Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8745094 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12457) (12458) (12459) (12460) (12461) (12462) (12463) ... (14156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 11:17am On Oct 20, 2022
limcar:
i disagree. Messi started as a winger during the time of Rijkaard. I think he played on the right beside eto and ronadinho.

Did Messi play as a winger in that unders world cup where Mikel finished as 2nd highest goalscorer to draw comparison to Messi?

Even the Mikel was converted into a DM.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:18am On Oct 20, 2022
patrickmuf:
I just think Ronaldo attitude might unsettle the team...EtH is relatively young and has not managed such huge egos so, if Ronaldo continues with his recent antics, it might as well see other players begin to act the same way...

We were winning and playing comfortably well, I see no point drawing all the attention to himself when he can still sit on the bench even when angry and at the end of the day congratulate the lads...At his age and with his experience, I'd prefer if Ronaldo goes into EtH's office and express his feelings rather than display all those antics when he is not playing...
Nah, not with this man. I said it here before, ETH is stubborn to a fault according to Ajax fans. He might stop featuring Ronaldo in his team sheet if he continues this way, the man no dey look face is what I have learned. Maybe he can't do it to Ronaldo cos of who he is ... he has maybe earned the right to do some things. but any other player that tries to emulate his worst attitude will ruin their career.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:20am On Oct 20, 2022
kozmicity:

Funny thing is I think he actually know how to place. I watched a few of his goals in 2018/19 season for club and country and his placements were extreme self.

There was this goal England scored, I don't know the year but I think it was 2018 or 2020 where sterling passed the ball to him and without breaking a stride he scored it beautifully. And yes, it was a placement too.
He is better playing from the wings.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 11:31am On Oct 20, 2022
Lana1:
grin grin
ETH no sabi ball. Strikers shouldn't be pressing
At all grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 11:32am On Oct 20, 2022
hensben:
By default man city were the better side but ETH will make the team formidable again, he is building the team well and in his own term and conditions that cr7 is finding it hard to accept. He will be 38 in few months time and you expect an ambitious club like Man U to still be relying on him. Have sense for once.
Damn grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:33am On Oct 20, 2022
Borntosmoke:

Messi with good attitude grin grin. Messi won even choke someone to death gringrin. You better they thank God he no kill the guy. He for dey enjoy for kirikiri prison
Does Messi plays for Man Utd? So, if Messi attacks the PSG coach today it is also okay for Ronaldo to do same...Na wa oh!

Manchester United fans are talking about Ronaldo's attitude which is not right but instead of you to focus on the subject you're bringing Messi into it as if Messi doing it makes it right...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dammywapes(m): 11:34am On Oct 20, 2022
Borntosmoke:

He place the ball bro but not so much . Why did iloris stretches his hand before he save that ball. Lets leave rashford matter.

Halaand self dey miss chance
he did not and rash no dey always place he believes in power (shot) lol u comparing haaland miss to rash lol this dude gifts villareal europa league. Haaland scores 90% of his chance if not more compare to rash.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by limcar: 11:35am On Oct 20, 2022
kozmicity:

Did Messi play as a winger in that unders world cup where Mikel finished as 2nd highest goalscorer to draw comparison to Messi?

Even the Mikel was converted into a DM.
messi played as forward due to his versatility across the front three. Messi was MVP followed by mikel in that tournament. And mind you mikel never came second on goalscorers chart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 11:41am On Oct 20, 2022
We signed mumu goat and finished 6th last season. All our attackers—including the one who had 35 G/A the previous season didn’t get half of that last season. Even a born foolish would know a certain 37 year old makes all our attackers play badly. But you know, he scored 20 goals and it doesn’t matter if the development of our attackers stall.

Ronaldo should f**k off. We signed him for commercial purposes and he’s done that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 11:44am On Oct 20, 2022
I like ETH tbh, he's a no nonsense man. He doesn't pander to emotions or sentiments. You play well, you earn your spot whoever you may be.

Concerning respect, he owes Ronaldo non of that seeing how Ronaldo first disrespected him by failing to turn up for preseason without any reasonable explanation. He shouldn't be crying now when he started the disrespect. Also the members of the squad have been showing Ronaldo support both on and and off the pitch but when he's benched and the team plays well, he disrespects the team by walking out on them.

