Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,179 members, 7,867,423 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:46 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1647) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8884481 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1644) (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) (1650) ... (14220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Digriz(m): 9:34am On May 26, 2015
Am completely fade up with this thread, let's talk about something interesting about United as regards transfer and next season preparations.
Enough of this endless Rooney issue flooding all the pages, guys let's be matured and stop all these.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:45am On May 26, 2015
Nihilist:

The only person I can blame for this post is Coogar.

No objective footy fan will name his EPL top 5 strikers and leave out Rooney. It's just not possible.

I completely agree that Rooney is not the wrecking ball he once was, but you can't be superman forever.

Someone said Rooney ONLY scored 170 EPL goals. ONLY?

you blame me & then went on to completely type a whole lot of rubbish.

rooney? top 5 in the EPL? when? how?

if we are talking about EPL since it was established then strikers like.....

•shearer
•henry
•ruud
•drogba
•bergkamp

are all heads & shoulders better than rooney.

in recent times.....
•aguero
•tevez
•RVP
•costa
•suarez

are all better than rooney!

so when exactly was rooney in the top 5 category? he has scored 170EPL goals but he has been scoring them since he was 17. rooney would be 30 in october. it has taken him 13 years to score 170 goals. that's about 15 league goals per season....... that's the level you would expect from benteke, berahino or bony.

ruud scored 95 EPL goals in only 5 seasons. how many do you think he woulda scored in 13 seasons? abeg, if you don't have anything meaningful to say, kindly crawl back to your thread of numpties.....where the population ratio of the rêtards to the intellects is about 30 to 1.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 10:08am On May 26, 2015
coogar:

you blame me & then went on to complete type a whole lot of rubbish.

•shearer
•henry
•ruud
•drogba
•bergkamp

in recent times.....
•aguero
•tevez
•RVP
•costa
•suarez

so when exactly was rooney in the top 5 category? he has scored 170EPL goals but he has been scoring them since he was 17. rooney would be 30 in october. it has taken him 13 years to score 170 goals. that's about 15 league goals per season....... that's the level you would expect from benteke, berahino or bony.

ruud scored 95 EPL goals in only 5 seasons. how many do you think he woulda scored in 13 seasons? abeg, if you don't have anything meaningful to say, kindly crawl back to your thread of numpties.....where the population ratio of the rêtards to the intellects is about 30 to 1.

How many of the strikers you listed have a higher CAREER total than Rooney.

Not even EPL now. Career.

Answer on a post card
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:15am On May 26, 2015
Nihilist:

How many of the strikers you listed have a higher CAREER total than Rooney.

Not even EPL now. Career.

Answer on a post card

rooney's career is in it's 13th year.......
we should compare it to the career of aguero that is way less? grin

when people run out of things to say, they become sentimental. 170 EPL goals is super-low for an elite forward that has consistently played in a top team for 11 years.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 10:17am On May 26, 2015
coogar:

rooney's career is in it's 13th year.......
we should compare it to the career of aguero that is way less? grin

when people run out of things to say, they become sentimental. 170 EPL goals is super-low for an elite forward that has consistently played in a top team for 11 years.

You listed Tevez, Bergkamp etc.

Oya Numbers please. Thank God Tevez and Rioney are around the same age.

List Career total goals!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:17am On May 26, 2015
coogar:

you blame me & then went on to complete type a whole lot of rubbish.

•shearer
•henry
•ruud
•drogba
•bergkamp

in recent times.....
•aguero
•tevez
•RVP
•costa
•suarez

Rooney has not been our best player in past 3 seasons. The so-called Man Utd's golden boy has flopped for the past 3 seasons... But take a look at others..

Aguero is Man City's best player this season.
Suarez was Liverfool's best player last season.
Ibrahimovic keeps being PSG's best player with each season.
Messi is Barca's best player for countless seasons.
same with CR7 for Madrid.
But when it comes to Rooney who is in the same echelon as these strikers, he's found wanting!!

England press is the only reason Rooney is over-paid and over-hyped. He's a fraud!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:24am On May 26, 2015
Nihilist:

You listed Tevez, Bergkamp etc.

