Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13715) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8741916 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13712) (13713) (13714) (13715) (13716) (13717) (13718) ... (14155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 10:55am On Oct 05, 2023
ChristoBam:

1) Would Ten Hag get a 100% control of transfers if Rangnick was here? Let's not start arguing about technicalities of job description. We all know what he was going to be doing.

As I stated, the agreement was that he was gonna be a consultant and not the DOF. You can verify if in doubt and if you have a contrary opinion backed up by verifiable facts, please share..

ChristoBam:

2) RR didn't leave United because of an offer. We all know the reason he left. A lot of you gave the excuse he left because Ten Hag wanted him out. Let's not start changing history or else everything's a waste of time.

You are the one trying to change history here...

RR got the Austria job and left the club by mutual consent.

These are hard facts devoid of emotions

ChristoBam:

3) I don't need to specifically mention the current DOF is incompetent. What type of dolt would think otherwise.

I ask again - outline the supposed "incompetencies" of the current DOF....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ballzproblem2: 10:55am On Oct 05, 2023
nitrogen:

You want them to force Ralf on ETH? I thought we all agreed that one of the conditions ETH had for the job was to be in charge of transfers. ETH did not want Ralf anywhere near him. If we had said no, and man decided not to take the job, you will still come blame the owners.

Una no dey tire?
you don't know how important a DOF is,keep listening to ten hag targets una go dey scrab steady
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 11:16am On Oct 05, 2023
AdisaOwala:

As I stated, the agreement was that he was gonna be a consultant and not the DOF. You can verify if in doubt and if you have a contrary opinion backed up by verifiable facts, please share..

You are the one trying to change history here...

RR got the Austria job and left the club by mutual consent.

These are hard facts devoid of emotions

I ask again - outline the supposed "incompetencies" of the current DOF....
Like i said, you want to keep fixating on the job title for obvious reasons. The major reason for my interest in a competent DOF's role is recruitment. Something Rangnick would have been 100% actively involved in. Confirmed by every source close to the club.

Secondly we all know Rangnick was let go. That a job offer came in and it was accepted doesn't change the facts United let him go.
He has always stated countless times he preferred being a DOF/involved in club building to being a manager. Whatever managing opportunities he took after that was because the consultant job wasn't on the table anymore.

As for the third, you actually need to actually list in which way the DOF has actually been competent. We're actually going to call the incompetent, clueless ones decent/competent because the manager's has to take the fall this time lmao.

This is even a waste of time. Your minds are all set. Don't want you to start typing things that'll make my blood boil cuz you're actually begining to do that with that 'how's he being incompetent' question.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 11:19am On Oct 05, 2023
ChristoBam:

Tell me how you'd know ETH's supposed targets if a competent DOF was here.

Haba - what's this?

Are you really implying that it is out of place for managers to have default preferences for players?

What about successful players that were rejected by scouts/DOFs but the managers themselves stood their ground?

ChristoBam:

If Ten Hag wants Mount and the the DOF thinks he's wide off the mark as to what we need and convinces the manager to target Paulinha. Paulinha becomes the manager's target.

If the manager is convinced that Mount would solve his problems, the primary focus of the DOF is to get Mount. At that point, Advising him to take a look at Paulina becomes secondary because at the end of the day when Paulina fails, it's still people like you that would rush here to say that the DOF didn't give the manager what he wants grin

ChristoBam:

The only reason we know the 'manager's list' is because he's in full control.

We can also assume that the "Manager's list" is known because he has refused to listen to the scouts....

Baba - the ultimate decision of who comes into the team lies with the manager - let's not try and paint it as the job of the DOF abeg

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 11:24am On Oct 05, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
you don't know how important a DOF is,keep listening to ten hag targets una go dey scrab steady
Funny thing is all these things I said last year. I later stopped cuz it started to look like I was a Ten Hag hater then and I already said I'd back him 100%.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 11:31am On Oct 05, 2023
ChristoBam:

Like i said, you want to keep fixating on the job title for obvious reasons. The major reason for my interest in a competent DOF's role is recruitment. Something Rangnick would have been 100% actively involved in. Confirmed by every source close to the club.

Secondly we all know Rangnick was let go. That a job offer came in and it was accepted doesn't change the facts United let him go.
He has always stated countless times he preferred being a DOF/involved in club building to being a manager. Whatever managing opportunities he took after that was because the consultant job wasn't on the table anymore.

