Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8709689 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12446) (12447) (12448) (12449) (12450) (12451) (12452) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2022
Expert17:

You can't please United fans.

Pope already saw the run from Sancho and the space, any pass to Sancho there will either be intercepted by Pope or result to a 50/50. Passing to CR7 was a plan B which can also result to goal.

Bruno is not infallible. The better pass was to Sancho. Even Pele and Maradona in their prime made mistakes so it is okay to accept that Bruno made a mistake.

I don't know why so many people here have extremist views. It is either a player is perfect, and every single action of his must be defended, or the player is complete rubbish and can never do anything right. Life is not like that nau.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2022
afrodoc2:
Hidden Ikebe in the same bracket as Messi and CR7?

Ben Arfa bossing midfield and made his mark?

Are you deliberately feigning ignorance of the fact that Hazard and Neymar back then were touted as the only players who could give the world of football the closest to what Cr7 and Messi offered then?

Or you wanna tell me you were oblivious of Hatem Ben Arfa's exploits

You people rely on stats too much
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 4:51pm On Oct 19, 2022
LostMyZeal:

You must be a joke

So Attacking midfielders don't boss the midfield?!

And who the hell told you and your delusions that the only job of an AM is to create chances?

So, Ozil, Ben Arfa and Coutinho didn't boss the midfield in their prime?

Please tell me you're fvckin joking

I don't even want to add Eden Hazard because at some point he was considered in same bracket as Cr7 and Leeyo.. . Yes, he was that good.

If dribbling midfielders whose task is to track your movements isn't bossing of midfield, abeg tell us what bossing the midfield entails.

Bruno that can't even lace Cabaye's boots... Lmao

Bruno can't lace Cabaye boots? Lmao

Which Cabaye? The one that flopped or another one? You are even comparing a DM/CM with AM. grin grin

Hazard and Ronaldo in the same sentence grin

Just a little expo, the era of silky no 10 is long gone (AM like Ozil, Fabregas, Mata etc).

For the last time, the job of an AM in 4-2-3-1 is not midfield control.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2022
afrodoc2:

Bruno is not infallible. The better pass was to Sancho. Even Pele and Maradona in their prime made mistakes so it is okay to accept that Bruno made a mistake.

I don't know why so many people here have extremist views. It is either a player is perfect, and every single action of his must be defended, or the player is complete rubbish and can never do anything right. Life is not like that nau.

Agreed, if Bruno had pass to Sancho and Pope intercepted, play it simple and hero ball crew would have attacked him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2022
LostMyZeal:

Are you deliberately feigning ignorance of the fact that Hazard and Neymar back then were touted as the only players who could give the world of football the closest to what Cr7 and Messi offered then?

Or you wanna tell me you were oblivious of Hatem Ben Arfa's exploits

You people rely on stats too much

The only mark Ben Arfa made was as a waste of talent. And he never bossed any midfield. He was a highly skilled player with decent pace and exquisite dribbling but lacked discipline and rarely played to tactical instructions. I repeat he never bossed any midfield. It is even strange for you to use him as an example considering the fact that he was as highly rated as Benzema when they were youth players and while Benzema just won the Ballon d'Or Ben Arfa has been a journeyman footballer for the past 5 years.

The only mark Ben Arfa made was wasting his God-given talent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:04pm On Oct 19, 2022
Expert17:

Agreed, if Bruno had pass to Sancho and Pope intercepted, play it simple and hero ball crew would have attacked him.

What we should be talking about is for Bruno and the other midfielders to improve on the accuracy of their passes and their awareness of what's around them. There are too many "nearly" moments in our build up. I mean moments when we nearly have an opening and either the pass is too slow, or it is overhit, or the wrong pass is made.

