruno kills all our attack.. watch games without hate abeg.. show me his pass accuracy for the last 3 games.

The useless agenda is shocking, a player that has produced 92 G/A in 139 games.

I blame Bruno, he shouldn't have extended his contract. We deserve fraudsters like Pogba, Martial, and Maguire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 10:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
ovoP:

He does kill our attack sometimes. He just doesn’t know the right tempo required of a 10. Overhits where he is to make a simple pass, goes long when there’s absolutely no hope for the target. Can’t remember last time he did a successful 1-2. But for his work rate and shooting abilities.

You want statistics of pass accuracy for Bruno? Bruno? Think am well o.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
Expert17:

Then you wonder why he's the no 1 name in the team since he joined.

At least we have moved from Ben Arfa and Coutinho to Mount and Odegaard, we are getting there grin

We can sign our ex-player - Perreira, he drives the ball so well.

Work rate, shooting accuracy and passion.

Don’t worry, you will soon see the light.

He should have been a striker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2022
Botfuss:

Work rate, shooting accuracy and passion.

Don’t worry, you will soon see the light.

He should have been a striker.

But his managers can't bench him right?

We can bet, to make it more serious.

How much can you stake? Bruno starts all games when fit/available.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 10:37pm On Oct 18, 2022
ovoP:
bruno assist against omonia came from where?.. heck bruno has been dropping too deep lately self.. watch our match against Newcastle well, he seemed to be the only person doing any form of pressing self.
I mean drop deep in the context the guy meant it... Centre midfielder role.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:41pm On Oct 18, 2022
ChristineC:
breaking down teams is not what the team will master after 15 games. I'm not saying we need to bunker by default, even now we don't bunker by default. the point is dominating teams is not something that will happen at the frequency our fans seem to demand in a few months. there will be moments and there will be inconsistencies. the team may master it or they may not, that's the manager's headache but antecedent say his team's play a certain way when it's all said and done. our play in front of goal have been profligate of late so fans complain we don't break down teams at all.

KDB has 9 assists or so from an xA of 4.5. he may well have an xA of 10 playing for us right now and have an assist of 2.

since the Liverpool game, I can count how many counter attacking goals United have scored on one hand.

the game against Arsenal, some fans were adamant we scored all goals by counter attacks even on this thread until clips started to show there were series of passes for the first goal. the Arsenal goal had three touches from when United lost the ball in our half till Saka scored, which was a counter press move, nobody cared. the same happened for our last two goals, fans celebrated and came online to not like it.
Tbf, I think you guys are going about it the right way as like you said, it's just being profligate and lack of ruthlessness that's costing Man u recently.

Games against omonnia and Newcastle is a good example and if that ruthlessness is there, then the confidence will easily rub off on the team which would yield better gameplay. It might not be perfect tho but goals will surely bring significant change in the way people view the team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:49pm On Oct 18, 2022
nitrogen:

This guy gets it. I don’t have issues with playing counter attacking styles against the big boys. Man Utd is struggling against small teams. If they don’t come out to play, we can’t score. Not sure we would achieve anything if things continue this way.
I think the biggest issue have been you guys attackers if I'm being honest with what I see. Sancho doesn't do enough especially in beating his man and making darting runs. Antony aside the goals he's scored hardly makes penetrating dribbles too(and he's too one trick pony imho). If those two can work on those abilities, Man u might be more deadlier cos I've seen that Bruno you guys Midfield have improved (Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno). Those two wingers not deadly enough is what's making man u lacking that ruthlessness

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 10:49pm On Oct 18, 2022
Botfuss:

He does kill our attack sometimes. He just doesn’t know the right tempo required of a 10. Overhits where he is to make a simple pass, goes long when there’s absolutely no hope for the target. Can’t remember last time he did a successful 1-2. But for his work rate and shooting abilities.

You want statistics of pass accuracy for Bruno? Bruno? Think am well o.
bring it.. man is hitting 87% self against omonia.. playing with Ronaldo is affected is goalscoring output.. ororo is a shadow of himself... we can't even play a through ball to him he's very slow to react or offside.. even fred played a good through ball to him, that he couldn't react quick enough, and his pace is mad slow now..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 10:52pm On Oct 18, 2022
Jodera:
Tbf, I think you guys are going about it the right way as like you said, it's just being profligate and lack of ruthlessness that's costing Man u recently.

