Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13716) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8751495 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13713) (13714) (13715) (13716) (13717) (13718) (13719) ... (14158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:48pm On Oct 05, 2023
LostMyZeal:

Classed a troll, or he's always been a troll with his annoying meaningless stats

Who in their right senses would compare Bruno to KDB if not a troll

Coming from people who compared Mc Tominay with Rodri and Bruno with VDB . 🀣🀣

Search online, Bruno and KDB comparison is everywhere, and their on-field numbers are similar.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2023
TrebleChamp:
Is Onana better than Kovar United sold for peanut?
Ten Hag should give Bayindir a chance to show if he is good enough to be number 1.

Treble are you attributing Man U's sh!tty performance to poor goal keeping?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2023
AdisaOwala:

De gea was even 22 while Onana joined at 27...

We all know the age at which Goalkeepers peak but of course, e no mean cheesy

Hehe, you go explain tire.

De Gea was already a regular starter for Ath. Madrid and he joined the current EPL Champions and UCL finalist. Even in his first season, he was the only player playing below par.

Onana joined a useless team playing a style totally different from what he's used to (Barcelona Academy, Ajax and Inter).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2023
Aside from those just trolling (lol, it's allowed)...

Is there anyone here that believes that our problem is from Onana (the goal keeper)?

Come forward with your thesis let's reason together. smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 3:17pm On Oct 05, 2023
main24:

Treble are you attributing Man U's sh!tty performance to poor goal keeping?
Nope, performance is shitty due to poor taktiks and terrible players management by Ten Hag. Am just saying he should give the other goalkeeper a chance, let's see if he is a good shot stopper who can also play out from the back. I saw Kovar in pre-season and i have watch some clips too, he looks a good shot stopper and very good with his feet.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YourBestWriter: 3:20pm On Oct 05, 2023
Anybody that asks how Newcastle got it right in a small space of time, and at the same time say that the glazers are not Manchester united's problem is a hypocrite. A big hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 3:22pm On Oct 05, 2023
main24:

Is there anyone here that believes that our problem is from Onana (the goal keeper)?

United have had countless terrible games where De Gea turned out the hero, a good goalkeeper will almost always keep his team in games with miraculous saves/performance. United should have gone for a better goalkeeper or keep Kovar as first choice...

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 3:23pm On Oct 05, 2023
Newcastle and PSG are perfect examples of how a team should/shouldn't be run.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 3:29pm On Oct 05, 2023
TrebleChamp:
Nope, performance is shitty due to poor taktiks and terrible players management by Ten Hag. Am just saying he should give the other goalkeeper a chance, let's see if he is a good shot stopper who can also play out from the back. I saw Kovar in pre-season and i have watch some clips too, he looks a good shot stopper and very good with his feet.

I agree with you 100%.

But if Kovar is a better goal keeper, don't you think it will make us feel we are improving, simply because we are being saved by the goal keeper?

We are in this hole now because DDG was saving us last season (except his bad days), and at the other end Rashford was scoring goals.
No more individual brilliance, it's a short term fix but useless on the longrun.

what do you think?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 3:33pm On Oct 05, 2023
TrebleChamp:
United have had countless terrible games where De Gea turned out the hero, a good goalkeeper will almost always keep his team in games with miraculous saves/performance. United should have gone for a better goalkeeper or keep Kovar as first choice...

- what is the longrun effect when the whole team is carried by their goal keeper?

- is there any successful club being carried by their goal keeper?

- what do we want? short term fix or long term fix?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YourBestWriter: 3:41pm On Oct 05, 2023
Glazers out
Jim ratclife out

They can sack the managers as much as they can, but as long as the glazers are still there, the club will always be a commercial, career killing club.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 4:23pm On Oct 05, 2023
akwesenana:
We go beat Copenhagen twice, carry win for Gala away, and play draw with Bayern for OT.

UCL Round of 16, we go dey there!

We go win Bayern too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 4:27pm On Oct 05, 2023
main24:

Was DDG the problem last season?

We said we needed midfielders and defenders, but everyone said it was DDG and once we replace him we'd play better.

We've replaced him and we're not playing better... I don't understand what reason you're looking for again. Or were you not here last season?

I don't do this, but I can bring receipts... Lots of it too.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 4:39pm On Oct 05, 2023
main24:

I agree with you 100%.

But if Kovar is a better goal keeper, don't you think it will make us feel we are improving, simply because we are being saved by the goal keeper?

We are in this hole now because DDG was saving us last season (except his bad days), and at the other end Rashford was scoring goals.
No more individual brilliance, it's a short term fix but useless on the longrun.

what do you think?
I agree, this is where the Manager's tactical nous is really needed. It is his job to get the players playing like a team, and drop any player who isn't doing what is expected of him..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2023
main24:

- what is the longrun effect when the whole team is carried by their goal keeper?

- is there any successful club being carried by their goal keeper?