It is not only Bruno. Ronaldo is actually a major culprit. Many of our forwards have tunnel vision when in the attacking third while when City are attacking their players play with a bird's eye view. Awareness and composure are two things we lack in attack.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:07pm On Oct 19, 2022
Expert17:

True but Bruno should not make decisions based on what people on Nairaland will say. grin

He should do the right things but just do them better. He frustrated me a few times in the last match, and you know i am not a Bruno hater. That move was tailor-made for a slide rule pass with his left towards Sancho and away from the GK.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:10pm On Oct 19, 2022
Expert17:

Bruno can't lace Cabaye boots? Lmao

Which Cabaye? The one that flopped or another one? You are even comparing a DM/CM with AM. grin grin

Hazard and Ronaldo in the same sentence grin

Just a little expo, the era of silky no 10 is long gone (AM like Ozil, Fabregas, Mata etc).

For the last time, the job of an AM in 4-2-3-1 is not midfield control.

This has to be repeated on every page of this thread until the end of the season.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 5:17pm On Oct 19, 2022
ChristoBam:

This pass wasn't on lol? If that pass was never on for Bruno then we've got a huge problem.
watch videos not screenshot please
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 19, 2022
Greenwood has been released on bail.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 5:29pm On Oct 19, 2022
Expert17:

You can't please United fans.

Pope already saw the run from Sancho and the space, any pass to Sancho there will either be intercepted by Pope or result to a 50/50. Passing to CR7 was a plan B which can also result to goal.

once they make up their mind that they hate a player, it's over.. same for rashford or maguire.. reason I was confused rashford was getting hate, and they want sancho to play in all positions, before they realise he ain't cut out for this league.. imagine complaining that bruno is been bullied at 10, but you want sancho to play as 10.. rashford had his best season, prior to last season, but the fan base will tell he's been shit for four years... the problem with bruno now, is listening too much to critics, and now he's not been himself, trying to keep the ball too much..instead of passing, because the fanbase will tell you he's wasting the ball.. he has to go back to being himself.. if it walks out fine, if it doesn't he gets sold.. the bruno is know normally will pass that ball to sancho, intercepted or not..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 5:30pm On Oct 19, 2022
Expert17:
That moment when you realize the people who hates Bruno stans/value midfielders like VDB and Ben Arfa.

Abeg which midfield Ben Arfa boss? cheesy cheesy
VDB and artist in same sentence.. VDB the recycler..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 5:40pm On Oct 19, 2022
afrodoc2:

Lol, objective criticism is frowned upon here. Just choose one hill and die there irrespective of new and relevant information.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bjteensdes24: 6:03pm On Oct 19, 2022
I don’t get all this guys asking Bruno to be dribbling around o under Ole when he was giving goals and assists, I didn’t see you guys come out and say all this but enjoyed what he gave out then. Now instead of talking about how he will get his form back, you talking about dribbling before passing like wtf Is it a must he dribbles people like you will be looking for GJ striker telling us Halaand can’t press but only wait for tap in or ball given to him to just score.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2022
LostMyZeal:

You seff see am abii
Too much emotion whenever it comes to Bruno grin
And I wonder why
The ITK for this thread is mind-blowing omo
grin And na you no dey use emotions dey reply so? Clown! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bjteensdes24: 6:12pm On Oct 19, 2022
ChristoBam:

I've always been defending Bruno here for months but I'll say again, he's been very poor for a while and needs to rest. He makes so many bad decisions, some even go unnoticed.

For example you look at this smart run Sancho made here and guess what Bruno did?
He gave it to Ronaldo on the left. Ignoring an unmarked Sancho in free space up front.

Look at Antony at the right also...

Do you know how many times we get to this phase of play and always end up doing the wrong thing?
More reason I want Ronaldo to leave Man U. Everybody wants to give Ronaldo the ball that kind attitude is one of the reasons we drew Newcastle. Anthony was also looking for Ronaldo when we are not Madrid under Zidane undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bjteensdes24: 6:13pm On Oct 19, 2022
ovoP:
watch that in real time, and you will see that pass was never on.. stop carrying screenshots of moments to define games.. if he plays the pass to sancho or Antony an it's intercepted.. haters will come here and cry Holywood pass instead of the simple ball to ronaldo.. if he passed that ball to sancho(if it even gets to him)..Pope was already off his line, and would have intercepted that ball.. watch the video.. saw it on twitter also.. where half of United fans have an agenda against some players..
Bro that particular scene I watched the o I blamed him too for not passing to Sancho that would have been better honestly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2022
Bjteensdes24:
I don’t get all this guys asking Bruno to be dribbling around o under Ole when he was giving goals and assists, I didn’t see you guys come out and say all this but enjoyed what he gave out then. Now instead of talking about how he will get his form back, you talking about dribbling before passing like wtf Is it a must he dribbles people like you will be looking for GJ striker telling us Halaand can’t press but only wait for tap in or ball given to him to just score.

