Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,968 members, 7,863,447 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:54 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8872655 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1370) (1371) (1372) (1373) (1374) (1375) (1376) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
ChristineC:
Manchester United created 9 chances to QPR's 12 on Saturday, it wasn't a solid defensive performance or the much chanted team balance after all. Man-of-the-Match still went to David de Gea.

I'm of the opinion that the recent tactics employed by Louis van Gaal will make top players reject moves to Manchester United because the way I see it, there are not many wingbacks in the world of football right now. Center backs used to the three back system are also few. These guys may dread playing out of position or adapting to an alien system.

Louis van Gaal is after the likes of Gareth Bale but I don't see where he will really fit in, considering we have Angel di Maria already out of position, Nani and Wilfried Zaha still in the equation, Luke Shaw and Rafael da Silva losing faith, among so many other factors.

I'm not too sure defenders like Hummels, Otamendi or Varane not used to a back three pattern will like to make the switch if system remain constant.
I believe negotiation with the said player solves that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2015
dopeJemi:
I swear to God, na me go follow elampawa fight if he defend rooney today, coogar no just talk anything abeg, leave am to me if he raise any rooney issue angry

This man, so you wanted to start a fight you couldn't have won? The whole team was abysmal and Rooney was not even near the worst. If you blamed him for not providing the inspiration to lift the team, that could have been understood. How could you guys have blamed Rooney and over looked the woeful display served by Mata and Di Maria in that first half?

All these sentiments are what put me off.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:56pm On Jan 20, 2015
Ibime:
I dey laugh British Press hailing Rooney as Manure's new midfield 'answer'.

That ninja is incompetent in midfield.

His percentage pass completion would make even Ramires weep.

Pass accuracy na food?

Even sef, that match is not to be used as a yard stick for any Man United player's overall's ability. A match Mata had 71% pass accuracy tells every other story.

If one considers 'a whole' Mata had 71% pass accuracy, then why the hullabaloo on Rooney's 77% pass accuracy?

As for the midfield role. I am sure even Rooney is getting tired of the role. Again, no Man United central midfielder has been consistent. Herrera has had very bad days that you would prefer he get sent to 3SC, Fellaini has had his own. Carrick and Blind are defensive midfielders. So they don't come in here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
BinghiNya:
Ahmed musa should cost united 70milla pounds with the way di maria is playing like a fc of manchester player, the purchase of these guys should probed. Why was the world class mata withdrawn(mata was shyte) just like the coach and the team in general. Thanks to Rooney to Valencia and fellaini, we would have droPped points again. Dimaria has no business starting for united with his amateurish game play in the past couple of games. If we concede na rooney, if evans slips up na rooney, if the goal post denies united na rooney yet LVG dare not bench him, can we see the pass rates of other players to compare.

Gbam!

Don't mind them. I got to realize they many post with sentiments, hence no need to bother again. They don't know ball.

This was a match the entire team had concluded that it was going to be difficult due to the size of the pitch (according to Mata, Gaal, and co) and the fact that the Harry Redknap needed to start fighting for his job.

* Players with highest key passes: Di Maria 3, Rooney 2

* Highest passes attempted, Rooney 86, Rojo, 69, Carrick 65. (Mata 31 and Fellaini 31 combined= 62), only 5 players had above 42 passes.

* Unsuccessful touches. Di Maria 5, Falcao 2, Rooney 0. (seven players had unsuccessful touches)

* Number of touches. Rooney 100 (no unsuccessful touch), Rojo 89, Jones 82, Val 79, Carrick 72, Marai 64, Blind 55.

* Dispossession: Di Maria 4, Falcao 2, Mata 1, Rooney 1, Evans 1, Blind 1.