As for the third, you actually need to actually list in which way the DOF has actually been competent. We're actually going to call the incompetent, clueless ones decent/competent because the manager's has to take the fall this time lmao.

Baba...

The agreement was that RR was to take up the consultant role - he got the Austria job and the initial agreement was mutually rescinded.

These are hard facts devoid of emotions and sentiments

ChristoBam:

This is even a waste of time. Your minds are all set. Don't want you to start typing things that'll make my blood boil cuz you're actually begining to do that with that 'how's he being incompetent' question.

I ask again for the 3rd time - kindly outline the supposed incompetencies of the current DOF.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by toluxe0075: 11:32am On Oct 05, 2023
Man Utd fans: oh, the club is not performing because the coach is not being backed by the management to get the players he demanded.

Man Utd Management: Dear coach, here are the players you demanded us to sign. Have a blast.

Man utd fans: Why is the club management signing the players the coach demanded them to sign? Now they are underperforming. The management should dictate the players to the coach.

Confused fans. Many of you guys will surely run the club to the ground if given opportunity to run it.

14 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 11:35am On Oct 05, 2023
toluxe0075:
Man Utd fans: oh, the club is not performing because the coach is not being backed by the management to get the players he demanded.

Man Utd Management: Dear coach, here are the players you demanded us to sign. Have a blast.

Man utd fans: Why is the club management signing the players the coach demanded them to sign? Now they are underperforming. The management should dictate the players to the coach.

Confused fans. Many of you guys will surely run the club to the ground if given opportunity to run it.

Bros, the logic is causing Dizziness, I swear grin

As it is becoming difficult to say that the owners are not supporting, they are now trying to shift focus to the DOF

Lmao
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ballzproblem2: 11:38am On Oct 05, 2023
ChristoBam:

Funny thing is all these things I said last year. I later stopped cuz it started to look like I was a Ten Hag hater then and I already said I'd back him 100%.

A good DOF we restore Manchester United
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 12:25pm On Oct 05, 2023
patrickmuf:
Expert17, they're days you just admit defeat lest you'd be classed a troll on this thread. Your team just lost with the goalkeeper and the other supposedly senior players playing rubbish and they're being called out but as per the Senior Advocate you must defend everything and anything.

Have some shame...

Classed a troll, or he's always been a troll with his annoying meaningless stats

Who in their right senses would compare Bruno to KDB if not a troll
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by daharry(m): 12:31pm On Oct 05, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
A good DOF we restore Manchester United
We all know about the targets RR recommended to the board for a rebuild..
Alvarez, now at man city
Enzo, now at Chelsea..
Gvardiol now at man city
Leimar now at Bayern
These are players who could have come to Manchester United, had it been ragnick was still in the club in some capacity..
United is a badly run club from the top for whatever reason, breeding non chalant players and making good managers look average..
I pray let’s sack ETH and hire the next elite coach, get a new manager up kick in performance, Get into trouble sack the manager again and get a new one..
Well, there would be a time where no top coach would be willing to take the big job at OT because of how toxic the environment is..
But until then, I wish you all calling out the coach to remain blind..
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 12:57pm On Oct 05, 2023
odizeey:

It's not a small matter.

It is well with us.

Top four does not look possible again, with the way Liverpool, Tottenham are playing. Otilor
U forgot Newcastle!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 1:04pm On Oct 05, 2023
toluxe0075:

Very reactionary and confused set of people.

I don't see anything particularly bad with players ETH has signed. Except for maybe Onana none of them has been particularly underwhelming, based on performance from their previous club vs what they're doing at United. We've been unstable at the defence because most of our starting defenders are injured, most of the starting and their deputies even. Our attack has not been sharp because Rashford who is our main attacking outlet is having a bad run of form. I don't understand all the whining like ETH has signed terrible players.

Many of the people crying wolf about Onana were people that couldn't stand another match of De Gea last season and jumped wildly in celebration when we signed Onana (btw any keeper will struggle with the defense we currently field. We have 3 defensively astute defenders out).

Anyway, until we can field a full healthy team with everybody playing in their natural position I'll reserve my comments and criticisms.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DontBullshitMe: 1:04pm On Oct 05, 2023
camri:
its looking like martial is better than hojlund. All I see hoi do is outmuscle his opponent. Nothing else.
B.L.A.S.P.H.E.M.Y
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 1:07pm On Oct 05, 2023
Director of football is the excuse/reason for United disastrous showing so far 🤣.

