Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,779 members, 7,851,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:12 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13875) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8841405 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13872) (13873) (13874) (13875) (13876) (13877) (13878) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 6:16am On Nov 30, 2023
ChristoBam:
Almost ready to give up on Onana. Not because I think he's not good enough. I just know how mentally tough you need to be to play for United. Not to talk of being a United goalkeeper.

The wall was terribly constructed and Onana didn't catch the movement of the ball early enough. But he let it get into his head as usual and went on to commit even a bigger blunder. Don't think he's mentally tough enough to play for United. Playing for United isn't for everyone unfortunately.

Are we going to to go through that phase of trying out different Goalkeepers before we find a perfect one for us? I hope not.

Even without Onana's blunder, this was always the period we'd get to see Bayindr with all the fixtures. So let's see what he's got also.

So what happens to the "Onana to mount" dream?

Are we just going to discard a ball-playing Goalkeeper just like that?

Is Ball-playing no longer more important than the basic/primary job of a Goalkeeper?

If we discard Onana now, wouldn't it affect ETH's playing style abi is the game no longer evolving again?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 6:30am On Nov 30, 2023
Englishisamust:
And that is foolish PA. Kingoffoolishness!!! grin grin

That one dey betting thread dey cast people tickets
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 6:32am On Nov 30, 2023
If Ancelloti rumours are true, I hope we go for it and discard all these mid coaches and players

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 6:32am On Nov 30, 2023
ETH with clean eyes wasted over $95m on two useless players this summer 😠😠..

How did we end up with a GK that can't win games for us ffs?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 6:41am On Nov 30, 2023
Not making it to the next round, should be a sackable offence for a team like Man utd.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Obere4u: 6:52am On Nov 30, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Expert17 please what did you see in this onana

Lol grin let await his response
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 7:06am On Nov 30, 2023
Next match that useless tenhag will use onana again and you will tell me Sancho dosent have audersity to para for that stupid coach with is Favouritism... Even if the second keeper is not good enough, Onana deserved to be bench!!!! Oloriburuku Favouritism coach!!! Later someone will telling me they are not enough hands or legs at the keeper position!!!... grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MorataFC: 7:21am On Nov 30, 2023
izzou:

Which conclusion did you now jump into?

Ehn?

grin grin grin may God forgive you.🤣
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:22am On Nov 30, 2023
TrebleChamp:
I hoped they will surprise me with a win, but i wasn't surprised they didn't surprise me with a win 😁. Anybody still getting angry or emotional over this United team needs serious help, just drag Ten Hag and the useless unserious players and move....
I'm hoping they can actually use this season to learn something.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:22am On Nov 30, 2023
CrystalTiger:
ETH with clean eyes wasted over $95m on two useless players this summer 😠😠..

How did we end up with a GK that can't win games for us ffs?
But he has won games for us
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:23am On Nov 30, 2023
eph12:

I'm hoping they can actually use this season to learn something.
Nothing them go learn.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:26am On Nov 30, 2023
If ETH fails to qualify from this group, he should be sacked...

Also, Onana should be dropped as he does not possess the right mentality to man the post for us.

De Gea will make one blunder but will produce several world class saves to keep us in the game but with Onana, after one mistake, his head drops.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:33am On Nov 30, 2023
Back to ETH, I mean that man is really tactically inept.

When Casemiro was fit, you will notice him more in attack than the midfield zone, the same rubbish has continued with McTom. I have come to accept it that it is down to ETH's instructions because how else do you explain such anomaly where the DM is always close to the opponent's box.

If we controlled the flow of the game like City, I will have no problem if our defensive midfielders are camped in the opponent's half but it is not the case. When Bruno conceded the free kick that led to the first goal, he was mad at the DMs but nothing changed afterwards. A tactical coach will immediately sort to block the opening in the middle but not ETH.

I am sad to say it but Ole as coach would have seen us trash Gala by 4 or more goals. The match was perfectly set up for counter attacking football especially when the score was 1 vs 3 but for whatever reason, we remained open like we were chasing the game.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:58am On Nov 30, 2023
AdisaOwala:

So what happens to the "Onana to mount" dream?

Are we just going to discard a ball-playing Goalkeeper just like that?

Is Ball-playing no longer more important than the basic/primary job of a Goalkeeper?

If we discard Onana now, wouldn't it affect ETH's playing style abi is the game no longer evolving again?

cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:01am On Nov 30, 2023
Expert17 stop viewing as a guest. Come and tell us how De Gea being clueless will help us qualify.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ray07(m): 8:04am On Nov 30, 2023
patrickmuf:
Back to ETH, I mean that man is really tactically inept.

