Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,698 members, 7,865,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:57 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1637) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8880631 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1634) (1635) (1636) (1637) (1638) (1639) (1640) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:34pm On May 24, 2015
raumdeuter:

Just the way bale and Suarez are scoring 40 goals after being best players in the epl
why would they score 40 goals when they have ronaldo and Messi in their team? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 3:35pm On May 24, 2015
Coogar - you didn't answer this my question →→
Won't Suarez have scored up to 45 goals - 1) if he didn't miss the 1st 7 games 2) if he had played all the PK's 3) If he was 1st choice freekick taker!
?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:41pm On May 24, 2015
Let me burst some myths about this EPL things

So bring the excuses one after the other

1. Winter breaks and fatique

Before winter break Liverpool is already out of the CL, Shey na the Winter break dey responsible for that?

Lets do some fact checking real quick.

This season before December 25, Teams and competitive matches played.
Madrid-27, Chelsea-26, Arsenal -26, Atletico-26, Liverpool-26, , City-26, Barcelona 24.

By the end of the season, team and competitive games played
Madrid-59, Arsenal-56, Barca-60, Atletico-54, Chelsea-53, City-52

Barca and Atletico played more games between December 1 and January 31 2015 than any EPL side apart from Chelsea in the same winter period.

The reason Madrid played less was because they had to travel for CWC competition

[size=15pt]WINTER BREAK EXCUSE BUSTED[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:44pm On May 24, 2015
dopeJemi:

Wetin happen... what happened to Di maria by the way
he got injured
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:45pm On May 24, 2015
chrisley024:
he got injured

So what happened to valdes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:49pm On May 24, 2015
homesteady:
Coogar - you didn't answer this my question →→

Won't Suarez have scored up to 45 goals -
1) if he didn't miss the 1st 7 games
2) if he had played all the PK's
3) If he was 1st choice freekick taker!

?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

he wouldn't have scored 45 goals. even ronaldo didn't score 45 goals. ruud holds the record of 44 goals in one season & 2 of those goals were from pre-UCL qualifier.

raumdeuter:
Let me burst some myths about this EPL things
So bring the excuses one after the other
1. Winter breaks and fatique
Before winter break Liverpool is already out of the CL, Shey na the Winter break dey responsible for that?

Lets do some fact checking real quick.
This season before December 25, Teams and competitive matches played.

Maid-27, Chelsea-26, Arsenal -26, Atletico-26, Liverpool-26, , City-26, Barcelona 24.
By the end of the season, team and competitive games played
Madrid-59, Arsenal-56, Barca-60, Atletico-54, Chelsea-53, City-52
Barca and Atletico played more games between December 1 and January 31 2015 than any EPL side apart from Chelsea in the same winter period.
The reason Madrid played less was because they had to travel for CWC competition
[size=15pt]WINTER BREAK EXCUSE BUSTED[/size]

you are a fool!
how can you count the games before christmas? you should count from the day european clubs resumed after the winter break, not before the break. how many games more had english clubs played when UCL resumed in february?

that is your answer!

raumdeuter:

Just the way bale and Suarez are scoring 40 goals after being best players in the epl

and ronaldo - an EPL product, has scored more league goals than messi in the last 5 seasons. he has completely destroyed every known record in la liga. who is his equivalent in england?

answer on a postcard, please.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:52pm On May 24, 2015
dopeJemi:

So what happened to valdes
ball fell off his hands in the box.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:54pm On May 24, 2015
coogar:

you are a fool!
how can you count the games before christmas? you should count from the day european clubs resumed after the winter break, not before the break. how many games more had english clubs played when UCL resumed in february...

Between December 1 and January 31 which is the winter period, Barca and Atletico played more games than all EPL sides minus chelsea

Madrid even travelled out for the CWC.

Spanish teams played more games in WInter period

Barca by June 9 would have played 60 games, More than any EPl team, they are not complaining about fatique. Its Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and City that are efeectively playing one competition from February that complain about fatique

Come with the next excuse. This one has been busted.

