Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14065) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8744997 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14062) (14063) (14064) (14065) (14066) (14067) (14068) ... (14156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:47pm On Mar 16
afrodoc2:

Lacey was at the game today seated on the bench. I am sure he can't wait to get some minutes before the season ends.

Mantato is not as talented as Lacey but that edge in physicality will come in handy as they move towards the senior team. He is younger but already bigger, stronger, faster.

They need to give Lacey those Messi vitamins that Barca used back in the day. I am worried he will go the way of Angel Gomes.

He should get some minutes in the next few games.

Being physical helps these youth players progress rapidly through the ranks but if their technical aspect of the game is not thoroughly developed, they won’t get to the highest levels in the senior team.

McTomminay, Elanga, Rashford etc. They’re strong physically but their technicality and decision making is rubbish.

Ideally, we should want these graduates to have a decent balance between both technical and physical qualities.

I’m watching how we’ll progress with this crop of U18s.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:08pm On Mar 16
Leyqute:

He should get some minutes in the next few games.

Being physical helps these youth players progress rapidly through the ranks but if their technical aspect of the game is not thoroughly developed, they won’t get to the highest levels in the senior team.

McTomminay, Elanga, Rashford etc. They’re strong physically but their technicality and decision making is rubbish.

Ideally, we should want these graduates to have a decent balance between both technical and physical qualities.

I’m watching how we’ll progress with this crop of U18s.

Which is my concern with Lacey. I am not sure there is enough balance with the physical side. Technically he is excellent but so were Angel Gomes. Levitt, Josh McEachran and so many others before him. There has to be a certain minimum level of physicality to go along with the technical ability.

I am hoping they focus on his strength and acceleration. Then we can have a superb player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:11pm On Mar 16
afrodoc2:

Which is my concern with Lacey. I am not sure there is enough balance with the physical side. Technically he is excellent but so were Angel Gomes. Levitt, Josh McEachran and so many others before him. There has to be a certain minimum level of physicality to go along with the technical ability.

I am hoping they focus on his strength and acceleration. Then we can have a superb player.

Yeah. Lacey looks quite tardy some times. Even Mainoo needs to do some work on his speed. If Mantato is technical enough he might get a chance here. He just needs to be as consistent as he possibly can.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:13pm On Mar 16
Even Musa was okay today. And Amass was his usual self. I hope we get the best from that kid. Technical and physical. And he doesn’t seem to ever have bad games. I pray injuries and other issues don’t derail his growth. He needs to add a few inches tho. That should come in the next couple of years.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:21pm On Mar 16
Leyqute:

Yeah. Lacey looks quite tardy some times. Even Mainoo needs to do some work on his speed. If Mantato is technical enough he might get a chance here. He just needs to be as consistent as he possibly can.

And imagine Mainoo looked quick for a midfielder at Under-18. If we could fuse Mantato into Lacey the RW problem is solved. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:25pm On Mar 16
Leyqute:
Even Musa was okay today. And Amass was his usual self. I hope we get the best from that kid. Technical and physical. And he doesn’t seem to ever have bad games. I pray injuries and other issues don’t derail his growth. He needs to add a few inches tho. That should come in the next couple of years.

Musa was good today but i don't have much belief in him, Wheatley, or Biancheri. They are decent at this level and playing in a perfectly set up team.

Amass is a minimum 7 out 10 in every game. He is already far better than the Under-21 LB. He is a Luke Shaw regen. Just a bit smaller and slower.

The most confusing player is Ethan Williams. With the right coaching the sky is the limit but he can also end up as a poor man's Rashford.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:26pm On Mar 16
afrodoc2:

And imagine Mainoo looked quick for a midfielder at Under-18. If we could fuse Mantato into Lacey the RW problem is solved. cheesy

100% grin

And that spawn will be 1000% better than the one-legged defensive inside-forward called Antony.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:32pm On Mar 16
afrodoc2:

Musa was good today but i don't have much belief in him, Wheatley, or Biancheri. They are decent at this level and playing in a perfectly set up team.

Amass is a minimum 7 out 10 in every game. He is already far better than the Under-21 LB. He is a Luke Shaw regen. Just a bit smaller and slower.

The most confusing player is Ethan Williams. With the right coaching the sky is the limit but he can also end up as a poor man's Rashford.

What about Scanlon and Missin? The two of them didn’t play today and Scanlon is being tried in the AM position of late. (Or was it Missin?). And Missin kinda look like Gernacho.

We have so many wingers coming through the ranks. Maybe it’s even Ethan Williams that will make it here grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:48pm On Mar 16
Leyqute:

What about Scanlon and Missin? The two of them didn’t play today and Scanlon is being tried in the AM position of late. (Or was it Missin?). And Missin kinda look like Gernacho.

We have so many wingers coming through the ranks. Maybe it’s even Ethan Williams that will make it here grin

Williams scores more than them and assists more. He takes free kicks and corner kicks with both feet, long range goals with both feet, and even dribbles with both feet. Williams is better than them in terms of how well he affects game. Neither Scanlon nor Missin will make it here as wingers IMO even though they both have good qualities, and Scanlon is not better than Fletcher or Fitzgerald in midfield so i don't see him making it in that position either.

