Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,937 members, 7,863,315 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:06 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8872060 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14194) (14195) (14196) (14197) (14198) (14199) (14200) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by everton4life(m): 2:47pm On May 26
undecided another one on the loose

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 2:54pm On May 26
On Sunday afternoon oh...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Seunpapa65: 3:44pm On May 26
Abeg make we dey manage Eric oo
The devil you know is better than the angel you know
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 3:49pm On May 26
afrodoc2:

You are 100% right about the part in bold. However, i still blame ETH for this. A few months into the season after noticing how porous how midfield was and how it was causing us to face countless shots, he should have made adjustments and asked the defenders to play a higher line and tucked at least 1 FB infield.

Player a slightly higher line and compressing the pitch would have been better than playing the porous midfield we were playing, especially since we have a GK who is an adept sweeper. He should have stuck to his principles no matter the personnel because that is the only way the team would assimilate his principles.

Doing what he did this season (high press and low block defense at the same time) means next season when he tries to implement high press and high line the team would not be used to it and would have to take time trying to implement it. This means that this season was a wasted season in terms of him trying to implement his principles.
Lol no way in hell we'd have tried an high line with Maguire, Evans and co. Our matches would be pure comedy.

As for for second point, Martinez is already used to playing an high line. We were always going to get a CB that can also play it comfortable. So the transition would have been easy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 4:30pm On May 26
ChristoBam:

Lol no way in hell we'd have tried an high line with Maguire, Evans and co. Our matches would be pure comedy.

As for for second point, Martinez is already used to playing an high line. We were always going to get a CB that can also play it comfortable. So the transition would have been easy.

Our matches were pure comedy with the donut midfield anyway. I understand starting out with the low defensive line because Varane and Martinez were out but persisting with it despite our obvious struggles was folly IMO.

The proper thing to do was to try to play a higher line (does not have to be ultra-high like Spurs or Villa) and play the way the team is meant to play in the long term. Playing a high line defense or low line defense impacts how the whole team plays and not just the defenders, so you can't use Martinez experience playing it to justify not exposing the whole team to it.

Then we have to factor in the fact that even in the games Varane played we still played the donut midfield.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:30pm On May 26
Apari. Aparier. Apariest

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joebayo217: 5:29pm On May 26
Lana1:
Apari. Aparier. Apariest
grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by camri: 5:44pm On May 26
Lana1:
Apari. Aparier. Apariest
apari like your hairless homo dick

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by camri: 5:46pm On May 26
Seunpapa65:
Abeg make we dey manage Eric oo
The devil you know is better than the angel you know
You are very stupid. Is that how you manage failure
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by camri: 5:52pm On May 26
If I hear ten rag stay again, I will close this thread. Infact, I don't want to see his name mentioned again. Afrodoc and christobam, don't let me swear for you. You people are the people drawing man u back. From champions league to Europa league. We are now a second tier club and useless fans are calling for ten rag to stay
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by camri: 5:53pm On May 26
Let me hear his name again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ijustwantto: 5:58pm On May 26
Ten hang, ten hang, Eric hang grin grin
camri:
Let me hear his name again

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 7:04pm On May 26
afrodoc:

Our matches were pure comedy with the donut midfield anyway. I understand starting out with the low defensive line because Varane and Martinez were out but persisting with it despite our obvious struggles was folly IMO.

The proper thing to do was to try to play a higher line (does not have to be ultra-high like Spurs or Villa) and play the way the team is meant to play in the long term. Playing a high line defense or low line defense impacts how the whole team plays and not just the defenders, so you can't use Martinez experience playing it to justify not exposing the whole team to it.

Then we have to factor in the fact that even in the games Varane played we still played the donut midfield.
Any type of high line with Maguire or Evans is suicidal. It's something they'd have even tried out in training. You must remember Ten Hag is not a PE teacher brought in to coach the team. He must have seen the ones available can't play that high line in any way.

So it was either he did what he did or we switched to last season's tactics.

But funny thing is, early this season before he started the whole thing, everyone here was saying what they wanted to see was evidence of a style of play. I remember clearly most people here said they don't care about results that much.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 7:12pm On May 26
We can clearly see what would have happened if he had stuck to his style of play first few weeks at the job. Early this season, everyone here was saying he should have stuck to it last season. Even though we got trashed by Brentford, Brighton and co.

