Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,458 members, 7,861,320 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:39 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13764) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8865353 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13761) (13762) (13763) (13764) (13765) (13766) (13767) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by metodman(m): 9:05pm On Oct 21, 2023
eph12:

Yeah chelshit, tottenham and LFC were poor last season, so it looked like we were fine. But when you sit down to watch how the team play you just know there will be a collapse soon.

We had some horrible horrible performances last season as well. I'm struggling not to call out ETH cos I really want him to succeed here... but....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 9:08pm On Oct 21, 2023
TrebleChamp:
Those of us with sense that saw the rubbish play last season called it out, but the other side said we were complaining because Ten Hag chased Ronaldo out of the club 😁. United only qualified for top 4 last season (which we almost missed out sef by not winning our outstanding matches) because Liverpool, Chelshit and Tottenham were shit. United might not make top 6 this season with the shitty football we play, unless miracle happens like last season..

Some fools even abused us last season....🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:08pm On Oct 21, 2023
YourBestWriter:

Sheffield lost heavily at their last home match. You don't expect them to be easy. And manutd players are mostly average players, so you shouldn't expect much from them.
Don't come at me with that average line of defence, I am not buying it.

Is there a player in that Sheffield squad that will make our bench?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 9:08pm On Oct 21, 2023
kozmicity:
Thank God, it seems Onana is finding is his feet. He has been very solid for us today.

The team lacks cohesiveness, I don't know what they're doing in training... The first 35 minutes were an absolute horror to watch. How come we're not still playing possession footy regardless of the change of keeper?

I don't want to say this about Bruno but he needs to calm the Bleep down.

Let's hope the coach reminds them to keep moving into space for this second half and keeping to short passes unless they want to switch sides of the pitch.

The emboldened belief is what I have a serious problem with....

No be all of us watch the team last season?

Ball -playing GK should be the final jigsaw but we are nowhere near that stage yet - as a matter of fact, we are miles away and shouldn't even be thinking in that direction for now

Team wey no fit do the basics, na im una dey reason ball playing goalkeeper for?

Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JoeOdion(m): 9:10pm On Oct 21, 2023
Watch us huff and puff until the 90th minute hoping for a McTominay goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:10pm On Oct 21, 2023
nitrogen:
Not sure that guy is with us. He is clearly against man utd. Just disguising.
theworstwriter? Please he has friends in you k giving him inside gist cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:11pm On Oct 21, 2023
TrebleChamp:
Those of us with sense that saw the rubbish play last season called it out, but the other side said we were complaining because Ten Hag chased Ronaldo out of the club 😁. United only qualified for top 4 last season (which we almost missed out sef by not winning our outstanding matches) because Liverpool, Chelshit and Tottenham were shit. United might not make top 6 this season with the shitty football we play, unless miracle happens like last season..
This was how some people continued to make excuses for OGS until they ran out of excuses. They should continue

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 9:13pm On Oct 21, 2023
Next week na Man city...😒
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:14pm On Oct 21, 2023
metodman:

We had some horrible horrible performances last season as well. I'm struggling not to call out ETH cos I really want him to succeed here... but....
I really want him to succeed here but I'm not sure he wants to succeed. He needs to ask for help asap
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kizolo(m): 9:15pm On Oct 21, 2023
See McT wey them put for midfield dey drag frontline with striker. We just have rubbish players everywhere man
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:16pm On Oct 21, 2023
eph12:

It may not be this bad but we weren't good for majority of last season. We had a Rashford that picked form and we managed to keep it tight at the back while Rashford scored at the other end. When he lost the form, we struggled and almost lost top 4.

Remember DDG won the golden glove? We didn't score a lot but we also managed to keep it tight at the back for majority of the games

Haba.

Don’t let your emotions or agenda blind you.

We started last season badly. But after the first 2 games, we picked up form. We defeated Arsenal and other teams whilst going on an unbeaten run.

The games against Leeds and Crystal palace were the ones where we underwhelmed. Casemiro’s red card saga. The Arsenal away lord comes to mind too, but it was a tight game.

Our season started going bad shortly after the 7-0 Liverpool loss. And that was in March or April. That was when Varane and Lisandro Martinez got injured.

But we managed to pick ourself up and stop a rampaging Liverpool from clinching top 4.

