Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8706349 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14112) (14113) (14114) (14115) (14116) (14117) (14118) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 6:45pm On Apr 15
Shey nor be the coach job to make the team play as a unit 😂😂

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 6:47pm On Apr 15
ChristoBam:

One thing I'm sure of is the cycle will continue if Ten Hag gets sacked. The new manager will come in and check out these players. And most of them will over perform again. I don't care how stubborn the manager is, you'll be fooled. You won't see Rashford banging in goals and say you want him gone. Shaw will look like prime Roberto Carlos again.

The only person they can't fool is Ten Hag. He's seen them over 2 years.

My only issue with this is that the players he has brought in for lots of money are barely any better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 6:48pm On Apr 15
lekkie073:

This questions can only be answered by those at the helms bro. How do you expect me to provide answer to this.

However, consistency is only possible when players have a perfect understanding of what the manager wants to achieve and they strive towards this objective. But while doing this, they may or may not get the desired results. The consequence of this is 'pressure on the manager'.

In my own opinion, manager is not the club's major problem. Team cohesion is more important and this can only be achieved when players have better understanding of themsleves on the pitch.

No matter how good Mainoo is, if there is no proper understanding between him, Casemiro and Fernandes, we will continue to see disjointed movements. The same goes for Garnacho, Hojlund and whoever makes the attack line.

This also goes for the defence set up.

Invariably, a team becomes better when the individual players play as a unit, not as individuals. Our players are yet to really play as a unit, probably because there is a lack of understanding amongst them

Who is responsible and accountable for the implementation of these things you described?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 6:59pm On Apr 15
AdisaOwala:

Who is responsible and accountable for the implementation of these things you described?
the manager will only try. It is up to the players to really get an understanding of themsleves.
Have you tried managing a group of people who share no cohesion amongst themsleves?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:02pm On Apr 15
ChristoBam:

Let's be realistic. We've still got things to fight for this season. We'll play the best way we probably can to get us across the line. Season's been all about survival for a while now.

How's the manager a part of this shit structure we've had for more than 10 years now?
Of course we still have things to fight for. What's your minimum expectation for this season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:03pm On Apr 15
lekkie073:

This questions can only be answered by those at the helms bro. How do you expect me to provide answer to this.

However, consistency is only possible when players have a perfect understanding of what the manager wants to achieve and they strive towards this objective. But while doing this, they may or may not get the desired results. The consequence of this is 'pressure on the manager'.

In my own opinion, manager is not the club's major problem. Team cohesion is more important and this can only be achieved when players have better understanding of themsleves on the pitch.

No matter how good Mainoo is, if there is no proper understanding between him, Casemiro and Fernandes, we will continue to see disjointed movements. The same goes for Garnacho, Hojlund and whoever makes the attack line.

This also goes for the defence set up.

Invariably, a team becomes better when the individual players play as a unit, not as individuals. Our players are yet to really play as a unit, probably because there is a lack of understanding amongst them
You know this is an indictment on the coach right? He is not just there to select match day squad, and call out some players while the whole world can see others that have been underwhelming for a long time now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 7:04pm On Apr 15
Trevor012:
Shey nor be the coach job to make the team play as a unit 😂😂
what happens when a player like Greenwood decides to always overlook Ronald's side. Or you were not aware of this issue?

And if these two people are so important to the team, the manager may eventually take the blame for their acts, when it is not actually his fault. Team. Dynamics go beyond thinking the manager caneffecrively manage the personnel at his disposal.

On another note, you guys will only keep asking questions just to find a flaw in the comments to hold on to.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:05pm On Apr 15
MRTA7:

My only issue with this is that the players he has brought in for lots of money are barely any better.
Let's blame the structure
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 7:09pm On Apr 15
ChristoBam:

Very annoying stuff tbh.

They don't know what they're encouraging is a situation the manager walks into the press conference scared to say anything that might get linked negatively to any player. Player power pro max.

How many people here paid attention to what was even said before Garnacho foolishly liked those tweets.

Tenhag don calm down unlike last season.. when if u mess up..u are out..
Disciplinary master..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 7:09pm On Apr 15
lekkie073:
what happens when a player like Greenwood decides to always overlook Ronald's side. Or you were not aware of this issue?

And if these two people are so important to the team, the manager may eventually take the blame for their acts, when it is not actually his fault. Team. Dynamics go beyond thinking the manager caneffecrively manage the personnel at his disposal.

