Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13767) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8793286 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13764) (13765) (13766) (13767) (13768) (13769) (13770) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 10:26am On Oct 22, 2023
Jokerman:
🚨 | Graham Potter is a possible candidate for the #mufc job if Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s team decide to get rid of Erik ten Hag. Sir Dave Brailsford is a fan and wanted him at Nice too. [@reluctantnicko]

If this is true, then man utd never ready to get to higher levels again...😂😬

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 10:28am On Oct 22, 2023
Jokerman:
🚨 | Graham Potter is a possible candidate for the #mufc job if Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s team decide to get rid of Erik ten Hag. Sir Dave Brailsford is a fan and wanted him at Nice too. [@reluctantnicko]
I just hope it's from that your ridiculous source.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:40am On Oct 22, 2023
izzou:

My brother, na here i dey use relieve stress after Nigeria tries to strangle me daily. grin

Agenda yakpa.

Team wey bottle 2 goal lead at their home ground sef dey get mouth dey talk for here.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 10:42am On Oct 22, 2023
Englishisamust:
If we can beat city nextweek, we should be able to contest for the league
Typo?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:56am On Oct 22, 2023
I cant lie Maguire has been decent. ETH should just be rotating his CBs like that. Keep them competetive and on their toes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 11:34am On Oct 22, 2023
Lana1:
I cant lie Maguire has been decent. ETH should just be rotating his CBs like that. Keep them competetive and on their toes

I swear, I want to talk about this before!!! Love the way he was giving decent pass yesterday.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 11:34am On Oct 22, 2023
larride:

Team wey bottle 2 goal lead at their home ground sef dey get mouth dey talk for here.

He no get shamee naa!!! grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 11:38am On Oct 22, 2023
Nezzjnr:

Typo?

If shaw and Martinez is back and we can also be consistent, I don't see any reason we should not win league this season!!! Man city is leading us with 6 point..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 11:41am On Oct 22, 2023
Ballzproblemm:
delusion/madness

Shekpitefc fans self dey talk!!! grin grin ;DIt is very sure for man u to win league and champions league than Chelsea to make top 6 this season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Gambit001: 12:26pm On Oct 22, 2023
Englishisamust:

If shaw and Martinez is back and we can also be consistent, I don't see any reason we should not win league this season!!! Man city is leading us with 6 point..
I don't know what you're on, but I want some of them grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:41pm On Oct 22, 2023
A video showing some of the skills of the great Sir Bobby Charlton. There are not many players who had as much shooting ability and as good a passing range in both feet. The only thing that gave away his dominant foot was his dribbling, as he usually preferred dribbling with his left foot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY16yzhFf6M

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by oluwasunkanmi97(m): 1:48pm On Oct 22, 2023
afrodoc2:

A video showing some of the skills of the great Sir Bobby Charlton. There are not many players who had as much shooting ability and as good a passing range in both feet. The only thing that gave away his dominant foot was his dribbling, as he usually preferred dribbling with his left foot.

cool cool
One of the English players who were worth the hype unlike what they have now.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:53pm On Oct 22, 2023
oluwasunkanmi97:

cool cool
One of the English players who were worth the hype unlike what they have now.

Yes, one of the few. He is the England GOAT as well as the Manchester United GOAT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwnQZ4um0UA

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2023
Amrabat covered massive ground yesterday, man's a workaholic..Kudos to Maguire too, he's been very solid..

I'd love to see Amrabat and Maino together though..

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 5:31pm On Oct 22, 2023
dreamxhaser:

I don't want to go into conspiracies. But if you want to rig well, u will try your best to make it look natural. That match with Saudi was all part of the game plan.

Didn't tinubu loose Lagos?

LoL... don't mind them. They sure know that match was a smokescreen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2023
The top 4 this season looks scary 😱
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YourBestWriter: 6:53pm On Oct 22, 2023
afrodoc2:

Along with his legendary status, he is also a symbol of manutd history. Haven survived the plane crash in Munich and won manutd its first champions league.

R.I.p to the legend
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2023
Antony has 3 league goal contributions in the last 375 days 🤣🤣🤣

Well TenHalf will still start him though...😬
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kizolo(m): 7:51pm On Oct 22, 2023
Jokerman:

That guy is so unproductive. No cross dey his right leg, no dribble dey his left leg. We don see am finish, he can’t pull off any surprise. Waste
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 8:02pm On Oct 22, 2023
Coconut head!! he no dey hear word.. why did man u use to parade all this indiscipline players self. I doubt this one can work with ten hag that is very strict!!!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:12pm On Oct 22, 2023
YourBestWriter:

Along with his legendary status, he is also a symbol of manutd history. Haven survived the plane crash in Munich and won manutd its first champions league.

R.I.p to the legend

Yes. Over 60yrs of service.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:52pm On Oct 22, 2023
Jokerman:

What do you mean?

He dey assist defense. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Onkoolos: 7:21am On Oct 23, 2023
odizeey:

What do you mean?

