Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12777) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8742352 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12774) (12775) (12776) (12777) (12778) (12779) (12780) ... (14155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay1: 11:56am On Jan 11, 2023

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2023
Lana1:
So Sancho still never come back from his pilgrimage? Nawa.
How many people still remember Sancho still plays football, not to talk of still being under contract here or anywhere else? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 12:06pm On Jan 11, 2023
eph12:

How many people still remember Sancho still plays football, not to talk of still being under contract here or anywhere else? cheesy

They've probably suspended his pay too, so no rush at all wink wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:09pm On Jan 11, 2023
larride:

Playing from the right makes it easy a lil bit for Maguire tho. Playing from the left makes him a lot slower than he naturally is because he has to turn 160 degrees to make a simple pass.
Definitely...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:12pm On Jan 11, 2023
afrodoc2:

Garnacho has real potential. His development last year was rapid.

Mainoo was truly a bit conservative and cautious and also, he and Fred kept running into each other. Iqbal would have done better i think because of his sleek passing and because he played 10 a lot as an Under 18. Mainoo is usually deployed as an 8 not the 10 he played yesterday.

I remember when i was complaining about Maguire as a LCB here and people said it didn't matter. Ole was a really useless coach for not picking it up. It was one of the first things both Rangnick and ETH corrected when they took over.
In the long run, we might not get to see all of Hannibal, Iqbal and Mainoo at Utd which is a shame especially if they all live up to their potentials...

Apart from Savage do we have any good holding midfielder coming through the ranks?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 12:17pm On Jan 11, 2023
afrodoc2:

No. You are right.

Now you are right, he has even removed mbe from his Twitter username. Boy is now serious with football again finally...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:25pm On Jan 11, 2023
patrickmuf:
In the long run, we might not get to see all of Hannibal, Iqbal and Mainoo at Utd which is a shame especially if they all live up to their potentials...

Apart from Savage do we have any good holding midfielder coming through the ranks?

I talked about this sometime ago. Hannibal, Iqbal, Mainoo, Savage, Shoretire, Gore, Hansen-Aaroen. Not more than 1 or 2 will make it here. They are all 8s, 10s, or hybrid 8/10s. No winger, No real 6.

Savage can be a defensive liability and lacks pace. He is an exceptional passer but i am not sure how well he will adapt to premier league football.

We have 19yr Toby Collyer who joined the Under-18 last season and has been getting good reviews with the Under-21 this season but i am yet to watch him in a full game.

We also have 18yr old Max Oyedele with the Under-18. He is strong and robust but needs to work on his touch and passing. He was part of the FA Youth Cup winning side with Garnacho, and it was actually his introduction that saved us in the final.

Finley McAllister impressed me as a 15yr old playing Under-18 last season but i have not really seen him this season and it is too early to tell anyway.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:26pm On Jan 11, 2023
TrebleChamp:
Now you are right, he has even removed mbe from his Twitter username. Boy is now serious with football again finally...

So, he has stopped doing philanthropic work?

It is not because he moved from one of the worst coaches ever to one of the best minds currently in football. Or not that he had yet another off season to recover from injury layoffs totalling 240 days in less than 2 years? Injuries that coincided with his drop in productivity.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by WallStreetfx(m): 12:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
eph12:

Sancho right now cant play anything, . The guy is going through a lot waiting dey do him pass make one coach dey tell him pass the ball, scored the ball. Is just like expecting greenwood to comeback from ban and you expect him to be performing. Na only Nigeria here I know say we not dey care about mental health. Na waiting do rashford last 2 seasons be dat.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 1:17pm On Jan 11, 2023
afrodoc2:

So, he has stopped doing philanthropic work?

It is not because he moved from one of the worst coaches ever to one of the best minds currently in football. Or not that he had yet another off season to recover from injury layoffs totalling 240 days in less than 2 years? Injuries that coincided with his drop in productivity.

grin grin grin
Rashford is more focused on his football now cos Ten Hag is in charge, that he had to remove MBE from his Twitter Username and also stop posting nonsense shows the manager influence. We saw how Ten Hag benched him due to indescipline earlier, something an Ole or Rangnick would not have done. I don't believe he would be this improved if Rangnick was still in charge....

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:22pm On Jan 11, 2023
TrebleChamp:
Rashford is more focused on his football now cos Ten Hag is in charge, that he had to remove MBE from his Twitter Username and also stop posting nonsense shows the manager influence. We saw how Ten Hag benched him due to indescipline earlier, something an Ole or Rangnick would not have done.

So, nothing to do with improved training and tactics? Just a disciplinarian coach?

Can you show when he stopped feeding the less privileged, cos that was your complaint. grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 1:51pm On Jan 11, 2023
afrodoc2:

So, nothing to do with improved training and tactics? Just a disciplinarian coach?

