Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8714201 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13397) (13398) (13399) (13400) (13401) (13402) (13403) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oladeji245(m): 3:57am On Jul 27, 2023
princeabdul:
Man united plays like mid table team tonight, the quality in real Madrid's play is outlandish gush.
Maybe na back of tv u Dey watch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:59am On Jul 27, 2023
Leyqute:

Our ball possession was tame and meaningless. Whenever we are in a dangerous position, we often made the wrong decisions and showed a lack of desire.

Most of our players were also sloppy and easily gave the ball away when pressured. We barely created any meaningful chances nor caused any real damage. It wasn’t really a good match.
When you look at it from where both teams are coming from, you'll have a different view.

We were sloppy and gave away the ball easily but had the most possession, what does that tell you about RM?

We had a much better game in both halves than against arsenal in the second half. But because of the scoreline the match was much better right?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oladeji245(m): 4:00am On Jul 27, 2023
We need a striker and we will get one.
Bruno experiment on the wing is irritating,thank God this is a preseason game.
Onana is a breath of fresh air.
People hate to hear or see it but Antony is important to our team. We are simply better with him in the team.
All in all it wasn’t a bad game from either side. Was surprised to see manutd even having more possession.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 4:02am On Jul 27, 2023
ChristoBam:

I needed to mention the Arsenal game cuz you're digging through posts, posting receipts, shouting I told you so after a loss in a fvcking friendly to fvcking Real Madrid lol.

Makes me curious your reaction to the Arsenal game since you take these friendlies so serious.

Point where I did "I told you so?"

My only annoyance in this game was lack of CM. I have even said anything about the loss.

You guys are just restless because of your funny takes in the past.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:02am On Jul 27, 2023
ChristoBam:

I needed to mention the Arsenal game cuz you're digging through posts, posting receipts, shouting I told you so after a loss in a fvcking friendly to fvcking Real Madrid lol.

Makes me curious your reaction to the Arsenal game since you take these friendlies so serious.

We're going to have a couple of this moment during the preseason so I suggest you conserve your energy o or better still ignore. If you think we won't concede goals when season starts, you need to wake up
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 4:02am On Jul 27, 2023
I'm not sure I even made a comment on the Arsenal game sef.

Me wey my eyes is on UCL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:02am On Jul 27, 2023
CapitalCee:

Because we lost a pres season match to real Madrid?

This is exactly how we will play and lose against top teams. Infact, na friendly make the score dey honourable. If it was a competitive game, the team would have conceded like 4 goals against this Madrid side.

The style of ‘no penetration’ footie we want to play is not sustainable.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nelxxy(m): 4:02am On Jul 27, 2023
ChristoBam:

I'm actually curious as to what your comments were after the Arsenal result.
One bad result against Real Madrid in a friendly and you're digging for receipts, doing the 'I told y'all it'll fail' routine. Smh.
the guy is shameless
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:04am On Jul 27, 2023
At what point will ETH tell Antony the truth? This his shots need to hit the target more or stop trying. Which kind wahala be this?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 4:04am On Jul 27, 2023
eph12:

When you look at it from where both teams are coming from, you'll have a different view.

We were sloppy and gave away the ball easily but had the most possession, what does that tell you about RM?

We had a much better game in both halves than against arsenal in the second half. But because of the scoreline the match was much better right?
The match was what I was hoping a friendly with a top side like that would look like.
We didn't have a striker and it was obvious
Bruno was played out of position and it was obvious

I hate the type of friendlies you'll play against top sides with these obvious deficiencies and still win convincingly like against Arsenal.

Let season start now, make we go Emirates, you'll meet a totally different thing.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oladeji245(m): 4:04am On Jul 27, 2023
eph12:

Some people just like moaning for moaning sake.
United played well,unlike previous years when all we do against big teams is seat back.
We were competitive and created chances,had more possession including the first half.
It wasn’t like if Madrid completely dominated us or something and the first goal was offside. And overall it’s a preseason game.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oladeji245(m): 4:07am On Jul 27, 2023
nitrogen:

This is exactly how we will play and lose against top teams. Infact, na friendly make the score dey honourable. If it was a competitive game, the team would have conceded like 4 goals against this Madrid side.

The style of ‘no penetration’ footie we want to play is not sustainable.
Maybe na back of tv u watch🤣
Game should have ended 1-1. It wasn’t like if it was one sided.
Na striker we need and we are trying to get one.
And this is a preseason for God sake🤣🤣
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 4:09am On Jul 27, 2023
odizeey:

Why do you people keep saying CB like it's a top priority? Guy. Have you seen our midfield? That Central Midfield role. Our Right back is average.

This was me talking about how we needed bodies in the midfield days back.

They said it's not important as CB. Today they are saying the same thing I was saying.

When them catch una, una go change mouth. Too many chameleons in here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oladeji245(m): 4:11am On Jul 27, 2023
TEAM STATS
Madrid. Manutd
15 Shots 15
5 Shots on target 5
47% Possession 53%
510 Passes 575
Na back of tv some people dey watch cos how are we supposed to concede 4 goals with this kin stat that shows both teams matched each other.
People still Dey moan untop preseason 🤣🤣🤣

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 4:12am On Jul 27, 2023
odizeey:

My only annoyance in this game was lack of CM. I have even said anything about the loss.

Everything you've posted last two hours reeks of 'i told you so'.

Btw, what funny takes? The part I talked about how we plan to keep possession? Isn't that obvious?

If we go through our previous posts, I probably mentioned needed a CM far more than you did. I've always hammered on the need of a CM like Dejong. Always talked about how our biggest problem was lack of control in the midfield. Everyone here probably feels the same way. But when the manager goes for Mount instead, and wants a lower profile CM as the other midfield signing, what do you do than discuss what the plan might be?