But all na prediction. Injuries, growth spurts, late development etc can happen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:11pm On Mar 16
afrodoc2:

Williams scores more than them and assists more. He takes free kicks and corner kicks with both feet, long range goals with both feet, and even dribbles with both feet. Williams is better than them in terms of how well he affects game. Neither Scanlon nor Missin will make it here as wingers IMO even though they both have good qualities, and Scanlon is not better than Fletcher or Fitzgerald in midfield so i don't see him making it in that position either.

But all na prediction. Injuries, growth spurts, late development etc can happen.

Ethan Williams is very talented, no doubt. Like you said, we just don’t know who will make it. But I want them to manage these kids well. We should get decent cash from their sale if they don’t make it to the first team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 6:00pm On Mar 16
They said Harry Kane was too old and we need young blood striker.. 😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔.

Nawah
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 6:02pm On Mar 16
Someone will wake up nd say belinham is better than musiala.

Tufiakwa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 6:04pm On Mar 16
Sancho has a good football brain.. But he's lazy

Anthony is hardworking but has a low football IQ. Doesn't read the game at all..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 6:05pm On Mar 16
𝓦𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓮 𝓪𝓽 𝓛𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓵
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 6:06pm On Mar 16
ʙʀᴜɴᴏ ɴᴇᴇᴅs ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʙᴇɴᴄʜᴇᴅ ᴏʀ ʀᴇsᴛᴇᴅ.

ᴀʟsᴏ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇʟʟ ɪs ᴠᴅʙ..
ʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇᴅ ᴏɴᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ʟᴏᴀɴ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ʜᴀs ʜᴇᴀʀᴅ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʜɪᴍ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 7:25pm On Mar 16
Mrviktor:
𝓦𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓮 𝓪𝓽 𝓛𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓵

But what's happening there? The match is at Old Trafford.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 7:54pm On Mar 16
Fulham killing Spurs 😜😜

Our own dey come tomorrow 😂😂
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:11pm On Mar 16
The ball is fully in United’s court. Should 100% be capitalizing on Spurs’ loss but Rashford and his co-conspirators don’t inspire any confidence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 8:45pm On Mar 16
#TrashHagOUT
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:01pm On Mar 16
Leyqute:
The ball is fully in United’s court. Should 100% be capitalizing on Spurs’ loss but Rashford and his co-conspirators don’t inspire any confidence.

Harry Amass has just signed his first pro contract.
I won’t be surprised if he starts makes the senior squad bench sometime late next season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:15pm On Mar 16
afrodoc2:

I won’t be surprised if he starts makes the senior squad bench sometime late next season.

Right progress. Even Mantato signed a scholarship deal or something of the sort that will keep him at the club for the next few years.

Amass might join first team training towards the end of this season if he keeps these performances up. Might be in the bench for some games too.

Im seeing rumors of us going for a new young left back in the summer. Hope Amass gets his chance first before they do so - if the rumors are true.

Edit: He’s already training with the first team.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:04pm On Mar 16
You just know what's happening tomorrow.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:07pm On Mar 16
afrodoc2:

I sent you a mail earlier today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by delkuf(m): 9:51am On Mar 17
Most of our coaches were sack after losing to Liverpool. I just pray man u lose today and this man be sack
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 2:35pm On Mar 17
delkuf:
Most of our coaches were sack after losing to Liverpool. I just pray man u lose today and this man be sack
E be things grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 3:52pm On Mar 17
How ETH thinks it's wise to pair Mainoo with McTom is beyond me..The boy would probably get run over today..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:56pm On Mar 17
CrystalTiger:
How ETH thinks it's wise to pair Mainoo with McTom is beyond me..The boy would probably get run over today..

100%.

Rashford, Hojlund, Garnacho and Bruno will push up the field in attack and McTomminay will also join them because apparently, those four don’t offer enough goal threat and really need his phantom striking abilities.

Mainoo will be left with large spaces all around him for Salah, Diaz and Darwin to exploit.

E go bloody.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:56pm On Mar 17
ETH is not a very smart coach.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 4:03pm On Mar 17
Leyqute:

100%.

Rashford, Hojlund, Garnacho and Bruno will push up the field in attack and McTomminay will also join them because apparently, those four don’t offer enough goal threat and really need his phantom striking abilities.

Mainoo will be left with large spaces all around him for Salah, Diaz and Darwin to exploit.

E go bloody.

I just don't understand how simple things like this escapes ETH..McTom would never show up for a pass nor offer anything tangible but ETH has chosen him in midfield..

ETH is his own worst enemy walai
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 4:10pm On Mar 17
Nice line up. We are definitely winning this match. I can feel it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 4:33pm On Mar 17
Trevor012:
Nice line up. We are definitely winning this match. I can feel it

Me self!!! I dey feel it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:43pm On Mar 17
McTom! Only thing he does.

Common boys, we can win this!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14062) (14063) (14064) (14065) (14066) (14067) (14068) ... (14156) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: kissoflife, superfelix, nitrogen(m), afrodoc2, abimcdssi, Ijustwantto, AdisaOwala and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.