No one here has that type of patience. We're never switching to any special style of play. If we do, it'll have to be a slow, gradual thing. Nothing like what Klopp, Arteta or any of those did. This fanbase no dey hear anything. Media no dey hear anything. Ten Hag don learn. Pretty sure his whole philosophy has started changing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 8:50am On May 27
Who say trophy no sweet abeg..

Since Saturday I haven't been able to argue, disagree or even quarrel with anyone..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pegasus01: 9:22am On May 27
Hard decision Soon, hopefully best for all parties involved.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Vischy: 9:43am On May 27
patrickmuf:
You can add please. And yes, Amad over Saka as far as football is concerned but if it's about bottling, Saka is clear.

Damn grin cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 9:52am On May 27
Seems Bin laden might be staying

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by camri: 11:47am On May 27
AdisaOwala:
Seems Bin laden might be staying
God forbid
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by camri: 11:48am On May 27
Pegasus01:
Hard decision Soon, hopefully best for all parties involved.
Andrewbaba44 come and buy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by camri: 11:49am On May 27
ChristoBam:
We can clearly see what would have happened if he had stuck to his style of play first few weeks at the job. Early this season, everyone here was saying he should have stuck to it last season. Even though we got trashed by Brentford, Brighton and co.

No one here has that type of patience. We're never switching to any special style of play. If we do, it'll have to be a slow, gradual thing. Nothing like what Klopp, Arteta or any of those did. This fanbase no dey hear anything. Media no dey hear anything. Ten Hag don learn. Pretty sure his whole philosophy has started changing.

ten rag must go
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 1:43pm On May 27
CrystalTiger:
Who say trophy no sweet abeg..

Since Saturday I haven't been able to argue, disagree or even quarrel with anyone..

cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 1:46pm On May 27
🚨🚨🌕| BREAKING: #mufc are set to part with Erik ten Hag following an end of season review. [@SamiMokbel81_DM]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 1:48pm On May 27
Jokerman:
🚨🚨🌕| BREAKING: #mufc are set to part with Erik ten Hag following an end of season review. [@SamiMokbel81_DM]

Good.

Kick the Terrorist out and let's get a good coach. How can man UTD be celebrating 8th position ??

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by everton4life(m): 1:51pm On May 27
Lana1:
Apari. Aparier. Apariest
cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by everton4life(m): 2:04pm On May 27
Jokerman:
which kind useless source be dis na? angry angry angry

See as I happy go check online only to see say balloon head still dey the club.

No give me false hope abeg angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 2:23pm On May 27
everton4life:
which kind useless source be dis na? angry angry angry

See as I happy go check online only to see say balloon head still dey the club.

No give me false hope abeg angry angry

It's being reported everywhere now... TenHaram is gone
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YourBestWriter: 3:06pm On May 27
Gone gone gone, and when I enter here again in August, they will still be saying gone gone gone. Foolish set of people. Ronaldo fans are the most useless of people you'll ever see. Brainless, pathetic, psychologically weak. I used to think that perhaps they are better than Messi fans, but wow, the Ronaldo fans have no brain at all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 3:10pm On May 27
#TrashHagOUT
#TrashfordOUT
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ijustwantto: 4:08pm On May 27
How can penaldians be better dan messi fans. They don't want ten hang just because he kicked Mr I pushed him and he pushed me out grin
YourBestWriter:
Gone gone gone, and when I enter here again in August, they will still be saying gone gone gone. Foolish set of people. Ronaldo fans are the most useless of people you'll ever see. Brainless, pathetic, psychologically weak. I used to think that perhaps they are better than Messi fans, but wow, the Ronaldo fans have no brain at all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:09pm On May 27

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 4:39pm On May 27
grin
camri:
If I hear ten rag stay again, I will close this thread. Infact, I don't want to see his name mentioned again. Afrodoc and christobam, don't let me swear for you. You people are the people drawing man u back. From champions league to Europa league. We are now a second tier club and useless fans are calling for ten rag to stay
grin.. l dnt understand . Y will u b blaming Afrodoc and christobam for man utd failures? This na transfer aggression grin. Seriously is there any good manager in market now?. let give ETH one more season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14194) (14195) (14196) (14197) (14198) (14199) (14200) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: dostr4(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.