SHould we move to EPL teams dont take Europa serious? excuse?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:58pm On May 24, 2015
raumdeuter:

Between December 1 and January 31 which is the winter period, Barca and Atletico played more games than all EPL sides minus chelsea

Madrid even travelled out for the CWC.
Spanish teams played more games in WInter period

Barca by June 9 would have played 60 games, More than any EPl team, they are not complaining about fatique. Its Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and City that are efeectively playing one competition from February that complain about fatique

SHould we move to EPL teams dont take Europa serious? excuse?

why are you such an idïot?
it doesn't matter anymore how many games they play before june since they took a break. the big factor is the break & you are a fool to think winter starts by december 1. winter doesn't start until 22nd of december......you no do geography for school? you never heard of winter solstice? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 24, 2015
Ah!! 5-0?? Liverpool are walking alone on this one
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 4:03pm On May 24, 2015
coogar:

that achievement was in spite of the fatigue of the english clubs, not because of it. this is why your useless league went on strike for the non-payment of players. la liga has the same credibility of the nigerian league. the top 2 teams take about 40% of the entire TV revenue. it's a disgrace!.

It is actually ur overrated EPL that has the same credibility as the Nigerian league. Both are competitive in the sense that anyteam can beat any team because they are all average teams,

both leagues falter on the continental stage.

When did LA liga go on strike? Even if other 18 teams share 60% of the money, is it not a shame that the most successful team in EPL history got beaten by a team not even in top 4 of LA liga home and away?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:05pm On May 24, 2015
Our game has been awful. One of the worst matches I've seen in a while.

But thankfully

Q: What time do Liverpool kick off today?

A: Every 9 minutes.

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:08pm On May 24, 2015
coogar:

you are a fool!
how can you count the games before christmas? you should count from the day european clubs resumed after the winter break, not before the break. how many games more had english clubs played when UCL resumed in february?

that is your answer!

Between Xmas day and the day CL started this season

Barca played 13 games, Chelsea played 12, Arsenal 12, Atletico 12, City played 11,

Yet Barca mauled City home and away

MYTH BUSTED next excuse please
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:09pm On May 24, 2015
Debroslink:

It is actually ur overrated EPL that has the same credibility as the Nigerian league. Both are competitive in the sense that anyteam can beat any team because they are all average teams,

both teams falter on the continental stage.
When did LA liga go on strike? Even if other 18 teams share 60% of the money, is it not a shame that the most successful team in EPL history got beaten by a team not even in top 4 of LA liga home and away?

so you were still a child when chelsea's 10-men knocked barcelona out of the UCL. chelsea are about the 6th most successful team in the EPL and yet they undressed spain's pride in the UCL.

between december 19 & january 30, thomas muller didn't kick a ball for his team. in that period, united players played 9 different games back to back. yet, you expect EPL players to be as fresh as bayern players when hostilities resume in the UCL.....

we have to assume your brain is in your feet!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 4:10pm On May 24, 2015
coogar:

he wouldn't have scored 45 goals. even ronaldo didn't score 45 goals. ruud holds the record of 44 goals in one season & 2 of those goals were from pre-UCL qualifier.

Lmaoooooooooooo! Are records not meant to be broken?

Just admit it -

Liverpool got 12 PK's last season ------ At least Suarez will score 10
If he played the 1st 7 games - he would have scored at least 4
If he was 1st choice freekick taker, he would have added more freekick goals to the one he scored!

So lets add up - 31 + 10 + 4 = 45 *Note - I didn't add the freekicks oh!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 4:12pm On May 24, 2015
coogar:

you are a consummate retärd.....
attack the message if you have any iota of common sense in that block you call a head. productivity= goals + assists.

young has been more productive than robben in the last 6 seasons. it's not even disputable. young's biggest flaw is his injuries. when he's fit, he's a machine.

Coogar you don start again! shocked grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:15pm On May 24, 2015
homesteady:

Lmaoooooooooooo! Are records not meant to be broken?

Just admit it -

Liverpool got 12 PK's last season ------ At least Suarez will score 10
If he played the 1st 7 games - he would have scored at least 4
If he was 1st choice freekick taker, he would have added more freekick goals to the one he scored!

So lets add up - 31 + 10 + 4 = 45 *Note - I didn't add the freekicks oh!

suarez scored free kicks last season - hull, city & everton conceded suarez's direct free kicks. i doubt you watch EPL games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:21pm On May 24, 2015
Valdez again grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 4:23pm On May 24, 2015
Like Homesteady stated earlier... tongue

Coogar what's your take on this... lipsrsealed

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:26pm On May 24, 2015
coded01:
Like Homesteady stated earlier... tongue
Coogar what's your take on this... lipsrsealed

that stat is irrelevant cos young was a defender for half of the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 4:27pm On May 24, 2015
Rooney na rubbish shocked 2day shaa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 4:28pm On May 24, 2015
coogar:

that stat is irrelevant cos young was a defender for half of the season.