Last season wasn’t exceptional but it’s not as bad as this season. 8 games into last season were were in the top 2 or close to it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 9:16pm On Oct 21, 2023
eph12:

theworstwriter? Please he has friends in you k giving him inside gist cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 9:17pm On Oct 21, 2023
This Sheffield team is actually poor, yet we are struggling like this??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:17pm On Oct 21, 2023
Positive is that Onana has been very good today...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 9:19pm On Oct 21, 2023
See Rashford and Hojlund

A decent team woulda punished Sheffield there

God when??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:19pm On Oct 21, 2023
What da fvck 😮
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:20pm On Oct 21, 2023
Antony cannot make a decent cross
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 9:21pm On Oct 21, 2023
Rashford
Smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 9:22pm On Oct 21, 2023
Chai, that was close.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2023
No urgency at all.

Why is McTom playing so forward. It's only Amrabat in the middle and we intend to control the game and create chances.

ETH is a fraud.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2023
Omo possession against City next week fit be 90/10 😁😁
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 9:27pm On Oct 21, 2023
Why sub off Hojlund?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:28pm On Oct 21, 2023
He is taking out Hojlund that is holding up play well, but will leave Trashford on....

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by metodman(m): 9:30pm On Oct 21, 2023
eph12:

I really want him to succeed here but I'm not sure he wants to succeed. He needs to ask for help asap

From where? He has been backed if we must be honest.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 9:31pm On Oct 21, 2023
Lol...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:32pm On Oct 21, 2023
Leyqute:

Haba.

Don’t let your emotions or agenda blind you.

We started last season badly. But after the first 2 games, we picked up form. We defeated Arsenal and other teams whilst going on an unbeaten run.

The games against Leeds and Crystal palace were the ones where we underwhelmed. Casemiro’s red card saga. The Arsenal away lord comes to mind too, but it was a tight game.

Our season started going bad shortly after the 7-0 Liverpool loss. And that was in March or April. That was when Varane and Lisandro Martinez got injured.

But we managed to pick ourself up and stop a rampaging Liverpool from clinching top 4.

Last season wasn’t exceptional but it’s not as bad as this season. 8 games into last season were were in the top 2 or close to it.
Your definition of good is definitely different from mine. The game we beat assnal, they wanted to kill us. We were lucky, but you wouldn't remember that if you're just after the final result. Unfortunately I look at how we arrived at the result and see if we can reproduce it 9 times out of 10. Eriksen and Casemiro were good for some time and it was fun while it lasted. But Eriksen lost his legs and became a liability. We struggled to control games last season. We created very few chances. We even had Weghorst chasing shadows and fighting gidigbo in the midfield. Even when we got to the Carling cup final and won it, I remember complaining about how we were playing and we were going to collapse soon. Even when we won I still complained because it's obvious we're struggling even against the worst teams in the league. Maybe you've forgotten but I still remember. I don't watch or argue football with emotions. Nothing concern me and agenda unless I want to banter you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:33pm On Oct 21, 2023
metodman:

From where? He has been backed if we must be honest.
Looks like the only thing remaining is for Glazers to sell the club
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2023
The pressure is on now, they should take advantage of it biko....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2023
Wait..

Na only 1point Sheffield get so far this season? shocked shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2023
Garnacho Omo ope.... Let's do this
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:39pm On Oct 21, 2023
See the difference in our midfield play after Eriksen replaced McTominay, if only Ten Hag had used that Mount money to sign a proper CM....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:39pm On Oct 21, 2023
eph12:

Your definition of good is definitely different from mine. The game we beat assnal, they wanted to kill us. We were lucky, but you wouldn't remember that if you're just after the final result. Unfortunately I look at how we arrived at the result and see if we can reproduce it 9 times out of 10. Eriksen and Casemiro were good for some time and it was fun while it lasted. But Eriksen lost his legs and became a liability. We struggled to control games last season. We created very few chances. We even had Weghorst chasing shadows and fighting gidigbo in the midfield. Even when we got to the Carling cup final and won it, I remember complaining about how we were playing and we were going to collapse soon. Even when we won I still complained because it's obvious we're struggling even against the worst teams in the league. Maybe you've forgotten but I still remember. I don't watch or argue football with emotions. Nothing concern me and agenda unless I want to banter you

Even when we played Barcelona and came back from losing positions severally to win games around March?

Well, there's no point continuing this discussion then if that's how you see things.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13761) (13762) (13763) (13764) (13765) (13766) (13767) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.