On another note, you guys will only keep asking questions just to find a flaw in the comments to hold on to.
Mr man every coach deals with these things. You are not talking to kids here. It's the job of the coach to mold the team to his image and how he wants them to play. Klopp will make 5 changes and bring in kids yet they will still dominate and play their usual football. cohesion ko collision ni. Just see the silly excuse you are coming up with.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 7:18pm On Apr 15
Trevor012:

Mr man every coach deals with these things. You are not talking to kids here. It's the job of the coach to mold the team to his image and how he wants them to play. Klopp will make 5 changes and bring in kids yet they will still dominate and play their usual football. cohesion ko collision ni. Just see the silly excuse you are coming up with.
and how did Klopp fare in his early seasons?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:24pm On Apr 15
lekkie073:
Are you referring to the result or how they played?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 7:26pm On Apr 15
eph12:

Are you referring to the result or how they played?
the two....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 7:27pm On Apr 15
lekkie073:
Better than your fraud that has dragging shots conceded with Sheffield and Luton.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 7:30pm On Apr 15
Trevor012:

Better than your fraud that has dragging shots conceded with Sheffield and Luton.
oga, I am Not here to drag back and forth with you. I gave an opinion, not an official response to the problem. So I don't get why you just dey harp on issues like a slowpoke
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 7:35pm On Apr 15
lekkie073:
oga, I am Not here to drag back and forth with you. I gave an opinion, not an official response to the problem. So I don't get why you just dey harp on issues like a slowpoke
Your opinion to the issue is wack. How can any sensible person say it's not the coach job to bring cohesion and pattern of play to the team he is coaching. To top it all you brought example of greenwood that Ten hagg didn't even meet at United lmao.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 7:37pm On Apr 15
Trevor012:

Your opinion to the issue is wack. How can any sensible person say it's not the coach job to bring cohesion and pattern of play to the team is coaching. To top it all you brought example of greenwood that Ten hagg didn't even meet at United lmao.
ok
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 7:46pm On Apr 15
lekkie073:
ok
Lekki phase one you are welcome.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:48pm On Apr 15
grin ;DTrevor012 say na lekki phase1.

Ajah or badagry nko
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by maik99(m): 7:52pm On Apr 15
lekkie073:
arsenal seems to be playing good football and getting results now. How long did they wait to get to where they are.

For close to 30 years, a once dominant force (Liverpool) was in the abyss of mediocrity. Even as at now, they are yet to beat their chest to say they have arrived.

If mancity should continue with their spending and Guardiola continues getting his like-for-like replacements, then it's gonna being ride for manutd because we are not even ready to compete. For now, only Liverpool and arsenal seems to have the stability needed to compete with mancity

You refer to Arteta and Klopp but you must forget that with those, the project was clear from day one. Arteta won an FA cup in his first season playing exactly the way he plays now. It was not perfect but you could see the vision.
The absolute lack of direction is my problem with ten hag. And no amount of "building" should mean that we have almost zero good games in an entire season and be dragging stats with Luton and Sheffield

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:56pm On Apr 15
lekkie073:
the two....
Maybe you should try to separate both first and you will get a clearer picture of the terrible situation we are in
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:57pm On Apr 15
maik99:

You refer to Arteta and Klopp but you must forget that with those, the project was clear from day one. Arteta won an FA cup in his first season playing exactly the way he plays now. It was not perfect but you could see the vision.
The absolute lack of direction is my problem with ten hag. And no amount of "building" should mean that we have almost zero good games in an entire season and be dragging stats with Luton and Sheffield
To be fair we had one good half against Villa where we came back from 2 goals
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Santos07: 7:58pm On Apr 15
Trevor012:

thank you very much
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 8:02pm On Apr 15
Santos07:
thank you very much
If you are not ready or capable to deal with big players and big names at the top clubs then what are you doing there.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:05pm On Apr 15
maik99:

Jodera can you verify this?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:19pm On Apr 15
maik99:

If the project is not clear in the case of manutd, then blame those at the helms, not the manager. The manager does not dictate the project,.

Mind you, ETH also won a trophy in his first season, but you chose not to see any vision

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:22pm On Apr 15
eph12:

Maybe you should try to separate both first and you will get a clearer picture of the terrible situation we are in
the situation is beyond terrible. But there is little you and I can do to remedy the situation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:23pm On Apr 15
Poor manager. Very helpless and timid. The club didn't give him any player and the players have refused to play as a team. But he won the carling cup last season, so the vision is clear. But if its not, blame the structure and those at the helm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:25pm On Apr 15
lekkie073:
the situation is beyond terrible. But there is little you and I can do to remedy the situation.
That's why we are calling out those who can do something about it. Its just like saying we should not talk about the terrible situation in this country because there is little we can do to remedy the situation. Do you belong to APC?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 8:33pm On Apr 15
Eph12, may God have mercy on you.

Your questions ehn. grin cheesy grin cheesy I fear you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:38pm On Apr 15
eph12:

That's why we are calling out those who can do something about it. Its just like saying we should not talk about the terrible situation in this country because there is little we can do to remedy the situation. Do you belong to APC?
yes, I belong to apc. In fact I am an SA to a local government chairman shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:41pm On Apr 15
eph12:
Poor manager. Very helpless and timid. The club didn't give him any player and the players have refused to play as a team. But he won the carling cup last season, so the vision is clear. But if its not, blame the structure and those at the helm
the manager will blame the players for his problems.
The club hierarchy will blame the manager for their problems.
The fans should blame........ Who?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14112) (14113) (14114) (14115) (14116) (14117) (14118) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.