grin grin grin
The same set of people are also ignoring his(Bruno's) work rate. But at least he presses, dem no fit use dat one against him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 6:25pm On Oct 19, 2022
ChristoBam:

I've always been defending Bruno here for months but I'll say again, he's been very poor for a while and needs to rest. He makes so many bad decisions, some even go unnoticed.

For example you look at this smart run Sancho made here and guess what Bruno did?
He gave it to Ronaldo on the left. Ignoring an unmarked Sancho in free space up front.

Look at Antony at the right also...

Do you know how many times we get to this phase of play and always end up doing the wrong thing?
Hmmm... While I admit this one is a very good chance missed but I've seen on many occasions this season that Bruno have executed a big chance like this. This weekend pass to Rashford in which he rounded the GK is one and of course the pass to Rashford against us. On many occasions I've seen him tried this kind of ball but sometimes it wasn't executed well.

Tbf, Bruno might have his fault but I feel his own isn't great compared to the wingers who needs to do more. I watch you guys' matches(mostly cos of my sis who's a man u fan, just to troll her tho) and from what I mostly see, Sancho and Antony hardly strike fear to defenders. There's a way wingers will cause chaos and they'll be space for Am to do it's thing. Sancho and Antony to me hardly does that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bjteensdes24: 6:43pm On Oct 19, 2022
kozmicity:

grin grin grin
The same set of people are also ignoring his(Bruno's) work rate. But at least he presses, dem no fit use dat one against him.
Me will just be looking at them ;Dmake dem go tell Ten Hag to drop him naa sheybi coach na en dey see am for training and still pick am each matchday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bjteensdes24: 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2022
afrodoc2:

Didn’t even know you have said this highlighted part already
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bjteensdes24: 7:19pm On Oct 19, 2022
Omo see wetin Conte line up 3 Dms mehn chai shocked grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 7:28pm On Oct 19, 2022
GGMU
eph12 na suspect Sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by metodman(m): 7:28pm On Oct 19, 2022
Our line up though. I'm tempted to say that ETH doesn't learn but I guess he knows better than me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2022
My man fred. He will boss Tottenham midfield today. Fred d underdog

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 7:44pm On Oct 19, 2022
Borntosmoke:
My man fred. He will boss Tottenham midfield today. Fred d underdog

grin grin
Amen oo. Their win will be a proper birthday gift for me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 7:47pm On Oct 19, 2022
This guy and weird takes grincheesygringringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2022
Borntosmoke:

Exactly what I'm saying. Nobody is saying Bruno is not good but they don't want to accept fact. Even right now Bruno is our best midfielder since we no get replacement wey fit challenge aam. Dvd na short one. Bruno should try to be moving ball and making dribbles. It will really help the team. On this thread they will just jump the conclusion that person dey talk say Bruno no good. Anyone that watch modric and debruyne and dosent see what Bruno is lacking dosent know anything about football.
if you put KDB in Man United they will not win the league.
if Bruno plays in City, they still get the title.
check who lost the most possession in Man City vs Liverpool last weekend.
let's move past the back and forth.
this team still has some way to go and fans should make peace with it instead targeting players without the facts to even back their assertions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2022
3 mistakes in a row from Sancho.
c'mon
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:27pm On Oct 19, 2022
Omo we need score on time..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 8:35pm On Oct 19, 2022
No be disguise this Antony dey so?
I never see am dribble past defender before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:37pm On Oct 19, 2022
They've started throwing aaway chances again

(1) (2) (3) ... (12446) (12447) (12448) (12449) (12450) (12451) (12452) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.