When Casemiro was fit, you will notice him more in attack than the midfield zone, the same rubbish has continued with McTom. I have come to accept it that it is down to ETH's instructions because how else do you explain such anomaly where the DM is always close to the opponent's box.

If we controlled the flow of the game like City, I will have no problem if our defensive midfielders are camped in the opponent's half but it is not the case. When Bruno conceded the free kick that led to the first goal, he was mad at the DMs but nothing changed afterwards. A tactical coach will immediately sort to block the opening in the middle but not ETH.

I am sad to say it but Ole as coach would have seen us trash Gala by 4 or more goals. The match was perfectly set up for counter attacking football especially when we the score was 1 vs 3 but for whatever reason, we remained open like we were chasing the game.

Well said . . .
Then again, what was the need of signing a second choice goalkeeper if you won't give him a chance.

David de Gea played out the entire games last season without a sub. I felt fatigue affected him in the game against Sevilla and City.

The stubborn bald headed coach would not give the second choice keeper a chance.

See ball playing Basket we get as Goalkeeper.
It was huge mistake letting de Gea go.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 8:23am On Nov 30, 2023
MorataFC:
grin grin grin may God forgive you.🤣

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 8:39am On Nov 30, 2023
Na bruno cause ziyech 2 free kick oh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 8:51am On Nov 30, 2023
odizeey:

cheesy cheesy

Atimes, e be like say people go just read some "woke and informed" stuff online, come here and regurgitate it without even analysing it properly...

That was how we were reading about the need to sign a player that would come and free the player that would free Pogba that year grin

We get keeper wey dey battle form issues - he was practically letting in cheap goals and his body language clearly showed that he was "down". What did we do to address the situation? We replaced him with a ball-playing goalkeeper!!!

The logic in the bolded remains the most confusing stuff I have seen for quite a while!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 8:55am On Nov 30, 2023
Mrviktor:
Na bruno cause ziyech 2 free kick oh
Unnecessary and needless fouls. The best and the worst of Bruno.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 8:57am On Nov 30, 2023
I still stand with Ten Hag. Sacking him won't solve any of the issues except a higher coach in the likes of Pep, Klopp, Carlo becomes available. Disappointed with him though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 9:21am On Nov 30, 2023
WhoDeyHause:

Ok I have heard you my gallant egbon.🤗
Now where were we? 😜

Scummies like Leyqute, Oasis, Trevor, joezinho, eph12, obainojazz, will think they are Top 4. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 9:28am On Nov 30, 2023
Englishisamust:
Next match that useless tenhag will use onana again and you will tell me Sancho dosent have audersity to para for that stupid coach with is Favouritism... Even if the second keeper is not good enough, Onana deserved to be bench!!!! Oloriburuku Favouritism coach!!! Later someone will telling me they are not enough hands or legs at the keeper position!!!... grin grin grin

I thought Englishisamust. What Onana cannot do, does not exist.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 9:30am On Nov 30, 2023
Who is Manchester United playing next in the UCL?

Asking for a family friend.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 9:31am On Nov 30, 2023
Even if we eventually qualify, it would mean we totalled a paltry 7 points from 6 matches??

This is extremely poor abeg!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Obere4u: 9:41am On Nov 30, 2023
airmark:

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:43am On Nov 30, 2023
AdisaOwala:
Even if we eventually qualify, it would mean we totalled a paltry 7 points from 6 matches??

This is extremely poor abeg!!
Qualify how? Can this team beat Bayern Munich? Best we come last and avoid Europa...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 9:51am On Nov 30, 2023
airmark:

U no go make heaven I swear grin grin grin!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by andrewbaba44: 9:52am On Nov 30, 2023
I suppose plaster for here sha but make we Dey see

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 9:53am On Nov 30, 2023
That Clown in goal just sabotaged the team completely. I dont even want Bayindir because I dont trust any ETH signings.. Get me Heaton in goal please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 10:24am On Nov 30, 2023
afrodoc2:

I just want to ask Expert17 a few technical questions devoid of trolling or banter.
Expert knows better than to open that door you're knocking on grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:30am On Nov 30, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Atimes, e be like say people go just read some "woke and informed" stuff online, come here and regurgitate it without even analysing it properly...

That was how we were reading about the need to sign a player that would come and free the player that would free Pogba that year grin

We get keeper wey dey battle form issues - he was practically letting in cheap goals and his body language clearly showed that he was "down". What did we do to address the situation? We replaced him with a ball-playing goalkeeper!!!

The logic in the bolded remains the most confusing stuff I have seen for quite a while!
Some take things on twitter and drop here.

Things kids of 17 years old are saying. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (13872) (13873) (13874) (13875) (13876) (13877) (13878) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.