Coogar why can't you admit defeat... angry grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 4:28pm On May 24, 2015
We should not worry, Very soon they'll start winter break in EPL, and I'm sure the status quo won't change!
Just like how the status quo didn't change when they made a new rule that the winner of Europa would qualify directly for UCL grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 4:29pm On May 24, 2015
coogar:

so you were still a child when chelsea's 10-men knocked barcelona out of the UCL. chelsea are about the 6th most successful team in theEPL and yet they undressed spain's pride in the UCL.

Did Chelsea beat barca with 10 men? I can't even believe you could support the bus system of football. So Chelsea is your yardstick of EPL success in UCL?

Your league is crap bro. Deal with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 4:32pm On May 24, 2015
Why are we finding it difficult to score goals self angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:34pm On May 24, 2015
coded01:

Coogar why can't you admit defeat... angry grin

admit defeat when you are comparing a player that had a forward role all season to the one that only started playing as a winger in february.

what else are you going to compare? valencia's goal record to hazard's?

Debroslink:

Did Chelsea beat barca with 10 men? I can't even believe you could support the bus system of football. So Chelsea is your yardstick of EPL success in UCL?
Your league is crap bro. Deal with it.

they knocked barca out over 2 legs.
1-0 at the bridge & they equalised 2 goals after they were a man down(terry's red card).

biko, spanish league is useless!
only 2 clubs in spain have won the champions league that is entering its 60th year anniversary next year.

your league is not different from scottish league. barca/madrid = celtic/rangers grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 4:36pm On May 24, 2015
coogar:

suarez scored free kicks last season - hull, city & everton conceded suarez's direct free kicks. i doubt you watch EPL games.

Lmaoooooooooooo! didn't you see where I said he would have added more freekicks to the ones he scored? if he was their 1st choice freekick taker. ....

This means you have accepted my calculation, because you only found a false fault in the inconsequential one (freekicks), it's inconsequential because I didn't add it to the final goals grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:39pm On May 24, 2015
An i.d.i.o.t can never lose its spots, look at Fellaini with that NEEDLESS hospital tackle?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:42pm On May 24, 2015
homesteady:

Lmaoooooooooooo! didn't you see where I said he would have added more freekicks to the ones he scored? if he was their 1st choice freekick taker. ....

he was their first choice freekick taker for the ones that are direct freekicks. if it's a curved freekick, he leaves it starfish!

This means you have accepted my calculation, because you only found a false fault in the inconsequential one (freekicks), it's inconsequential because I didn't add it to the final goals grin

how can i accept your calculation when you are basing it hypothetically. if this, if that is just a fantasy. suarez spent several seasons in the EPL and he never scored 45 league goals. work with the facts, don't tell me if rooney was taller or if pedro was fatter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:45pm On May 24, 2015
afrodoc2:
An i.d.i.o.t can never lose its spots, look at Fellaini with that NEEDLESS hospital tackle?

where should he have planted his leg? it was a rash tackle that deserved a red but it was inevitable. he has to suspend his leg in the air to completely avoid the player on the ground.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 4:46pm On May 24, 2015
coogar:

admit defeat when you are comparing a player that had a forward role all season to the one that only started playing as a winger in february.

what else are you going to compare? valencia's goal record to hazard's?

they knocked barca out over 2 legs.
1-0 at the bridge & they equalised 2 goals after they were a man down(terry's red card).

biko, spanish league is useless!
only 2 clubs in spain have won the champions league that is entering its 60th year anniversary next year.

your league is not different from scottish league. barca/madrid = celtic/rangers
grin

I can only imagine how many EPL Fans wish UEFA don't allow teams like Bayern, Barca, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, now PSG (Chelsea fans shocked grin) to feature in the UCL... grin grin

Coogar you know better about Spanish teams (aside from the two teams you are referring) excelling in Europe... lipsrsealed

UCL Finals: 1999/2000 Real Madrid vs Valencia

UCL Finals: 2013/2014 Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid

These are finals that could have gone either way... So what is useless about that... lipsrsealed

EPL teams are generally overrated... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:48pm On May 24, 2015
[size=16pt]

Between Xmas day and the day CL started this season

Barca played 13 games, Chelsea played 12, Arsenal 12, Atletico 12, City played 11,

Yet Barca mauled City home and away

MYTH BUSTED next excuse please[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (1634) (1635) (1636) (1637) (1638) (1639) (1640) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.