Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12940) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8735764 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12937) (12938) (12939) (12940) (12941) (12942) (12943) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:02pm On Feb 11, 2023
TeslaFC:

Casemiro especially. It’s as if the floodgates open whenever he’s not on the pitch.

And this partially vindicates previous United managers who had to constantly use a team that had no DMs to compete for trophies.
Why did they try to use a team without DMs to compete for trophies? It's not a case of no money because they spent a lot on players

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 6:04pm On Feb 11, 2023
Any smart coach knows what Toney would bring. Na this kind active strikers we need.

You go fear hold up play na cheesy cheesy

Please please please...get Toney to this club. I remember at some point during Ole days the guy was in the conversation among fans and the club gan gan.

At least we dun miss out on Trossard, we mustn't miss this Toney oh angry

Even Brentford look more solid than our team at every level probably because they don't have a fred or Bruno in their midfield. So so so organized

Them no even send Arsenal papa .. them kuku dash them the 86% possession 🤣🤣

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 6:10pm On Feb 11, 2023
LostMyZeal:
Any smart coach knows what Toney would bring. Na this kind active strikers we need.

Please please please...get Toney to this club. I remember at some point during Ole days the guy was in the conversation among fans and the club gan gan.

Even Brentford look more solid than our team at every level probably because they don't have a fred or Bruno in their midfield. So so so organized

We get Weghorst. Tell our players to pass to him... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 6:11pm On Feb 11, 2023
Arsenal has successfully bottled the league

Dropping 4 huge points at this critical time... Omo

Who will rise to the occasion between city and Us now?

Definitely not us. Make we escape leeds tomorrow let's see something.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 7:01pm On Feb 11, 2023
Na this PSG clowns wan beat Bayern??

Although somebody don feign injury as usual to escape Bayern trashing... lol... grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TeslaFC: 7:22pm On Feb 11, 2023
odizeey:

Probably if Casemiro was there, he would have done the job.

Exactly what comes to mind each time I see the replay.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:24pm On Feb 11, 2023
LostMyZeal:

Toney is doing well at Brentford. Why do you think he’ll do well at United?

Honest question.

What qualities do you see in him. Or is it because you saw him score goals against Arsenal and City?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TeslaFC: 7:33pm On Feb 11, 2023
eph12:

Why did they try to use a team without DMs to compete for trophies? It's not a case of no money because they spent a lot on players

Before going down an endless rabbit hole here, let’s not make it seem like Ten Hag himself went for Casemiro.

Casemiro’s arrival at United was simply a matter of time and chance, not some masterpiece stroke from ETH like your comment might infer.

ETH preferred target (FDJ) evaded us all through the transfer window and we won’t have gotten Casemiro if Madrid didn’t deem him surplus to requirements.

It will be wrong to pin our failure to get a good DM on the previous managers when it’s no secret how inefficient our scouting network has been in recent years hence causing us to go for mercenaries every time.

I’m just pointing this out because it’s beginning to look like we can’t get things wrapped up if Casemiro isn’t on the pitch and that doesn’t reflect well on the team as a whole, manager inclusive.

12 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TeslaFC: 7:37pm On Feb 11, 2023
LostMyZeal:
Arsenal has successfully bottled the league

Dropping 4 huge points at this critical time... Omo

Who will rise to the occasion between city and Us now?

Definitely not us. Make we escape leeds tomorrow let's see something.

Didn’t aim to win the title from the beginning of the season anyway, best solidify the UCL place.

Hopefully, with reinforcements in the next transfer window, a league title charge definitely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lh19(m): 8:01pm On Feb 11, 2023
LostMyZeal:

No reasonable club would go close to Toney now. He has more than 100 betting charges on his name. He would probably be suspended next season by the FA.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 8:02pm On Feb 11, 2023
LostMyZeal:

He has a betting scandal against him..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 8:04pm On Feb 11, 2023
See plenty chances to put daylight between us nd Newcastle.

Den cement our Champions League spot.. But we keep fuckin it up
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:29pm On Feb 11, 2023
afrodoc2:

Brandon's chance is gone. If ETH did not trust him to deputize for Dalot and instead went back to AWB then he has to move for his own good. I think Iqbal's problem has to be physical. He is the most similar player we have stylistically to Eriksen, so for him to be overtaken by Mainoo the manager must believe he is not ready for the physicality of the EPL.