Blaming the board for giving Ten Hag the full support and control he needs to build his team 😁.

Una wey dey engage dey try, more powers to una fingers 🤣🤣🤣

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:09pm On Oct 05, 2023
TLona1:

Lana1 called me a mad man then.
You dey craze normally. Nothing new!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2023
We go beat Copenhagen twice, carry win for Gala away, and play draw with Bayern for OT.

UCL Round of 16, we go dey there!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2023
engrelvis:
U forgot Newcastle!
I didn't mention them because they were in top 4 last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2023
akwesenana:
We go beat Copenhagen twice, carry win for Gala away, and play draw with Bayern for OT.

UCL Round of 16, we go dey there!

go do wetin for there? You wan make we get disgraced again abi?

Las Las na to go the Arsenal route, miss UCL for 2 to 4 years, properly build a team with young, hungry players and a proper manager wey no love players from a particular league. Then build upon the team by buying missing pieces.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2023
Who could be responsible for this?
🔴🇦🇷 December 2021, Manchester…

The agent of River Plate talented striker Julián Álvarez arrives in England to meet with Manchester United.

There’s €17m clause available to trigger plus taxes — but Man United decide against that signing.

Despite letting Martial leave on loan to Sevilla, Álvarez was not considered the right investment for the club.

🔵 Three weeks later, Man City decide to trigger the clause but letting Julián stay at River until July ‘22.

🕷️🕸️ …and the rest is history. €17m fee.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 1:38pm On Oct 05, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:49pm On Oct 05, 2023
ChristoBam:
I can't even start to quote each and everyone of you. Y'all are too far gone in your Ten Hag out reasoning. You won't see any sense in anything else till he gets sacked.

Nitrogen is asking why the club should take the blames for giving Ten Hag 100% control of transfers just after I've stated reasons it's on them. Says a lot.

You set City, Liverpool, Madrid, Ajax(Style of rebuild) e.t c as examples of how you want your team built. Which of these clubs operate with the manager in total control of transfers?

How do you operate a football club with such nativity?

You’re wasting your time. I’ve had this argument on and off for many years. We’ve changed back room staff, coach, players, etc. The only constant is those passive-aggressive owners.

https://archive.ph/HupEd This piece makes things clearer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 2:12pm On Oct 05, 2023
[quote author=akwesenana post=126214865][/quote]

But DeGea was not up to Onana's level when he was signed, no?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 2:15pm On Oct 05, 2023
🚨🚨🎙️| Ian Wright: "They can't blame McTominay and Fred anymore. The midfield is different, but it's still the same. No match control. No match management."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 2:16pm On Oct 05, 2023
🚨🚨🌕| Erik ten Hag is taking a softer approach to try and turn the situation around. He believes that players' confidence is so low that he is reluctant to show his anger in the dressing room, for fear of further undermining morale. [@alex_crook]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2023
izzou:

But DeGea was not up to Onana's level when he was signed, no?

De gea was even 22 while Onana joined at 27...

We all know the age at which Goalkeepers peak but of course, e no mean cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2023
🚨❌ Joel and Avram Glazer still aren’t ready to sell Manchester United. #MUFC [@MiguelDelaney]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 2:20pm On Oct 05, 2023
🚨🚨🌕| André Onana is reluctant to take time away from #mufc to play for Cameroon at the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in January after a difficult start to his career at Old Trafford. His priority is to focus on his new club. [@RobDawsonESPN]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2023
Jokerman:
🚨🚨🌕| André Onana is reluctant to take time away from #mufc to play for Cameroon at the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in January after a difficult start to his career at Old Trafford. His priority is to focus on his new club. [@RobDawsonESPN]

Make e dey go afcon ohhh. Let's have space to breathe. Overrated keeper angry

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2023
Is Onana better than Kovar United sold for peanut?
Ten Hag should give Bayindir a chance to show if he is good enough to be number 1.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 2:40pm On Oct 05, 2023
TrebleChamp:
Is Onana better than Kovar United sold for peanut?
Ten Hag should give Bayindir a chance to show if he is good enough to be number 1.

Oshey ManUtd DOF

🏃🏃🏃

(1) (2) (3) ... (13712) (13713) (13714) (13715) (13716) (13717) (13718) ... (14155) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.