- what do we want? short term fix or long term fix?
A terrible goalkeeper will cause damage to a team like United which find it difficult to keep the ball and control games, Pep Barcelona or Ma city Team will do well with Onana like they did with Valdes and currently Ederson, because they always have more of possession and dominate games.
Manchester United is a counter attacking team......

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 4:46pm On Oct 05, 2023
TrebleChamp:
Is Onana better than Kovar United sold for peanut?
Ten Hag should give Bayindir a chance to show if he is good enough to be number 1.

Lol... Make TenHag bench him former player?? 🀣🀣
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2023
Expert17:

Hehe, you go explain tire.

De Gea was already a regular starter for Ath. Madrid and he joined the current EPL Champions and UCL finalist. Even in his first season, he was the only player playing below par.

Onana joined a useless team playing a style totally different from what he's used to (Barcelona Academy, Ajax and Inter).

How can a team that won a cup, and finished 4th be useless?? Bro?😬
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TLona1: 4:55pm On Oct 05, 2023
Masterclass defending πŸ‘πŸ½

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TLona1: 4:59pm On Oct 05, 2023
LostMyZeal:

Classed a troll, or he's always been a troll with his annoying meaningless stats

Who in their right senses would compare Bruno to KDB if not a troll

I don't understand for that Expert17 guy.

Funny thing is all his arguments on Bruno vs KDB are based of IFs. He has no concrete reason as to why Bruno is on par with KDB... Just IFs, IFs and IFs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 5:04pm On Oct 05, 2023
main24:

This question is coming one season late

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 5:13pm On Oct 05, 2023
odizeey:

This question is coming one season late

Odizeey, I have always maintained that DDG should not be changed because that is not our priority, you can go through my posts last season.

Whichever keeper is used, I will always support that keeper.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 5:14pm On Oct 05, 2023
TrebleChamp:
A terrible goalkeeper will cause damage to a team like United who find it difficult to keep the ball and control games, Pep Barcelona or Ma city Team will do well with Onana like they did with Valdes and currently Elder son, because they always have more of possession and dominate games.
Manchester United is a counter attacking team......

Cool. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 5:18pm On Oct 05, 2023
kozmicity:

Was DDG the problem last season?

We said we needed midfielders and defenders, but everyone said it was DDG and once we replace him we'd play better.

We've replaced him and we're not playing better... I don't understand what reason you're looking for again. Or were you not here last season?

I don't do this, but I can bring receipts... Lots of it too.

kozmicity, go through my post and bring my receipts on DDG and Onana. I will wait grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 5:27pm On Oct 05, 2023
eph12 and TrebleChamp, are you watching Beckham's documentary on Netflix?

Question:
assuming SAF was in this twitter era, do you think he would have been allowed 4 years of winning nothing, plus too strict coaching style?
p.s; no sentiment, just discussion. smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2023
TrebleChamp:
We have other goalkeepers? Who is our second keeper abeg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 5:45pm On Oct 05, 2023
YourBestWriter:
Glazers out
Jim ratclife out

They can sack the managers as much as they can, but as long as the glazers are still there, the club will always be a commercial, career killing club.
Some one that gets it. Only one denominator has been constant during our terrible years. We have hired world class managers, amateurs, potential worldbeaters, dripping with experience. We can sack ETH tomorrow, the next manager will not be better. ETH as far as I'm concerned is not really that bad sha

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2023
melodyogonna:

Some one that gets it. Only one denominator has been constant during our terrible years. We have hired world class managers, amateurs, potential worldbeaters, dripping with experience. We can ETH tomorrow, the next manager will not be better. ETH as far as I'm concerned is not really that bad sha

Did we have different owners when we were dominating the EPL/Europe between 2005 and 2011?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Did we have different owners when we were dominating the EPL/Europe between 2005 and 2011?
You know who we had.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2023
melodyogonna:

You know who we had.

Please tell us o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:09pm On Oct 05, 2023
main24:
ep.h12 and Trebl.eChamp, are you watching Beckham's documentary on Netflix?

Question:
assuming SAF was in this twitter era, do you think he would have been allowed 4 years of winning nothing, plus too strict coaching style?
p.s; no sentiment, just discussion. smiley
No I haven't.

Do you think SAF would have won nothing in his first 4 years in this twitter era?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:10pm On Oct 05, 2023
melodyogonna:

Some one that gets it. Only one denominator has been constant during our terrible years. We have hired world class managers, amateurs, potential worldbeaters, dripping with experience. We can ETH tomorrow, the next manager will not be better. ETH as far as I'm concerned is not really that bad sha
What will the new owner do differently that will make you happy? Or just the presence of a new owner is enough to make things better?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2023
If Marseille can be doing this to Brighton, them suppose light Erik 7 Hag bald headπŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«

(1) (2) (3) ... (13713) (13714) (13715) (13716) (13717) (13718) (13719) ... (14158) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: nitrogen(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.