Games against omonnia and Newcastle is a good example and if that ruthlessness is there, then the confidence will easily rub off on the team which would yield better gameplay. It might not be perfect tho but goals will surely bring significant change in the way people view the team

we need to score early in our games.. we scored 4 or 5 under ole, when we managed to score early... it will always open up a game.. teams don't sit, back full 90 mins even against city, but 1s dey get the first goal, there's a lot of space..

The problem with our play currently are the wingers.. they need to fast and direct and actually beat their man..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:53pm On Oct 18, 2022
ovoP:
True you have to learn to break teams down, but even when Madrid play small teams, most of their goals still come from a counter attack or set pieces.. I watch alot of Madrid games, they never almost dominate all their games.. the thing is teams often attack them.. even almeria was giving Madrid fits.. courtour has been a blessing for them.. their games are always end to end, with a bit of penalty to Madrid.
Well, you might have a point coupled with the fact that la Liga hardly play deep defensive lines compared to EPL but even at that they have players with good ball control in tight spaces, penetrating runs and dribble that can beat a man as well as ruthlessness in front of goal. These are the things I think Man u lack
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:54pm On Oct 18, 2022
ovoP:
we need to score early in our games.. we scored 4 or 5 under ole, when we managed to score early... it will always open up a game.. teams don't sit, back full 90 mins even against city, but 1s dey get the first goal, there's a lot of space..

The problem with our play currently are the wingers.. they need to fast and direct and actually beat their man..
Gbam!!... This is really the issue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 11:01pm On Oct 18, 2022
Jodera:
Well, you might have a point coupled with the fact that la Liga hardly play deep defensive lines compared to EPL but even at that they have players with good ball control in tight spaces, penetrating runs and dribble that can beat a man as well as ruthlessness in front of goal. These are the things I think Man u lack
truth is if most Madrid players played for us, alot of our fans will call vinicius Dan James.. say he doesn't know how to play in tight spaces like sancho.. dey will say valverde is fred all energy.. mendy cannot attack.. basically malacia.. Carvajal is too slow.. heck they will say kroos is too slow for our midfield...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 11:07pm On Oct 18, 2022
Half the fanbase are calling for sancho to play 10.. I don't get the patience with him by our fans.. its like how dey defended pogba, and asking for different key to unlock him.. suddenly our supposedly RW has been moved to LW and now he should play 10..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 11:17pm On Oct 18, 2022
ovoP:
truth is if most Madrid players played for us, alot of our fans will call vinicius Dan James.. say he doesn't know how to play in tight spaces like sancho.. dey will say valverde is fred all energy.. mendy cannot attack.. basically malacia.. Carvajal is too slow.. heck they will say kroos is too slow for our midfield...
Lol... You must be kidding sha grin grin

Vini can beat a Man, can attack... Can Dan James do it?
Valverde to Fred? Lmao .. The only thing comparable to Fred and Valverde is energy. Finish!!

Maybe Mendy to Malacia and I'll agree. While Kroos is already old and can be done away with but those two aren't even the core players.

We've Vini, Benz, Modric, Valverde. These 4, who can be comparable to them in Man u?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Youngzero2(m): 4:41am On Oct 19, 2022
Match day.
Lads, it's tottheham!! tongue.
Anything other than three points is not welcome

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:43am On Oct 19, 2022
Botfuss:

Exactly what I'm saying. Nobody is saying Bruno is not good but they don't want to accept fact. Even right now Bruno is our best midfielder since we no get replacement wey fit challenge aam. Dvd na short one. Bruno should try to be moving ball and making dribbles. It will really help the team. On this thread they will just jump the conclusion that person dey talk say Bruno no good. Anyone that watch modric and debruyne and dosent see what Bruno is lacking dosent know anything about football.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 19, 2022
Youngzero2:
Match day.
Lads, it's tottheham!! tongue.
Anything other than three points is not welcome
Make he start Ronaldo. It seem Tottenham is Ronaldo eibar grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Youngzero2(m): 6:42am On Oct 19, 2022
Borntosmoke:

Make he start Ronaldo. It seem Tottenham is Ronaldo eibar grin
Dat one no dey use eye see tottheham grin.
I just hope our forwards fire on all fronts in this match.Clinicality would be very necessary here

(1) (2) (3) ... (12444) (12445) (12446) (12447) (12448) (12449) (12450) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Afz9095(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.