* Highest whoscored rating: Rojo 8.3, Jones 8.3, Val 7.9, Fellaini, 7.8, Rooney 7.7
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:36pm On Jan 20, 2015
More stats

* Highest tackles: Rojo 5, Rooney 4, Val 3, Fellaini 2, The rest players 1 each, except Carrick and Blind who recorded zeros.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
More:
From midfield action:

.................... Rooney.. Carrick... Mata
Total duels......... 13.......4..........3
Total duels won.....9.......0..........1
Aerial duels won...2........0 .........0
Aerial duels lost....0........1.........0
Recoveries..........10........6.........2

More midfield:

.................... Fellaini.. Blind ... Valencia
Total duels......... 8.........8..........8
Total duels won....5........2...........5
Aerial duels won...1........2 .........0
Aerail duels lost....1.......,3.........1
Recoveries...........1........7.........8

More:

.................... Jones.. Rojo... Evans
Total duels......... 9......16..........6
Total duels won.....9.......10.........4
Aerial duels won...5........5 .........1
Aerail duels lost....0........4.........0
Recoveries..........3.........9........3

More:

.................... Falcao.. Di Maria...Wilson
Total duels......... 17.......14........4
Total duels won....10.......3..........1
Aerial duels won...4........0 .........0
Aerail duels lost....2........0.........1
Recoveries...........5........3.........1

* What else did did they want from Rooney again? He had 2 key passes and gave an intelligent pass to Valencia in the build up to the goal.
* Rooney did his job as a midfielder (in a poor day for the team). If una like, make una dey continue to dey write with bad belly. Na una know.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:25pm On Jan 20, 2015
A Survey

1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
Before I exit.

Man City is nothing without Yaya Toure. City has only won one match out of their last four matches. That was the only one Toure featured. If not he is African, he would be the 3rd person going for Ballon d'or.

Does any Rastafarian still think Ramsey is better? I mentioned Yaya and Fabgregas as my favourite before the start of the season. Some one even asked then, 'which Fabregas'? Ukwu!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
ChristineC:
A Survey

all these surveys are the reasons van gaal would persist with 3-5-2. he loves controversy and his records speak for itself - so he's not like moyes that can be intimidated by the media or online poll.

people of holland nearly committed suicide when LVG revealed he would be playing 5-3-2/3-5-2 at the world cup. the media went after him that the dutch philosophy is 4-3-3. LVG told em to fück off and he guided holland to a 3rd position with one of the weakest dùtch teams ever.

i fully expect him to use 3-5-2 in the next 5 games. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:47pm On Jan 20, 2015
coogar:

all these surveys are the reasons van gaal would persist with 3-5-2. he loves controversy and his records speak for itself - so he's not like moyes that can be intimidated by the media or online poll.

people of holland nearly committed suicide when LVG revealed he would be playing 5-3-2/3-5-2 at the world cup. the media went after him that the dutch philosophy is 4-3-3. LVG told em to fück off and he guided holland to a 3rd position with one of the weakest dùtch teams ever.

i fully expect him to use 3-5-2 in the next 5 games. grin
I believe it's his cross to bear, but if he so believes in it and switches to 4-4-2 when it's clear he won't pick up the points at stake; then he's displaying cowardly traits. It's that simple really.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:55pm On Jan 20, 2015
ChristineC:

I believe it's his cross to bear, but if he so believes in it and switches to 4-4-2 when it's clear he won't pick up the points at stake; then he's displaying cowardly traits. It's that simple really.

the philosophy is to control possession. if our players refuse to do something meaningful with the possession then it's their fault. van gaal has cracked the code for them - it's up to them to use the code to the maximum advantage.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:03pm On Jan 20, 2015
coogar:

the philosophy is to control possession. if our players refuse to do something meaningful with the possession then it's their fault. van gaal has cracked the code for them - it's up to them to use the code to the maximum advantage.
There will be no Jupiter that will make him retain his job if he misses the top four, the players will remain because they are world class players. Nobody will remember that Manchester United kept a lot of possession in the 2014\2015 season. LOL

The officiating referee from this Liverpool vs Chelsea is pathetic tho

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:13pm On Jan 20, 2015
ChristineC:

There will be no Jupiter that will make him retain his job if he misses the top four, the players will remain because they are world class players. Nobody will remember that Manchester United kept a lot of possession in the 2014\2015 season. LOL

his job is safe & he would finish in the top 4 by default. i don't like the 3-5-2 formation at all but we are starting to use it as a cheap excuse for the laziness and the lack of technique of our players.