Hannibal has improved in terms of his physical attributes and also remarkably in terms of his mental attributes and maturity. He has reduced his rash tackles and lashing out at opponents. My concern is that his technical development might be stagnating. If he goes on loan next season it should be to a team that plays possession football.

Amad is developing nicely and has impressed both at RW and No10. I am thinking he might be useful as Bruno's deputy next season, cos i prefer him there as he is just not very explosive on the wing.

Apt
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Blake755: 8:38pm On Feb 11, 2023
🚨🚨| Players in their best season of their careers:

🇸🇳 Mane: 29 G/A
🇰🇷 Son: 32 G/A
🇫🇷 Ribery: 34 G/A
🇳🇱 Robben: 32 G/A
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Sterling: 37 G/A
🇧🇪 Hazard: 38 G/A
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 Bale: 41 G/A

🇵🇹 Bruno’s best season: 45 G/A

One of the most disrespected and underrated players in football. 🙏🪄
Put respect to his name 💯

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 11, 2023
Assuming we don't draw Leeds city and crystal palace. Man u 4 dey compete with arsenal for league. Man u won't take their chances when they needed it most. undecided undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 11, 2023
Debruyne na goat!!! I swear. How can someone be comparing Fernandes with debruyne, even low battery eriken still getting assist easily in man u grin. I swear if you talk aam for viewing center na slap u go collect.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:49pm On Feb 11, 2023
I pray we win tomorrow to stretch our lead over Newcastle United, CL qualification is a must this season. Carabao Cup final win against Newcastle United is also a must this season. If we reach FA Cup final this season, it will be a must win trophy too...

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:10pm On Feb 11, 2023
TrebleChamp:
I pray we win tomorrow to stretch our lead over Newcastle United, CL qualification is a must this season. Carabao Cup final win against Newcastle United is also a must this season. If we reach FA Cup final this season, it will be a must win trophy too...

We will beat Leeds tomorrow. Those cheap goals won't happen again. Garnacho, Rashford and Sancho should start up front and watch us destroy them.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:32pm On Feb 11, 2023
Oasis007:

We will beat Leeds tomorrow. Those cheap goals won't happen again. Garnacho, Rashford and Sancho should start up front and watch us destroy them.

👌
We're winning tomorrow. Whoever starts, just win.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TeslaFC: 9:44pm On Feb 11, 2023
TrebleChamp:

Their trickster (Maximin) limped off today, same with Almiron. Not sure they have any other major threat compared to those in our ranks (Rashford, etc.)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:04pm On Feb 11, 2023
TeslaFC:

Before going down an endless rabbit hole here, let’s not make it seem like Ten Hag himself went for Casemiro.

Casemiro’s arrival at United was simply a matter of time and chance, not some masterpiece stroke from ETH like your comment might infer.

ETH preferred target (FDJ) evaded us all through the transfer window and we won’t have gotten Casemiro if Madrid didn’t deem him surplus to requirements.

It will be wrong to pin our failure to get a good DM on the previous managers when it’s no secret how inefficient our scouting network has been in recent years hence causing us to go for mercenaries every time.

I’m just pointing this out because it’s beginning to look like we can’t get things wrapped up if Casemiro isn’t on the pitch and that doesn’t reflect well on the team as a whole, manager inclusive.
I'm not sure I understand your position here.

It was glaring our midfield was out of sorts since like 4 years ago. If ETH failed to see that and failed to get a DM, he would have paid the price sooner or later. At the end of the day, the buck stops at the coach's table and he knows what his team lacks the most. If DM was never a top priority, that is his own fault and failure. He can NOT blame someone else if he's blind to see the obvious crack in the team. You can't come and start painting those coaches as the victim here. Its different if they didn't get any money to spend but they spent a lot of monies, and also offered enormous wages to players that don't deserve them

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TeslaFC: 10:15pm On Feb 11, 2023
eph12:

I'm not sure I understand your position here.