Oya Numbers please. Thank God Tevez and Rioney are around the same age.

List Career total goals!

tevez has 248 career club goals
rooney has 247 career club goals.

cheesy grin cheesy

and this is tevez that has moved from club to club(many of them mediocre) - someone who has had to acclimatise to different leagues from the plains of south america to europe.

rooney moved 30 miles from merseyside to man utd. he's never had to learn a new language, adapt to a newer league or learn a different culture. it has also taken tevez less games and he has scored more. cheesy

case closed!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:29am On May 26, 2015
sinizia:

Rooney has not been our best player in past 3 seasons. The so-called Man Utd's golden boy has flopped for the past 3 seasons... But take a look at others..

Aguero is Man City's best player this season.
Suarez was Liverfool's best player last season.
Ibrahimovic keeps being PSG's best player with each season.

Messi is Barca's best player for countless seasons. same with CR7 for Madrid.
But when it comes to Rooney who is in the same echelon as these strikers, he's found wanting!!

England press is the only reason Rooney is over-paid and over-hyped. He's a fraud!!

there has never been a time rooney has convincingly been our best player. he was nowhere to be found when ronaldo was here.

even in 09/10 when he was overhyped by his friends in the media, you could make a good case for antonio valencia that year. in 11/12, you could make a case for valencia, nani & scholes as well.

so in 11 seasons with us, rooney can only make 2 claims which are even debatable as our best player. how is that good enough? a striker that cannot win a golden boot or top the assist chart is simply overrated & overhyped.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 10:34am On May 26, 2015
coogar:

cheesy grin cheesy

and this is tevez that has moved from club to club(many of them mediocre) - someone who has had to acclimatise to different leagues from the plains of south america to europe.

rooney moved 30 miles from merseyside to man utd. he's never had to learn a new language, adapt to a newer league or learn a different culture. it has also taken tevez less games and he has scored more. cheesy

case closed!

Rooney has 295 career goals.

That's Tevez down. List your next striker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:36am On May 26, 2015
coogar:

there has never been a time rooney has convincingly been our best player. he was nowhere to be found when ronaldo was here.

even in 09/10 when he was overhyped by his friends in the media, you could make a good case for antonio valencia that year. in 11/12, you could make a case for valencia, nani & scholes as well.

so in 11 seasons with us, rooney can only make 2 claims which are even debatable as our best player. how is that good enough? a striker that cannot win a golden boot or top the assist chart is simply overrated & overhyped.

Damn!! How can these people read all these truth you are typing and still argue with you? How can Rooney be bold to call himself a top striker and has only scored 170 EPL goals in 13 season!! OMG!! This is the worst goal return for a striker of Rooney's calibre!! Without Valencia in 2010, Rooney would have been average. No wonder when he didn't see Valencia at the World Cup, he flopped again. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:40am On May 26, 2015
Nihilist:

Rooney has 295 career goals.

That's Tevez down. List your next striker.

295 career goals for where?
na yam?

185 - EPL
19 - FA cup
6 - carling cup/capital one cup
33 - european games(UCL + europa)
4 - others(CWC, etc)

how did you arrive at 295? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:41am On May 26, 2015
coogar:

cheesy grin cheesy

case closed!

Tevez has proved himself in every league he's played. He single handedly saved West Ham, something Rooney can't achieve!! Tevez moved to Seria A and he's already surpassed the 20-goal mark. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:43am On May 26, 2015
coogar:

295 career goals for where? na yam?
185 - EPL 19 - FA cup 6 - carling cup/capital one cup 33 - european games(UCL + europa) 4 - others(CWC, etc)

Even in UCL, Ruud has more goals for Man Utd than him. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 10:49am On May 26, 2015
coogar:

295 career goals for where?
na yam?

185 - EPL
19 - FA cup
6 - carling cup/capital one cup
33 - european games(UCL + europa)
4 - others(CWC, etc)

I included international goals.

Even if we're to remove internstional goals, then we see that Rooney's goal output and Tevez's goal output are very similar over a similar amount of games.