3-5-2 is not to blame for rooney's inability to apply a decent first touch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Digriz(m): 11:11pm On Jan 20, 2015
ChristineC:

I thought I was the only one that noticed that, that Ref always favors Chelsea.. Atkinson or what is his name.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
coogar:

his job is safe & he would finish in the top 4 by default. i don't like the 3-5-2 formation at all but we are starting to use it as a cheap excuse for the laziness and the lack of technique of our players.

3-5-2 is not to blame for rooney's inability to apply a decent first touch.
His job is not safe. The full-time backing he has been getting from the fans is wavering already because the voice of concern now is that his tactics and formation are causing harm to the squad efficiency, how long before it infect the players themselves, and pass on to board of directors?

His job rests on some factors, prime on the list is Manchester United's final standing on the log and the players calmness with his methods!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:58pm On Jan 20, 2015
It is funny to read some delusive opinions that Rooney is given a deeper role because he can not meet up in the more advanced roles. The only reason that Rooney is in central midfield is because he is the only one in the team who can play there and reduce the burden on defence (defensive midfield and back three). The next person is Fellaini. The rest are feather weights.

If a world class CM arrived today, Rooney would be given his proper position. Captain or not.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 5:49am On Jan 21, 2015
elampiro:
Before I exit.

Man City is nothing without Yaya Toure. City has only won one match out of their last four matches. That was the only one Toure featured. If not he is African, he would be the 3rd person going for Ballon d'or.

Does any Rastafarian still think Ramsey is better? I mentioned Yaya and Fabgregas as my favourite before the start of the season. Some one even asked then, 'which Fabregas'? Ukwu!!!
haba they are not rastafarians, better call them babylonians.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:47am On Jan 21, 2015
which ones be Babylonians again
Digriz:
I thought I was the only one that noticed that, that Ref always favors Chelsea.. Atkinson or what is his name.
na so na, they all keep mute like it never happens but make one bold decision favor City or United - na their fans go scream PDP tire.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 21, 2015
And someone was telling me that Wayne Rooney is better than Marco Reus undecided..... SMH
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 21, 2015
And this is the time when we pray for an injury, for Rooney.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 1:42pm On Jan 21, 2015
suxxman:
And this is the time when we pray for an injury, for Rooney.

No matter how shitty Rooney may seem, no Man Utd fan would pray for him to get injured. You've got to admit, deep down every fan wants him to be at his best all times.

Anyway, LvG say captain fantastic must play... Even if he gets injured, he'll get crutches for him to play with. tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emaprince: 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2015
Stolen laptop sellers crying over chelsea match..smh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 7:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
Radamel Falcao's season in numbers

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:25pm On Jan 21, 2015
On LVG;

We all know dat LVG ,despite fans n Media pressure ,won't change his formation so we will hope dat as with d QPR case,he tweaks his formation as at when due in order to eke out d desired result

On transfer affairs;

I think we really need one or two signings to complement d squad ,particularly in d defense department ,d likes of Evans n Jones should be relegated to playing fa n Carling cup matches or better still,sold out ...we may den go for pogba in d summer as his agent recently confirmed dat he could leave juve ... I read somewhere dat no club wants Anderson so he will see out his contract which ends this summer... still no news on ddg's contract ish

On the Rooney/elampiro affair;

@Elampiro welcome back from wherever u went but we currently do not need a Wayne Rooney defense attorney right now so please stow away ur stats for now, we all agree dat Rooney is shyte in midfield n he needs to sit out our next 3/4 games in order to rest n give ander Herrera chance to play

my opinions
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2015
parrotibaba:
On LVG;

We all know dat LVG ,despite fans n Media pressure ,won't change his formation so we will hope dat as with d QPR case,he tweaks his formation as at when due in order to eke out d desired result

On transfer affairs;

I think we really need one or two signings to complement d squad ,particularly in d defense department ,d likes of Evans n Jones should be relegated to playing fa n Carling cup matches or better still,sold out ...we may den go for pogba in d summer as his agent recently confirmed dat he could leave juve ... I read somewhere dat no club wants Anderson so he will see out his contract which ends this summer... still no news on ddg's contract ish

@Elampiro welcome back from wherever u went but we currently do not need a Wayne Rooney defense attorney right now so please stow away ur stats for now, we all agree dat Rooney is shyte in midfield n he needs to sit out our next 3/4 games in order to rest n give ander Herrera chance to play

my opinions
Interesting!grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:35pm On Jan 21, 2015
Rumor says United submits £60m for Pogba.

if this is true, SAF should better donate half of the funds angry cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:03pm On Jan 21, 2015
parrotibaba:
On LVG;

On transfer affairs;

my opinions

In as much I have nothing against the use of Herrera in his natural position while Rooney pushes up to his position, I would like to point out that Herrera has not justified selection into the midfield ahead of Rooney. Let me refresh your memory.