More importantly the team is clearly better without Ronaldo currently than with him starting and this is not a disrespect to his abilities, it's just the truth. ETH's job is to the squad as a whole and not to any individual. No player past or present is bigger than the club.

We're still waiting for the tell all interview he promised since 2 months ago about what really happened in preseason.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 11:44am On Oct 20, 2022
I blame all these mumu small boys idolizing him too. Dem Dalot Anthony and co. I pray ten hag takes him out of the team this weekend.

These Ronaldo fanboys don even vex me, I’ll have his time properly now.

Petulant Egbon adugbo that should be playing in MLS. Stu**d attention seeker.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by limcar: 11:47am On Oct 20, 2022
Lana1:
grin grin
ETH no sabi ball. Strikers shouldn't be pressing
So who should do the pressing? You lack coaching sense
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:50am On Oct 20, 2022
Ellexy:
I like ETH tbh, he's a no nonsense man. He doesn't pander to emotions or sentiments. You play well, you earn your spot whoever you may be.

Concerning respect, he owes Ronaldo non of that seeing how Ronaldo first disrespected him by failing to turn up for preseason without any reasonable explanation. He shouldn't be crying now when he started the disrespect. Also the members of the squad have been showing support to Ronaldo both on the pitch and off it but when he's benched and the team plays well, he disrespects the team by walking out on them.

More importantly the team is clearly better without Ronaldo currently than with him starting and this is not a disrespect to his abilities, it's just the truth. ETH's job is to the squad as a whole and not to any individual. No player passed or present is bigger than the club.

We're still waiting for the tell all interview he promised since 2 months ago about what really happened in preseason.

All those fanboys here and on twitter always pretend to forget this fact. He started the disrespect and now they are acting like he's the victim.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:51am On Oct 20, 2022
limcar:
Ok
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 11:53am On Oct 20, 2022
limcar:

Sir kazeem
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 20, 2022
patrickmuf:
Does Messi plays for Man Utd? So, if Messi attacks the PSG coach today it is also okay for Ronaldo to do same...Na wa oh!

Manchester United fans are talking about Ronaldo's attitude which is not right but instead of you to focys 9n the subject you're bringing Messi into it as if Messi doing it makes it right...

Ronaldo behaviour is wrong Yesterday. I agree. Even if I am his coach he won't go unpunish. But you see that monicker with hesben he too hate Ronaldo. He said he hate Ronaldo because of is attitude meanwhile the Messi he is idolizing his also guilty of bad behaviour portray by ronaldo yesterday.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by maik99(m): 11:59am On Oct 20, 2022
Henry on Rashford: " You open the goal up. Just finish it. Place it, why hard? Side foot, goal. See you later."

Evra: " Not everyone has your brain Henry."

Henry: " I know but you have one, use it." [@primevideosport]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2022
Ellexy:

Concerning respect, he owes Ronaldo non of that seeing how Ronaldo first disrespected him by failing to turn up for preseason without any reasonable explanation. He shouldn't be crying now when he started the disrespect. Also the members of the squad have been showing support to Ronaldo both on the pitch and off it but when he's benched and the team plays well, he disrespects the team by walking out on them.

More importantly the team is clearly better without Ronaldo currently than with him starting and this is not a disrespect to his abilities, it's just the truth. ETH's job is to the squad as a whole and not to any individual. No player passed or present is bigger than the club.

Actually, I watched that match ystdy and I saw how Ronaldo was being told to jog so that he'll be prepared to come into the game only to be told he isn't going to be played and Elanga was instead favored. Well, Tbh it's ego-killing and knowing how big ego Ronaldo have I understand his point of venting it out in that way. I mean his a big player and he needs to be respected as such cos his career achievements made him earned it.

But then seeing the bolded made me realize that in fact Ten Haag doesn't owe him anything and he's in the right to act that way

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2022
DDG was excellent yesterday. Passing and sweeping were both really good and we don't score that crucial 2nd goal without his save against Harry Kane.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2022
Botfuss:
I blame all these mumu small boys idolizing him too. Dem Dalot Anthony and co. I pray ten hag takes him out of the team this weekend.