I'm even disregarding the fact that Tevez career totals include goals in argentine and Brazilian leagues, whilst Rooney has been performing non stop in one of the biggest leagues in the world.

It is extremely fraudulent to call Tevez a baller and rooney a fraud than.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:50am On May 26, 2015
sinizia:

Tevez has proved himself in every league he's played. He single handedly saved West Ham, something Rooney can't achieve!! Tevez moved to Seria A and he's already surpassed the 20-goal mark. grin

tevez is 100 times better than rooney.
everywhere he goes, he wins. he won the golden boot at city. he won the boot @the olympics for his country.

he has won player of the season for city, juventus, argentina, etc. he won south american player of the year 3 times in a row. rooney can never compare to tevez.

Nihilist:

I included international goals.

you included international goals because you are a fraud. rooney has almost double the number of games tevez has played for country. their respective international games aren't similar, only club games are similar.

Even if we're to remove internstional goals, then we see that Rooney's goal output and Tevez's goal output are very similar over a similar amount of games.

rooney has played about 15 games more & i am sure rooney has played at least 10,000 minutes more than tevez for club. tevez still wins.

I'm even disregarding the fact that Tevez career totals include goals in argentine and Brazilian leagues, whilst Rooney has been performing non stop in one of the biggest leagues in the world.

It is extremely fraudulent to call Tevez a baller and rooney a fraud than.

oshea has been performing non stop in one of the biggest leagues in the world, he must be a world class player if we use your logic. what has where tevez played before gotta do with his talent?

he met rooney in england, he won the golden boot of rooney's country & since he's left, rooney hasn't been able to match that feat. abeg, no one would put rooney anywhere close to tevez.

tevez was born to win, rooney is just a granny shaggër. an unproven featherweight who gets a pass cos his country doesn't produce quality strikers. even with rooney's wackness, he is still england's best forward.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:53am On May 26, 2015
coogar:

tevez is 100 times better than rooney.
everywhere he goes, he wins. he won the golden boot at city. he won the boot @the olympics for his country.

he has won player of the season for city, juventus, argentina, etc. he won south american player of the year 3 times in a row. rooney can never compare to tevez.

Kai!! Coog, stop this argument. It hurts me seeing Rooney's poor CV with over-paid wages. Rooney is the greatest fraud in football history!! I said it!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 10:55am On May 26, 2015
Mehn coogar n sinizia r now d dynamic duo of arguments in dis thread. Pawa where is ur partner? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:58am On May 26, 2015
parrotibaba:
Mehn coogar n sinizia r now d dynamic duo of arguments in dis thread. Pawa where is ur partner? grin

I will have to stop because Coogar just ripped Rooney apart with stats. And as a Man Utd fan, it's shameful to me. I'm not mocking Rooney, i love the guy, but all I'm saying is that for €300K and all the praises he's getting, i expected not less than 20 goals per season from. But he can't afford that and it's sad. I'm not mocking him, just saying the truth.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:03am On May 26, 2015
coogar:

you included international goals because you are a fraud. rooney has almost double the number of games tevez has played for country. their respective international games aren't similar, only club games are similar.

Even at Club, Rooney had more opportunity to topple Tevez. Tevez moved to many clubs, some as poor as West Ham. Tevez for many months refused to play for City, he came back and picked form instantly. There's no comparison. Tevez has won the Olympics, has Rooney won anything International? Abeg, forget story.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:05am On May 26, 2015
sinizia:

I will have to stop because Coogar just ripped Rooney apart with stats. And as a Man Utd fan, it's shameful to me. I'm not mocking Rooney, i love the guy, but all I'm saying is that for €300K and all the praises he's getting, i expected not less than 20 goals per season from. But he can't afford that and it's sad. I'm not mocking him, just saying the truth.

don't mind the media sheep!
the moment the biased english media tell them rooney is world class, they hang on to it like its the gospel. on what planet can rooney & tevez be put on the same pedestal?

sinizia:

Even at Club, Rooney had more opportunity to topple Tevez. Tevez moved to many clubs, some as poor as West Ham. Tevez for many months refused to play for City, he came back and picked form instantly. There's no comparison. Tevez has won the Olympics, has Rooney won anything International? Abeg, forget story.