Yes, Herrera came in on 60th minute mark to replace Rooney in midfield against Southampton. He contributed nothing. I mean NOTHING. Instead he was eaten for dinner by Wanyama. Carrick suddenly lost his ability and gave away three straight balls with one leading to the goal we conceded. Herrera has also had very bad days. And he has yet to have an excellent day like Rooney had against Liverpool. Rooney partnered carrick against Liverpool in a direct two-man centre midfield.

In a nutshell, I am yet to be convinced that a two man midfield of Carrick and Herrra can fly. Carrick+Rooney or Carrick+Fellaini are the ideal settings.

I would love to see Rooney get a rest this weekend while he returns to the front job in the next match. But Gaal knows these guys better in training and why he combines them that way.

But wait o. Stats are facts. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:07pm On Jan 21, 2015
elampiro:

In as much I have nothing against the use of Herrera in his natural position while Rooney pushes up to his position, I would like to point out that Herrera has not justified to get into the midfield ahead of Rooney. Let me refresh your memory.

Yes, Herrera came in on 60th minute mark to replace Rooney in midfield against Southampton. He contributed nothing. I mean NOTHING. Instead he was eaten for dinner by Wanyama. Carrick suddenly lost his ability and gave away three straight balls with one leading to the goal we conceded. Herrera has also had very bad days. And he has yet to have an excellent day like Rooney had against Liverpool. Rooney partnered carrick against Liverpool in a direct two-man centre midfield.

In a nutshell, I am yet to be convinced that a two man midfield of Carrick and Herrra can fly. Carrick+Rooney or Carrick+Fellanin are the ideal settings.

I would love to see Rooney get a rest this weekend while he returns to the front job in the next match. But Gaal knows these guys better in training and why he combines them that way.

But wait o. Stats are facts. grin
in essence, Rooney is a better midfielder or Herrera made Carrick give away the ball for a goal against United?? which one exactly cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:26pm On Jan 21, 2015
SailorXY:

in essence, Rooney is a better midfielder or Herrera made Carrick give away the ball for a goal against United?? which one exactly cheesy

Mention one thing Herrera did in that match. He mad 13 passes in 30 minutes. I don't think the guy will complement Carrick well, particularly against teams like Southampton, Leicester, Stoke, etc. He is a bit tough and fast, but he needs time to adjust to the EPL style.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:18am On Jan 22, 2015
elampiro:

Mention one thing Herrera did in that match. He mad 13 passes in 30 minutes. I don't think the guy will complement Carrick well, particularly against teams like Southampton, Leicester, Stoke, etc. He is a bit tough and fast, but he needs time to adjust to the EPL style.
you didn't answer my question
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:31am On Jan 22, 2015
SailorXY:
you didn't answer my question

I have since answered you.

If he were better than Rooney, we wouldn't be all over Europe looking for a midfielder.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:59am On Jan 22, 2015
elampiro:

I have since answered you.

If he were better than Rooney, we wouldn't be all over Europe looking for a midfielder.
but Herrera was good enough playing with Blind & di Maria this same season, and United were dominating games.

if van Gaal is stupid enough to play di Maria as a no. 9 & Rooney a CM in the same game, what does that tell you?

Carrick should be on the bench for Blind to partner Herrera and Fellaini/Valencia in a three-man midfield which is the most potent set-up van Gaal has for now via 4-3-1-2. this is not exactly quantum physics.

why are we still in the market searching for wingbacks that don't exist when we have competent full backs in the squad?

van Gaal dey crase, as much as he started well but recently, the man dey smoke igbo. forget matter

(1) (2) (3) ... (1370) (1371) (1372) (1373) (1374) (1375) (1376) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Lana1(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.