He dey assist defense. grin

Useless player wey ten hag buy... grin grin.... Amad go later bench the werey because that amad they give me saka vibes. I don't know how player will play 20 matches and he will not create chances, score or do assist!!!... Man u scout should stop using YouTube highlight to find players!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:28am On Oct 23, 2023
Jokerman:
The top 4 this season looks scary 😱

Top 4 don go longest time. I think i said it over a month ago. Our team is not well constructed and the other teams in contention have managers that are as good if not better than our manager. We can probably pray for a typical end of season Spurs collapse cos that is the only possible route into that top 4.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:34am On Oct 23, 2023
Onkoolos:

Useless player wey ten hag buy... grin grin.... Amad go later bench the werey because that amad they give me saka vibes. I don't know how player will play 20 matches and he will not create chances, score or do assist!!!... Man u scout should stop using YouTube highlight to find players!!!! grin grin grin

Unfortunately, this time we can't blame the scouts. ETH was his manager for 2 years at Ajax and he was the one that okayed the deal. One can criticize the management for going as high as 80m pounds for him because they initially dragged their feet but even for that ETH has to share in the blame. The rational reaction ETH should have given the club after hearing the potential fee was HELL NO!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 7:57am On Oct 23, 2023
afrodoc2:

Unfortunately, this time we can't blame the scouts. ETH was his manager for 2 years at Ajax and he was the one that okayed the deal. One can criticize the management for going as high as 80m pounds for him because they initially dragged their feet but even for that ETH has to share in the blame. The rational reaction ETH should have given the club after hearing the potential fee was HELL NO!

No blame to share,, Antony is 100% on ETH.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:26am On Oct 23, 2023
MRTA7:

No blame to share,, Antony is 100% on ETH.

Possibly. I am not going to die on that hill. I will say most of the blame is on him but it is rarely 100% one person’s fault. There are several other people being paid big bucks to do a job in that organisation.

Putting the blame 100% on one person without looking at the whole picture is why we keep regressing while sacking manager after manager. Nobody in that whole place could look ETH in the face and say, “excuse me sir but it is like your head is hitting the ground if you think this guy will be our new right wing star”, or look at Murtough and say “excuse me sir but it is like they are cooking on your head if you think this salsa dancer is worth 80m pounds”.

Heck Murtough and ETH should have been able to tell each other that.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:14am On Oct 23, 2023
Onkoolos:

That Amad be like who get village people problems. I no dey expect anything from am
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 9:52am On Oct 23, 2023
afrodoc2:

Possibly. I am not going to die on that hill. I will say most of the blame is on him but it is rarely 100% one person’s fault. There are several other people being paid big bucks to do a job in that organisation.

Putting the blame 100% on one person without looking at the whole picture is why we keep regressing while sacking manager after manager. Nobody in that whole place could look ETH in the face and say, “excuse me sir but it is like your head is hitting the ground if you think this guy will be our new right wing star”, or look at Murtough and say “excuse me sir but it is like they are cooking on your head if you think this salsa dancer is worth 80m pounds”.

Heck Murtough and ETH should have been able to tell each other that.

Some agreement with that. But first remember they wanted to back the new manager. secondly, They were not in the position to tell the manager that this player is not worth this money when the manager has just worked with this said player for the last few years. I can accept missteps for other signings but Antony one I cannot forget. Antony would not look out of place in the championship.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:08am On Oct 23, 2023
MRTA7:

Some agreement with that. But first remember they wanted to back the new manager. secondly, They were not in the position to tell the manager that this player is not worth this money when the manager has just worked with this said player for the last few years. I can accept missteps for other signings but Antony one I cannot forget. Antony would not look out of place in the championship.

I don't want to turn this into a long argument cos like i said it is majorly on ETH. I just want to ask you, after how many games did you start getting horror vibes about Antony?

I also don't agree with this mindset that the manager has to be backed up to the point of foolishness. Fans can think like that but not the top brass making the difficult decisions. If that is their mindset, then they probably should not be holding those jobs. This is how we blew hundreds of millions of dollars over the past decade while building a team that has not given us even 1 single full season of good quality football. This is also how we accumulated junk players who keep dragging the club down 2-3 years after the manager who hired them has been fired.

There have been several occasions in which Man City have pulled out of a deal because either the transfer fee was too high or the player demands were excessive, however nobody can turn around and claim that Pep was not backed. Backing the manager does not mean that those who are paid to carry out the due diligence should lose their cognitive ability.

P.S Yes, he won't look out of place in the championship. I can bet big money that he would not dominate even at that level. He is a nothing player and he would most likely still be stinking up the joint for us years after ETH has been fired.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 10:31am On Oct 23, 2023
I don't want to turn this into a long argument cos like i said it is majorly on ETH. I just want to ask you, after how many games did you start getting horror vibes about Antony? i was always optimistic because I wanted to trust ETH who worked with him. I saw he had a decent left foot[..but I am so alarmed by his lack of pace, physicality and general style.

I also don't agree with this mindset that the manager has to be backed up to the point of foolishness. Fans can think like that but not the top brass making the difficult decisions. If that is their mindset, then they probably should not be holding those jobs. This is how we blew hundreds of millions of dollars over the past decade while building a team that has not given us even 1 single full season of good quality football. This is also how we accumulated junk players who keep dragging the club down 2-3 years after the manager who hired them has been fired.

I agree it was the wrong move due to the crap we have on the football operations side. We have always known that. Sometimes, A manager has to be saved from themselves.

There have been several occasions in which Man City have pulled out of a deal because either the transfer fee was too high or the player demands were excessive, however nobody can turn around and claim that Pep was not backed. Backing the manager does not mean that those who are paid to carry out the due diligence should lose their cognitive ability. Agreed, This one is just too egregious

P.S Yes, he won't look out of place in the championship. I can bet big money that he would not dominate even at that level. He is a nothing player and he would most likely still be stinking up the joint for us years after ETH has been fired
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:39am On Oct 23, 2023
Even Mr Good ebening got Aston Villa playing exciting football. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13764) (13765) (13766) (13767) (13768) (13769) (13770) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.