tevez has single-handedly delivered league titles in argentina & brazil. he's won copa libertodores(UCL equivalent in south america) & he was ranked the best player....he wasn't a passenger like rooney who was carried on the back of ronaldo in 2007/8.

tevez came to england.....
he pulled west ham out of relegation single-handedly & was their player of the season. he won 2 league titles & UCL at man utd. he won the league title at city & he has won the league title twice now @juventus.

he has made more impact for the clubs he's played for than rooney can ever be. tevez is a born-winner.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:01pm On May 26, 2015
Manchester United ready to sell Antonio Valencia in order to land new right-back

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/579872/Manchester-United-Antonio-Valencia-Dani-Alves-Barcelona-Van-Der-Wiel-PSG-Transfer-Gossip
-------------

I hope is true ooo

==========

Manchester United agree terms to sign Ilkay Gundogan - report

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2015/05/25/man-utd-agree-terms-to-sign-llkay-gundogan-report-97222/

http://soccerisma.com/2015/05/agreement-reached-gundogan-star-to-join-man-united/

Etc.. ..

About 5 sites and papers have said this
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 26, 2015
sinizia:

Kai!! Coog, stop this argument. It hurts me seeing Rooney's poor CV with over-paid wages. [s] Rooney is the greatest fraud in football history [/s] !! I said it!!
Bring him to Barcelona and let Iniesta feed him quality passes for a season and see if he won't score more than he did in United. .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eghos12(m): 2:23pm On May 26, 2015
TODAY IS THE DAY THAT NEVER SAY DIE WAS BORN

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 2:27pm On May 26, 2015
Darkrebel666:

Bring him to Barcelona and let Iniesta feed him quality passes for a season and see if he won't score more than he did in United. .
iniesta of old or this current one?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 2:34pm On May 26, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:

Manchester United ready to sell Antonio Valencia in order to land new right-back

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/579872/Manchester-United-Antonio-Valencia-Dani-Alves-Barcelona-Van-Der-Wiel-PSG-Transfer-Gossip
-------------

I hope is true ooo

==========

Manchester United agree terms to sign Ilkay Gundogan - report

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2015/05/25/man-utd-agree-terms-to-sign-llkay-gundogan-report-97222/

http://soccerisma.com/2015/05/agreement-reached-gundogan-star-to-join-man-united/

Etc.. ..

About 5 sites and papers have said this
Is Van der Wiel even an upgrade on AV.

LvG said a holding midfielder is his priority.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 2:37pm On May 26, 2015
Sir Matt Busby was born on this day in 1909. As United manager, he won five league titles, two FA Cups and the club's first-ever European Cup.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 3:08pm On May 26, 2015
chrisley024:
Is Van der Wiel even an upgrade on AV.

LvG said a holding midfielder is his priority.

Yeah i learnt that and it's true

Buh dah man don go holidays oo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:21pm On May 26, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
Yeah i learnt that and it's true

Buh dah man don go holidays oo
Heard he has submitted his targets to Woodward and informed players that will leave also.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:28pm On May 26, 2015
Darkrebel666:

Was Iniesta in Liverfool when Suarez was terrorizing defenders and bagging the golden boot?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 26, 2015
chrisley024:
iniesta of old or this current one?

the current Iniesta singlehandedly obliterated Paris Saint Germain.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 26, 2015
sinizia:

Was Iniesta in Liverfool when Suarez was terrorizing defenders and bagging the golden boot?

Suarez had Gerard(who's a world-class passer of the ball), supplemented with Coutinho who's another brilliant midfield maestro.
If Rooney was in Liverfool Liverpool, he'd find the back of the net as frequent or almost as frequent as Luis did.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 26, 2015
coogar:

there has never been a time rooney has [b]convincingly been our best player.[/b] he was nowhere to be found when ronaldo was here.

Easy Bro..Yes he is not all that ish but he was our stand out player in 2009 where he scored 38 goals or something that season.He has declined though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1644) (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) (1650) ... (14220) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jamiuokolla, kizolo(m), MRTA7 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.