You're digging posts of people trying to make sense of what ETH's plan might be for the team. As no one's even truly sure. You wan dey use these posts troll. Abeg make e end.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oladeji245(m): 4:13am On Jul 27, 2023
odizeey:

Midfield was fine.
Our attack is so useless though.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:14am On Jul 27, 2023
This Mount transfer still dey baffle me but expert said it's for transition from Onana to mount cheesy I really hope and pray it works out

11 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oladeji245(m): 4:15am On Jul 27, 2023
eph12:
At what point will ETH tell Antony the truth? This his shots need to hit the target more or stop trying. Which kind wahala be this?
If that guy can finish,he will be a world class player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oladeji245(m): 4:15am On Jul 27, 2023
eph12:
This Mount transfer still dey baffle me but expert said it's for transition from Onana to mount cheesy I really hope and pray it works out
Mount has been decent. Maybe unspectacular but I don’t understand the negativity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 4:18am On Jul 27, 2023
eph12:
cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 4:18am On Jul 27, 2023
Oladeji245:

Midfield was fine.
Our attack is so useless though.
Fine bawo?
Dey play
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 4:20am On Jul 27, 2023
eph12:

What is this again? grin grin

Anyways, na still pre-season...the manager is still trying to perfect his tactics and the players are striving to attain the right fitness levels..

Remember Amrabat is still coming cool

Let's be positive
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 4:21am On Jul 27, 2023
ChristoBam:

Everything you've posted last two hours reeks of 'i told you so'.

Btw, what funny takes? The part I talked about how we plan to keep possession? Isn't that obvious?

If we go through our previous posts, I probably mentioned needed a CM far more than you did. I've always hammered on the need of a CM like Dejong. Always talked about how our biggest problem was lack of control in the midfield. Everyone here probably feels the same way. But when the manager goes for Mount instead, and wants a lower profile CM as the other midfield signing, what do you do than discuss what the plan might be?

You're digging posts of people trying to make sense of what ETH's plan might be for the team. As no one's even truly sure. You wan dey use these posts troll. Abeg make e end.

I wonder why my posts is making anyone restless.

Well, the bible says the wicked man runs when no one chases him.

Men just dey cry for my mentions since. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:22am On Jul 27, 2023
ChristoBam:

The match was what I was hoping a friendly with a top side like that would look like.
We didn't have a striker and it was obvious
Bruno was played out of position and it was obvious

I hate the type of friendlies you'll play against top sides with these obvious deficiencies and still win convincingly like against Arsenal.

Let season start now, make we go Emirates, you'll meet a totally different thing.
Maybe it's stubbornness or lack of options because I don't know why a coach will continue to do the same thing over and over with no result. Which match has Bruno ever shone from the wings? I don't understand.

I hope the loss will push the manager to intensify search for more key players in the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 4:22am On Jul 27, 2023
odizeey:

This was me talking about how we needed bodies in the midfield days back.

They said it's not important as CB. Today they are saying the same thing I was saying.

When them catch una, una go change mouth. Too many chameleons in here.
This is me also talking about the need of a CM. You think you're the only one that thinks this? People are just deciding to just observe and see what the man's planning to do.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:25am On Jul 27, 2023
eph12:

I actually think Arsenal got a better result than us in the previous game. It’s not about the results.

Our play was disjointed and tardy. I want to put it down to a lack of fitness. Or maybe ETH was gunning for something else. Or the Nainoo injury.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:25am On Jul 27, 2023
Oladeji245:

Some people just like moaning for moaning sake.
United played well,unlike previous years when all we do against big teams is seat back.
We were competitive and created chances,had more possession including the first half.
It wasn’t like if Madrid completely dominated us or something and the first goal was offside. And overall it’s a preseason game.
The team really played above expectations for me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 4:26am On Jul 27, 2023
ChristoBam:

This is me also talking about the need of a CM. You think you're the only one that thinks this? People are just deciding to just observe and see what the man's planning to do.

Good for you. Wetyn dey vex me be say some people think the GK is more important than a CM.
Some even say we need a CB more, as it stands.

Onana did well. But he can only do so much. He can't do pass himself.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oladeji245(m): 4:26am On Jul 27, 2023
odizeey:

Fine bawo?
Dey play
Midfield was fine bar eriksen.
First half and second half we had more possession of the ball than Madrid.
We created chances and didn’t score. Shots on target including first half was same.
It wasn’t one sided and I don’t know the game you watch.
Our problem in this game was our useless attackers plus playing Bruno out of position,but we know that already.
And it’s a preseason sef. I’m sure by the time the season start we will have a striker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:28am On Jul 27, 2023
Leyqute:

I actually think Arsenal got a better result than us in the previous game. It’s not about the results.

Our play was disjointed and tardy. I want to put it down to a lack of fitness. Or maybe ETH was gunning for something else. Or the Nainoo injury.
If our play was that disjointed, then RM was worse. For most part of the game, they depended on their pacy attack because they couldn't keep the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 4:29am On Jul 27, 2023
Man UTD fans though.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oladeji245(m): 4:29am On Jul 27, 2023
eph12:

The team really played above expectations for me.
Me I don’t know the game some people watch o🤣🤣
This performance against a team like Madrid with our best players playing out of position and without a striker wasn’t bad at all.
Both teams matched each other and the stats even reflected it.
People moaning untop preseason🤣

(1) (2) (3) ... (13397) (13398) (13399) (13400) (13401) (13402) (13403) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: zeusis(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.