It was glaring our midfield was out of sorts since like 4 years ago. If ETH failed to see that and failed to get a DM, he would have paid the price sooner or later. At the end of the day, the buck stops at the coach's table and he knows what his team lacks the most. If DM was never a top priority, that is his own fault and failure. He can NOT blame someone else if he's blind to see the obvious crack in the team. You can't come and start painting those coaches as the victim here. Its different if they didn't get any money to spend but they spent a lot of monies, and also offered enormous wages to players that don't deserve them

The bolded concludes it. Best go through my initial comment again so we don’t make a mountain out of a molehill.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 1:49am On Feb 12, 2023
Pallinha, Matheus Nunez, Kudus, De jong and a striker next season. We don’t know what will happen with Greenwood before we buy a left winger.

We are too big to panic when id*ots like Casemiro gets suspended for silly things.

We will likely get a draw again today. 26th is the most important match of the season. They can’t mess that up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by freezyprinzy(m): 4:06am On Feb 12, 2023
Oasis007:
grin

Before Eriksen Injury, some Dudes seem tired of him cos he is too weak and not helping enough defensively. Funnily we were getting clean sheets, scoring for fun, yet they won't stop criticizing Eriksen.

He is out now, and they're beginning to sing - Oh! We miss Eriksen. Ain't a big fan if Bruno, but we should know if he is not important to the Team, he won't be de dacto Captain talk less of starting games week in week out.

We ain't part of coaching crew. We ain't privy to meetings, trainings, tactical analysis of the squad. We have got to respect Manager's Decision coz he wants to win as fans too - even more.

Make Qatar buy the Club quickly na em be kókó.
Bruno is good for the moment. But one thing I’ll continue to say is this, if them habibis eventually buy United and ten hag gets the money to buy his players trust me Bruno will seat on the bench just the way maguire is warming the bench. It’s not hard to see.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:13am On Feb 12, 2023
TeslaFC:

The build-up play was poor tbh. Seen teams like City beat that type of press easily with exquisite close triangle passes from the back.

How they let the boy have a shot at goal without at least one person committing a technical foul is unbelievable.

You need a keeper who is really good with short and long passing for that. That way the full back can stay high and wide and the keeper launches a pass to him and the press is beaten. The GK is the extra man who can't be closed down until he receives the ball. You can consistently play out of the back if your keeper is mediocre on the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TeslaFC: 4:36am On Feb 12, 2023
afrodoc2:

You need a keeper who is really good with short and long passing for that. That way the full back can stay high and wide and the keeper launches a pass to him and the press is beaten. The GK is the extra man who can't be closed down until he receives the ball. You can consistently play out of the back if your keeper is mediocre on the ball.

DDG’s case is just laughable and slightly annoying at the same time, because everyone already knows ball-playing isn’t for him but still can’t get rid of him due to his match-saving reflexes.

The team will need a solid ball-carrier to counterbalance this glaring weakness at the back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 5:35am On Feb 12, 2023
I still dont understand playing out from the back tho..

D only team I've seen do it well is arsenal..

When we do it den pass the ball to bisaka who would den have 4 or 5 players closing him down... It just gets annoying cuz he would end up shooting d ball out for a throwing..

Dey should just kick it long playing out is not for everybody... It has killed mancity plenty times this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 5:37am On Feb 12, 2023
Ralph has tried. Eth has tried.

E no work.

Playing out is not for everybody.
Dey should stop dat annoying tin.. E dey always scratch me for body
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 7:35am On Feb 12, 2023
freezyprinzy:
Bruno is good for the moment. But one thing I’ll continue to say is this, if them habibis eventually buy United and ten hag gets the money to buy his players trust me Bruno will seat on the bench just the way maguire is warming the bench. It’s not hard to see.
who will be available in the summer market to replace Bruno?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:37am On Feb 12, 2023
freezyprinzy:

If I ask you to mention the AM that will bench Bruno, you will write another useless epistle. 🤣🤣🤣

Ten Hag gets the money to buy his players like VDB, lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 7:41am On Feb 12, 2023
Oasis007:

I think Garnacho will return to substitute role.
playing him against Ayling again is likely another waste of time. the lad had no hope of beating his man throughout the game and Luke Ayling didn't even try hard.
Leeds have got a very poor defence. Rashford Weghorst Sancho from the start should dismantle them easily.
we need to be dynamic in attack as well. we have a very good target man that has been grossly underutilized. Ten Hag need to solve that issue, especially the selfish play from some of our forward players.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12937) (12938) (12939) (12940) (12941) (12942) (12943) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.