These Ronaldo fanboys don even vex me, I’ll have his time properly now.

Petulant Egbon adugbo that should be playing in MLS. Stu**d attention seeker.

You Don change your moniker again Pessi fan? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2022
akwesenana:
Messi is just like me.

Reserved but evil mind.
Omooooooh

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2022
afrodoc2:
DDG was excellent yesterday. Passing and sweeping were both really good and we don't score that crucial 2nd goal without his save against Harry Kane.

I noticed it 3 weeks ago, vs Everton.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:36pm On Oct 20, 2022
Fanboys were dropping a "With and Without Ronaldo" stats last season. They have refused to drop for this season.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2022
Jodera:
Actually, I watched that match ystdy and I saw how Ronaldo was being told to jog so that he'll be prepared to come into the game only to be told he isn't going to be played and Elanga was instead favored. Well, Tbh it's ego-killing and knowing how big ego Ronaldo have I understand his point of venting it out in that way. I mean his a big player and he needs to be respected as such cos his career achievements made him earned it.

But then seeing the bolded made me realize that in fact Ten Haag doesn't owe him anything and he's in the right to act that way

you understand his reason for leaving the pitch during a game? Lol

We have 2 subs left so what anger are you justifying?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:41pm On Oct 20, 2022
Lana1:
All those fanboys here and on twitter always pretend to forget this fact. He started the disrespect and now they are acting like he's the victim.

EtH didn’t even disrespect Ronaldo. His fan boys are only blindly supporting their master.

I don’t know how a coach benching a player because he thinks he has other options is disrespect.

And it’s not as if he is banging in goals or undroppable.

The players press for him. They also go out of their ways to assist him. He miscues those chances and he’s too slow and unfit to get into great scoring positions.

They should open an emergency transfer window and exchange him for Nkunku.

Living on past glory.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:42pm On Oct 20, 2022
Someone they were hawking all over Europe during the last TW cos the team he failed to get into the UCL with his 20+ goals is playing Europa league.

Ronaldo needs to start respecting United.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Exonerate1(m): 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2022
Lana1:
Fanboys were dropping a "With and Without Ronaldo" stats last season. They have refused to drop for this season.

Small sample size. He scored the winner against Everton and you guys won the game when he came on against Arsenal but they counted those games as "Without "

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2022
If am not mistaken that's 3 league goals and 2 assists for Sancho this season. Next match is his usual customer at Stamford bridge. Ice cold has 3goals and 2 assists as well. Jodera your praises should be as loud as your disrespect for my boys.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2022
Expert17:

I noticed it 3 weeks ago, vs Everton.

Yeah we all noticed it but the issue is can he maintain it? Is it a trend or short just a brief anomaly. In addition, it is important to note that Spurs didn't really press. The litmus test will come when he has to face quality high pressing teams and has to make multiple quick decisions and passes under intense pressure over the course of 90 mins.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 12:53pm On Oct 20, 2022
Trevor012:
Messi the meek player who doesn't throw tantrum when he doesn't get what he wants. Thunder will fire all these Pessi fans here trying to paint him as a good boy.
A player walked away from the team in a big game while we were winning and playing the best football we've seen in a while. And you're bringing out nonsense about Messi doing what?

This football club means nothing to most of you. It's all about player worship. Man can literally piss on the club's shirt and y'all will say something silly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:54pm On Oct 20, 2022
The team played well but we should not get carried away. Spurs have been quietly faecal this season playing their fossil football. Conte should be quartered for what he has been subjecting Spurs fans to. grin

The next game against Chelsea is a more accurate litmus test.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2022
Jodera:

Ronaldo left the field angrily because he wasn’t subbed on after he was told to warm up?

The ego on that guy. grin

He failed to show up for preseason.
Desperately sought to leave at the last minute of the TW
Can’t follow through with the system the coach wants to play

Yet, he the club is the one disrespecting him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12457) (12458) (12459) (12460) (12461) (12462) (12463) ... (14156) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: nitrogen(m), main24(m), Stivoh(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.