Can you show when he stopped feeding the less privileged, cos that was your complaint. grin
At bolded are you now agreeing that Rangnick tactics was shit? Doc we seem to be saying the same thing, but na the feeding children part you want to hold on to cheesy, Rashford is focused on his football now because we have a good manager in charge, we all complained of his off field antics expecially on Social media. He has cut that out and he had to remove the MBE (title he received from feeding less priviledge child) he added to his name to show how serious he is now. If he is training well, it is because he has a discipline Manager in charge.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:59pm On Jan 11, 2023
afrodoc2:

So you want Mejbri sold without a chance in the first team when he might be the best of our Under-21 players?

grin

Oooh! Mejbri.... I've forgot him to be honest. I don't know if he's doing well on loan or not, cos I've not been following him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:02pm On Jan 11, 2023
TrebleChamp:
At bolded are you now agreeing that Rangnick tactics was shit? Doc we seem to be saying the same thing, but na the feeding children part you want to hold on to cheesy, Rashford is focused on his football now because we have a good manager in charge, we all complained of his off field antics expecially on Social media. He has cut that out and he had to remove the MBE (title he received from feeding less priviledge child) he added to his name to show how serious he is now. If he is training well, it is because he has a discipline Manager in charge.

I was talking about Ole. His drop in form started when Ole was here.

When i mentioned improved training i was talking about training smarter not training harder. The main reason he is playing better is because he is fitter and playing in a better system. Put him with a brain-dead manager again and he will struggle in the EPL, even if he goes the other extreme and starts starving orphans.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:05pm On Jan 11, 2023
Oasis007:

grin

Oooh! Mejbri.... I've forgot him to be honest. I don't know if he's doing well on loan or not, cos I've not been following him.

He is doing as well as can be expected. He has been one of the better players in a team that plays stone age football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 2:06pm On Jan 11, 2023
afrodoc2:

I was talking about Ole. His drop in form started when Ole was here.

When i mentioned improved training i was talking about training smarter not training harder. The main reason he is playing better is because he is fitter and playing in a better system. Put him with a brain-dead manager again and he will struggle in the EPL, even if he goes the other extreme and starts starving orphans.
Alright sir, i accept your point. Hope his improvement continues seeing as he is now our main goal threat....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:17pm On Jan 11, 2023
TrebleChamp:
Alright sir, i accept your point. Hope his improvement continues seeing as he is now our main goal threat....

It will continue barring injury. I really believe in ETH. This team has not even gelled yet. Imagine our position on the table despite all our attackers being off form except Rashford and teenage Garnacho. A good system covers a lot of individual sins.

11 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:39pm On Jan 11, 2023
We’re even winning games that we didn’t really perform well in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:41pm On Jan 11, 2023
When the team gels we’ll perform way better than we’re performing right now.

Like I said months ago, EtH was the best signing we made in the last transfer window.

Sincerely praying he gets it right here.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:48pm On Jan 11, 2023
afrodoc2:

He is doing as well as can be expected. He has been one of the better players in a team that plays stone age football.

I hope EtH can keep him at the club next season then, along with Amad and Pellestri. I would have wished for Iqbal to stay too, but he seems to good to be rotten on the bench at this time of his career.

Shoretire also has passed U21 Level, it's time for him to go and prove himself.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2023
See the beautiful movement from facundo.. Something Anthony never does

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2023
CrystalTiger:

He may still be receiving his pay. Or maybe not all
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 3:22pm On Jan 11, 2023
CrystalTiger:

His salary is still getting paid.

Agreement is agreement.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:26pm On Jan 11, 2023
WallStreetfx:

Sancho right now cant play anything, . The guy is going through a lot waiting dey do him pass make one coach dey tell him pass the ball, scored the ball. Is just like expecting greenwood to comeback from ban and you expect him to be performing. Na only Nigeria here I know say we not dey care about mental health. Na waiting do rashford last 2 seasons be dat.
I hope mental health also stopped him from receiving his fat pay check?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:43pm On Jan 11, 2023
Imagine there was no Garnacho, and we had to depend on Sancho-Martial-Antony-Rashford this season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 3:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
DeadPresidents:

Man will come back as enlightened as Gautama Siddhārthā, the Buddha at this rate.
It will be funny if he comes back playing the same trash he was playing before he left. I really hope this wont be the case
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:00pm On Jan 11, 2023
eph12:

And the guy is still getting paid. Imagine getting 300k p/w for doing nothing. These footballers are steady cashing out. Little wonder Jones cant be bothered to either push for a move or more playing time. As long as money dey enter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:08pm On Jan 11, 2023
Leyqute:
We’re even winning games that we didn’t really perform well in.

ETH is getting the best out of what he has to work with which is what was expected of him. At least we're now winning the smaller teams. City is the perfect litmus test right now to determine where we really stand.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:38pm On Jan 11, 2023
Lana1:
ETH is getting the best out of what he has to work with which is what was expected of him. At least we're now winning the smaller teams. City is the perfect litmus test right now to determine where we really stand.

Exactly.

We go see how that game go be. The next week will tell us how far we’ve come.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 4:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
afrodoc2:

People seem to forget or not realise that Correlation is not necessarily the same as causation.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:20pm On Jan 11, 2023
Lana1:
We'll need to take out chances while remaining air tight at the back in this one. As long as we're clearing those smaller teams, I'm good for now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:39pm On Jan 11, 2023
Lana1:
And the guy is still getting paid. Imagine getting 300k p/w for doing nothing. These footballers are steady cashing out. Little wonder Jones cant be bothered to either push for a move or more playing time. As long as money dey enter
I expect ETH to so some weeding by the end of the season

(1) (2) (3) ... (12774) (12775) (12776) (12777) (12778) (12779) (12780) ... (14155) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.